The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lindsey Hospitalized?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-01-01, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lindsey Hospitalized?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-01 AT 11:50 AM (EST)

I haven't seen this anywhere so I'm gonna dip my toes into the spoiling arena.

I found the following article on survivornews.net:

Survivor Was Hospitalized
09/30/01 - (SurvivorNews.net exclusive) For those of you who do not want to read spoilers, you have been warned. Stop reading now.

Lindsey Richter, the sprightly, young blonde and the first person identified as a Survivor: Kenya contestant, was hospitalized during the filming of the show, SurvivorNews.net has learned.

While our Savannah spy would not provide the precise nature of the problem nor the date she was admitted, SurvivorNews can confidently say that Lindsey was seen in a hospital during the first part of August.

Filming began July 11th. The final episode was filmed around August 18. As such, Lindsey did not win Survivor: Kenya. All signs point to her not making it to at least the final six as well.

Suffering is not a novel concept on the Survivor show. The mother of Kelly Wiglesworth from Survivor 1 reportedly told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that upon returning from Borneo Kelly "looked so bad.... She got a digestive disease parasite. She's still sick. I just keep sending the bills to CBS... It was almost like being with someone who had come back from the war and had post-traumatic stress."

A starving Mike Skupin from Survivor: The Australian Outback fell into a fire pit after inhaling smoke and suffered severe burns. He was a given a completely new identity at a Queensland hospital and Club Med.

The potential for danger continues to be a tool for attracting the increasingly jaded viewers. Indeed Dr. Adrian Cohen, Survivor's chief physician for all three series, has already given a taste for what the participants might have had to endure. "There are some great diseases in Africa. I mean, this is a tropical medicine paradise," he told Linda Grasso of E! News Daily in an interview during the first week of filming.

CBS would neither confirm nor deny whether any of the Survivors in Kenya required medical treatment. When asked by SurvivorNews if injuries and sickness are considered a normal and routine part of this new genre of reality shows, a CBS spokesman said, "nobody at CBS wants to see injuries or illness connected to our series -- that's why we have such extensive safety, security and screening measures in place." The contestants also sign their lives away -- literally -- holding the producers blameless for injury or even death. "All of our adventure-seeking applicants and participants are made fully aware in advance of any inherent risks involved."

Mark Burnett has stated that when it comes to Survivor scoops "no one believes the internet." Ironically it was "the internet" that broke the names of the contestants in the past two Survivor series weeks before CBS officially announced them. And DarkRivers, the main sleuth behind the Ellipsiiis Brain... Trust, correctly predicted the bootee for every episode since they began making predictions. Knowing noses say he is rested and ready to roll for Survivor: Kenya.

The Boston Herald newspaper tried their hand at Survivor spoiling, but were apparently bamboozled after being fed a very reliable pipeline of information for several weeks. Their winning streak came to an end and they turned in their crystal ball after the second to last episode when Elisabeth Filarski was voted off the game, contrary to their reported scoops.

Around the time Mike Skupin was injured in Australia, a rumor of a 63 year old male contestant being injured in a horse accident began to surface (at that time the identities of the contestants were not yet made public). It's not clear if this rumor was disinformation from the producers of Survivor to obfuscate the nature of the injury and the identity of the person.

When photos of Mike with hand bandages were discovered on his website by "AtlantaFatMike" (or "Vanillaslave," depending on who you wish to believe in an ongoing debate) the internet community correctly dispelled the earlier false rumors.

Contestants are under strict orders to not reveal anything about the show. When Lindsey was rumored to be a contestant by Peter Carlin of The Oregonian, SurvivorNews contacted a purported Lindsey Richter, Portland resident, by instant messenger service (the email ID was found on a website). She did not talk about the show but insisted that "half the stuff on Survivor News is false."

Here is the link: http://www.survivornews.net/news/200109/30-survivor.hospitalized/

Edited to add:
Maybe this explains the cornrow braids and where she got them?? After she got out of the hospital if she was sent somewhere like Mike was, she would definately have time to sit and get her hair braided.

Tinkerbell--who's going back to the shallow end to play with the bashers

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lindsey Hospitalized? dabo 10-01-01 1
   RE: Lindsey Hospitalized? Tinkerbell 10-01-01 2
       RE: Lindsey Hospitalized? Krautboy 10-01-01 3
       RE: Lindsey Hospitalized? samiam 10-01-01 4
       RE: Lindsey Hospitalized? sleeeve 10-01-01 5
       RE: Lindsey Hospitalized? dabo 10-02-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-01-01, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lindsey Hospitalized?"
Thanks, Tink. From what I recall reading after they broadcast Skupin's accident in the Outback, a player can be taken to a hospital for treatment and returned to the game, Skupin's injuries were just too extensive for that, he had to be hospitalized for extensive surgery, treatment and recovery.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-01-01, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lindsey Hospitalized?"
Hey dabs!
I remember it differently. I thought that once a survivor was taken out of the game for any reason they could not return. But maybe it is just as you said that if it was an extensive injury the could not come back. I would think that for someone to go to the hospital and receive treatment that probably included rehydrating with an iv fluids, would then have an unfair advantage over the other survivors...but maybe it would be a disadvantage too.
I could very well be wrong though...sleeeve or anyone else--do you know anything about leaving the game and being able to come back?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-01-01, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lindsey Hospitalized?"
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This is the second report of someone from the show being hospitaized.(A person called "Clay" speculated to be Clarence BLack was the other.)

Both reports state "hospitalized during filming", but neither report is clear about whether Lindsey or Clarence were still competing at the time of the hospitalization, at the Lodge after being booted, on the jury, or traveling in Africa.

We should keep these reports in mind as we look for supporting evidence, to verify that they are more than just rumors and watch the show to determine if the event that resulted in the hospitalization occurs during or after their active involvement.

The picture of Lindsey, shortly after her return, shows her in seemingly good health...can have been too bad if she was hospitalized.

Krautboy

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-01, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lindsey Hospitalized?"
In an interview with the Early Show last season after Ep 6 aired (the Skupin-gets-fried one), MB said that the reason Mike was gone after his injury was due to the amount of time he'd be out. " 'Someone can't be away for more than two days and come back into the game,' said Burnett" according to this article on Zap2It: http://tv.zap2it.com/shows/features/survivor/survivor02.html?15992
Hope that helps!

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-01-01, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lindsey Hospitalized?"
>sleeeve or anyone else--do you
>know anything about leaving the
>game and being able to
>come back?

Mark Burnett said that, during S2, there was no official rule about leaving and returning.

He said in an interview that he wished that Mike could have returned, but voted out by his tribe (due to his inability to use his hands).

However, I believe that for S3, they added an official rule that if a contestant is removed from the game for a medical condition, they will be unable to return (but I don't have time to go check the rules right now).

As for the hospitalization, I've heard reports that Lex returned with a pretty bad intestinal bug (probably from improperly purified water)... It's alwyas possible that Lindsay was removed from the game by vote, and later got sick. (although, if true, this would indicate that she does not win)

Finally, I've heard the possible reports about Clarence being hospitalized... does anyone remember the "horse accident" spoiler that came out about the time that Mike's injury was going to air... it's possible that we have a similar situation, here... in other words, maybe Lindsay's hospitalization is just a big red herring.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-01, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lindsey Hospitalized?"
Hey Tinks!
Sorry I didn't say "good find" earlier, I posted and then got ready and left for work, and all day I was kicking myself thinking maybe I had confused board speculation for something else (last season was so yesterday, yah). Anyway, I hope you're right, that the rules (now anyway) prohibit a hospitalized player from returning, it really wouldn't be fair (though I doubt MB really gives a dang). Anyway, whether there's any truth to it (a post-booting hospitalization wouldn't have much value) or it's a red herring (MB is going to try this time to be even trickier than before), it is good to have everything on the table. I still don't know what to make of the piece, it seems mainly a spacefiller and good promotion for MB; if anyone has any useful insights please post them.

Again, Tink, good catch and thank you.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •