The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who doesn't fit in?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-01, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who doesn't fit in?"
Ok - with what little stuff we know about the tribes and their members, I tried to come up with who I think might immediately brush people the wrong way or not fit in with their tribemates as possible early dismissals.

This is a dicey proposition at best because we know so little about them, but I'd rather do this than work so here we go.

Samburu (I think that's the name)

My immediate impression is that Brandon would not have many allies. As a gay makeup artist, I kind of think Frank (the NRA guy) and Silas (the bartender) might not take too well to Brandon. He doesn't appear to be particularly strong either (maybe he's really athletic?) Anyway - he seems a logical misfit with this particular tribe. If Frank is particularly outspoken or gruff - he could be one also.

Linda and Teresa seem to both be fit, bright women in the same age group - my guess would be they will either really get along or both try to assume the motherly role. Whoever loses that battle would be in trouble early on too.

Boran

Well even though she appears remarkably fit, I think the older Kim could be an early ouster.

Diane also seems a likely outcast. She's got that white trash look about her (takes one to know one...lol).

Clarence and Ethan have athletisicm on their side - Kel's early dismissal probably taught them something so they should be ok at first.

Lex is still remarkably hot so I am picking him to stay for awhile.

After reading their profiles/biographies - my sight unseen favorites are Linda, Lex, Ethan, Diane and Jessie. Personally, I think Jessie is probably the most beautiful contestant they've ever had.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who doesn't fit in? NightScribe 09-25-01 1
   RE: Who doesn't fit in? Lisapooh 09-25-01 2
 RE: Who doesn't fit in? jtmorgan61 09-25-01 3
 Authority Figures... Krautboy 09-25-01 4
   Remember Debb? Krautboy 09-28-01 5
       RE: Remember Debb? Mitrelleum 09-28-01 6
           Brandon/Silas/Frank managerr 10-02-01 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-25-01, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who doesn't fit in?"
Lisapooh -- Hi, NightScribe here -- I wouldn't count Mamma Kim out too soon. Something tells me she's strong, both mentally and physically. Remember, the early bootees from last season were folks who didn't play well with others. I sense something special about Mamma Kim, and am going out on a limb to say I think she'll be a formidable player.

You could be right about Brandon, although, it is altogether possible that the women will ally with him. He's a cute non-threatening make-up artist, so he may fit in with them should the women choose to ally with each other.

Look for the Boran tribe to be far more interesting than the Samburu.

NS

Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-01, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who doesn't fit in?"
Hey NightScribe - glad to have you with us! I hope you're right about MammaKim - she lasts long enough to get a nickname anyway!

She does look interesting. She and Diane were the only ones who jumped out at me from Boran. Tom did too but I have that big weight loss rumor stuck in my head regarding him. And then there's the Clarence is hospitalized thing.

I was thinking Boran looked like the better tribe too - just a cool mix of personalities...at least at first glance.

I am so ready for Oct. 11! Get your spoiling cap on - it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-25-01, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who doesn't fit in?"
Let's see... this is such pure speculation that I'm sure I'll be embarassed in hindsight, but I'm also looking to procrastinate, so here goes:

Generally, the first few dismissals last season were based on who didn't fit in personality-wise. Using physicality to predict was hit-and-miss at best.

Samburu...

Frank could be the Mike-type leader or he could be, well, too hard line and too driving and tossed early (See Nick in UK Survivor).

Brandon doesn't seem particularly physically adept. He also seems like a tribal mismatch if Frank isn't.

Teresa and Linda seem likely to bond, but I wonder about how mentally tough they are.

Boran...
Diane seems like a misfit... older, not in the best of shape, etc.

For some reason I think Jessie and Kelly aren't going to get along.

I agree with NS on KimJ... she looks like a very astute, kind personality player who is in much better shape than previous old contestants. Tina 2.

I don't see anyone who looks likely to be an Amber this season, which makes me happy.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-25-01, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Authority Figures..."
"Authority figures" did not seem to fit in well last season and were amoung the first to go.

Who were the "authority figures from last year? Deb: prison guard, Kel: military officer, Maralyn: retired police detective.

Who are the "authority figures" this season? Jessie: deputy sheriff, Kim Johnson: retired teacher.

While I will agree that Jessie is attractive she may be too pushy or controlling, teachers also like to have control, so same goes for Kim.

I think the early game of Survivor favors those who look, listen, and compromise. Those who try to take charge too early get the boot. I hope Jessie and Kim learned from SurvivorII.

Krautboy

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-28-01, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Remember Debb?"
Remember last season when Debb(the authority figure) took charge and tried to build a fire? Well here's a picture of Kim Johnson, this season's authority figure, doing the same thing...

Krautboy

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-28-01, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Remember Debb?"
I'm sure if any of these people watched the show this spring (whereas a handful of them listed Survivor as their favorite show) they would surely try not to be a "Debb" this year. I mean, most of the cast of S2 probably toned it down asbestos they could. My gut instinct tells me that a young female will be the first to go and/or the second. Diane is an iffy one. She seems to stick out like a sore thumb, but she's a potential Susan Hawk.

I hope you like my asbestos.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-02-01, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Brandon/Silas/Frank"
Actually I think the men might tend to keep Brandon around because he's non-threatening. MB wants the two stronger men in the trible to battle it out for the alpha male role. We saw it with BB and Joel and Colby and Kel. (Although it wasn't played much in the episodes, Kel noted that Colby always seemed to be turned off by Kel's offer to bond with him.) I saw we are more likely to see tension with Silas and Frank.

The outcasts are scheduled to get voted out eventually, but it's the physically weak links and tribe members that fail to take a leadership role that get booted first.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •