The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

HowdyPartner 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-12-04, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HowdyPartner Click to send private message to HowdyPartner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
Just want to throw this into the ring for discussion.

I think Fantasia is OK. She has done well with many of her songs but overall I do not care for her voice. The best song she has done is the one where she was sitting down and that was beautiful!!

BUT....Her attitude is horrible!! I can't stand that she thinks she is the best. When the judges try to give her advice or give criticism she does not listen. She is too busy saying "no no no" "that is not right" (obviously not direct quotes but generally the way she comes across) "What do you think audience" etc. If she would just shut up and pay attention I would vote for her because she is unique.

I can't take the attitude anymore, can you tell?

What do you think?

HL

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? allysmom 05-12-04 1
 Moving to Individual Forum Bebo 05-12-04 2
 RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? dirtysouth 05-12-04 3
   RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? ginger 05-12-04 4
       RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? brvnkrz 05-12-04 5
           RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? RealityAddict 05-12-04 7
       RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? RealityAddict 05-12-04 6
           RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? brvnkrz 05-12-04 8
               RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? AugustGirl 05-16-04 18
 RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? geg6 05-12-04 9
   RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? minkey 05-12-04 10
       RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? shedevil 05-12-04 11
       RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? Mysterious Jedi 05-12-04 12
       RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? brvnkrz 05-13-04 15
           RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? minkey 05-14-04 17
       RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? geg6 05-13-04 16
 RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? steppingrazor42 05-12-04 13
 RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise? okaychatt 05-12-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

allysmom 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail allysmom Click to send private message to allysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
I fully agree. She's a very talented girl, but her attitude isn't at all good.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Moving to Individual Forum"
This was originally in the General Discussion forum, but since it's a discussion of an individual contestant, I've moved it to the appropriate forum.

dirtysouth 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dirtysouth Click to send private message to dirtysouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
I like the fact that Fantasia is not a robot taking her medicine and shuffling down the line like every other performer since AI-1

It is her uniqueness that makes her a lot more enjoyable to watch. I remember Clay's squinting eye, silent lip reading thank you after each compliment/criticism week in and week out. It was predictable. Same with Kelly and I loved her to death.

I guess I am in the minority of people who like a good comeback now and then.

I would call what her and Simon have a good report. If he thought she had a bad attitude he would have called it her on it a long time ago.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
While LaToya is certainly more consistent, Fantasia, when good, moves me more. She reminds me of Nancy Kerrigan skating - graceful, no missteps, plays it safe, mostly, and no spark.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
I will continue to vote for Latoya because I like her and she is from my neck of the woods. I believe she has the best voice but will agree that Fantasia does put on a more entertaining show. I am in the boat of not liking her attitude. I don't think she needs to be a robot and shake her head yes and say nothing, but I don't think she listens to Simon. I think it goes in one ear and out the other because she already thinks she is fabu. I don't see any growth in her since the start of this and I think that is because she doesn't listen to what is told to her.

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.
CASH Wine gopher

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
giggling at term *fabu*

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
Speaking of LaToya...I thought she was the one giving a little attitude last night. Am I mistaken, or did I hear her chime in with "I agree, Paula" when Paula disagreed with Randy's harsh comments to LaToya??? (does that even make sense?) ANYWAY, I get sick of the backtalk that SEVERAL of the AI contestants give...but at this point in the competition I would imagine the contestants are sick of listening to "slams" disguised as constructive criticism (IMHO that is).

05-12-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
I agree that i don't like any of them backtalking. I don't find it appropriate at any time in an amateur talent show. Part of them being here is so that they can learn and grow and become better. If they already know everything they shouldn't be here. I think Latoya did have a little backtalk last night but I find Fantasia to be the biggest offender of the backtalk.
How fabu is that?

CASH Wine gopher

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-04, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
Everything Brvn said? I agree completely. The contestants have been given a wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and they all should be respectful of the judges. Once they are full fledged stars then they can throw out all the attitude they want.

Brvn is fabu.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
I'm probably not the best one to be answering this (since I pretty much think that everything about Fantasia is horrible), but the attitude might be in the top three annoying things about her. I also agree with another poster who said that, IMHO, she has not shown me much growth and that much of this can probably be attributed to the fact that she does not seem to listen to or care about any criticism she gets (even when it is constructive).

--yeah, yeah, yeah

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-04, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
I beg to disagree! I think Fantasia is much less animated with the judges these days. I do think she respects what they say. She seems to really like Simon and I've seen several humble gestures on her part. For instance, when they pulled the horrible "which group does George belong to" in the elimination. Fantasia was the only one who seemed the least shocked and actually good natured about the whole thing. She was also very somber and quiet on the night that Jennifer left and she was in the bottom 2. I think she is grateful to be where she is and is letting the chips fall were they may while having a good time and that may come off as arrogance. When she leaves, and I don't believe she'll win, I bet she'll be most gracious.

Brave - LaToya is from my neck-of-the-woods, too. We must share a bay .

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
I agree with you about Fantasia, she has been quite humble lately, I used to dislike her for her attitude but I haven't seen that attitude since Jennifer left. Latoya did have an attitude last night (because she didn't like the preacher telling her the truth about how boring she really is). She always has a smug look on her face that makes me want to smack her. She's good but she is far from great.

Mysterious Jedi 1043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-04, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mysterious%20Jedi Click to send private message to Mysterious%20Jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
Agree. I think Fantasia has actually toned down her "attitude" somewhat lately. The reactions she does show, I think the judges look for and encourage that. Now, I can see why it might rub some people the wrong way, but that's what makes her unique. She's controversial.

05-13-04, 01:27 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
Minkey, I'm on the other side of the bay from LaToya but I will still call her mine. Which side of the bay are you?

CASH Wine gopher

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-04, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
I live in Marin (found a partner with a house here), but not happily. I spent 2 years in Oakland and loved it, and a couple in the south bay that were tolerable. About the only place I haven't lived is the City, but I have many friends there. Actually all my closest friends in the area aren't in Marin and I've lived here for 7 years. I'm a diversity girl and as beautiful and safe as Marin is, I don't quite fit in.

Minkey *closes eyes tight* I will not conform, I will not conform!

My guess is that we're a bridge apart!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-04, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
Well, as I said, the attitude (which I still don't like) is only one of the top three reasons (and there are probably hundreds, if you'd give me time to think) that I dislike her. Her voice would be number one and her horrible (trashy, flopping, braless) style would be number two. I couldn't be more disappointed that she didn't go last night. Granted, by all rights it should have been Jasmine, but I'd much rather have been spared any more Fantasia than Latoya, who should have been top two along with Diana, IMHO.

--just waiting for the flames to come raining down. **grins**

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
I love Fanstasia and her "attitude", people are so uptight, she's fun and sarcastic, she obviously knows how to laugh at herself and isn't BORING like some of the other so called "divas" on the show. She's a woman with a strong personality, I don't get upset when she talks back to the judges because I think she's just doing it for fun, not in a mean way.
Why can't a woman be outspoken without eveyone getting freaky about it?

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-12-04, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Fantasia's attitude her demise?"
The first few weeks, I agreed with your assessment. Now I think she's just having some fun.

Remember how she laughed when she discovered she, La Toya, and Jennifer were in the bottom three? And when she did her interview barefoot?

I think she's just having a good time and enjoying the ride.

She's grown on me the past few weeks. ACK - get her off me! Get her off me!

okaychatt, the paranoid poster (see "Paula Sold Her Out" thread)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •