The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"LaToya, what do you think?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-04, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"LaToya, what do you think?"
I've like her from the beginning, she obviosuly very very talented. Some argue she is the "best". BUT I'm curious to see if anyone else agrees with me about her being textbook and B-O-R-I-N-G!!! She always has the same pageant plastic smile on. Simon was right when he said we don't know anything about her. What do you guys think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: LaToya, what do you think? goldiejh 05-12-04 1
   RE: LaToya, what do you think? mishelelise 05-13-04 7
   RE: LaToya, what do you think? CloningEwe 05-21-04 19
 RE: LaToya, what do you think? okaychatt 05-12-04 2
   RE: LaToya, what do you think? pheeann 05-12-04 3
       RE: LaToya, what do you think? okaychatt 05-12-04 4
           ok now I feel bad! steppingrazor42 05-13-04 5
               RE: ok now I feel bad! Ricky 05-13-04 11
                   RE: ok now I feel bad! AugustGirl 05-16-04 17
           RE: LaToya, what do you think? shedevil 05-21-04 20
               RE: LaToya, what do you think? okaychatt 05-21-04 21
                   RE: LaToya, what do you think? shedevil 05-21-04 22
                       RE: LaToya, what do you think? okaychatt 05-23-04 23
   RE: LaToya, what do you think? ehalbert 05-13-04 9
   RE: LaToya, what do you think? Bugs 05-14-04 13
 RE: LaToya, what do you think? goodnesssmiles 05-13-04 6
   RE: LaToya, what do you think? pheeann 05-13-04 8
       RE: LaToya, what do you think? Ricky 05-13-04 12
 RE: LaToya, what do you think? Sup 05-13-04 10
 RE: LaToya, what do you think? joannie 05-14-04 14
   RE: LaToya, what do you think? dirtysouth 05-14-04 15
 RE: LaToya, what do you think? theincrediblehugey 05-14-04 16
 RE: LaToya, what do you think? hkb1946 05-19-04 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

goldiejh 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldiejh Click to send private message to goldiejh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
I think Latoya is very good! But, so is Fantasia. I think these two should have been the top 2. LaToya should't have been voted off. Everybody knows it should have been Jasmine. I have to agree with the judges on this one. She's just not as good. This is suppose to be a talent contest, not popularity contest. This show is really making me not to want to watch it anymore. It's rediculous!!!!!!!! Of the three finalists left my pick is for Fantasia!

mishelelise 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mishelelise Click to send private message to mishelelise Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
I was out tonight and didn't find results until returning home and logging in here. As a BIG Jennifer fan, I guess this shouldn't come as much of a surprise, I am just baffled as to what the heck the American public is thinking. I liked LaToya but found her to be a bit too refined and lacking the bubbly personality like some of the other ladies have. Jasmine has sung so many of the last few numbers out of tune, last night I actually had to listen hard to figure out what she was singing. She is beautiful and is talented but I don't think she even comes close to Jennifer, LaToya or Funtasia. Now here is what's been my biggest change of heart......... I absolutley HATE the 'comeooooonn ya all, everybody on your feet ' mumble jumble out of Dianna BUT each week she seems to get better and better and the fact that the girl is just 16 years old impresses me, I haven't had a chill watching since the infamous 'Summertime' rendition but last night Dianna , holding her own with such a wide scale range was awesome! Unfortunaltey, I think she will be the next to go. If Jasmine DOES end up winning, I'm switching over to watching some other REALITY show. If the show was based on talent, Jasmine would have been gone a long time ago. Just IMHO

CloningEwe 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CloningEwe Click to send private message to CloningEwe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
LaToya was boring. Fantasia has a really unique voice where as Latoya's voice is well trained but absolutely nothing new. One of the reasons I liked John Stevens was because he didn't sound like anyone else. He just didn't have a chance with the music choices they were giving him. What really sucked was that he got kicked off a week before the swing show that he clearly would have dominated. George Huff another original voice but really bad at Swing music.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-12-04, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
I think we do know about her. She seems grounded and in control of her life. We know she loves her husband and her ready made family. She loves her music and has worked long hours to get where she is.

She's not a showman the way Fantasia is, granted. But she knows who she is and what's important to her.

I like her.

pheeann 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pheeann Click to send private message to pheeann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
I totally agree with you, okaychatt.

05-12-04, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
Thanks, pheeann. I think Simon's comments the past few weeks have seeped into the general mindset and it's become the popular thing to say she has no personality. Of course she has one.

She's not outgoing, but that doesn't mean she's a blob. She doesn't zing on an individual level, but her singing sure does.

She's one of the few I don't worry about going flat or missing a note while she's singing.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-04, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "ok now I feel bad!"
I wrote that original message before the vote tonight.....I NEVER actually thought Jasmine would outlast LaToya, I might not have liked LaToya enough to win BUT she definitely was SOOOO much better than Jasmine. What a joke!
The show is reaching scary level.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-13-04, 06:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: ok now I feel bad!"
Latoya "technically" is a better singer than Jas. But she is BORING as you mentioned. So it doesn't surprise me that Jas has more fans than Latoya, and Latoya is gone. Is it fair ? Probably not, but America did decide.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-04, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: ok now I feel bad!"
So it doesn't surprise me that Jas has more fans than Latoya, and Latoya is gone. Is it fair ? Probably not, but America did decide.

I think it looks like Hawaii decided last week. It'll be interesting to see what the 49 other states do this week.

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
Thanks, pheeann. I think Simon's comments the past few weeks have seeped into the general mindset and it's become the popular thing to say she has no personality. Of course she has one.

I disagree. I thought she was boring from the first time I heard her sing, it was before Simon mentioned it. In fact, when he said it I thought "You're just now noticing"?

05-21-04, 06:58 PM (EST)
21. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
I like her very much as a person and a singer. She's someone I can respect in both aspects. When she sings, her composure, maturity, and confidence ring through. The problem is, unless you're listening to her on a CD, she doesn't have stage entertainment value.

However, she's the only one I never had to worry about missing a note. I could just sit back and enjoy her singing.

I agree she's not dynamic on the stage, but to say she has no personality is not accurate. We all have a personality.

I could agree if folks said, "She's just not dynamic." I think that is what Simon meant, and I concur.

I don't think she should have won the AI title. That honor should go to Jennifer or George or Fantasia, just because they are entertainers AND can sing.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-04, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
I'll meet you halfway. If she has a personality, she didn't show it.

05-23-04, 05:02 PM (EST)
23. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
Halfway is good.

She did show it. People just didn't find it engaging.

I guess I put the music ahead of personality, though I have to admit, I wouldn't go to one of her concerts.

I would listen to her on a CD, though.

I still wish Jennifer had had the chance to go further on AI. She had both the talent and the personality. Like Fantasia, Jennifer thought about her songs and what message she was trying to communicate.

Oh well.

ehalbert 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 03:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ehalbert Click to send private message to ehalbert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
I totally agree. LaToya has pose and polish, something I saw tonight in Donna Summer as she performed.

Bugs 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bugs Click to send private message to Bugs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
I also agree with you to me she is more down to earth than any of the others. I like her too.

goodnesssmiles 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail goodnesssmiles Click to send private message to goodnesssmiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
I really liked LaToya and its really sad that someone like that who has soooo much talent was voted off. She is the type of person who has her life together and knows what she wants. She is the oldest out of the girls and is a more settled down then them. I have seen her grow since she had started as well as the others, just her timing was wrong and its sad to see her go!! She will be missed!! Love you LaToya!!!!

pheeann 101 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 02:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pheeann Click to send private message to pheeann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
Exactly my thoughts, goodnesssmiles. However, I'm sure record companies will be flooding her with offers. The losers are really us, the viewing community, as we're now forced to endure another week of mediocrity with Jasmine. Me, I'm done watching.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-13-04, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
There can only be one American Idol in the end. Just because the person you want to win doesn't make it, you should still watch.

All Latoya fans please vote for Diana now !!

Sup 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 03:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sup Click to send private message to Sup Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
I agree 100% and it loooks like America did too!

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-14-04, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
I agree that LaToya is a great singer, but she is TOTALLY BORING. She doesn't evolve from week to week. She doesn't really improve, because she's been great from the start. She has no emotion. Even when she was getting kicked off, she had the same calm smile on her face that she always has. Predictability is BORING.

I also think that at 25, Latoya is far too old to be the American Idol. The audience wants someone to relate to, not some stepmother-figure. TOO OLD.

dirtysouth 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-14-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dirtysouth Click to send private message to dirtysouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
>I also think that at 25,
>Latoya is far too old
>to be the American Idol.
> The audience wants someone
>to relate to, not some
>stepmother-figure. TOO OLD.

Too old? What is this Football, or baseball. 25 is just getting a little experience in life.

I think in the bigger picture her personality and relationship to her fans will be fine. They can spruce her up in her music videos.

What you really know about the DirtySouth -Goodie Mob

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
...I'm curious to see if anyone else agrees with me about her being textbook and B-O-R-I-N-G!!! She always has the same pageant plastic smile on. Simon was right when he said we don't know anything about her.

I think the exact same could be said of Jasmine. What personality does she have? She's from Hawaii and likes to hula. What else do we know? Nada.

hkb1946 9 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hkb1946 Click to send private message to hkb1946 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: LaToya, what do you think?"
I think LaToya is outstanding! After all, this contest is about picking someone you would actually want to buy a CD of and play it over and over, without getting sick to death of the person's voice.

Ladyslider

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •