The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"First 3 episode titles"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-09-01, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"First 3 episode titles"
Titles of the first three episodes:

E1: "Question of Trust"
E2: "Who's Zooming Whom?"
E3: "The Gods Are Angry"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: First 3 episode titles SurvivorBlows 10-09-01 1
   RE: First 3 episode titles diamond 10-09-01 2
   Aretha Franklin HomeBrewer 10-09-01 3
       RE: Aretha Franklin NightScribe 10-09-01 4
           RE: Aretha Franklin SurvivorBlows 10-10-01 5
               RE: Aretha Franklin Lightmage81 10-10-01 6
                   RE: Aretha Franklin Lurking 10-11-01 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-01, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: First 3 episode titles"
OK, maybe I'm just getting old, but what the heck does "zooming" mean in this context?

I checked the slang websites, didn't come up with much:

http://www.geocities.com/informalenglish/Z.html

zoom(v) :1-to increase or go up suddenly and fast. _The taxes --- after the government got into a recession. 2-to move at a high speed and esp. noisily. _I hate zooming drivers.

And the Webster definition don't help me understand this either:

http://www.m-w.com/

Main Entry: 1zoom
Pronunciation: 'züm
Function: verb
Etymology: imitative
Date: 1886
intransitive senses
1 a : to move with a loud low hum or buzz b : to go speedily : ZIP
2 of an airplane : to climb for a short time at an angle greater than that which can be maintained in steady flight so that the machine is carried upward at the expense of stored kinetic energy
3 : to focus a camera or microscope on an object using a zoom lens so that the object's apparent distance from the observer changes -- often used with in or out
4 : to increase sharply <retail sales zoomed>
transitive senses : to cause to zoom

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-09-01, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: First 3 episode titles"
Maybe it's along these lines:

All I wanna do is zoom-zoom-zoom-zoom and a boom-boom
Just shake your rump
- from "Rump Shaker" by Wreckx-N-Effect

The rest of the (truly inspired) lyrics can be found at,
for example:
http://www.nanuq.com/ashleigh/lyrics/r/rump_shaker.html

"So typical, a battle of wits, and I've come half-prepared." - Trashcan Sinatras

HomeBrewer 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-09-01, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HomeBrewer Click to send private message to HomeBrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Aretha Franklin"
Aretha Franklin had a hit in the mid 80's "Who's Zoomin' Who".

Lyrics below..

Who's Zoomin' Who
Aretha Franklin
Written by Narada Michael Walden, Preston Glass & Aretha Franklin

- (#7 1985)

You walked in on the sly
Scopin' for love
In the crowd, I caught your eye
You can't hide your stuff

You came to catch
You thought I'd be naive and tame
You met your match
I beat you at your own game

(chorus)
Who's zoomin' who, take another look, tell me baby
Who's zoomin who...oh
Who's zoomin' who, now the fish jumped off the hook
Didn't I baby...Who's zoomin' who (repeat)

Guess you believed the world
Played by your rules
Here stands an experienced girl
Nobody's fool...

Don't speculate
you thought you had me covered, but
I've got your bait
You're bound to be my lover...oh
(chorus)

You think you're smooth
That you can pickand choose
When the time is right...
But, just look behind, you'll be surprised to find
I'm gonna make you mine tonight...oh
(chorus)

“Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.” -Winston Churchill

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-09-01, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Aretha Franklin"
The first thing I thought of was the Aretha Franklin song. I believe it means either to scam someone, decieve them, or "play" them. In it's more urbane definition, I believe it means who's f#cking who. So, it could be sexual, but more than likely, it is a reference to someone being played or scammed. That is unless "zoomin'" has taken on a new colloquial meaning since Aretha's song came out.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Aretha Franklin"
Thanks folks... mid 80's huh... I was there for that, not sure why I don't remember this song

Anyways, assuming it basically means "playing" -- ie. "Who's playing whom?" then is there anything we can take from this? It certainly looks like the mind games and strategy are going to START QUICKLY in S3. We should watch Episode #1 keeping this Episode #2 title in mind, perhaps we can get a feel from it or the Ep #2 previews to whom this title might be referring.

-SB

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-10-01, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Aretha Franklin"
....as long as Jerri doesn't sing it..........

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-11-01, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Aretha Franklin"
I get the impression that a contestant may have used the word "zoom" in Ep. 3, hence the episode title.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •