The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How .... (East coast spoiler warnin..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Current Message

mmcook 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-08-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmcook Click to send private message to mmcook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa..."
My opinion:

Man, I've been checking out this board since about the top 7, and I can't believe how quickly feelings change! As soon as MiG didn't get into the bottom three, I knew immediately that would be the entire focus of the forum. I'm sure it was a close race.. I doesn't mean MiG is a million times better than JD. The right person went home, and people are voting on the overall package - not one great performance (which is good). That's how someone can get the encore and not the top 2. Not some BS about an organized group wanted to see more of JD. It doesn't make enough of a difference in WOLRDWIDE voting. MiG is now the crucified bag guy, even though he did nothing wrong. It's really typical in Reality TV singing competitions for people to get SUPER angry at a performer who has NO control over the voting. Like it's MiG's fault for not being in the bottom three. He's a humble guy, he knows he should be there based on his performance last night and was shocked. However, let me just say that "Hard to Handle" was great, and unfortunately his personal song is what people were left with. BUT, I do believe that his personal song showed the most MUSICAL talent and diversity in the group. A couple interested time signatures and colorful chords. I agree that it's not an INXS feature, but hopefully they are looking past that at a great, versatile talent.

Now, JD. I've been a JD fan for a while because I thought his attitude was appropriate for a Rock band. Despite the opposition I faced from my female friends who all like MiG or Marty ("How could like that arrogant SOB!" they would say). Well, anyway, it's funny to see JD now as one of the "fan" favorites. I mean, he has REALLY blown some songs in the past. People's attention spans are so short, it's unbelievable. Mob mentality at it's finest - let's jump on the band wagon! MiG, at least, has been consistent. But, honestly, I like JD and I think his biggest problem as the lead singer of INXS would be his ability to integrate into the band and take direction.

Marty. Oh, Marty. Evidently, people thing MiG is not a Rock singer. You guys think Marty is a Rock singer!?!? Sorry.. but he's as much out of place as MiG or Suzie. JD is the one who most caters to what INXS is about (but provides more of an "edge", which is good). Marty biggest asset is his "raw" edge, and the fact that he listens to the band and takes direction really well. Yes, Marty could help "modernize" INXS, but not without a style change (same as MiG and Suzie). So, it's fine to praise Marty as a star (I am a BIG fan myself), but don't critise other people for not being "Rocky" enough. Look at INXS. Looks at what they've done in the past. Now look at the new song they wrote and performed in last night's show.. Now, tell me honestly that you think Marty should win this competition and be the lead singer of THAT band. Wouldn't we all rather see him someplace else?

Don't have much to say about Suzie.. She's changed a lot since having that big week with Queen. Grown a lot more confident, and is an all-round good performer. I don't find her totally convicing on stage though.

That's all I've got to say. I'm a fan of the show, and a fan of each of the final four in different ways. They're all awesome; none are "mediocre". Maybe some of YOU play in some mediocre rock band, but these four are amazing to have gotten this far. Jordis is an example of what a competition like this can do to a person. I would give my left nut to have one of these final people lead my band.

Later.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 How .... (East coast spoiler warnin...   cheesybread     09-07-05       
   RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Wacko Jacko     09-07-05     1  
     RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Anabb     09-08-05     21  
   RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   shygirl     09-07-05     2  
   RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Tiggertramp     09-07-05     3  
     RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Wacko Jacko     09-07-05     4  
         RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Loree     09-07-05     6  
     RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   brvnkrz     09-08-05     37  
   RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   LaLaLisa     09-07-05     5  
     RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Loree     09-07-05     7  
         RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Wacko Jacko     09-07-05     8  
             RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Tahj     09-08-05     46  
         RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   LaLaLisa     09-07-05     9  
             RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Loree     09-07-05     13  
                 RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   heatherms2k     09-09-05     50  
   RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   me144     09-07-05     10  
   RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   shanana banana     09-07-05     11  
     RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   queenbee     09-08-05     20  
         RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   riverrocker     09-09-05     52  
   RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   shanana banana     09-07-05     12  
     RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   LaLaLisa     09-08-05     38  
   RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Shypappy     09-07-05     14  
     RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   thefan     09-07-05     15  
         RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Loree     09-07-05     16  
             RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Quackrel     09-08-05     17  
                 JD's problem   Undertow12345     09-08-05     18  
                     RE: JD's problem   AndrewTN     09-08-05     29  
                         RE: JD's problem   kjgibsonplayer     09-13-05     53  
                     RE: JD's problem   LaLaLisa     09-08-05     35  
                 RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Wacko Jacko     09-08-05     27  
                 RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   LaLaLisa     09-08-05     34  
                     RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   shanana banana     09-08-05     36  
                         RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   LaLaLisa     09-08-05     40  
   RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Anabb     09-08-05     19  
     RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   queenbee     09-08-05     22  
         RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Anabb     09-08-05     23  
     RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   shanana banana     09-08-05     24  
         RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Anabb     09-08-05     25  
             RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   NanIndy     09-08-05     26  
                 RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   Wacko Jacko     09-09-05     51  
   RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   leianawd     09-08-05     28  
   Tone Deaf Teens???   CattyChat     09-08-05     30  
     RE: Tone Deaf Teens???   Loree     09-08-05     33  
         RE: Tone Deaf Teens???   leianawd     09-08-05     41  
         RE: Tone Deaf Teens???   triednottowatch     09-08-05     44  
   RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   dragonflies     09-08-05     31  
   RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   true     09-08-05     32  
     RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   mmcook     09-08-05     39  
         RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   LaLaLisa     09-08-05     42  
         RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   shanana banana     09-08-05     43  
         RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   true     09-08-05     45  
             Who thinks INXS can really come bac...   toddE     09-08-05     48  
                 RE: Who thinks INXS can really come...   Quackrel     09-09-05     49  
         RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   CattyChat     09-08-05     47  
             RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   kjgibsonplayer     09-13-05     54  
   RE: How .... (East coast spoiler wa...   MWMWMWMWMWMWMWM     09-13-05     55  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •