The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Luxury Items..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-01, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Luxury Items..."
I don't have time to list them right now, but some of them seem interesting... thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Luxury Items... SurvivorBlows 09-25-01 1
   State flags AyaK 09-25-01 2
       RE: State flags VampKira 09-27-01 19
   RE: Luxury Items... SherpaDave 09-25-01 3
       RE: Luxury Items... NightScribe 09-25-01 5
           RE: Luxury Items... ElitesTV 09-25-01 6
               RE: Luxury Items... SurvivorBlows 09-26-01 11
       RE: Antlers IceCat 09-26-01 8
       RE: Luxury Items... ulalame 09-27-01 18
   RE: Luxury Items... MakeItStop 09-25-01 4
       RE: Luxury Items... Mitrelleum 09-26-01 7
           RE: Frank and the Antlers... IceCat 09-26-01 9
               RE: Frank and the Antlers... SurvivorBlows 09-26-01 10
                   RE: Frank and the Antlers... Krautboy 09-26-01 12
                       RE: Frank and the Antlers... SurvivorBlows 09-26-01 13
                           Spear/Torch? Krautboy 09-26-01 14
                       RE: Frank and the Antlers... dabo 09-27-01 16
                           Future Challenge? Krautboy 09-27-01 17
                               RE: Future Challenge? dabo 09-27-01 20
                               RE: Future Challenge? SurvivorBlows 09-28-01 21
                                   Not a challenge Krautboy 09-28-01 24
 Clarence's "War Paint" Krautboy 09-27-01 15
   RE: Clarence's "War Paint" SurvivorBlows 09-28-01 22
       RE: Clarence's "War Paint" PepeLePew13 09-28-01 23
           RE: Clarence's "War Paint" Mitrelleum 09-28-01 25
           RE: Clarence's "War Paint" SurvivorBlows 09-28-01 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-25-01, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Luxury Items..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-01 AT 10:50 AM (EST)

Real quick...

- 3 different necklaces
- 1 toothbrush and toothpaste
- chapstick
- a set of deer antlers (WTF??? ...talk about asking for it, here come the PETA people again)
- aromatherapy ball (Huh?? Must be to get rid of "the ass smell")
- beach ball
- a pillow (you can do that?)
- face paints
- journal and pen
- hacky sack (guess they shot down the soccer ball)
- crochet needles and yarn
- paints and brush
- baby sneakers
- lucky charm

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-01, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "State flags"
First thought: MB learned his lesson from Colby last year. There is nothing that might double as being useful for shelter.

Second thought: MB also learned a lesson from Keith. There is nothing that might be useful for cooking.

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-27-01, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: State flags"
>>There is nothing that might double as being useful for shelter.<<

For the mos tpart I agree AK...But what about the crochet needles and yarn? I know it wouldn't make for good shelter..or would it? How much yarn is allowed? Enough to make a good sized blanket? Or not more than enough to make a lap blanket? I do know that when I crochet.. if I pull the loops tight enough, it does help ward off the elements.. (ie: baby hats, scarves, and lap blankets...) Just a thought...

"The trick is to keep breathing...." - Garbage

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska!

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-01, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Luxury Items..."
Coupla thoughts (and I'll try to keep them bash-free, but it's not easy).

Look for the deer antlers to somehow be the Texas flag of the season. Whoever is bringin' 'em has an idea of how they could be useful. I mean, really... deer antlers? Maybe they won't be more useful than serving as a clothes rack to dry stuff that's been washed, but I'm betting they get put into use.

Only one toothbrush? Y'know, I'd always kind of assumed that whoever brought toothbrushes before wound up sharing 'em. This means that only one tribe is gonna have minty fresh breath.

Paints and brush... look for that to be the coloring book of this season. I fully expect to see the results put up for auction on survivor<insert-the-artsy-fartsy-survivor's-name-here>.com for charity after the season is over.

Baby sneakers? Cute, but... if they get lost somehow, whoever brought 'em is gonna be seriously bummed. Shouldn't bring luxury items that mean too much, methinks. This one is a good example of why I'd tattoo pictures of my kids on my arms if ever I was on such a show.

And finally (sorry, I couldn't resist)... here's hoping whoever brought the lucky charm is magically delicious.

The eyes are gone, the logo's back. Looks like the time where we'll be expected to use less resource-intensive graphics are just around the corner. Whee!

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-25-01, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Luxury Items..."
Since we know that the contestants are required to have a list of luxery items when they apply, and that MB has the final say as to which they can bring (always something symbolic of the person's nature), we might be able to tell something about their personalities based on the luxery item.

pillow: maybe a cuddle bunny, snuggly, cute, soft, sweet. Or, maybe just lazy.

Aromatherapy ball: spiritual, into natural healing, probably into crystals and candles as well.

toothbrush & hacky sack: No brainers -- job related items.

Paints and Brush: artsy, whimsical, certainly something that can be shared and enjoyed by all.

deer antlers: this could be a touchy subject if there is anyone in the tribe who opposes hunting. One of the contestants is a gun lover, supporter of NRA. Is this the same guy bringing the antlers? Could cause some conflict, much like Kimmie/Mike-pig-killer conflict.

baby sneakers: sentimental, family-oriented

chapstick: Now here is someone who is practical! The desert heat has got to be murder on one's lips, and if you're like me, a day without chapstick is a day in hell itself. I like this guy already.

Necklaces? I dunno about this one -- I guess the contestants aren't allowed jewelry unless it's a luxery item??? This wasn't the case last season. I know for me that having special jewelry (especially from loved ones) is important, but I doubt I'd choose it as a LI.

I think chapstick boy will be ever-so-popular out there in Africa.

NightScribe

ElitesTV 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-25-01, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElitesTV Click to send private message to ElitesTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Luxury Items..."
>chapstick: Now here is someone who is practical! The
>desert heat has got to be murder on one's lips,
>and if you're like me, a day without chapstick is
>a day in hell itself. I like this guy already.

Well, what more can you expect from the gay ex-makeup artist?

>Necklaces? I dunno about this one -- I guess the
>contestants aren't allowed jewelry unless it's a luxery
>item???

Well, I could see a necklace being used to catch fish - the clasp and wire/fishing line... but otherwise, I can't see it being much use...

09-26-01, 02:54 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Luxury Items..."
>>Necklaces? I dunno about this one -- I guess the
>>contestants aren't allowed jewelry unless it's a luxery
>>item???
>
>Well, I could see a necklace
>being used to catch fish
>- the clasp and wire/fishing
>line... but otherwise, I can't
>see it being much use...
>

With the "dangerous water" situation we've heard about, would fishing be allowed?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Antlers"
Good point on the deer antlers (no pun intended)...

You could make a pretty serviceable hunting bow out of a set of antlers.

September 11, 2001

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-27-01, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Luxury Items..."
Yeah, and no razorblades. Hmmm....good thing Sean's not aboard.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-25-01, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Luxury Items..."
I also think the deer antlers will have some use. My first thought is they could be used as a hunting tool/weapon. Deer antlers do come to a point(s). I won't go into further detail because I don't want to be gruesome.

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-26-01, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Luxury Items..."

Just wanted to point out that the antlers belong to Frank. Luckily the vegetarian is on the other tribe. The vegetarian is Ethan. I already wonder if Ethan will have to compromise his morals when they will most likely eat bugs in Episode 2? A speculation of early bootee-ism?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Frank and the Antlers..."
from the CBS Tribe profiles:

An avid bow hunter and muskie fisherman, Frank Garrison...

I think we'll see Frank make a bow!

September 11, 2001

09-26-01, 02:53 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Frank and the Antlers..."
I thought one of the African newspaper articles stated that "unlike" S2, in S3 no hunting would be allowed?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-26-01, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Frank and the Antlers..."

Is this picture of Lex showing hunting, competition in a challenge, or just playing with a spear as a way of exploring the Kenyan culture?

Krautboy

09-26-01, 11:45 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Frank and the Antlers..."
I'd say a challenge, but MB has kept the challenges very similar in the first two shows, and I can't see anything in the first 9 days that would require a spear.

The following is from the challenge thread ( http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/1528.shtml )

S1 Ep 1: "Quest for Fire" (FIRE)
ref: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/show/episode1/challenges.shtml
S2 Ep 1: "Bridging the Gap" (FIRE)
ref: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor2/show/episode01/challenges.html

S1 Ep 2: "Buggin Out" (BUG EATING)
re: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/show/episode2/challenges.shtml
S2 Ep 2: "Tucker'd Out" (BUG EATING)
ref: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor2/show/episode02/challenges.html

S1 Ep 3: "Treasure Chest" (drag chest to shore TOGETHER)
ref: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/show/episode3/challenges.shtml
S2 Ep 3: "Lock Step" (run while tied TOGETHER)
ref: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor2/show/episode03/challenges.html

09-26-01, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Spear/Torch?"
It could be that the contestants have been given spears that double-function as TC torches.

Burnett may have felt that because of the more hostile environment he wanted the tribes "armed" with a weapon in the unlikely event of some kind of animal attack. Since their torches need to be transported to and from TC it would make sense to have the torch also be a weapon.

The fat end of the spear could be some kind of absorbent fabric that is soaked with kerosene and lit as a torch. The other pointed end, is for self defense.

Krautboy

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-01, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Frank and the Antlers..."
I'd say as well that this is probably a challenge, if you look where the spear is pointing behind Lex, there appears to be water reflecting light in the background. This also, of course, reminds me that spears and bows can be used in fishing.

09-27-01, 06:12 PM (EST)
17. "Future Challenge?"
If, as you and Webby suggest, this is a picture of Lex competing in a challenge, and the Episode 1 challenge is the "fire Carriage", then Lex must be pictured in a spear throwing challenge from some future episode.

So, Lex is also safe for Week 1.

Krautboy

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-01, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Future Challenge?"
Good point, but not much facial hair growth seen in this photo. I need to give this some more consideration.

09-28-01, 01:03 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Future Challenge?"
Unless he's changed the game challenges for S3 (maybe a less physical initial challenge in hoping to keep the older folks in?) I don't see this being from the Ep1 challenge. I agree, it looks like Lex might be safe.

09-28-01, 02:02 PM (EST)
24. "Not a challenge"
Take a look at the "Daily News Article" thread. It suggests that each castaway has a spear with their name on it. It is not clear whether they also function as TC torches, but it seems less likely that the picture of Lex is from a future challenge.

Krautboy

09-27-01, 04:37 PM (EST)
15. "Clarence's "War Paint""
Clarence brought face paint as his luxury item...

Yellow and black “war paint”.

Black and gray “war paint”.

I would assume that he wears it for the challenges as "War Paint".

These two pictures show different applications from two different occasions!?

Does this mean that Clarence is pictured preparing for two different challenges? If so, that would mean that he makes it to at least Episode 2, since Episode 1 only has one challenge!

These pictures and discussion are from one of the other boards and seemed worth sharing here.

The second picture is from detnews.com; a part of Clarences hometown Detroit coverage, so it may have slipped past Mark Burnett...

Clarence seems safe for Episode 1 and we can keep a watchful eye for his changing "War Paint" as a clue...

Krautboy

09-28-01, 01:09 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Clarence's "War Paint""
Kraut, nice info and train of thought, thanks for pointing it out...

I wonder where DetNews.com got the photo... it must be a wire service photo, I can't see them having a local journalist on location.

OK, so assuming Clarence ONLY wear's the paint for competitions (might he have worn it while transporting in?) Clarence would seem to be safe for Ep1.

That'd be two down (Lex, Clarence), only 13 more to eliminate...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-01, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Clarence's "War Paint""
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-01 AT 07:57 AM (EST)

Good job, Kraut... I'm sold on Clarence being safe for at least one week. It's certainly possible that he wears it any time he feels like it (i.e. wearing it during the tribal camp set-up to "fire himself up mentally" during the first day or two) but I feel it is more probable he does this only for reward/immunity challenges.

I'm not too sold, though, about Lex being safe based on the spear picture. There's too many variables and the lack of facial hair suggest that this is during the first episode only. Is it a spear fashioned from the TC torch, was it given to the tribes by MB to ward off any animals, was it given by MB to use as scavenging for food is at a premium, is it part of a multi-faceted IC along with the burning carriage, ah hell who knows what it's used for??

Edited to replace 'challenge' with 'carriage' in the last sentence... sorry, coffee hasn't kicked in fully yet

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-28-01, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Clarence's "War Paint""
I have to admit, there have been alot of Lex pictures. I hope that doesn't mean anything.

09-28-01, 06:26 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Clarence's "War Paint""
Clarence might not be so safe... there's a chance that one of the pictures of him was taken during a non-challenge situation when the survivor's were using Kim's paints (not Clarence's war paint) to paint each other one afternoon.

...if I had to guess, I'd say the photo with the yellow warpaint is actually from the scene described in the below link

See:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/1550.shtml

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •