The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Deal -- or no deal?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-19-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Deal -- or no deal?"
Watch Howie Mandel trying not to give away a million dollars -- or do anything else?

Supposedly this is a hit in other nations, and NBC is either desperate enough to try and establish it here or just has absolutely nothing else to run between eight and nine p.m. EST for five straight nights. I'll probably watch the first one, just to see what all the (poorly generated) fuss is about and how the game actually works, but -- Howie Mandel? Why? Was Ant busy?

Anyone else going to watch? It might be sort of bashable.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? CantStandToLook 12-19-05 1
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? Snidget 12-19-05 2
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? volsfan 12-19-05 3
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? bystander 12-19-05 4
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? Fishercat 12-19-05 5
   RE: Deal -- or no deal? realityfreek 12-19-05 6
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? DearAbby 12-19-05 7
 Not quite spoiler information. Estee 12-19-05 8
   RE: Not quite spoiler information. Fishercat 12-19-05 9
       RE: Not quite spoiler information. volsfan 12-19-05 10
           RE: Not quite spoiler information. bystander 12-20-05 11
               RE: Not quite spoiler information. Snidget 12-20-05 12
                   RE: Not quite spoiler information. volsfan 12-20-05 13
                       RE: Not quite spoiler information. DooWahDitty 12-20-05 14
 Night #2 Estee 12-20-05 15
   RE: Night #2 volsfan 12-20-05 16
   RE: Night #2 Fishercat 12-20-05 17
       RE: Night #2 Estee 12-20-05 18
           RE: Night #2 bystander 12-20-05 19
           RE: Night #2 volsfan 12-20-05 24
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? Fishercat 12-20-05 20
   RE: Deal -- or no deal? Estee 12-20-05 21
       RE: Deal -- or no deal? Fishercat 12-20-05 22
           RE: Deal -- or no deal? Estee 12-20-05 23
               RE: Deal -- or no deal? Fishercat 12-20-05 25
                   RE: Deal -- or no deal? Estee 12-20-05 28
                       RE: Deal -- or no deal? Fishercat 12-20-05 30
 I have liked it better tonight volsfan 12-20-05 26
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? Fishercat 12-20-05 27
   RE: Deal -- or no deal? Estee 12-20-05 29
       RE: Deal -- or no deal? Fishercat 12-20-05 31
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? Fishercat 12-20-05 32
 One of the show's problems. Estee 12-20-05 33
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? bystander 12-21-05 34
 Night #3 Estee 12-21-05 35
   RE: Night #3 volsfan 12-21-05 36
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? Fishercat 12-21-05 37
   RE: Deal -- or no deal? volsfan 12-21-05 38
       RE: Deal -- or no deal? Fishercat 12-21-05 39
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? dabo 12-22-05 40
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? Puffy 12-22-05 41
   RE: Deal -- or no deal? Snidget 12-22-05 42
 Night #4 Estee 12-22-05 43
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? Bebo 12-22-05 44
   RE: Deal -- or no deal? Estee 12-22-05 45
       RE: Deal -- or no deal? bystander 12-22-05 46
           RE: Deal -- or no deal? Estee 12-22-05 47
               RE: Deal -- or no deal? bystander 12-22-05 48
           RE: Deal -- or no deal? Bebo 12-23-05 53
               RE: Deal -- or no deal? bystander 12-23-05 55
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? Estee 12-22-05 49
   RE: Deal -- or no deal? cqvenus 12-22-05 50
       RE: Deal -- or no deal? Estee 12-22-05 51
           RE: Deal -- or no deal? Bebo 12-23-05 52
               RE: Deal -- or no deal? Snidget 12-23-05 54
                   RE: Deal -- or no deal? Estee 12-23-05 56
                       RE: Deal -- or no deal? Snidget 12-23-05 57
                   RE: Deal -- or no deal? Bebo 12-23-05 58
                       Should I ?? give me a reason goldie1000 12-23-05 59
                           RE: Should I ?? give me a reason Puffy 12-23-05 60
                               RE: Should I ?? give me a reason Snidget 12-23-05 61
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? Fishercat 12-23-05 62
   RE: Deal -- or no deal? goldie1000 12-23-05 63
   RE: Deal -- or no deal? volsfan 12-23-05 64
       RE: Deal -- or no deal? Fishercat 12-23-05 65
 RE: Deal -- or no deal? vince3 12-23-05 66
   RE: Deal -- or no deal? Snidget 12-23-05 67
 Shark - - or no Shark?? byoffer 12-23-05 68
 RE: WonderfuL! foonermints 12-24-05 69
   RE: WonderfuL! byoffer 12-24-05 70
       RE: WonderfuL! brvnkrz 12-24-05 72
           RE: WonderfuL! Estee 12-26-05 76
               RE: WonderfuL! brvnkrz 12-27-05 78
   RE: WonderfuL! DooWahDitty 12-24-05 71
   RE: WonderfuL! Loree 12-25-05 73
       Wonderfool! tribephyl 12-25-05 74
 Renewed. Estee 12-26-05 75
   Three? volsfan 12-26-05 77

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
lol..I wasn't gonna watch it until you mentioned Howie Mandel. Where has this guy been the last 10-15 years...it should be worth one laugh and then it'll die like so many others.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-05, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
Anything imported from elsewhere has to be better than what our homegrown TV execs come up with, right?

I think I am at least gonna watch the first one and check it out.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
I am watching the first one just to see where it goes. I used to really like Howie but he has dropped out of sight for a while. I think it will be interesting...let's hope so.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-19-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
I may miss it due to kid's stuff. Can you please write-up a summary for those of us that can't watch?

Seasonally appropriate greetings by Bob!

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-19-05, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
It has Howie Mandel, and he was horrible on CPS. He annoys me, and he wore stupid gloves.

realityfreek 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-19-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityfreek Click to send private message to realityfreek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
I want to watch, love game shows, but Howie Mandel? From what he says he has this germ phobia thing that makes him not able to stand being touched etc. He cant even shake hands with people. Not sure how he is going to stand people being excited and jumping all over him if they "win".

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-19-05, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
Has anyone tried to enter for the chance at $10,000? I can't get the on-line entry to work, and I don't want to pay for the text messaging.

12-19-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Not quite spoiler information."
Is it just me, or is this the most drawn-out game show in the history of time?

(Insert your own election joke here.)

BTW, the Banker's offer looks like the total from all remaining cases divided by the number of cases, sometimes to the nearest thousand. Whee. So best-case (for the best cases) on the final deal, you'd be offered $875,000. Worst case, $0.50.

I guess it could catch on.

I mean, people still watch The Bachelor, right? 'This is the last case for tonight.'

12-19-05, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Not quite spoiler information."
The only reason this was good is because the first contestant was a moron.

12-19-05, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Not quite spoiler information."
I agree with Estee this damn thing dragged out worse than anything I have seen before. I may give it a chance tomorrow but I am not so sure.

12-20-05, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Not quite spoiler information."
Geeze, can we open more than one case per commercial break?!? The show was painful to watch. The entire show is comparable to the first $2,000 worth of questions from Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. I don't see this showing lasting very long.

It's mindless and I was actually rooting for that lady and her jacka$$ husband to keep going just so she would lose the money. I was cheering when she only got $25K and she could have walked with $138K. WooHoo!!! Greedysunsobeotches!

And I agree with you Estee on how the banker was determining the buyout amount (at least after the first few cases were opened.) I was amazing my DD with my ability to predict the buyout amount before they answered the phone. (I explained to her that it was yet another example of how parents automatically know everything!)

12-20-05, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Not quite spoiler information."
Am I the only one that didn't now Howie shaved his head? I kept getting distracted by that.

Definitely one of those lets torture the contestant as much as possible. Did seem more drawn out than the Millionaire Torture. (and the torture the audience with commercials got old real fast).

For a prime-time game show it wasn't too bad. It is interesting in a social psychology class sort of way to see how people respond to the sitution.

Me, I'd be a wimp and probably check out early. I'd rather take a sure $60,000 than hope I had the right suitcase. They wanted to get a house, most of the amounts offered were high enough to make a really nice down payment (and the last offer one in a lot of markets would get you a decent house) too bad they didn't listen to Mom and get out while the getting was good.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

12-20-05, 03:26 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Not quite spoiler information."
The thing I didn't like at all was that the person guessing suit cases had no leverage in negotiating anything. I guess it was just my own spupidity but I thought it would be like some type of deal making process negotiated by both parties...WTF was I thinking?

I had seen Howie with the shaved head but he now reminds me of that idiot that was the host of Todd TV (yes, I think I was only 1 of 4 people in the country that watched).

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-20-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Not quite spoiler information."
I like that word, spupidity!

But vols, spupid is definitely something you're not.

Sigpic by Seana

12-20-05, 05:17 PM (EST)
15. "Night #2"
So who's up for another round of self-torture?

I almost wrote a review of this thing for OT today. Then I realized I didn't have enough material. A second hour might allow the show to manifest some actual drama. Intelligence. Pacing --

-- I'm not buying any of this, either...

12-20-05, 05:44 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Night #2"
It's all BS with very little drama but I am going to give it one more try.

12-20-05, 06:50 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Night #2"
Last night was Seacrest-esque. My only hope is that last night, it was the premiere and they tried to get as much money as possible out of that. However, if Howie goes around the world asking people what they think (contestant) should do and not answer the fvcking phone til he goes to a commercial break, I can't see myself watching it again. The online game takes 3 minutes and it is better than the show.

12-20-05, 07:43 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Night #2"
Have you noticed that the same core group of people keeps winding up watching the worst shows? We need a name. I nominate The Carp Coalition.

12-20-05, 07:52 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Night #2"
Wow, thanks for the reminder. Now I won't forget to tune in! I wonder what will happen? Maybe some briefcases will be opened? The suspense. Maybe they'll make all the models switch places just to mess with us. Maybe there'll be commercial breaks, dramatic pauses, over-zealous relatives who actually think they picked the briefcase worth $1 million.

OK, I'll give it one more try, unless I haven't seen the NCIS before.

12-20-05, 08:21 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Night #2"
The carp coalition? Sounds about right! I will take it.

12-20-05, 08:01 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
"I think your luck is turning" (after 75k and 100k are off)

The 1,000,000 is off the board.

Hilarious. This seems like a decent pace, and Howie just predicted a penny, go figure.

12-20-05, 08:08 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
You could almost call the million leaving at that exact moment -- right after this commercial break to edit it in. Not I'm calling this rigged. I'm not, 'cause game show rigging is really, really frowned on unless you're from Australia and wear a hat all the time. But still...

And a network first: an extended game show recrap. Whee.

12-20-05, 08:11 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-05 AT 08:14 PM (EST)

I'm waiting for a Trump voiceover telling him to pick case 18.

And Mr. Unlucky turned down 36k.

Edit: What the hell? Edit in the right numbers will you?

12-20-05, 08:17 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
The family members (with or without bartender) giving advice could get old really, really fast -- oops. Too late.

Pace still isn't great, and Howie seems to be working out all his potential 'right after this break' lines.

Next offer should be around $200,000. This is right around the point where I would consider running for it.

12-20-05, 08:28 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
I don't blame the guy for his decision, if only because there was a 3/4 chance he had more than that and a 1/4 chance he'd get a 400k offer next round, but turning down 240k? Doubt I could do it.

Yeah, they need to get rid of the family members. Stat.

12-20-05, 08:36 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
Well, it's not like Howie is going to hug him at the end of the run. And there he goes -- for the first time, the mysterious non-existent Bank has gotten at least moderately screwed. Arguably one round too late, but how was he supposed to know?

Looks like one contestant per hour could be the average.

12-20-05, 08:37 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
Keep them in the stands and then have them come down in the end, like The Price is Right. And Bob Barker could host this better than Howie Mandel too.

12-20-05, 08:28 PM (EST)
26. "I have liked it better tonight"
I don't like the phone thing and the way they are trying to create drama. Overall, I have liked it better tonight. I am hoping the guy wins the 300 or 400 thousand.

12-20-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
Like many other shows, this one would be better if hosted by Phil Gordon. He tells people when they suck at life and when they make bad moves, and he doesn't stall about it. Phil for the win!

12-20-05, 08:37 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
Two problems.

1. Phil would spend at least a fifth of the show quoting people their current set of odds. I can hear it now. 'Let's have the case count.'

2. Can you imagine how the set would have to be constructed so Phil wouldn't sprain his neck gazing down at everyone?

12-20-05, 08:39 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
Both of those are fair tradeoffs for me. And really, if that trade sends Howie AND the graphics away? Better than Doyle Alexander for John Smoltz.

12-20-05, 08:44 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
OK, the first big losing streak of the game, fantastic. Lost a lot of high amounts. Still gets an offer for 27k though. I'd keept going, can't get much worse, can it? Until she pulls the four high amounts remaining.

12-20-05, 09:00 PM (EST)
33. "One of the show's problems."
A good game show host has to be the ringmaster, captain, and all-around head honcho of the proceedings. He has to give off a sense of being in control. The game may be somewhat random, but the Master of Ceremonies is on top of everything happening on his stage at all times. With the Banker coming into play and calling down to the stage like a CEO pulling back holiday bonuses from on high, Howie comes across like someone else's stooge. Flunkie Of Ceremonies just doesn't work.

12-21-05, 08:32 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
OK, I watched 2 nites now. I think I'm done.

I felt like the fat guy screaming "hurry up" at the microwave oven all night! This show moves at the speed of dark.

The whole banker thing isn't cute, it isn't funny, and I really doubt there is a guy sitting up there. I think its a blow-up doll of The Donald, sitting in an executive chair.

Maybe Howie should use his helium voice. The models may be one of the best things about this show but couldn't they cut the overhead by using just one? Pick the best one and replace all the briefcases with TV touchscreens and she can run around touching them. Vanna White seems to do OK with that. I'm not sure what this show needs but I find it difficult to believe that it is a hit in so many other countries.

JMHO.

12-21-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
35. "Night #3"
Y'know, as far as suffering completely unnecessary pain goes, it's a really good warm-up act for Martha.

12-21-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Night #3"
I am going out to dinner with the family so I am not sure if I will get home in time to watch. I should however make the Martha finale.

Happy suffering!

12-21-05, 08:45 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
Anthony Anderson...err...this contestant is pretty darn unlucky.

12-21-05, 09:54 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
What happened?

12-21-05, 09:59 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
He pulled it out in the end. Suffice to say, his offers were almost all in the 10-40k range until the last four cases were available. His highest remaining case after about 6-7 was 200,000 dollars and he rolled that to the exact point where he got out with 99k (There was 10 dollars and 200k left, he had 10 dollars).

The woman from last night left with 201k I believe, if she played perfectly, she would have gotten to 500k offer with a minimal amount and 1,000,000 left, she had the low amount.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-05, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
I finally got a chance to watch this show. Three observations:

1. Howie is doing his damnedest to make it work.

2. It is the single dumbest game show I've ever seen.

3. I like the models.

SMILES ARE FREE

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-05, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"

Howie Mandel has been doing lame skits on the Tonight Show for quite a while now. Gives us an excuse to turn to Letterman. I'm waiting for the outcry over the identical 25-plets. How about 25 guys in their speedos? I can fast-forward through this show in about 10 minutes.

Snowed in by Tribephyl

12-22-05, 06:17 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
Well I thought that traditionally woman will watch game shows, so I can see them doing something to try to cater to men's need for eye candy to up the ratings. I don't know that a bunch of really cute guys in skimpy clothes would significantly increase the number of woman watching.

12-22-05, 02:55 PM (EST)
43. "Night #4"
About the models: I know it gets back to The Great Divide, but would we have heard a single word if we'd gotten twenty-six male models, all sporting six-packs which everyone could clearly see because they weren't wearing any shirts? What's bothering me more than anything else about the case scenery is two things: they're pretty much all the same physical type (probably to make the near-cloning a little more obvious) and there goes that 'you must be this tall to ride' image again, plus the entrance shots have probably drawn at least twenty-eight calls to the FCC.

They lucked out last night with Not Anthony Anderson, who's the sort of contestant every new game show needs: charismatic, dynamic, empathetic, and funny. (Censored), I'd like to see how he and his brother would do as Racers.

And Bystander, it could be worse. That could be Boston Rawb in the booth.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
People, people, people. I thought you knew better by now. This show is mildly tolerable if you watch it taped and can fast-forward through all of the blah blah blah wait for the commercials carp.

I tried watching it live one night, but it didn't work. I kept getting distracted by things like watching my fingernails grow.

12-22-05, 04:52 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
And yet, it's still getting more discussion than the Martha finale. Go figure.

Then again, I think your starting a thread about the wonders of watching your fingernails grow would get more discussion than the Martha finale. And if televised, higher ratings.

12-22-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
I am proud to say that I watched neither. Not Deal or No Deal, and not Martha Stewart. I'm officially cured of reality TV!

12-22-05, 05:07 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
In three words: Rolly on TAR-Stars.

12-22-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
D'oh!

OK, almost cured!

12-23-05, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
Not Deal or No Deal, and not Martha Stewart.

Mr. B was completely stunned when he reminded me the Martha finale was on and my response was, "So?" He couldn't believe I'd rather watch one of our recorded shows.

12-23-05, 08:35 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
From what I gather, we missed nothing and gained the opportunity to watch our fingernails grow!

12-22-05, 08:26 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
The number of commercial breaks per hour has just about doubled.

I'm trying to imagine Howie as the host of other shows. 'I'll tell you what number team you are -- right after this commercial break.'

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-05, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"

i tuned in at the last 15 min to see what it was and i totally don't get it.

can someone explain it? yeah, i thought not.

this show completely blows. i came in here to post a thread about it, and found it's been on already forever. wow. that's sad. it has absolutely no intelligence to it whatsoever. there is more strategy involved in the 'no whammy no whammy no whammy STOP!' show than in this one.

i do not understand what is so fascinating about this.

gawd i wish something else were on. i'm so sad when survivor is over, yet i cheer all season for it to just.end.already

see how annoying i am?

~ cq

12-22-05, 09:20 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
It's like this. You're not in the Carp Coalition. You just don't appreciate the slow, excruciating torture that is Truly Bad Television. The artistry of Howie going to commercial sixteen times in ten minutes is completely lost on you. Y'know what you need? An adult education class on carp appreciation. We'll assign you the entire run of For Love Of Money for your initial homework. That oughta do it.

And if you think this thread is sad, you should try watching the show for a full hour.

Okay... how does the game work... how to explain this... it doesn't work. There. That was easy.

The only intelligence involved is basic odds calculation. The opening rounds are pretty much a lost cause. You know you're going to knock out some big numbers unless you have more luck than someone who'd land on a show with Howie Mandel as host could be realistically expected to have. The key is the middle and late rounds -- when the fictional Banker's offers start looking up. The only thing anchoring the high numbers is whatever six-digit cases (with one potential seven) are still on the board. You have to figure out the odds of opening all of your anchor points and driving the Banker's number into the dust.

Which, if done without the six billion interruptions and interviews of the individual bacteria on the phone, could be done in about fifteen minutes per contestant.

I would not be surprised if tomorrow's show opened with 'Welcome to the fifth and last airing of...'

12-23-05, 07:44 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
I doubt that NBC will close the door on it for good at this point. They were smart enough to put it on during a rerun week, so I imagine the ratings will be decent enough just from that standpoint.

The networks have finally learned from the cable channels that if they air something new while others air reruns, people are willing to give them a shot. That's why I'm sending in a proposal for an off-season series "Watch My Fingernails Grow".

12-23-05, 08:24 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
Yep. It will probably find some weekly spot after this. Assuming at least one of the mid-season replacement shows bombs like most of them do.

We could have a companion show "Watch my Fingernails Break" People could log in and take bets on which fingernail I will break today and win prizes.

12-23-05, 10:43 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
Okay, I just finally for-real figured this show out. It's a slot machine bonus game. Seriously. Line up five of Howie's soul patches in a row, pick your case, and start knocking the other cases off the board. After X number of cases, a computerized Howie appears to make you an offer. Total time to play: two minutes if you go down to the last case, or up to six if you decide to stretch out the drama. No commercial breaks.

By the way, I'd like to get better odds on the thumbnail. You hardly ever break a thumbnail.

12-23-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
57. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
I must be special, both thumbnails are broken right now, in a mirror image of each other, even.

I hereby declare you: 'Blacksmith of the Underworld'--ZombieBaby

12-23-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
People could log in and take bets on which fingernail I will break today and win prizes.

Sigh. Have you learned nothing?

Folks will text message in to 12345 with the number of the finger on which the nail will break. One lucky viewer will be awarded $10,000 if they have chosen the correct fingernail.

Text messages cost $0.49 each, plus any additional charges imposed by your carrier. If you are unable to enter using your cell phone, you are too stupid to live.

goldie1000 1087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-23-05, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldie1000 Click to send private message to goldie1000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "Should I ?? give me a reason"

Well, I was thinking of watching this show for the first time tonight.
Besides the fact that my husband will enjoy the models, is there any point in me watching this ?
Judging by the comments, I'm not sure if it is worth it.
Will I be bored for sure ?
Should I go rent a movie right now ?

Can anyone give me one good solid reason, for wanting to watch this show tonight ?

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-05, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Should I ?? give me a reason"
1.You might gain a pound or two if you go to the kitchen during commercial breaks.
2. It'll give your fingernail polish a chance to dry.

12-23-05, 07:58 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Should I ?? give me a reason"
You can do housework while it is on and not miss anything.

2005 Holiday Sig Shop. I've been Nutzed!

To all that is holy, I am watching this drek AGAIN for the fifth night in a row....please help me!!!!!

12-23-05, 08:12 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
A lot of the sick enjoyment in this game goes away once someone manages to lose every amount over 75k very early.

Although dancing people over picking a briefcase with 1 dollar? Hilarious.

goldie1000 1087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-23-05, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldie1000 Click to send private message to goldie1000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
I am finding it hard to stay completely focused on this show.

Handcrafted by Tribephyl

12-23-05, 08:23 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
And they continue to try to create drama

12-23-05, 08:27 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
I'm waiting for someone to walk on an early case and have Howie make them go case, by case, until the unnecessary end.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-05 AT 08:36 PM (EST)

There's supposedly an application for the show on nbc.com. Which means more of this "exciting" show will be back. **sigh**

Also, they're supposedly gonna repeat the shows on CNBC next week sometime.

ETA: Of course this might be one of those "mass hysteria" things that Estee wrote about in the "TAR8 finale" review (the What if? conclusion) Maybe.it.never.happened.

12-23-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Deal -- or no deal?"
There was any doubt?

This show is like crack, I need a 12 step program. I can't stop watching ACK

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-05, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "Shark - - or no Shark??"
Can a show Jump the Shark in the first week? On tonight's show they has a woman (the blond piano teacher) whose husband could not attend. Not sure why. So instead about 1/3 of the way through they gave her a present from him (a good luck necklace) with a video message, and then about 2/3 of the way through the show he called on the banker's phone to wish her luck. I thought phone-a-friend was another show??

Also tonight I noticed that the banker is offering a bit less than the sum of the remaining $$ divided by the number of remaining cases. I suspect this is something they can control to save $$ or influence people to go longer in the game, which will "add suspense" (yawn) or at least drag things out which will add commercials.

They certainly seem to have the stereotypical hyperactive game show participants.

Sign me up in the CARP Coalition. Just don't make me watch again. Twice is three times too many.

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-05, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: WonderfuL!"
New Überwaste just when I was over the Martha finale.

Handmade by the incredibly talented Syren
Where do they find overacting whackazoid blondes?

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: WonderfuL!"
Where do they find overacting whackazoid blondes?

Does Knockers visit this forum?

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-05, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: WonderfuL!"
I see you. *evil eye*

*smooch*

12-26-05, 08:07 AM (EST)
76. "RE: WonderfuL!"
But you're not overacting.

Maybe you should be the host.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-05, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
78. "RE: WonderfuL!"
*looks around* I think you just called me a whackazoid. Well, ok then.

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-24-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: WonderfuL!"
honey, they're a dime a dozen in LA-LA Land. Best place to find 'em? Soccer fields on Saturday afternoons.

(Dear Puffy, of course, is at the extreme other end of the spectrum!)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-25-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: WonderfuL!"
The only way I could watch this was to record it so I could FF through all the commercials and boring parts. Which means I zoomed through most of the show. I need a faster moving game show to keep my interest. And I was one of those that was hoping for the greedy people to lose money. I really don't think this show would last on a regular basis. So this is what the rest of the world is enjoying?

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

12-25-05, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "Wonderfool!"
So this is what the rest of the world is enjoying?

That's what they say, but I guarantee it's just hype drummed up by NBC execs to get americans to watch.

Truthfully, the rest of the world is still rabid for "Baywatch".

Plus, I have it on good authority that there is no way in Hello that the rest of the world would sit through any show hosted by this guy...

Neither should we.

12-26-05, 07:58 AM (EST)
75. "Renewed."
Apparently NBC really liked whatever ratings numbers this thing managed to drag in, because they're planning on bringing it back by March. That should be just enough time to open three more cases.

12-26-05, 08:57 AM (EST)
77. "Three?"
Are they going to speed up the process?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •