The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Generation Gap and Tribal Spread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-01, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Generation Gap and Tribal Spread"
Posted this on Bashers, along with the astrological info (Western and Chinese) I have to date:

We have a real generation gap here!
Oldsters (over 40): In her own league--Mama Kim (1944)
Tom (1954),Carl (1955), Linda (1957), Frank (1958), Theresa & Diane (1959). Theresa is only 8 DAYS older than Diane.

Youngsters (under 30): Kim P. (1971) Ethan (1973), Lindsey (1974), Jesse (1974), Brandon (1976), Clarence (1976), Silas (1978) Kelly (1979).

The lone 30-something: Lex aka Tattoo-man: (1963)
Only 4 years younger than the youngest oldsters
8 years older than the oldest youngster...

Tribal breakdown of these groups:
Samburu:
Oldsters: 4 (2M/2F)--Youngsters: 4 (2M/2F)

Boran:
Oldsters: 3 (1M/2F)
Middle: 1 (M)
Youngsters: 4 (2M/2F)

So, if you want to put Lex in his closest group, Oldster, MB divided them completely equally between Male/Female in each age group, in both tribes.

Coincidence?
No Pagong/Tagi split here!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Who are the leaders? Krautboy 09-27-01 1
 RE: Generation Gap and Tribal Sprea... SurvivorBlows 09-27-01 2
   Agree AyaK 09-27-01 3
       RE: Agree Outfrontgirl 09-27-01 5
   RE: Generation Gap and Tribal Sprea... dabo 09-27-01 4
 Bump and re-assess Outfrontgirl 10-22-01 6
   RE: Bump and re-assess tribephyl 10-22-01 7
       Frank's birthday Outfrontgirl 10-22-01 8
 RE: Generation Gap and Tribal Sprea... George Tirebiter 10-22-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-27-01, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Who are the leaders?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-01 AT 00:35 AM (EST)

Looking at the vidcaps of the tribes arriving at the Immunity Challenge can we get a clue as to who the emmerging leaders are?

Ethan leading the Boran Tribe...

Carl leading the Samburu Tribe...

Are they taking on the leadership role or are the soccer player and marathoner just in better shape for the long hike to the challenge area?

Krautboy

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-01, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Generation Gap and Tribal Spread"
I'm not sure I agree -- there might be a Pagong tribe here, let's look at ages and demographics, not AGE GROUPING:

Boring:
22, 24, 27, 27, 38, 42, 46, 57

Sambuca:
23, 25, 27, 29, 42, 43, 44, 46

Sambuca has 4 folks well into their 40's, all married, plus three "kids," and a 'tweeny (Kim P.) -- one divorced (and now gay), another who called off her year-plus long engagement three weeks before the wedding.

Boring has 3 folks in their 40's (two married, one twice divorced), Lex the former cross-dressing band member in his 30's, and 4 "kids."

Maybe it is just me, but I see Lex has being a pretty wild guy, certainly much closer emotionally to the kids in his group than the folks in their 40's (from my experiences, if he was working at FusionOne in Silicon Valley, he was probably one of the oldest folks in the place.)

Sambuca seems more like it's going to be a more disciplined
camp -- two mothers in their 40's, two fathers in their 40's. Then again, maybe not.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-01, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Agree"
Webby, I had the same reaction here. If you work out the average ages of the tribe members, both are within half a year of 35 -- but there doesn't seem to be any doubt that the Boran tribe is the one most likely to become the "young" tribe (although probably not to the extent of Pagong) and the Samburu tribe is the one most likely to become the "old" tribe (and probably even older than Tagi).

It wouldn't surprise me if MB was thinking the same thing -- that a young and an old tribe made for better TV. Even if not, MB had to be hoping that more older people would give the show more personality and avoid having the Amber/Nick type of nonentities sticking around to near the end.

09-27-01, 01:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Agree"
Thanks, both of you, for going further with this. The Pagong/Tagi comment was just a spontaneous remark I tacked on the end of my post, and I'm not at all attached to the idea. Hadn't had a chance to look at the bios yet. Obviously the personality mix is far more important than numbers.

After I did the basic birthdate/astrology breakdown (on Bashers) I looked at the dates and was struck by the even divisions-- looking at them simply as age blocs and genders--nothing about actual lifestyle.

I am only starting this week to think about these people, and your comments help a lot to bring them more into focus.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-01, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Generation Gap and Tribal Spread"
Well, about Lex, in his photo (the first one found) he's wearing a Jesus tshirt isn't he? Did anyone ever find out what that shirt actually had on it, it was hard to tell?

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

10-22-01, 01:07 AM (EST)
6. "Bump and re-assess"
Since "Generation gap" gets featured in this week's previews, thought I'd bump the preliminary discussion to re-assess.
If nothing more, it helped me to have all the ages listed together.

We seem to have neither an old or young tribe as a whole. Webby and AyaK correctly assessed that the Samburu oldsters would create a more work-oriented and mature group--it just didn't include the youngsters.

Perhaps not coincidentally, Boran did not fracture along age lines and it was Boran that had one 30-something person in the mix (and one used to hanging out with the young dot.commers). Lex may have acted as a bridge to create a continuum.

Also, Clarence's alienation of himself from the other three youths of Boran pretty much drove Ethan towards the older males in search of strong allies--even if he liked the young women.

Boran also had the youngest and oldest players--again more of a continuum than generations pitted against each other. Now that Diane and Jessie are gone, the age separation in Boran from Kim to Kelly goes 10-9-10-3-3 years apart. The power is in the "middle" of the continuum--Tom, Lex, Ethan--an alliance which has a whopping 19 year spread in age. Ethan has lost Jessie to illness and Clarence on a trust issue (seemingly), and

On the other hand, Sambucu's Boomers were all born within four years of each other, a distinct generational clump, and Kim, Lindsey, and Brandon are within 5 years, another clump.

Silas (the Boomers' recruit) was the youngest Samburu--almost 20 years younger than them. He's got to be cocky about his ability to earn individual immunity if he thinks he will get the chance to make it to the Final 2 with such strange bedfellows.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-01, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bump and re-assess"

Only want to add that Frank's Birthday is July 22 and would coincide with Episode 4, IC/TC day.

10-22-01, 03:43 AM (EST)
8. "Frank's birthday"
Yes tribephyl, it's so true.
Frank has the only birthday during the shoot (assuming he's not booted by then). Richard Hatch came his closest to getting the boot on his, so not necessarily a good omen--except Hatch didn't get booted, so maybe it was lucky and saved him?

I don't and won't make a habit of this on Spoilers, but after all it's his birthday, so here's Frank's horoscope for the IC/TC of Ep. 4.

You are torn between affection for someone and annoyance at his or her minor misdeed.

You are more serious than usual. Seek out the company of an older person.

Your body is telling you that it's time to take it easy. Everything is either confusing or depressing.

You feel that other people are hostile in challenging your position. Don't become aggressive.

Who, Frank? Never!

(I took this word for word from a "transits" program I ran using Frank's actual chart. I saw how each of these things could easily be a factor for Frank, so I decided to post it. If it's wrong, this should be buried by then.)

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-22-01, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Generation Gap and Tribal Spread"
While the ages seem significant and the astrological stuff may actually hold up to scrutiny, I think we also have to consider GENDER. . . At least on the Moron tribe, there seems to be a real schism along those lines more than anything else, and unless those women start making a constribution the men can see/appreciate, I'm afraid they're outta there!

GT

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •