The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tribe Without Fire Spoiler..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-01, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tribe Without Fire Spoiler..."
Remember how MB likes to leave the tribe who loses the 'Quest for Fire' challenge to try and make their own fire for a night or two... just so people can get cold and frustrated (and have to listen to bongo drums )

Well here's a pic of Diane Ogden (Boran Tribe) trying to start a fire...

This could be a strong indication that Borans lose the fire challenge

September 11, 2001

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tribe Without Fire Spoiler... SurvivorBlows 09-26-01 1
   RE: Tribe Without Fire Spoiler... mavsfan 09-26-01 3
 RE: Tribe Without Fire Spoiler... sleeeve 09-26-01 2
 Me Cat... Me Stupid... IceCat 09-26-01 4
   RE: Me Cat... Me Stupid... SurvivorBlows 09-26-01 5
 Gloves? PepeLePew13 09-26-01 6
   RE: Gloves? Krautboy 09-26-01 7
       RE: Gloves? Rudyrox 09-27-01 8
           RE: Gloves? PepeLePew13 09-28-01 9
   RE: Gloves? Frau Hexe 09-30-01 10
       RE: Gloves? dabo 09-30-01 11
           RE: Gloves? Frau Hexe 09-30-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tribe Without Fire Spoiler..."
I believe that BOTH tribes normally go one or two nights without fire -- than the first challenge is held and one of them gets matches.

...but I believe BOTH tribes always go at least one day without matches (don't the reward challenges usually happen on Day 2 of the three-day cycles?)

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-26-01, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tribe Without Fire Spoiler..."
I remember very well watching both teams trying to start a fire in SII without matches.

Remember Jerri banging her drums while Keith tried to heat up some sticks and grass and such? I really got the impression that this was the start of the Jerri/Keith friction.

Also they used some pages from Rogers bible to try and start a fire (where's that page with the burning bush). This was where Deb went a long ways to alienating herself from her tribe.

So yes, both teams struggle to make fire until the immunity challenge, where one team wins the gift of fire as well as immunity, and the other team brings back fire from the TC.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-26-01, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tribe Without Fire Spoiler..."
In S2, the tribes were told that they would have to go for a while, until they discovered how to obtain fire.

The tribes tried for the first two days to do it on their own.

On day three, Ogakor won immunity and was given matches as the reward... that night, Kucha went to tribal council, and after it was over, they also had fire (we were left to believe that this was because they carried their lit torches back to their camp, but it was later revealed that they were given matches, as well).

Thus, both tribes tried to make fire in S2... not just one.

(Remember the famous Jerri on the bongos scene, while Keith was trying to start the fire... and they eventually won the reward (and the matches)).

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Me Cat... Me Stupid..."
Me not do again... ;)

(Actually I probably will do it again!)

September 11, 2001

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Me Cat... Me Stupid..."
Actually, Kraut is the one who pointed out to me on another topic that in the first RC, it's combined with the first IC.

...so that means this could be video from eny of the first three days at either camp.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Gloves?"
Just wondering if we can infer anything from the use of gloves in the following pics from Paratrooper?

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-26-01, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gloves?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-01 AT 05:37 PM (EST)

Just speculation, but because the tribes are expected to build their own shelters, including THORN FENCES, they are probably all provided with leather work gloves as part of the basic gear they start out with. It's easier to give them leather gloves than deal with frequent bleeding hands, especially given AIDS concerns, meat eating predators smelling blood, infection, etc.

Krautboy

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-27-01, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gloves?"
I really don't think HIV is a concern.. I'm sure every one of the castaways are given full medical workups.. I don't see them allowing anyone with HIV to particpate.. it's too dangerous considering the physical toll this takes on even a healthy person.

Though you are right on the mark with the preditors and infections.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-01, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gloves?"
Interesting, though, in the first pic in my post, you see Diane wearing gloves during the making of the fire. I would think that wearing gloves would be a hindrance in creating the friction needed to get a spark -- UNLESS it's going to be a marathon session of wood-rubbing in which case the gloves would protect the skin.

The parasites in the area must be exteremely bad and dangerous for MB to permit the survivors to wear gloves -- normally he'd rather see decapitation than to see something helpful "given" to the contestants.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-01, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Gloves?"
This glove thing is interesting--don't they look a bit like barbeque gloves? Hmmm. We know that each time the show has provided the cast with some provisions, but gloves?

Frau Hexe

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-01, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Gloves?"
Since they cannot hunt maybe the real idea behind the gloves is to get them hungry enough to eat anything they have. Okay, that's a joke, but desperately hungry enough people have been known to eat leather sometimes.

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-01, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Gloves?"
hmmm...leather versus foot-long mangrove worms--I think I'd choose the gloves anyday.

Frau Hexe

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •