The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-26-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
As if we didn't learn anything from the 2000 and 2004 Presidential Elections. No matter what happens you can gurantee that a redneck/country person will almost always beat a liberal/rock n roller. It's sad, I know. But it's just how this crazy world operates. And because of it I'm officially never watching this show again until next season. That's just how mad I am.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... tamarama 05-26-05 1
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Bebo 05-26-05 2
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... true 05-26-05 3
   RE: country music genra thankyoudrivethru 05-31-05 77
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... bostonrobfan 05-26-05 4
   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... tamarama 05-26-05 5
       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... bostonrobfan 05-26-05 7
           RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... LibraRising 05-26-05 10
               RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... anotherkim 05-26-05 43
                   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... LibraRising 05-27-05 49
           RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... frankz 05-26-05 27
               RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... bostonrobfan 05-26-05 33
                   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... frankz 05-26-05 40
                       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... bostonrobfan 05-26-05 42
                           RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... frankz 05-27-05 47
                       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... tamarama 05-27-05 48
                           RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... frankz 05-27-05 51
                               Come on up!! The weather's fine... tamarama 05-27-05 54
       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Bobbie504 05-30-05 68
           Leave posters alone Bebo 05-30-05 69
                   Actually... Bebo 06-05-05 88
   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Bobbie504 05-30-05 67
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Captain_Savem 05-26-05 6
   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... bostonrobfan 05-26-05 8
       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Bravegirl 05-26-05 9
           RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Captain_Savem 05-26-05 12
               RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... ginger 05-26-05 15
                   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... tamarama 05-26-05 37
       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Captain_Savem 05-26-05 13
   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Lisapooh 05-26-05 11
       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Captain_Savem 05-26-05 14
           RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... ginger 05-26-05 16
               RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Captain_Savem 05-26-05 17
                   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... nailbone 05-26-05 19
                       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Captain_Savem 05-26-05 22
                           RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... nailbone 05-26-05 25
                               RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Tahj 05-26-05 28
                                   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... frankz 05-26-05 31
                               RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Phonestayedbusy 05-28-05 64
                       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Phonestayedbusy 05-28-05 61
               RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... LakerLuv 05-26-05 18
                   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Captain_Savem 05-26-05 39
                   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... volsfan 05-28-05 60
                       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Phonestayedbusy 05-28-05 63
                   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Phonestayedbusy 05-28-05 62
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... CattyChat 05-26-05 20
   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Phonestayedbusy 05-28-05 59
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Tahj 05-26-05 21
   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... nailbone 05-26-05 23
       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Tahj 05-26-05 26
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... bigjoe 05-26-05 24
   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Phonestayedbusy 05-28-05 65
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... thankyoudrivethru 05-26-05 29
   WARNING Bebo 05-26-05 34
       RE: WARNING bacon 05-27-05 46
           *WHACK* Bebo 05-27-05 50
               RE: *WHACK* frankz 05-27-05 53
           sorry bacon sweetie... thankyoudrivethru 05-31-05 79
       RE: WARNING thankyoudrivethru 05-31-05 76
       RE: WARNING Bobbie504 06-05-05 87
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Melody 05-26-05 30
   RE: yes, lets go after the tweens thankyoudrivethru 05-31-05 78
 But, I thought they were both "redn... Harrison 05-26-05 32
   RE: But, I thought they were both "... Bebo 05-26-05 35
       RE: But, I thought they were both "... LibraRising 05-26-05 36
           Mario? tamarama 05-26-05 38
           RE: But, I thought they were both "... Bebo 05-26-05 41
   RE: But, I thought they were both "... Phonestayedbusy 05-28-05 58
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... anotherkim 05-26-05 44
   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... rnabring 05-27-05 45
       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... LakerLuv 05-27-05 52
       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... anotherkim 05-30-05 71
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Jenna_F 05-27-05 55
   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... TeamJoisey 05-29-05 66
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... DontGetMeStarted 05-27-05 56
 RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Phonestayedbusy 05-28-05 57
   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... universityofkentuckyrocks 05-30-05 70
       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... frankz 05-30-05 72
           OOOOOOOOOOklahoma Snidget 05-31-05 73
       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Bebo 05-31-05 74
       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... LibraRising 05-31-05 75
           RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... thankyoudrivethru 05-31-05 80
               RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Krazykat 06-01-05 81
                   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... frankz 06-01-05 82
                   RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... Tahj 06-02-05 83
                       RE: Never underestimate the Redneck... universityofkentuckyrocks 06-03-05 84

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-26-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
<<And because of it I'm officially never watching this show again until next season. That's just how mad I am.>>

made me smile. thank you.

You're right, of course. It was a foregone conclusion.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Guess I need to get a "Rednecks for Bo" bumper sticker then.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Come on, bacon. I usually agree with your rants, but Bo isn't exactly the anti-redneck. He's from the south (Alabama), and he's a southern rocker, not a blue state rock n roller.

Country or not, I can't argue that Carrie doesn't have a broader appeal than Bo. Bo's image of a southern rocker is much more narrow than Carrie's image of a country/pop princess.

thankyoudrivethru 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-31-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thankyoudrivethru Click to send private message to thankyoudrivethru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
77. "RE: country music genra"
okay, from the south and have never been a big country music fan, but you got to love a genra that comes up with lyrics like
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy"

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-26-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Newsflash: They don't get much more redneck than the state of Alabama. I lived in Huntsville for 3 yrs. where there were only two types of people- rednecks and rocket scientists.

05-26-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
<<They don't get much more redneck than the state of Alabama.>>

Yeah, but I think what he's referring to is the bible-belt appeal of the cute, young blonde girl vs. the long-haired guy with the past drug arrest.

05-26-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 01:27 PM (EST)

Alabama sticks by their own. You seriously think rednecks don't listen to Skynyrd? Sweet Home Alabama ring a bell?

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Does this mean Bo is a member of the Klan?

*runs away*

My Survivor cross-thread reference of the day. That means I'm kidding.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Aaaaaaaaaaaargggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

05-27-05, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
The next time someone tells you that, tell them this. There's actually a significant Klan presence in parts of New Jersey. I just found that out yesterday.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-26-05, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 04:03 PM (EST)

You do realize, don’t you, that Lynyrd Skynyrd is originally from Florida? Rock on Bo,

05-26-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Jacksonville, FL. They all went to high school together and got their name from their gym teacher- Leonard Skynrd. Maybe people who have never lived in AL just don't understand how that song is the unofficial state song.

05-26-05, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Not to pick hairs (pun intended - but I must, I am an historian after all and hair is where this all came about) actually it was Leonard Skinner. And you are right, “Sweet Home” is not just an Alabama anthem but a southern statement overall. I have lived in the south (Texas) since ’75 but my only time in Alabama was driving thru last November to see my daughter graduate from Marine Corps boot camp at Parris Island, SC (and yes, I did pick up a few Harley t-shirts while in AL, my other passion, not just the shirts, been riding for over 30 years). You might find this interesting (sorry to those who don’t- skip the rest). Btw my wife is a direct descendant of R.E. Lee’s brother. So I can claim some southern heritage, even though I’m a German.
http://www.skynyrd.com/less2.html

05-26-05, 10:47 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 10:50 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 10:47 PM (EST)

Yeah, I knew I got the last name wrong. But, like I said, I lived in AL for 3 yrs. Huntsville, where Bo had his legal problems.

I think people tend to confuse rednecks with the KKK or Southern Baptists or whoever. Lots of Southern rockers have long hair. Doesn't mean rednecks won't listen to their music. Hank Jr. didn't exactly have a crew cut.

And rednecks have been known to spark one up now and then.

That's neat that your wife is related to R.E. Lee.

05-27-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Direct descendant of RE Lee’s father, Henry “Lighthorse” Lee, one of Washington’s most prominent generals in the Revolutionary War. So she can claim membership in not only the Daughter’s of the Confederacy but Daughter’s of the Revolution as well. But she doesn’t. Not that she isn’t proud of that, but she’s pretty low-key about it. I didn’t know until after we got married and found the family tree papers. Being a military historian I was excited but her attitude was pretty much “Yeah, whatever”.
It was interesting though to go thru Alabama and Mississippi and pick up H-D t-shirts all of which prominently included pictures of RE Lee, her kin.
Sorry you had to spend time in Huntsville. I live near Austin Tx, not exactly the hotbed of Southern conservative values but I can imagine what it was like. Have met a redneck or 2 out here in the country.
And yeah, rednecks do not all fit into a box. Spark on.

05-27-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
<<and yes, I did pick up a few Harley t-shirts while in AL>>

Just curious, what's the significance of Harley shirts from AL?

As a Milwaukeean, I kinda thought Harley shirts from here were more the Holy Grail.

(and no, I did not have fun at the 100 year celebration last summer. I was deaf.)

05-27-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Nothing particularly significant about H-D t-shirts from Alabama, just that that was my only experience being in AL was to drive through on my way to my daughter’s graduation in SC. We stopped at every Harley shop on the way, in several states (hey TX to SC is a long stretch). Just adding to my collection, which now consists of 70+ shirts. I have been to the York factory and got a few shirts there too but have not been to Milwaukee yet. The weather up there is a significant factor but I’m still planning it, some day.
My goal is to get shirts from the 4 most extreme points of Harley country in the US. I have Chula Vista CA so far (SW) still need to go to Caribou Maine (NE), Bellingham Washington (NW) and Perrine Florida (SE)
Plus the fact that almost every H-D design in AL and Miss included my wife’s kin, RE Lee on it. It was pretty cool.

05-27-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
54. "Come on up!! The weather's fine..."
...if a little unpredictable.

We manage to have about 8-10 weeks of summer, and fall is awesome, but you will need to dress a little warmer. (today is a PERFECT day in my book, but it's only 53F, so it's a little chilly for a bike).

July & Aug typically get hot...and so humid it's like walking around with your face in someone's armpit.

But really, we're not the uber-north -- and we really do drink lots of beer.

Bobbie504 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-30-05, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobbie504 Click to send private message to Bobbie504 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
You just had to get the drug arrest point in didn't you???
What the hell does it matter anymore. He came in second place, he is now famous and what are you doing??? I am sorry but I get so mad when all these so called God faring righteous people have to being up someone elses past. It is over. So now will you get over it???
Jeeeze!

Old saying but - "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"!
Bobbie

05-30-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "Leave posters alone"
Don't tell other posters to "get over it". On these forums, the contestants are fair game, and just because you don't want to discuss a topic anymore doesn't give you the right to tell other posters not to.

06-05-05, 06:57 PM (EST)
88. "Actually..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-05 AT 07:07 PM (EST)

Edited. Posts have been removed for violation of the guidelines on bashing other posters and showing disrespect to a forum moderator.

05-30-05, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobbie504 Click to send private message to Bobbie504 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Now that's funny. But hey, did you see Carri's town when they showed their visits back? She was only allowed to sing The Star Spangled Banner and there looked like there was maybe 1,000 people in her town. Redneck???? You betcha!!!!

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-26-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
You're right, sorta. Redneck's are predictable, and their votes are always concentrated. Liberals, on the other hand, are not of one mind like redneck's are(generally speaking of course). It wasn't the redneck vote that won it for Carrie. It was the liberal R&B/Soul vote that brought it home for her.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved
"Power concedes to nothing.....without a demand. But power won't
even concede to a demand, when that demand comes from a weak
constituency that lacks testicular fortitude." ~ Minister Louis Farrakhan

05-26-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
>You're right, sorta. Redneck's are
>predictable, and their votes are
>always concentrated. Liberals, on the
>other hand, are not of
>one mind like redneck's are(generally
>speaking of course). It wasn't
>the redneck vote that won
>it for Carrie. It was
>the liberal R&B/Soul vote that
>brought it home for her.

Liberals are very predictable- they are always of one mind and think Rednecks are predictable and of one mind.

Come on! Let's not turn AI into a red/blue thing! It's really not that big a jump from Souther Rock to country music.

Bravegirl 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
" It wasn't the redneck vote that won it for Carrie. It was the liberal R&B/Soul vote that brought it home for her"

How did R&B/Soul factor in??? Did I miss something????

05-26-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Because those were Vonzie's votes. Bo's base was set, and Carrie's base was set. The difference then becomes the person Vonzie's fans vote for.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 03:08 PM (EST)

Which surprised me. Because I would have thought the "liberal soul" vote, if there was indeed such a cohesive animal, would have gone to Bo for his Earth Wind & Fire tributes.

Not that Carrie didn't simply ooze soul...

05-26-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
<<Not that Carrie didn't simply ooze soul...>>

is THAT what happened to it?

05-26-05, 03:00 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
I'm not arguing that there's a "big jump" from Southern Rock to Country Music. What I'm saying is, those votes didn't sway back and forth between Carrie and Bo. If Carrie had the "Redneck" vote, it didn't leave her. If anyone's base moved (and I don't think it did) it would've been Bo's.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
I am a liberal redneck and I didn't give a shit who won.

05-26-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
"Redneck" is a state of mind. You are a rare breed then.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Of COURSE she is...she is Princess Poho!

You really didn't care for Bo much, did you, Cappy?

05-26-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Uhhh, no. I don't see what the big deal is with this guy. If he was "all that", he would've "been that" before now. If you're good, they will find you. Personally, I don't think he'll have very much appeal outside of the show. Sure, he'll sell some records, but it won't be anything spectacular.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 03:33 PM (EST)

If you're good, they will find you.

Yeah, like they found Britney, Jessica, Ashlee, Lindsay, Hillary, etc. etc. etc.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

05-26-05, 03:34 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Don't mistake my meaning Boner. Yeah, some people get fame and fortune that don't deserve it, and I would argue that out of the people you named the only one that truly sucks is Ashlee (and maybe Brittney). What I'm saying is if you have the talent and desire, they'll find you. Now, either Bo lacks the talent or he lacks the desire, I'm guessing it's the talent.

05-26-05, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
And having listened to his CD, I'm thinking it's the desire, and maybe the confidence, to branch out too far from Helena.It seemed like, at least at first, doing Idol was a lark for Bo, but that the further in he got, the more he found out what folks thought about him and his talent.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-26-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
I agree that it's desire. Lots and lots and lots of people have talent but without the desire and drive they don't get anywhere. It's a tough, competitive business and you have to hang in there to really make it. I've read over and over about successful musicians and artists who were rejected over and over before they finally got a break.

Moves courtesy of Syren

05-26-05, 04:47 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
It’s just like sales, most accounts take 7-8 tries to make the sale. Most salespeople give up after 3. Desire. You’re right.

Phonestayedbusy 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-28-05, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Phonestayedbusy Click to send private message to Phonestayedbusy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Bo has already cut a CD? I didn't know that. I guess this means little sweet Carrie, went up against an already been there, know the busines, and still lost. That has to tell us something then. I wasn't able to get through, but I was going to vote for Bo.

05-28-05, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Phonestayedbusy Click to send private message to Phonestayedbusy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Some were Mousecateers, weren't they? So they were on TV first. Working it like the Idols. Then Brittany and Jessica were really discovered.

LakerLuv 151 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LakerLuv Click to send private message to LakerLuv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
That's a big leap to make to assume Bo's style is "liberal" and therefore represents "liberal" thinking.

I am a Vonzell fan and I shifted all my votes to Bo. Bo had waaaay more passion and talent than Carrie. Carried bored me to tears almost everytime she opened her mouth. She is a cute girl and probably sweet as pie, but I can't imagine sitting through a whole concert, let alone a CD, of hers. I'm very disappointed in this year's American Idol.

05-26-05, 05:52 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
That's a big leap to make to assume Bo's style is "liberal" and therefore represents "liberal" thinking.

I wasn't saying that Bo's style was "liberal" but now that you mention it, he's not exactly the poster child for conservatism. All I'm saying is, based on Bacon's initial argrument, if Redneck's flock to Carrie, and Libs flock to Bo, then Carrie's base will be stronger than Bo's because Libs are more prone to change their minds than Rednecks.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved
"Power concedes to nothing.....without a demand. But power won't
even concede to a demand, when that demand comes from a weak
constituency that lacks testicular fortitude." ~ Minister Louis Farrakhan

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-05, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Bo had waaaay more passion and talent than Carrie

I don't know exactly how you defind talent but Carrie had the strongest vocals throughout this season than any other contestant. However, she did struggle at the finale and so did Bo.

05-28-05, 11:12 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Bo also has had lots more experience and knowlege to stag presents. Which makes young somewhat experience Carrie even better. She'll probably be another LeeAnn Ryms. No, maybe not.LOL I think Voncile had the better vocals cords of all. She just couldn't pull us into her. Like Bo and Carrie.

05-28-05, 11:01 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
We could of had another Idol like year before last. Thank god they picked the right one this year.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-26-05, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Sorry, but the "redneck" votes were the explanation for Scott lasting so far -- Bo & Carrie are way out of their social status.

Rednecks i.e. trailer trash = wife-beater "wigger" idol. Thankfully, rednecks are a minority and Scott was finally out!!

05-28-05, 02:40 AM (EST)
59. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
All, and I quote "All" racies have their: trailer trash, wife beaters, and "wigger" idols. The southern rednecks just have more talent and looks going for them I guess, after read about rednecks in this forum.

05-26-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
All of the winners are from the south.

Moves courtesy of Syren

05-26-05, 03:39 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Of the final two from each season, only Justin WASN'T from the South.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

05-26-05, 03:51 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
The South is rising again.

Moves courtesy of Syren

bigjoe 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bigjoe Click to send private message to bigjoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Hey, dude! I live in Alabama. I'm not a redneck! Go Bo! This was simply a beauty contest! Carrie's singing couldn't hold a candle to Bo! She was off key everytime!

05-28-05, 11:39 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Yes, Carrie was off key once in awhile. She is younger and has less experience than Bo. Nerves might have slipped her up also. Bo has been there, done that. AMI was just bigger for him. He had a veiw vocal screw ups. Every once in a while Carrie's voice pull on my chill bumps. It felt good. I loved them both. I had a check for Bo and a check for Carrie on the three round competion. On the last song for them I could not make a choice, they were both good. But I was going to vote for BO if I could of gotten through on the phone to vote. I felt he has already worked hard to make it big. Their both going to have a good ride for a while. I'm happy for both of them.

05-26-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thankyoudrivethru Click to send private message to thankyoudrivethru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

you have single handedly made me join this forum. its people like you that have simple minds about people from the south that hurts our great country. i stayed up until 1:00 am voting for bo, voted for him every week and i live in texas and voted for our great president George W Bush. (I even campaingend for him)...may not want to generalize everybody in one little box. there is so much more i want to say but will probably get reprimanded, besides...i have better manners. grow up!

05-26-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
34. "WARNING"
Bashing other posters is not permitted on these forums. Please read our community guidelines.

You may also want to learn the meaning of satire, since a number of our posters engage in that here.

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: WARNING"
Don't worry Bebo. He wouldn't understand what satire is, being from the south and all.

05-27-05, 12:00 PM (EST)
50. "*WHACK*"
You silly piece of pork, don't you remember where the snarkiest moderator of all comes from? Don't make me introduce you to that fine southern tradition called a pig pickin'.

05-27-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
53. "RE: *WHACK*"
Ok, I'll bite. Where are you from?

05-31-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
79. "sorry bacon sweetie..."
but i'm a chick. sorry for the bashing, truly... please forgive?

05-31-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
76. "RE: WARNING"
sorry bebo, does having low blood sugar count as an excuse for being bad? will need to catch up on sarcasim versus bashing. i really didn't mean to bash, but babysitting 3 nieces and working 9 hours a day (thank goodness my kids are helping) and giving a goodbye party have taken my sarcastic gene on hold. will work on it! Thanks!!

06-05-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
87. "RE: WARNING"
WHAT ABOUT THE QUOTE AT THE END OF THIS?????? "DON'T TELL ME TO SHUT UP"?

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."

Melody 18 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Melody Click to send private message to Melody Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Redneck is a term that grew out of the southern 'antebellum' culture who's values has been adopted by various groups of people ---- many of them liberal democrats!!!!! (see Thomas Sowell's newest book ---- he rocks!) It has very little to do with the republican party.

To say, in a disparaging tone, that rednecks are republican (and therefore would vote for Carrie rather than a liberal/rock n roller) is like saying, in a disparaging tone, that democrats are relativists or anti-religious (therefore they would scorn Carrie because she is a 'good girl' which is anathema).

My guess is that politics had very little to do with this win. My guess is that Bo's past had very little to do with this win.

------------------------- Let's roll tape on the tweenies!!!!------------------------- (to them Bo would seem old)

05-31-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
78. "RE: yes, lets go after the tweens"
would love to be a fly on the wall when text messaging bill comes in!

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "But, I thought they were both "rednecks"."
So, yeah, I guess it's safe to say "the redneck won".
Although, of the two, I guess I'd say the bearded guy from Bama would probably have the redneck meter tip in his favor...so I guess the Pinkneck actually beat the Redneck here.
And I'm not sure where your getting your information about any of their political persuasions. Certainly not from any of them (I think you might be bringing a bit of the old personal baggage into this one, no?)

And last time, the winner was Fantasia and the time before that it was Ruben (not really registering on that RN meter) , which calls to question your entire theory here.

KnowwhutImean?

05-26-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
35. "RE: But, I thought they were both "rednecks"."
Actually, Fantasia's from NC, and we stick with our own 'round these parts.

05-26-05, 05:09 PM (EST)
36. "RE: But, I thought they were both "rednecks"."
Ruben? Also from Alabama, right? Clay? One of the Carolinas -- I don't remember which.

But -- If Mario had stayed in the competition, how long would he have lasted?

05-26-05, 05:43 PM (EST)
38. "Mario?"
Eh, not that long. He would have gone in one of the "R&B tenor" slots. There were 3 of them...pick one.

05-26-05, 08:12 PM (EST)
41. "RE: But, I thought they were both "rednecks"."
Clay is from Raleigh, North Carolina. Fantasia was from High Point, NC, about an hour and a half west on I-40.

05-28-05, 02:26 AM (EST)
58. "RE: But, I thought they were both "rednecks"."
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-05 AT 02:29 AM (EST)

I know what you mean. I agree!

05-26-05, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Hey, Bacon, I think your couch is on fire.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--that doublewide's gonna go up in a blaze of glory one of these days, hon.

rnabring 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-27-05, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rnabring Click to send private message to rnabring Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
I wouldn't try to make some sort of argument about political views and who people voted for on AI.

I, for one, am not a southerner (Ohio here)...and I'm a VERY liberal democrat, and I liked Carrie from her "stars" comment on. Plus, my brother and sister-in-law (also Ohio) are liberal democrats and liked Bo from the beginning (when he was Harold).

I'm not saying that the three of us are a good sample...BUT...it just seems trite to make some sort of correlation between the two.

LakerLuv 151 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LakerLuv Click to send private message to LakerLuv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
>I wouldn't try to make some
>sort of argument about political
>views and who people voted
>for on AI.
>
>I, for one, am not a
>southerner (Ohio here)...and I'm a
>VERY liberal democrat, and I
>liked Carrie from her "stars"
>comment on. Plus, my brother
>and sister-in-law (also Ohio) are
>liberal democrats and liked Bo
>from the beginning (when he
>was Harold).
>
>I'm not saying that the three
>of us are a good
>sample...BUT...it just seems trite to
>make some sort of correlation
>between the two.

I agree with you. When it comes to music, politics has no place in a person's taste. You can't stereotype something that moves you from your soul. A lot of people would be surprised to know who's conservative and who's liberal in the world of music.

05-30-05, 10:20 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Trite is an excellent word to use to describe our dear Bacon. Sarcastic, ironic and over-the-top are other terms that one could use when in a pinch.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Bacon is from West Virginia...glass houses, stones and all that . He knows how to push a button and he did.

Jenna_F 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-27-05, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna_F Click to send private message to Jenna_F Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
LAST EDITED ON 05-27-05 AT 10:05 PM (EST)

Oh, I get it!
If you listen to country music you are automatically a redneck, it all makes sense now. It's so clear!

yeesh, if you are upset Bo didn't win you don't need to come in here whining and bad mouthing everyone who had a different musical taste then you.

of course, you could be joking, i'm not completly sure.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"

>
>of course, you could be joking,
>i'm not completly sure.

I AM completely sure. Bacon was joking.
It's one of the things we do best here.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-27-05, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
whachu talking bout willis????

btw -although I thought the final two were really good, Vonzell and Bo were the best imp.... and yes I too I am board of all of it now -so I (say now) I won't be there watching next year... although since I went to sleep instead of watching at least 3 times I think it's a more true statement than not.

05-28-05, 02:18 AM (EST)
57. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-05 AT 10:29 PM (EST)

CHILL OUT GUY....It's just a show for our youths. Woking and performing to acheive a dream. So they will have a better life. Like wanting to win the Lottery. What difference does it make if they are, Afirican,Chinessee,White"redneck",female,male,etc.

I wanted Bo to win also. Us grown up know Bo will be just fine.
He will be partying like its 1999 and performing just as much as Carrie. The only difference in the two,Carrie and Bo. Is that Carrie is younger, more trainable. prettier, more photo genic.

It was wonderful taking the ride with all of them through it all. Watching them grow right in front of our eyes.

My only grip is, I tryed to vote and could never get through(

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-30-05, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
How can yo say Carrie is a Redneck? I know Carrie is from Oklahoma but Bo is from ALABAMA. They are rednecks if you call Oklahomians redneck. Heck you can say ALABAMA is more redneck because the most famous country song is Sweet Home ALABAMA. I don't see a song about Oklahoma.

05-30-05, 11:29 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Okie from Muskogee?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-05, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "OOOOOOOOOOklahoma"
Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I
Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
Makin' lazy circles in the sky.

05-31-05, 07:32 AM (EST)
74. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Oklahoma got a whole musical.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown. . ."

05-31-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
75. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
You're the reason God made Oklahoma...

I knew that, and I don't even like country music!

05-31-05, 05:32 PM (EST)
80. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
gotta luv lyrics like "surrey with a fringe on top"
i'll take my previous lyric...would rather have a bottle in front of me, then have a frontal lobotomy" now, those are great lyrics!!!

Krazykat 17 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-05, 03:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krazykat Click to send private message to Krazykat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
81. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-05 AT 03:57 AM (EST)

Wow - reading thru this tread has been exhausting. Never in my dreams would I expect to hear those words I despise so much used in an American Idol discussion....Red State Blue State!

I am a die hard democrat - I liked Carrie better than Bo
My co-worker is a die hard republican - thought Bo was the Bomb

Everyboy's taste is different. A lot of people have very eclectic musical tastes. I'm only 40 years old and one of my favorite singers is Dean Martin,..but I like "oldies, rock, country,....and love musicals...even sang in Oklahoma.(the musical, not the state).

Guess my point is there is enough hatred in our country right now between left/right...blue/red,.. pro-life/pro-choice...the church & state...and then there is the war. Why are we bringing politics into A piece of entertainment? (I realize it's more than that to the contestants)

I personally don't think Bo lost because he had long hair and don't think Carrie won because she was pretty. Heck, Vonzelle was just as talented as Carrie and pretty also. I think the biggest problem has been the voting problems with the phone systems. I vote each week and the last three or four weeks of competition I could never get in. Yet you hear of some getting thru hundreds of times. I think one phone should get one vote per idol if wanted and that is it each week.

Anyway...Carrie will be fine
Bo will be fine
vonzelle will be fine.

Our Country...that's another matter: Pray for the safe return of troops!

06-01-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
82. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
Thanks. My daughter is a US Marine currently stationed in Okinawa. We appreciate all the support. She’s not in Iraq but only one order away. Prayers are welcome.

06-02-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
83. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
I took this thread to be tongue-in-cheek. It looks to me like some posters (mostly the new ones) took it way too seriously. The longer you're here the more you'll get the whimsical exaggerations that so often manifest on the boards.

Welcome to the boards by the way.

Moves courtesy of Syren

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-03-05, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
84. "RE: Never underestimate the Redneck Vote"
You all got me there. I'm from Kentucky and I hate country music but it just seemed so unfair. I thought Carrie deserrved some credit. We have 7 country stations in Louisville and all of them supported Carrie deeply but the teen station and Adult Alternative Station said Bo was better. You all just offended me a little bit because I am from the south have heard that being used.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •