The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Will it be the Festers or Guido to get the BOOT"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

mark grace 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-21-01, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mark%20grace Click to send private message to mark%20grace Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Will it be the Festers or Guido to get the BOOT"
Looks like it will be these two teams battling it out

Will fester pull together and turn up 3rd that the next pit stop or will Guido pass them and make it to 3rd place seeing the Festers eat DUST????

COME ON FESTERS......

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 GUIDO to be Booted mark grace 11-21-01 1
   RE: GUIDO to be Booted mauki 11-22-01 2
       RE: GUIDO to be Booted pokey 11-22-01 3
 RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido... Fast Eddie 11-22-01 4
 RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido... katem 11-22-01 5
   RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido... Ru_Man 11-22-01 6
       RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido... katem 11-22-01 7
           RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido... managerr 11-22-01 8
               RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido... Loree 11-22-01 9
                   RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido... mark grace 11-22-01 10
                       RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido... Denyse 11-23-01 11
                           RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido... FnMfan 11-26-01 12
                               RE: Trends ivoryElephant 11-26-01 14
 Are the teams REALLY neck and neck? PagongRatEater 11-26-01 13
   RE: Are the teams REALLY neck and n... sittem 11-26-01 15
       RE: Are the teams REALLY neck and n... mark grace 11-26-01 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-21-01, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mark%20grace Click to send private message to mark%20grace Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "GUIDO to be Booted"
Now although Guido has caught up they are still behind a good 6-8 hours... Now Guido may get lucky and the other teams may have to wait for a site in China to open up. Festers may indeed catch up to the other teams as well as Guido....

Although I think Guido won't catch up.... muhahaha

and fall by the way side and get the boot...

mauki 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-22-01, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mauki Click to send private message to mauki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: GUIDO to be Booted"
Actually Guido should be a lot more than 6-8 hours behind F/M and the lawyers. If you remember Frank mentioned while all of them were on the beach at tonight's pit stop that the Guido's were just leaving the previous pit stop. Now the Guido's did leave the hotel at 5:30 pm and did get to the shop where they were to get the rock-climbing equipment. However, the shop didn't open until 8:00 am the next morning. So by the time the Guido's were getting their equipment and instructions that morning, F/M and the lawyers would have already done the mandatory 12 hours of rest before leaving that stop at 5:30 am that morning. Two and a half hours before the shop opened for the Guidos. Figuring the time it took the Guidos to do the detours and get to the pit stop, plus the mandatory 12 hour layover, F/M and the lawyers should have a 16 to 18 hour lead.

pokey 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-22-01, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pokey Click to send private message to pokey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: GUIDO to be Booted"
whether they leave earlier doesn't seem to matter cuz they're neck and neck in the previews doing the eating and the rickshaw race. Looks like the festers will be on their way... HOME!

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-22-01, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido to get the BOOT"
It looks like the next leg involves a flight - the place where they typically bunch up, essentially restarting the race from scratch (what a stupid premise!).

But I can't see Bert and Ernie winning. If they did, the others would have a good case for a lawsuit, as they clearly cheated (i.e., broke the published rules) back at Tunis airport.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-22-01, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido to get the BOOT"
I think the previews tried to make exciting as to making us believe that all the teams will be much closer together. In reality, R&B and Crazy Man and No Salt have such a HUGE lead that they are pretty much in the finals already and I do not think that it will change, they might lose some ground on the others, but they do have at least a 14 hour lead.

As for third place, the previews again tried to make exciting and we could see the Festers catching up to the Guidos, in the history of these types of shows, that does not bode well for the Festers.

The producers are trying to show how Festers are going to make it, only to have it turn out differently. I think the Guidos will pull it out and the Festers will be the eighth and last team eliminated from the race.

But, as I have always said, this is all speculation. What do we know. Can't wait for the next three shows.

Ru_Man 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-22-01, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ru_Man Click to send private message to Ru_Man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido to get the BOOT"
Kevin and Drew seem to be hitting the wall, stamina-wise - their one liners (a Big Mac short of 240 lbs- hahaha) are still flowing, but it seemed like the Guidos had made up some time on them, and I think that momentum will carry over - one question I have is - once the final 3 are determined do they start over as equals or does the time differential carry over?

Also the money issue still seems to be a terrible negative about this show. Frank always tries to bargain, etc. is this a good strategy? Who knows? When they ID the teams with the local time,etc. the producers could also put how much $ they have left - this would certainly add to the drama

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-22-01, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido to get the BOOT"
I agree with you the Festers are more snippy with each other than usual (although their insults were season highs for both, very funny) and Drew in particular seems a bit desperate to me.

As for the money situation, I completely agree. The Guidos for one are always trying to save money on fares, but always splurge on hotels, seems strange. I do remember that R&B a few episodes back were having trouble with money, if I remember correctly they did not receive cash for that leg and were running out of it.

Your idea of using a corner of the screen to show the money situation was done very effectively on "Lost", the producers should consider it for TAR 2.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-22-01, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido to get the BOOT"
I dunno, there was a *lot* of positive editing done for the Guidos this episode. On Survivor it's often the precursor to that character getting the big boot. I must admit, even I thought it was a warm and fuzzy moment when Joe was helping Bill climb that hill. For a bunch of older guys, they look they are in remarkable shape.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-22-01, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido to get the BOOT"
I thought the same thing about the positive look they were giving the Guidos. Almost like they don't want them hitting the interview scene completely hated. They have been our villains but now they must leave and they want to lighten them up. It was almost like the Guidos even know they are done. The arrogance about the other teams being no competition has ended. It is time for acceptance that they have failed.

11-22-01, 11:51 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido to get the BOOT"
Because of the world cup qualifer Australia played the T.V network showed temptation island rather then the Amazing Race..
So I'm two weeks behind and I haven't yet seen emily's tearful face..

I have no idea how far behind the Festers and Guidos are but it looks dim for these two teams. Unless there is a delay or the first two teams run into trouble in China I can't see Guido or the festers making any ground..

I think the Guidos will go next followed by the Festers..

But you never know the frats may pull something and Combine their Fester Powers to win the GAME..

GO FESTERS

Denyse 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-23-01, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denyse Click to send private message to Denyse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido to get the BOOT"
the fat boys will be kicked out...
i bet my fave cadbury chocolate bar on it....

FnMfan 27 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-01, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FnMfan Click to send private message to FnMfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Will it be the Festers or Guido to get the BOOT"

I recall seeing Joe's interview wearing his yellow t-shirt in last week episode. I never saw that shot with that background before. Though he was commenting on his team's strength, his face was kinda look like nancy's face on her interview before being eliminated. Does not look like a victory's face to me....

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-26-01, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Trends"
I have noticed a trend on this show that coincides with trends on survivor.

Every time the Fraternitybrothers Kevin and Drew said "no one can stop us now we are not gonna give up first place" They faltered and ended up on the bottom. They were once again shown saying this.

This season of survivor it showed lindsey and silas making similiar boasts about winning. They were eliminated the next episode.

Doesn't look good for kevin and drew

"What a twisted web we weave when at first we practice to deceive"

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-26-01, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Are the teams REALLY neck and neck?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-01 AT 12:17 PM (EST)

Last weeks preview made it seem like the Festers and Guidos were battling it out for last place. In reality it appears that the Frat boys have somewhere around a 3 hour lead on the Poochie pair. Someone correct me if I'm mis-remembering, but it seems to me that last weeks previews actually showed the two teams together battling it out. Again it could be a cloudy memory, but I don't recall ever seeing that in this episode, if my memory is correct.

That being said, I think that it is VERY possible that both teams race to the finish and if it comes down to a minute or two between the teams, I think Guido edges out the Festers. But, I DO wonder if they are trying to create some suspense that isn't really there.

Is the eating footage during the race or is it that night before they leave the pit stop and just there to create the illusion of a tight race?

So many questions!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-26-01, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Are the teams REALLY neck and neck?"
I believe the teams will be neck and neck when they get to the next country. Airline trips seem to always equalize things. The preview implies this also and I think the producers are actually playing this straight. However, like last week I think it will be two seperate competitions, one for first/second and one for third/last. Lawyers and FM have too big a lead at this point.

Festers get eliminated - if it's neck and neck Bert and Ernie just have better heads for making right choices. Unfortunately, they'll be in final three.

Worse yet, all of the final three will start equal. The large lead which Lawyers and FM have will be wiped out for the final legs in order to make it all more interesting to the end. It makes no sense for the viewers to see two teams 24 hours ahead of the other team bringing up the rear. There's more suspense if all three are vying for the lead.

11-26-01, 06:45 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Are the teams REALLY neck and neck?"
I love the festers so if by some means they stuff up... I'll be upset to see them not make the final 3..

The one thing that dissapoints me is that if the 3 teams start off on the same time... '

This whole race as been awesome... but what are the rules....

I mean the next time people play this game stratedgy will be formed.. i know how I would play the game......
but then even if I got a day ahead.. somehoe CBS would find away to bring me back to the others

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •