The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Carrie won????? That's B.S"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Toughy 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Toughy Click to send private message to Toughy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Carrie won????? That's B.S"
that show is so rigged, carrie was in the bottom 3, got highly critisized by all 3 judges and bo did well just about every show and was consistantly praised and then sang acapella unlike ANY A.I............... I know its because they know bo already has a career and will do fine if not better without a.i. but still they should judge the contestants, not if the fans think its predictable or not............

Bottom line carrie is amazing in her own right but bo stole the show

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S tarmaq 05-26-05 1
   RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S Viewer 05-26-05 2
       RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S missygirl3 05-26-05 23
           RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S nailbone 05-26-05 31
   RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S halfpintlemon 05-26-05 7
       RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S zazzy 05-26-05 20
 RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S singmeasong 05-26-05 3
 RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S nailbone 05-26-05 4
   RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S HistoryDetective 05-26-05 6
       Yup Breezy 05-26-05 9
       Rest easy Bo fans... tamarama 05-26-05 21
 RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S JOSHIDOL 05-26-05 5
   RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S Snidget 05-26-05 8
       RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S JOSHIDOL 05-26-05 15
           RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S volsfan 05-26-05 16
               RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S Snidget 05-27-05 42
   RE: Carrie won????? Viewer 05-26-05 10
 RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S seahorse 05-26-05 11
   RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S Devious Weasel 05-26-05 18
   RE: IT IS NOT FIXED! and IT IS NOT ... Devious Weasel 05-26-05 14
   IDOL is HOAX - STOP Bebo 05-26-05 22
 Bo Never Had A Chance Devious Weasel 05-26-05 13
   RE: Bo Never Had A Chance BriarRosie 05-27-05 44
 RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S 1simplyme 05-26-05 17
   RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S Devious Weasel 05-26-05 19
       RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S shabalaba 05-26-05 29
           RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S Captain_Savem 05-26-05 30
               RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S nailbone 05-26-05 32
                   RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S rnabring 05-27-05 37
 Both great PagongRatEater 05-26-05 24
 I *love* these threads Tiggertramp 05-26-05 25
 RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S Alchemist 05-26-05 26
 RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S Captain_Savem 05-26-05 27
   fan base niteowl 05-26-05 34
 It looked like.... emydi 05-26-05 28
 RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S Captain_Savem 05-26-05 33
   RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S tamarama 05-26-05 35
       RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S anotherkim 05-26-05 36
           RE: Carrie won????? {Thoughts on '... sodiumswirl 05-27-05 38
 RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S shanana banana 05-27-05 39
   RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S phantomphan 05-27-05 40
       Bo has it better NOT winning Flairmarq 05-27-05 41
           RE: Bo has it better NOT winning shanana banana 05-27-05 43

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
What show were you watching?

The only time Carrie was in the bottom three is when there were only three people left! She was always safe!

Bo was in the bottom three several times.

He appealed to a certain group. But not to everyone. And one great song was not enough to make people completely change over. By that time, people had pretty much made their choices.

I voted for Carrie. Maybe there were more people like me than like you.

Viewer 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-26-05, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Viewer Click to send private message to Viewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
Bo was only in the bottom 3 once, and it was quite awhile back. His performances have been far superior to Carrie's in the more recent two months or so. She hasn't had a great once since "Alone," IMO, although I did like "Cryin'." She has gotten weak, particularly in the critical last two weeks although I do like her. It does appear to be rigged.

When Ruben won, his hometown was the last on the concert tour. When tix went on sale a couple weeks ago, I noticed that OK was the last hometown concert date....hmmm.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-26-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
I am not trying to be rude, What does the last stop on a concert date have to do with who won? I dont understand. I am from Oklahoma and people LOVE Carrie here. Whats the problem, Viewer???

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

I think Viewer is saying that the last stop is the hometown/state of the winner, and if this was set two weeks ago, then they knew then that Carrie would win.

Correct, Viewer? And was this also true for Kelly and Fantasia?

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

halfpintlemon 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-26-05, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail halfpintlemon Click to send private message to halfpintlemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
Not that I'm defending anyone or trying to be argumentative, but Bo was only in the bottom three once, to his credit.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-26-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
I think Bo was in the bottom three the one time because some voters thought he was an automatic safe and did not bother to vote.

I am bugged by the autoredialer/fax people who can get in 12,000 times over the voting period. I do not have the answer, either.

singmeasong 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 04:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singmeasong Click to send private message to singmeasong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
We can always say rigged when the person we thought should win... didn't. I personally liked both contestants, but preferred to hear Carrie sing more than Bo. I think she had many great songs over the last few weeks and picked up the emotion in the songs that she had really been lacking. To me she clearly has a better voice than Bo. It simply could be you do not like her voice, which is your opinion. However, many of us love her voice, so I do not understand why you are crying "foul" just because "America" disagreed with you. If the vote was 50.5% to 49.5%...then 49.5% of America is disappointed, but the majority is happy.

05-26-05, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
The only way I would consider it to be "rigged" is that "In Your Heaven" is obviously better suited to Carrie than Bo, just like "A Moment Like This" was better suited to Kelly than Justin.

And while I really wanted Bo to win, I'd rather hear Carrie singing it on my radio endlessly. Bo will do just fine, and will more likely to get to do the style of music that suits him best.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
Yup, Bo is the new and improved version of Clay Aiken --- a runner-up who will achieve much more success than the winner.

a sig by syren (I had mine before you had yours!)

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Yup"
That was my thought on it too.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-26-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Rest easy Bo fans..."
EXACTLY what I thought!! (ok, after I was sad for an hour or so)

It's similar to Ruben/Clay in another way too...Clay seemed to have an unbeatable fan base, but Ruben's turned out to be quieter, but faster-dialers.

SO MUCH web talk has been pro-Bo...We were the louder fans, but Carrie's dialed faster.

All will be well, Bo will have a great career. (Just no Christmas special, 'k?)

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-26-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
Someone needs to explain how that letter from 19 Entertainment went out in the UK on Sunday and said Carrie Underwood had won American Idol, what was that about??
I believe that they can manipulate those phone lines so that calls cannot get through and yet they have an accurate count to please everyone. Simon is not GOD althugh he thinks he is, this man has hyped Carrie from Day 1 and stuck to his word. It was so pathetic he even had Randy and Paula saying all of American changed their votes after her performance Tuesday, Helllloooooo who are they kidding???? Something is fishy. Bo was leading in almost every poll, he had the backing of every celebrity I saw interviewed yet the "Wooden" soldier takes the prize?? I say this girl will not be able to handle all of the hoopla she will face, it was obvious after how many weeks on television she still was like a statue.. Then the nerve of Simon to say Bo was nervous in the kodak Theatre but Carrie was at ease, please, its an insult to our intelligence.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
Is the letter a rumor, or do they have a copy posted somewhere that can be validated as real. (let the bloggers have at they are great at figuring out if documents are authentic )

Sometimes people manufacture stuff to fuel conspiracy theories because of all the attention that generates.

Bo was leading in the AOL poll up until after the final Tues night Show.

Weds just before the Results show Bo was behind by a small percentage (less than 1% but still behind)

He had been way ahead before that.

The difference may be the fan who has been watching all along vs the people who check out the finale and then decide who to vote for.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-26-05, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
The letter is supposedly very authentic to the point that on the Fox boards they deleted all posts concerning it. It had to do with an awards banquet in the UK Sunday May 22 and it was referencing Simon Fuller winning an award. It also referenced his connection to American Idol and the last line said "American Idol, which this year was won by Carrie underwood".
Little things are turning up like her being 1st on the CD, all the winners are first. 2) someone made note that her hometown Oklahoma is last on the tour like most of the winners, 3) the other night when they showed all the idols in order of elimination they showed her last? Something is just not right. I am sorry if anyone thinks Simon is that great to predict from Day 1 of auditions that she would win and never stray from it. Yet to have him insult Bo and say he was uncomfortable on that stage and she wasn't was a "travesty" not just an insult. The funny part is this was the only time when the winner was announced at one point the boos outnumbered the applause, it was loud enough to read "Boo" on the closed caption.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
The letter is supposedly very authentic to the point that on the Fox boards they deleted all posts concerning it.

Maybe they were deleted because the memo was totally fabricated with nothing to back it up.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
Yep, I'm even having a hard time googling to find out what award from what group Simon Fuller got last week.

That part should be pretty verifiable, but I've had no luck with even that part of the story.

Viewer 44 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Viewer Click to send private message to Viewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Carrie won????? "
Absolutely an insult! The comments they made last night were so manipulative! "Bo was more nervous the night before?" Hello! He's a natural! He has owned that stage. Carrie was a nervous wreck and made so many mistakes. I really felt sorry for her. It's a shame that the obvious manipulation of the voting system put such a damper on her "win." She didn't deserve that. The audience was awed, and I really felt sorry for her.

I think that without the manipulative comments, I "might" have thought the voting was legit and just assumed that a lot of the voters were tone-deaf or hated rock-n-roll, but the whole show was a circus, and it is evident that the results were achieved to AI's benefit...no matter what or HOW.

Personally, I think that AI knew that Bo would be successful regardless and that Carrie needed the "title" to carry on her exposure.

I like Carrie and wish her well, but American Idol ruined what little credibility they had last night. This was far more clear cut that Clay vs. Ruben. At least Ruben always sang on key, and I don't remember him forgetting any words either.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
I do not believe that FOX would risk fixing the votes for a given contestant to win. It would kill their ratings if it ever got out.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
Not to mention subject them to lawsuits and what would probably turn out to be the single biggest fine in FCC history.

05-26-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: IT IS NOT FIXED! and IT IS NOT RIGGED! "
You didn't bother to read that link, did you? Cause it states pretty clearly at the top that

As of January 1st, 2005, there has been no reply to the complaint letters sent to the FCC.

That means there is no FCC complaint. All this site is is the work of some individual who sent letters to the FCC. It is not proof of anything, nor, as I mentioned, does it show that the FCC took it seriously.

The vote is not rigged. There was no way Bo could win. None. Carrie would have had to have spontaneously combust onstage for Bo to win, and even then she still would have gotten a sympathy vote.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "IDOL is HOAX - STOP"
You are violating our guidelines by posting the same link over and over. You've had one thread locked because it was a duplicate, and another removed for starting yet another thread about this topic. Do NOT post about it again.

05-26-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
13. "Bo Never Had A Chance"
Carrie always had the larger fan base. Always. It's a more devoted fan base too, at least from the standpoint of being willing to call in and vote. Think about it - there was only 2% separating them votewise the previous week. That was with Vonzell's votes factored in. So where were the vast majority of Vonzell's votes going to go? To the singer who was most like Vonzell (Carrie), or to the singer who was least like Vonzell (Bo)? Anyone who thinks that Bo was going to capture most of Vonzell's fan base isn't thinking clearly. Bo never had a chance.

I like Bo better, I think he's the better performer and the better singer, and I think he will have the better career. But Bo never had a chance.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-27-05, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Bo Never Had A Chance"
I've been Bo's and Vonzell's fanbase for weeks, with Bo ahead.

I did not vote for Carrie at all during her stint in the final
12, but I voted for Vonzell and Bo multiple weeks.

I think Bo won by not winning, a la Clay Aiken.

1simplyme 55 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1simplyme Click to send private message to 1simplyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
Carrie was Simon's chosen one from the very beginning. It's why they chose a group of not so good talent for her to compete against. Don't worry yourself over it. It's all up to Simon now and there is nothing anyone can do except to stop watching the show, which is what we decided to do once we recognized the trickery. We believe in good talent, we believe in may the best talent out of a group of great talent win. In this case there was no great talent.

Simply put, Simply me.

05-26-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
Simon doesn't produce the record. Randy doesn't produce the record. Clive Davis produces the record.

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-26-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
True...Clive Davis did allude to the fact that he was looking forward to making an album with Bo. It was a winning situation for Bo because now he will not be contractually bound by AI as Carrie will be for being crowned the winner. Perhaps this will give Bo more creative freedom of expression. Bo is Bo, and that does not include being a "pop" idol.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-26-05, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
I was under the impression that both finalists were contractually obligated to AI, not just the winner. I guess I was wrong.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved

05-26-05, 01:00 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 01:01 PM (EST)

Nope, the top 10 are all bound to AI for something like three years. Not being the winner, though, means that Bo probably isn't obligated to do the cheesy pop stuff and can go with his own style more easily.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

rnabring 54 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rnabring Click to send private message to rnabring Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
From what I understand, anyone who signs up to compete in AI is contractually (spelling?) bound by the producers...see the VH1 special on AI that aired a while back this winter.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Both great"
I, for one, think that they are both great singers and that really any of the final 3 would have been a worthy Idol. I supported Carrie and I'm glad she won, but Bo was a great performer as well. It's like apples and oranges, these two were very different contestants with very different fan bases. Personally, I DID think that Carrie outsung Bo on both of the original songs and her final night may have put her over the top. Bo was very good in his own right, but honestly would seem to have less teen appeal - which is where this contest is won and lost.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-26-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "I *love* these threads"
that complain about the outcome. They are predictable, and quite silly.

If Bo had won, we'd see outraged threads about how fixed it is that Carrie did not win.

I just have to giggle. Carrie won, she deserved it. Both will be huge successes. The conspiracy is how many drugs they give to Paula to make her "normal", and is Simon really a producer.

Funny people.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Alchemist 110 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Alchemist Click to send private message to Alchemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
Is anyone really surprised? Simon nudged the "Carrie is the ONE" so much this season that I think he would have self combusted had it not been her.

I don't know what the average ages of voters are, but if my daughter is any barometer it would be teen/twenties. I felt that Simon was influencing their votes but whatever works. He knows what sells and that age group is the one that will buy the cd's, she's a good singer but as far as the "it" factor, IMHO, she has a way to go. If I were buying cd's for my daughter I would much rather have her listening to Carrie rather then some of the "music" out there, but I'm just a parent who happens to make the final decision how my hard earned cash is spent.

Bo on the other hand has a place as a pretty good lead singer but I think him having more of a sense of self-identity not so easily made over into a pop idol, if you will.

All in all pretty much what it is, an opportunity to launch a singer with much fanfare and hype. Good luck to Carrie, may it be what it is.

Alchemist

05-26-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
Dweezil's absolutely right. Bo didn't stand a chance. Clearly, more people from Vonzie's camp went over to Carrie's camp than Bo's.

"Power concedes to nothing.....without a demand. But power won't
even concede to a demand, when that demand comes from a weak
constituency that lacks testicular fortitude." ~ Minister Louis Farrakhan

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "fan base"
A couple of days ago my little one was on "kidzworld" website (probably geared to 8-14 year olds). They had voted 70% for Carrie, 30% for Bo. Guess it shouldn't have been surprising. Little kids always prefer pretty blondes over bearded guys with long hair!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "It looked like...."
The Miss America Pageant at the end...all the girls hugging Carrie and she was crying and thanking everyone..I thought they were going to put a tiara on her give her a scepter and Burt Parks was going to start singing

I thought I would be okay with a Carrie win, but I was quite disappointed that Bo did not win...I know he will do fine and be Clay II but it just left it a bit hollow for me...

05-26-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
What I find funny is how people decry Simon's backing of Carrie, but make no mention of the fact that Randy was on Bo's jock from Day One. And how Clive all but told Bo he was going to be the winner. To me, what Clive said had waaay more influence than what Simon ever could say. But no one was cryin about that. Amazing.

"Power concedes to nothing.....without a demand. But power won't
even concede to a demand, when that demand comes from a weak
constituency that lacks testicular fortitude." ~ Minister Louis Farrakhan

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-26-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
<<To me, what Clive said had waaay more influence than what Simon ever could say>>

Ahh, to you perhaps, but not to the tweeners and teeners who have no idea who Clive Davis is.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
'zactly. All they care about is that Carrie is real pretty and she has shiny hair and sparkly eyes.

Bo was sunk unless every teen in the US suddenly had their television and phone privleges revoked for the time of the voting.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Bo will come out much better without winning anyway. Good for him.

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 03:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Carrie won????? {Thoughts on 'Vote For The Worst', and AI Vote Totals}"
Hey... I remember reading somewhere that immediately after Anthony Federov got kicked off, the Vote For The Worst community selected Carrie as their "champion".

Of course at that point there was only Carrie, Bo and Vonzell left, not to mention the fact that "worst" becomes highly subjective when examining this year's Top 3; so being crowned the worst wasn't exactly the biggest insult.

Now here' the thing, I know a rag-tag bunch of web-dweebs out to spoil everyone's fun could not possibly affect the final outcome of American Idol to any significant degree; but you have to wonder, if these people are as committed as they claim to be, with some of them text-messaging and calling up to 900 votes in all... do you think they might have actually been able to further the gap between Bo and Carrie? Enough so that FOX decided Ryan Seacrest should only mention the vote totals for the entire season, but not the totals for the actual finale itself?

For that matter, why didn't Seacrest mention the totals of the finale, as well as the percentage diff between the winner and the runner-up? I thought that was an AI staple.

Okay, back into semi-hibernation...

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
LAST EDITED ON 05-27-05 AT 09:13 AM (EST)

I don't know if I believe the show is rigged or not, but I do think the finale worked against Bo. The two original songs were completely horrible and not at all suited to Bo's musical strengths --- he did all right with them, the best he could for sure, but imagine how the finale could have turned out had he been given songs to work with that didn't sound so pre-pop manufactured. I mean, two pop-y type ballads??

I think maybe the reason Bo didn't appear as comfortable on stage as he usually did (not much running around, flipping the mike stand, etc) was because he had to work around two boring cheezy songs. They were better suited to Carrie's boring stilted style, who is uncomfortable on stage every week. Bo was getting better week by week and then was brought to a crashing halt by the lame songs in the finale. I'm disappointed for sure. Carrie has a great voice, but it would have been much more interesting and fun to have Bo as the next AI.

And also, I hate that they make them sing an old song from previous weeks as well in the finale -- why? Give them the opportunity to shine one last time with a new cover song.

phantomphan 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-27-05, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail phantomphan Click to send private message to phantomphan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Carrie won????? That's B.S"
I doubt the show is rigged, but I agree with shannabanna that the finale worked in Carrie's favor. Why couldn't they let them sing what they wanted to sing? Instead of some sappy ballad,
Bo probably would have won the show by singing "Sweet Home Alabama." They didn't let Bo be bo. I think if Bo would've won, they wouldn't have let Bo be bo, either.
In the end, it came down to "who can make a boring song interesting." I thought Bo was more interesting, but obviously America didn't....

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-27-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Bo has it better NOT winning"
LAST EDITED ON 05-27-05 AT 10:38 AM (EST)

Look on the bright side peeps...

Carrie is gonna be rushed into the spotlight and has to produce an album quickly. I think Carrie needs this because she needs to get steam for her second album.

But Bo is in a better postion, as he can take his time with his album (Clive said he IS going to make an album with him) and guess what? It's going to be a great album. Not rushed; more creative and calulated; and hopefully not manufactured by Randy.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Bo has it better NOT winning"
I totally see where you're coming from in your post and I definitely agree that Bo will be like Clay wherein he comes out better than the winner -- yes, his album will be more creative and less rushed, etc. He will still go on to have a career and make a great album. I know all that and yet..............

I still just *really* wanted him to have that AI title. <sigh.>

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •