The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
" THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Karma 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-06-05, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karma Click to send private message to Karma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
" THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!

Why would somebody, a host hit a contestant? As a #1 fan of Reality Television, I am outraged from what I have been reading from different sources and people about the Fear Factor fiasco between Joe Rogan & Jonathan Baker. The first thing that comes to mind is this: “Is Joe Rogan on steroids, is he?”

It is known knowledge that Rogan practices boxing and fighting and may even do “The Juice”, which may have led up to Rogan being a loose cannon hitting a contestant. No matter what you see on TV, Joe Rogan is a troubled man! He should have a psychological evaluation before he continues with Fear Factor!

Contestants should be safe no matter what reputation Jonathan Baker & Victoria Fuller have preceded them! The scary thing is that the couple did not feel safe! Maybe Jonathan Baker was just playing the game of Reality TV and Joe Rogan thinks in his mind that it is “his” show and he could not handle the truth…Does Joe Rogan have an ego so big that he had to resort to violence? Did Joe Rogan have it out against Jonathan & Victoria? He was not nice from start of the game. Sources said Joe Rogan was told about Jonathan & Victoria’s past. But he never really acknowledged them. He wasn’t going to cut them any slack. Maybe he was just trying to do “good TV” Why didn’t Joe Rogan play Fear Factor in a much more professional way?

It’s no secret amongst the industry that Rogan is a troubled man with a troubled past. His youth was spent in and out of jail and he had confrontations with the law, something never listed in his NBC bio. How could NBC not see that Rogan spells trouble? How can a national host of a nationally acclaimed TV reality show on a major network be allowed to HIT a contestant? Who can remember Monty Hall hitting any one on Let’s Make A Deal? It is a road rage type of attitude and it has bled over to the latest installment of Fear Factor premiering tonight on NBC.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 What are your sources? IceCat 12-06-05 1
   Good question, Icey Cygnus X1 12-09-05 11
 RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... Estee 12-06-05 2
   RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... Karma 12-06-05 3
       RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... Estee 12-07-05 4
           RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... DooWahDitty 12-07-05 5
               RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... Karma 12-08-05 6
                   RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... volsfan 12-08-05 7
                       RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... Karma 12-08-05 8
                           RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... volsfan 12-09-05 9
                               RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... Karma 12-09-05 10
                                   RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... volsfan 12-09-05 12
                                       RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... Cygnus X1 12-09-05 13
                                           RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... Karma 12-09-05 14
                                               RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... volsfan 12-09-05 15
                                                   RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... Karma 12-10-05 16
                                                       RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN... volsfan 12-10-05 17
                                                           Supporting Volsfan's LOGIC CattyChat 12-11-05 18
                                                               THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FEAR F... Karma 12-17-05 19
                                                                   RE: THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FE... volsfan 12-18-05 20
                                                                       RE: THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FE... Karma 12-19-05 21
                                                                           RE: THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FE... volsfan 12-19-05 22
                                                                               RE: THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FE... HistoryDetective 12-30-05 24
                                                                                   RE: THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FE... Estee 12-30-05 25
                                                                                   RE: THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FE... volsfan 01-03-06 26
 Just to be clear... dabo 12-19-05 23
   RE: Just to be clear... toddE 01-03-06 27
       RE: Just to be clear... Karma 01-11-06 28
 Update bump. Estee 02-11-06 29
   RE: Update bump. Snidget 02-11-06 30
       RE: Update bump. Estee 02-11-06 32
           RE: Update bump. Snidget 02-11-06 34
           RE: Update bump. volsfan 02-12-06 35
           RE: Update bump. SurvivorBlows 02-14-06 37
   RE: Update bump. Karma 02-11-06 31
       RE: Update bump. Estee 02-11-06 33
       RE: Update bump. volsfan 02-12-06 36
 And now the bad news. Estee 03-05-06 38
   RE: And now the bad news. CattyChat 03-05-06 39
       RE: And now the bad news. Deekeryu 03-14-06 40
           RE: And now the bad news. toddE 03-14-06 41
               RE: And now the bad news. Karma 03-18-06 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-06-05, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "What are your sources?"
Are you connected in some fashion to either Jonathan Baker or Victoria Fuller?

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Good question, Icey"
Judging from your prior postings, Karma, it would seem that you are somehow connected. You and "The Race" seem to be J/V's spin doctors publicists on here.

"Give me liberty . . . or a bran muffin!" --Colin Mochrie, "Whose Line"

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-05 AT 06:57 PM (EST)

I think the first thing we're going to need is some information on the fiasco/incident/well-earned comeuppance for Jonathanevent itself. It's kind of hard to judge what happened when we have no idea what happened.

Personally, until I see some details, I'm going to have to support Joe. To paraphrase, 'There must have been millions of people who'd wished they could do that. I'm just sad it didn't get to be me.'

(And 'known knowledge' that someone may be on steroids might also be called 'libel'. Tread carefully.)

Since I originally replied to the TAR version of this thread, I took a few minutes to check Google, news updates, and JB's own homepage to see if I could find out anything about what had happened -- if anything had. Three swings and three strikes. As such -- help?

ETA: One qualifier there: the JB/VF forum was down. Nothing on their news page, though.

12-06-05, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karma Click to send private message to Karma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
I think the first thing we're going to need is some information on the fiasco/incident

Pick up the National Enquirer.

No I do not know Jonathan or Victoria.

12-07-05, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
Okay. I read the article this morning. Having seen it, I'd like to say the following.

1. There are few news sources more unreliable than the National Enquirer.

2. One of those happy few is Jonathan 'It's Not Spin Control, It's A Rinse Cycle' Baker -- who, as Joe notes in the article, has a certain problem with perception of reality, or at least operating in the same one the rest of us occupy.

3. When Joe essentially says 'Watch the show and you'll see what really happened', I believe that Joe is in the right, innocent, or suffered from a really bad case of egregarious provocation.

4. In other words, all things being equal, I still wish it had been me.

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-07-05, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-19-05 AT 10:30 AM (EST)

"There are few news sources more unreliable than the National Enquirer."

I thought so too until I heard a guy on a talk show yesterday morning who's written a book about his time writing tabloid headlines. He stated that when he worked for the National Enquirer, they required the items to be truthful and verifiable. Other tabs did not require same (I think he said The Sun.) The guy's name is Tom D'Antoni. Here's a link:
http://www.randomhouse.com/rhpg/authors/results.pperl?authorid=68413

ETA: So I'm now more inclined to take the NE seriously - on a case by case basis - cuz like D'Antoni says, celebrities often don't hit back at the NE because the intel is often true. Not so with other rags. Just sayin'.

12-08-05, 02:04 AM (EST)
6. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"

I go with jr ego could not handle Jonathan Baker ........... I think any person who goes on a game show should be safe from the host haveing a bad and going off and punchimng some one becuse his ego got int he way. This is an NBC show. Maybe jb was playing the reality game and Joe could not handle it. Maybe jr is on the juice. In any case jb was hired to be on the show , why else would they bring team drama back on the air. NBC wanted the ratings. I personal think jr needs a reality check by the network.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-05, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
I personal think jr needs a reality check by the network

Maybe we all need a reality check until the show airs. Why make accusations about Joe being on steriods and him not being able to hold his temper? Do you know Joe personally? Have you ever met him? Why do you hate him so?

If he (Joe) hit someone, I am sure NBC would/will handle it in a professional manner (which is something I would hope we could all do). It really seems you want to personally attack Joe for no apparent reason. Do you have an ax to grind?

12-08-05, 11:01 PM (EST)
8. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
My old roommate works for FF and says that JR is quite possibly one of the worst men she's ever had that misfortune to meet. And unfortunately a lot of the male crew members are just as bad.

He's slimy, rude and very fond of hearing his own voice. If I were a female contestant on that show I wouldn't stand within a mile of him in a bikini.

As for Jonathan Baker, he should sue the bastard.

12-09-05, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
As for Jonathan Baker, he should sue the bastard.

So, are you basing this on the article in the National Enquirer or what your friend told you? If you are basing this on what your friend told you happened...sounds like that would be a biased opinion from someone that doesn't like Joe to begin with. I am not so sure the National Enquirer has much credibility on reporting fact either.

From what you have posted it sounds like you just don't like Rogan and want to see something bad happen to him.

I personally don't care for Rogan and his attitude but I am not going to judge him based on rumors of what someone said/reported. I don't know what happened but I am sure if it came to blows the cameras caught it and it will all be aired out...in court or in the media.

Funny how this hasn't been reported in a mass media outlet yet. These types of stories are what Entertainment Tonight live for!

I finally blogged

12-09-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
10. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"

My friend was on set when this happen and the NQ has most of it right. From what I understand they will not be showing this in full becuse NBC does not want to hurt its show. I will tell you why I am upset. Any person going on a network show should be safe. As for Rogan views toward woman well I was told he his bi sexual and that answered everything for me that I need to know.

12-09-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
12. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
As for Rogan views toward woman well I was told he his bi sexual and that answered everything for me that I need to know.

It has to do with his sexual orientation? Every male in Hollywood has been rumored to be gay/bi or at least not straight somewhere in their career. Basically you are judging someone for who they may or may not sleep with and on something that isn't any business of anyone except the person he wants to sleep with!

It's things like this that really upsets me to no end. Just so you know, I am gay. What does that tell you about me? Please feel free to go ahead and judge me as you are judging Joe.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
*stands next to Vols, taps foot*

12-09-05, 10:48 PM (EST)
14. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"

I don't care if your gay or not. I bet your not rude and angry to most of the people you work with. Joe Rogain is on the other hand rude and has now crossed the line by punching a player on the game. I know you want to give him the befit but I can not because of his past actiona nd know the out rage on the set with Jonathan Baker and Victoria Fuller has just sickens me. He should be setting a good example. The network should not allow a man like that on the air.

12-09-05, 10:55 PM (EST)
15. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
As for Rogan views toward woman well I was told he his bi sexual and that answered everything for me that I need to know.

It still comes back to this...admit it.

12-10-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
16. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"

It all comes back to respect. Respect the player, respect the cast , respect what you are doing in life. Joe thinks he is above the law and the people around him.

12-10-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
17. "RE: THE ONLY FEAR TO FEAR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
If it is all about respect then you might want to respect Joe as a human being. You as much have already stated you don't respect Joe because it is RUMORED that he is bi-sexual. Give the man the benefit of the doubt every once in a while instead of continually piling on him.

The truth as to what happened (if anything) during the filming of Fear Factor will eventually come out. Keep in mind, innocent until proven guilty.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-11-05, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Supporting Volsfan's LOGIC"
I'm with you 100% Vols. I have no idea what this is all about, but Jonathan is an arse & if Joe really did punch him, I'm sure it was well deserved.

I, too, get disgusted when people are quick to judge people they don't know claiming all sorts of baseless rumors. IMO anyone who reads any of those gossips rags has too much time on their hands & if they actually believe what's written in them, they are delusional.

I will await to judge what may have happened between Joe & Jonathan when I hear something from a reputable news source & then I will make a decision for myself as to what I'll believe.

If it really did happen, who cares? Doesn't affect me one way or another. Neither Joe nor Jonathan affect any aspect of my life. I do find it reprehensible, though, when small-minded people judge anyone on their sexuality or any other aspect of their being (race, religion, etc).

Kind Creation of ARNutz

12-17-05, 10:16 PM (EST)
19. "THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FEAR FACTOR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-05 AT 10:17 PM (EST)

I think Joe Rogan is an ##### plain and simple. I do not think Baker would ever hit Rogan just because he is half his size. If anything Baker was brought on for the drama and it went to far. I think from what I understand any person who goes on a network show should be safe from the host. In this case it seem like the host is a losse cannon. What will Joe Rogan do next if he is allowed to get awy with this. I mean Rogan say in his owen words he put his hands on Baker. It never said anything about Baker putting his his on Rogan. I will be interested to see it with my own two eyes.

SLUGGING OF CONTESTANT BY ROGAN STORY!
HERE IS NEW POST FOR THIS BLOG. It was found and lifted from a post found on a mixed board called www.mma.tv/TUF "Looks like this story is in the latest Enquirer since the thread was "Haha Rogan in Enquirer". Joe is a regular poster on his JOE ROGAN site. Joe replied a couple of times. Joe Rogan said that it seems Baker's wife is alledged to have punched one of the other contestants; Supposedly, Joe Rogan warned her about it; then Jonathan supposedly got in Rogan's face and there was a scuffle. Here, in Joe's own post supposedly is what happened: "It's a crock of #####." says Joe Rogan, "I never hit that dude. He got in my face, and I pushed him away. His wife punched one of the contestants. I told her that she can't assault other contestants, and that just because her and her husband hit each other it doesn't mean that she can hit other people. He got in my face for saying that, and I pushed him away. A mild scuffle ensued where I grabbed the back of his head, and held onto it pulling him down while a bunch of people jumped in to separate us. That's basically all that happened."

12-18-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
20. "RE: THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FEAR FACTOR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
Sounds to me like someone is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

You are still holding that grudge because it is rumored that Joe is bisexual...right?

12-19-05, 01:21 AM (EST)
21. "RE: THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FEAR FACTOR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"

NO

12-19-05, 08:15 AM (EST)
22. "RE: THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FEAR FACTOR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
Nice answer...very well thought out!

You might want to check out some of the other forums as it appears Jonathon is actually posting on this site. Do you have any questions for him?

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-05, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FEAR FACTOR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
Well, Doc, it seems that you took over my job on this one.
I think you called it exactly right. Things that just slip out with so little thought usually point to the true intentions of the speaker/author.

Sigs by Tribephyl and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.
journal
"We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all our citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred, is a wedge designed to attack our civilization." --- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 9 January 1940

12-30-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
25. "RE: THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FEAR FACTOR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
Kind of makes you wonder what some of the reactions were to Fear Factor's first gay couple contestants on Tuesdays' show. (There's been gay contestants before, but this was the first dating pair.) I guess the real reason they didn't win the whole show was the will of God and the power of mass prayer. Which means the reason they won the trip to Las Vegas and $20,000 to gamble with was -- um... well... I'm sure there's a reason. Maybe they're supposed to serve as an example of the rampant spread of sin or somethin'. Or the whole city could turn to salt next month.

(Dating Broadway dancers. The captain turned on the 'stereotype overload' sign, but it blew up.)

01-03-06, 08:57 AM (EST)
26. "RE: THE ONLY THING TO FEAR ABOUT FEAR FACTOR IS ROGAN HIMSELF!"
After reading this thread again, I see I let some things go that should have been addressed. HD, you would not have done that but I think my point was made.

I finally blogged

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-05, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Just to be clear..."
This is the same Joe Rogan who used to date Jerri Manthey and you're surprised he has issues?

ARRRRRRR!!!!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-03-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Just to be clear..."
Maybe this was Karma's typo, but it is hilarious, and from now on, he's Joe Rogaine to me! Hee-larious!

Joe used to date Jerri, you say? Well, she is a reality 'ho!

I don't think Joe is bi, since he was trying and trying to provoke the biker guys to demonstrate some 'phobic behavior toward the not-so-ambiguously-gay duo. Yet they were cool with the boys (unlike Rogaine).

I could swear I saw Jonathan on FF already. Maybe I am confusing it with another of his many appearances. I guess so. Who else will be on this season's Reality FF?

01-11-06, 04:00 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Just to be clear..."
Not a typo. Joe Rogain needs to change out his brain and his hair plugs in order to keep his ego in check. He acts like a super star because he can tell a good joke but really is just a game show host who got lucky. He treats woman like ##### over and over. Wait and see one day someone will file a suit on him for harassment. Good luck little #####.

Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain Joe Rogain

02-11-06, 03:23 PM (EST)
29. "Update bump."
A few reasons.

1. We've got an airdate: March 7th.

2. Bluehair has a few pictures up on his site, which, just to present equal time here, is at http://www.jonathanbakerandvictoriafuller.com/ . He'll be making a full statement on March 3rd. I can smell the smoke rising from my calendar.

3. Fear Factor itself has a preview video up at http://www.nbc.com/Fear_Factor/

I'm trying to load the video now -- if MediaPlayer is involved, I'm probably out. The one photo on Bluehair's site that could be viewed as remotely incriminating might also be Joe doing an impression of the man he's trying to talk to.

*sigh* No, the video will not load in Firefox, and the base page doesn't even show up in IE. Can anyone get it?

(I have to give Karma credit for hir insight into Bluehair's psyche -- they used almost the exact same phrasing for their titles!)

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Update bump."
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-06 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

For some odd reason it will load from AOL???

Victoria hits Johnny Fairplay. Apparently he was yelling carp at them.

Rogan and Johnathan have a "Hey Hey Hey" and a "no Hey hey hey, you can hit each other, but don't hit other contestants" shouting match

They don't really show who started it between Jonathan and Rogan, but they are wrestling with each other. Looks like "the Miz" breaks them up.

ETA:There was also a comment about how he yells at Victoria all the time, but then when she is reprimanded for hitting Fairplay he sticks up for her commentary.

02-11-06, 04:19 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Update bump."
No. I'm sorry, but you've gone too far. The last of your credibility was just totally shot. AOL can do something?

So without the full video, the chain of events sounds like 'Dalton is a jerk, Victoria responds as everyone would like to respond to Dalton, Joe intervenes 'cause it's against show rules, lots of yelling results, someone shoves someone, wrestling ensues.' But in order to get the who-got-who debate out of the way, we need all of the footage.

And this is where you could almost pre-emptively fault Fear Factor. Since when has a reality show ever given the viewers all of the footage?

Still -- innocent until proven guilty, and provocation plays a part. We'll have to wait for the airdate.

This is starting to look like a better summary target all the time.

(Miz as peacemaker? Vols just fainted.)

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-06, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Update bump."
No. I'm sorry, but you've gone too far. The last of your credibility was just totally shot. AOL can do something?

I? am as shocked as anyone.

What I wanna know is who the heck let that happen??

It upset my naive thoughts that there is some sanity or order in the universe

02-12-06, 09:00 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Update bump."
(Miz as peacemaker? Vols just fainted.)

Yes, yes I did! Miz is not one of my favs from the MTV carpy shows but he is usually the one stirring the sh!t.

Something tells me we won't have all the answers even after the show airs.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-06, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Update bump."
>This is starting to look like a better summary target all
>the time.

Am I sensing another special Reality Stars Fear Factor summary from Estee?

...don't worry about killing this show, it's already dead -- it's only averaging 6.5 million viewers a week in nine broadcasts.

Seriously, having viewed even the limited footage shown in the NBC.com preview, its pretty clear that only someone with the biggest bias and grudge against Rogan could be attempting to spin this encounter as a situation in which ROGAN was the primary offender. Looking at it objectively, he's probably fourth on the list.

02-11-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Update bump."

I got the title from the heading on the Enquirer story. I am glad to see NBC ousted the story. I still think Joe was out of line.

Watching the clip, it has occurred to me to wonder if the guy might in fact be the cleverest, most confrontational performance artist since Andy Kaufman.

02-11-06, 04:21 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Update bump."
'since Andy Kaufman' seems to be going a little far. How about 'since Ryan Stiles'?

I didn't remember the headline on the Enquirer story -- my bad.

02-12-06, 09:04 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Update bump."
I still think Joe was out of line.

Of course you do because you still hold this over his head:

And in your own words...

It all comes back to respect. Respect the player, respect the cast , respect what you are doing in life.

03-05-06, 01:44 PM (EST)
38. "And now the bad news."
We won't see (the edited version of) what happened until summer: NBC just pulled Fear Factor from the schedule, and it's not coming back until A/C time.

On the positive side, that gives all parties involved that much more time to work on their alibis.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-05-06, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: And now the bad news."
Bummer. That was the only reason I had to tune into Fear Factor this year, to see what NBC allows us to see what really happened.

Oh well.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-14-06, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: And now the bad news."
Yeah, that's too bad. I was looking forward to it last week. Tomorrow would have been the second part of the 3 parter according to Futon Critic.

My thoughts on the whole thing.

Though yeah Victoria shouldn't have punched JFP, I'm kind of glad she did since he actually took a dump on somone (Trish) on Kill Reality, so it really doesn't surprise me if what he does or says crosses the line again. I wonder what Joe Rogan had to do with it too.

But Jonathan just went into stand up for Victoria. I've read that Joe Rogan admits himself that he hits Jonathan first, and then we see The Miz trying to seperate Joe from tugging back and forth on Jonathan's head, but he doesn't let go. I mean what kind of crazy host does that? Either way, Jonathan's not wrong in this. I hope Joe apologized for what he did, and at worst, he gets fired or something.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-14-06, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: And now the bad news."
"Kill Reality" really lived up to its name... I learned that Jenna Lewis, Katie from RR/RW and Fairplay are much more f**ked up in the head than I ever realized. That project lowered my opinion of pretty much everyone involved. I'd say only Ethan, Jenna Morasca and Reichen escaped with any shred of dignity.

But I really came here to post about Rogan because I was watching TV over the weekend and saw this piece about him getting into a feud with some 20-year-old who said "I hate you Joe Rogan" on Rogan's MySpace. (Yes, it is hilarious that Rogan has a MySpace account).

Rogan went on and on about how he is so rich and he is a famous "actor" and could steal this geek's woman without ever trying, etc. I was like "why you want to embarrass yourself like that, Joe Rogan?"

03-18-06, 03:09 AM (EST)
42. "RE: And now the bad news."

I rest my case Joe Rogan and his ego are just out of control. Someone please shot this guy. Too bad Jonathan was not a bigger guy he could have done it for us and saved us the trouble.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •