The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-26-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
In several threads people have mentioned they would buy an idol album. So which is it? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither? And for fun, mention whether you have bought any album from any of the idol contestants in the past.

I am looking forward to buying Bo's album. I hope the acapella song is on there. I have never bought any idol music in the past.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... true 05-26-05 1
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... Wingbob 05-26-05 2
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... Snidget 05-26-05 3
 Neither Harrison 05-26-05 4
 Either Breezy 05-26-05 5
   RE: Bo's Viewer 05-26-05 6
   RE: Either CattyChat 05-26-05 11
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... nailbone 05-26-05 7
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... seahorse 05-26-05 8
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... geekboy 05-26-05 9
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... theking0075 05-26-05 10
   RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... dragonflies 06-03-05 32
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... tamarama 05-26-05 12
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... Corvis 05-26-05 13
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... calamityc 05-26-05 14
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... Captain_Savem 05-26-05 15
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... yensid 05-26-05 16
   RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... ginger 05-26-05 17
 It depends if the songs are good lovwigglesworth 05-26-05 18
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... TanNymph 05-26-05 19
   RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... LakerLuv 05-26-05 20
 Neither Loquatrix 05-26-05 21
   RE: Neither tamarama 05-26-05 26
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... thankyoudrivethru 05-26-05 22
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... Fishercat 05-26-05 23
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... okaychatt 05-26-05 24
   RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... HeyItsBryan 05-26-05 25
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... Hoobie 05-26-05 27
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... PhoenixMons 05-27-05 28
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... libgirl2 05-28-05 29
   RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... universityofkentuckyrocks 06-03-05 30
 RE: Whose album will you buy? Carr... geg6 06-03-05 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-05, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I have CDs from Kelly and Clay. I enjoy them both, but I'm not a big music buyer.

I'll buy a CD from Nikko, and that's probably all from this season.

I'm not a big country fan, so I doubt I'd buy one from Carrie, but I if it's good, I might.

As for BO, it all depends on what kindof songs he gets stuck recording. If they try to make him into Clay Aiken, I'll pass. If they can manage to revive 70's style southern rock, and make it new, I'd get it for sure.

Wingbob 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-26-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wingbob Click to send private message to Wingbob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
Depends. If either CD is just a bunch of cover versions, I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot Seacrest. Actually, I wouldn't buy anything Carrie puts out (I just don't get into new country).

Now if Bo puts out a CD of original 70's style rock (like Lenny Kravitz for instance), I may spring for it.

I haven't bought any AI CDs up to now.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
Possibly Bo's depending on what they put on it.

The only one I have gotten is Tamyra Gray's album.

All too often I can't stand the stuff they make them sing.

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Neither"
There hasn't been an AI contestant yet who has even tempted me to buy a single, let alone an album.

The show is fun to watch, though.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Either"
Depends on the songs on the CD's.

I have Clay's and Kelly's newest.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

Viewer 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-26-05, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Viewer Click to send private message to Viewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bo's"
but only if they let him record songs suited for him. This will be the first AI CD I have bought, if it's good.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-26-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Either"
I'll buy Carrie's if it is more "country-pop" (per Clive) or cross-over -- I am not a country fan, but I like Carrie's voice. I loved hearing her sing Joplin's Piece of my Heart, Ronstadt's When will I be Loved and Heart's Alone(thought she'd blow that one and was shocked that she pulled it off -- that is when I started listening to her sing). Also, loved her singing Crying.

Depending on what Bo does -- i.e. if they let Bo be Bo, I would probably buy his CD, as well. I am curious to see what they do with him as a solo artist. He needs to front a great rock band -- maybe Skynrd will take him on as their lead singer.

Of prior idols, I've only purchased Kelly Clarkson's 1st CD and both Clay's 1st & Christmas CD's.

Would really like Nadia to put something out on the rock side and I'd love an Anwar R&B album -- loved his voice, needs to lose the dreads. I would snatch their CDs up.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I have Kelly's first, and plan to get her new one.

I'll probably buy Carrie's because DW likes her.

I will DEFINITELY buy anything Bo puts out. I love his voice and style, and he can make anything sound good. And I figure that since he was #2, he'll be able to pick and choose a little better what songs he'll do, and that Clive Davis is smart enough to know what fits him.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
Neither, there are a lot of other singers that I would buy from before either of them. I'd be more likely to buy Bo's CD though.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-26-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I have bought Clay's CD, plus his Solitaire CD single.

I bought Josh Gracin's CD, which is great BTW.

I only bought Fantasia initial single, not her full CD.

I probably won't buy Carrie's CD since i don't find anything unique about her. I will DEFINATELY buy Bo's CD, and possibly Nadia's depending on what style she decides to be.

geekboy

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-26-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I said yesterday I would buy a Bo album, but I probably won't. He'll probably be so over exposed, like every past Idol contestant, there will probably be no need to buy anything he puts out, cause it will be on the radio everytime you turn it on. I've never bought an Idol album before and I probably never will.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
Agree with king. Although Bo has gotten me to thinking about it.

another syren masterpiece

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I'll likely buy Bo's...unless it's all covers, then I'll wait until his 2nd CD. I hope he does original stuff.

I would never consider buying Carrie's.

I have never bought any other AI CD's.

To tell the truth, this is the first time I've actually even watched the whole season. Bo is the first contestant that I find interesting that has made it to final 2. In seasons 2 & 3, I got bored & stopped watching.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-26-05, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I think I'll probably get Bo's album assuming he sounds like Bo and the producers don't change him once he's in the studio.

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-26-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I'm glad you asked this question, this is actually how I am casting my vote. I will buy Bo's CD. I've never bought any of the other ones either.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-26-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
Neither, I'm sure. But I think Carrie stands the best chance of the two for me to buy anything. That's only if she goes Shania and does something with a little R&B feel to it. I can't see Bo producing anything that I'd think was worthy enough to buy.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-26-05, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I have never bought an Idol's CD but I will probably buy Carrie's. I won't get Bo's. I might buy Nikko's being that he is from St. Louis and I liked his voice. Depends on what they make him sing.

Co Champions of TAR 7 PTTE, an ARnutz Creation

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
So neither.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-26-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "It depends if the songs are good"
Like someone already said, if they let BO sing the songs that make him BO, I will definately buy his album. If they make an album full of "In your Heaven", I'll pass.
When Clay was on, I thought I might have bought his album. But then it came out and the songs were awful, so I passed.
So to buy someone's album I have to both like the way they sing and like the songs that are going to be sung. I definately like the way BO sings, lets hope he gets good songs.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-26-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I have not bought anything specifically from previous idol contestants. I have bought the soundtrack to Princess Diaries II for my DD which has Kelly Clarkson on it. My DD asked for both Bo and Carrie's cd when they come out. I'll probably wait & listen first.

A side note, our local radio station is already playing Carrie's song.

LakerLuv 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LakerLuv Click to send private message to LakerLuv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I'll buy Bo's CD. I really hope they put the acapella song on his CD. Carrie doesn't have any passion, to me, when she sings, so I can't see myself buying anything from her.

I've purchased Ruben's, Fantasia's and Kimberly Locke's CDs. I enjoy them all very much.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-26-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Neither"
I don't buy records, I demand free copies!!

As usual, though, I'll post official sales figures for any records that come out of this season, and we'll see to what extent popularity on the show translates into sales figures for this set of performers.

I'm disappointed with Carrie's win, but I believe it comes from simply fitting the contest's demographic that much better. I'm sure her winning margin will have been in the very young female vote (I mean girls under 13). I think these girls, who are at that "wannabe" stage where they crush on females rather than on males, will have been voting for the sweet pretty pop princess over the mildly intimidating long-haired occasionally-growling dude with the mean-looking shades on. I think that huge young female voting bloc will have swung it for Carrie.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Neither"
<<the mildly intimidating long-haired occasionally-growling dude with the mean-looking shades on>>

*sigh* what? oh. sorry.

No, I'm not 13.

thankyoudrivethru 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thankyoudrivethru Click to send private message to thankyoudrivethru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
bo and only bo...nuff said

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-26-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
Bo is the Idol who's gotten closest to my buy list so far.

As for prior, not one. I've considered Clay's, such a strong voice.

This season? As I said, Bo is the closest, I'd consider Nikko or even (gulp) Scott if he got some training and came out with something carefully produced in a couple years. I don't have much appeal from anyone else.

A generous Icecat donation
I'm airing it out.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-26-05, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I've been saying I'd buy Bo's album, but now that the season is over, I'm not so sure.

I think I just get caught up in the fun of watching and voting.

After it's over - eh, it's over.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

HeyItsBryan 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HeyItsBryan Click to send private message to HeyItsBryan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
That is exactly my sentiment every time I watch this show. This season, however, Bo's CD will be the first AI album I have ever bought (or have even thought of buying), so, if that says anything...

As far as Carrie is concerned - while she has an undisputably good voice, I could never imagine myself buying anything of hers. I guess it just comes down to individual musical tastes, and I finally found mine reperesented on AI this year through Bo.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-26-05, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I will only buy Bo's. I'm considering buying the one from his website right now. I'm jonesing for Bo!
I liked Carrie well enough, and might have considered getting hers too; but I need to give Bo an edge in the tally. I have never bought a previous AI CD. However, my now-husband bought the Season 2 "All Time Classic American Love Songs" to bring on our honeymoon -- more of a joke than anything else.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-27-05, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I won't buy Carrie's, I probably won't buy Bo's (I like him as a performer, but I doubt I'd spend money on a CD full of music that I probably won't like even though I like him, KWIM?), but I will probably buy Nikko's if and when there is one.

I haven't bought an Idol's CD yet, but plan to buy Jennifer Hudson's when it is released (the date has been moved back since she's apparently on a different label). I considered buying Fantasia's, but I didn't like many of the individual songs on it enough to merit spending the money on the entire CD. I do really like her, though.

Got blog?

libgirl2 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-28-05, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail libgirl2 Click to send private message to libgirl2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
Bo's of course. He can sing me the phone book.... I will consider anything by Nadia as well.

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-03-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
I would buy both but if I had to choose one it would be Bo's

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Whose album will you buy? Carrie's? Bo's? Both? Neither?"
Like everyone else, I will buy Bo's if it's not the usual AI garbage they foist on us. Thanks to Boner, I went to Bo's website and have ordered his group's CD from that.

Since I detest country music, and Carrie in particular, I won't be buying that. Ever. Even if it was the last and only CD available. I'd give up music first.

I did buy Clay's "Solitaire" single.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •