The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What a letdown"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-25-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What a letdown"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 09:58 AM (EST)

Did anyone else think that last night's show was really horrible?

I watched rooting for BOTH Bo and Carrie and was more and more un-impressed with both of them. BOTH of them were off pitch most of the night and Carrie was just a mess. I have never seen her more nervous. Last night was NOT the night to get nervous. Bo was nervous too, but I think he did a better job at hiding it.

I absolutely HATED the original songs and 1/2 way through each of them, I went into the kitchen til they were over.

Sorry if this is a duplicate. I looked and looked and wasn't able to find a thread on this...

--Donna :~)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What a letdown newsomewayne 05-25-05 1
 RE: What a letdown niteowl 05-25-05 2
   RE: What a letdown DonnaLynn 05-25-05 3
       RE: What a letdown ElroyJetson 05-25-05 4
       RE: What a letdown nailbone 05-25-05 5
           RE: What a letdown DonnaLynn 05-25-05 6
               RE: What a letdown Tahj 05-25-05 12
                   RE: What a letdown DonnaLynn 05-25-05 14
                       RE: What a letdown CattyChat 05-25-05 15
                           I really agree with you.. tamarama 05-25-05 17
                               RE: I really agree with you.. CattyChat 05-25-05 18
                       Something touring singers DON'T dea... tamarama 05-25-05 16
                           RE: Something touring singers DON'T... geg6 05-25-05 21
                               food poisoning... tamarama 05-25-05 22
                                   RE: food poisoning... ginger 05-25-05 25
                                       ah, the chin... tamarama 05-25-05 26
                                           RE: ah, the chin... ginger 05-25-05 28
       RE: What a letdown Wingbob 05-25-05 9
       Carrie's Stance samboohoo 05-25-05 10
 RE: What a letdown seahorse 05-25-05 7
   Agree Breezy 05-25-05 8
 RE: What a letdown CattyChat 05-25-05 11
 final show almost always is lovwigglesworth 05-25-05 13
 The real question Breezy 05-25-05 19
   RE: The real question CattyChat 05-25-05 20
       Careful with the VCR... tamarama 05-25-05 23
           RE: Careful with the VCR... CattyChat 05-25-05 27
   RE: The real question theking0075 05-25-05 24
   RE: The real question okaychatt 05-25-05 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-25-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What a letdown"
Have you ever done the Safety Dance?

Exorcised by Syren, 2005

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-25-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What a letdown"
I was watching with someone who hasn't seen many of the shows. I found myself saying "oh his/her voice is really much better than this" over and over. I got tired of defending them. If last night was the first time I'd seen either of them, I would have preferred Bo. Carrie was straining through every song. Bo didn't get to use his "deep Southern rock voice". Yeah, it was a real letdown.

05-25-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What a letdown"
It's funny you say that. My husband will not watch this show with me so I usually Tivo it and watch later but he had class last night so I watched it live and it was 10 mins into the show when he came home and he didn't ask me to change the channel so we watched together. He commented over and over how he couldn't believe these were the final two. He really criticized Carries "stance" during her final song which was really tacky and he didn't like Bo winking and making the hand gesture which he seems to make all the time. He really thought that at this stage of the contest that they should have sounded much more professional than they did.

Again, I was expecting to be "wowed" last night and I did not get that at all... It was neat to watch the show with someone who hasn't really heard much about these two and had never seen the show to see what an impartial person really thought about it...

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What a letdown"
I think they are both extremely talented. I think of it like the Super Bowl. Two really good teams that usually play 1 pretty crappy game.

-- Elroy Jetson

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What a letdown"
The word is that they both had bad colds last night and it affected both performers.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

05-25-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
6. "RE: What a letdown"
Whitney Houston, Kenny Chesney, John Mellencamp have ALL performed with "really bad colds" but you couldn't tell. They gave it all they had for their fans. Bo and Carrie need to learn that they have to give each fan their money's worth everytime. (If, in fact, they really were sick.)

Besides, I doubt this was the problem as everytime Carrie got to the higher notes she belted them out, it was the lower ones she was really off on. Same thing for Bo. He was able to hit a lot of the notes right on, but others he wasn't able to nail either. Didn't appear to be a "cold" problem.

Then again, I wasn't there...

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-25-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What a letdown"
Sure they did, but they didn't have to do it week after week with a grueling schedule. This is hard work and I'm sure it very wearing on them. Really, I can't imagine the strain on them.

Moves courtesy of Syren

05-25-05, 02:55 PM (EST)
14. "RE: What a letdown"
>Sure they did, but they didn't
>have to do it week
>after week with a grueling
>schedule. This is hard
>work and I'm sure it
>very wearing on them.
>Really, I can't imagine the
>strain on them.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if you've ever seen a summer tour schedule for a hot entertainer. For example: I saw Kenny Chesney in concert May 6th. In his words, he usually gets to the venue at around 2:30pm for a sound check and he get's on stage at about 9:15. He played for almost 2 hours straight. Now, he does this same thing 4-5 days a week for months on end. How can you compare this to American Idol? The idols only have to sing 1-3 songs ONCE a week! This man sings for almost 2 hours straight 4-5 days a week! Not to mention that he puts on one heck of a show which must be extremely exhausting. There are many many other artists who perform nearly every night.

Heck, take a look at the Broadway and off-Broadway show schedules. These people are the real heros. They generally do 10 shows a week with only ONE day off! They have to be really really sick to get time off.

Carrie and Bo cannot use the excuse that they had a cold. A few years back I remember John Mellencamp did an interview during one of his tours and at the time he was pretty sick. He was asked something like "when you're this sick do you do a laid back show?" and he replied something close to "I give it my all every single night. My fans waited in line and bought tickets to see a show. They deserve every ounce of energy I can possibly give them."

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-25-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What a letdown"
Harsh. Give these two a break, especially Carrie who is new to this whole thing and has never performed before. Once they are "seasoned" performers and have had the training on how to save & protect their voice and deal with the nonstop schedule, etc THEN you can criticize them so harshly.

Even "seasoned" performers have problems with their voices, illnes and EXHAUSTION and have had to cancel or postpone tours.

I give them their props -- it takes guts, heart and a heck of a lot of talent to do what they have been doing AND thick skin to deal with people criticizing them on every little tiny minute detail.

No one is perfect and I don't recall either Bo or Carrie showing any kind of holier-than-thou attitudes. They both seem HUMBLE and like great people who both would make greatrole models.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-25-05, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "I really agree with you.."
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

Hi Catty Chat -- I really agree with the substance of your post, but need to comment on this:

<<Carrie who is new to this whole thing and has never performed before.>>

"Brief Bio: Carrie Underwood has been singing since she was very young, and recorded her first studio album at 13. At the time she auditioned for American Idol, Carrie was a senior at Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, Oklahoma.

Carrie is no stranger to the stage, and has performed at a variety of festivals throughout the south. She and her band, the Star Rise Band, have opened for Diamond Rio, The Wilkinsons, Exile, Gene Watson, Billy Hoffman, and Earl Thomas Conley. Carrie has recorded a demo in Nashville."
(Reality News Online's profile on the final 2: http://www.foxesonidol.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article1735.art&page=1 )

So really, she's just as experienced as Bo.

(edited to say -- WELCOME Catty Chat!!)

05-25-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I really agree with you.."
My bad. I was under the wrong impression that she had no formal training and maybe just performed at local school, county fairs of her tiny, tiny town. Am surprised she still seems to shell-shocked on stage with all that experience.

Thanks for the bio.

Either way, love them both and hope they both go on to big success.

05-25-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Something touring singers DON'T deal with..."
Sure, touring artists do more shows per week, but they have a set program that they develop & rehearse before they go out on tour...

These people are learning new material each week, which is mentally exhausting.

They are also in a competition, which is - I'm sure - also exhausting.

Singing is very psychological, and if you're nervous or upset, that can screw up your performance more than a cold.

FWIW, I think they both had attacks of nerves, not colds. Nerves can fark up your breathing, which can make you scream, or mess with your pitch, or any number of things.

(BTW, a Broadway run is typically 8 shows over 6 days, and yes, it's gruelling. 2-show days suck.)

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Something touring singers DON'T deal with..."
Word was that supposedly Bo had food poisoning this past week. I don't have a reference, but I'm sure I saw it in several online recaps.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

05-25-05, 04:47 PM (EST)
22. "food poisoning..."
Yeah I saw that on TWOP, they said Ryan Seacrest mentioned it on his radio show...but I was hesitant to post it...I thought maybe someone on this board heard the actual radio show.

Word is he was actually throwing up backstage between numbers.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: food poisoning..."
That nefarious Constantine...such a sore loser!

Bet he hit the arsenic pills in his chin.

05-25-05, 05:00 PM (EST)
26. "ah, the chin..."
which one?

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: ah, the chin..."
The first one. He keeps his wallet in the second.

And perhaps some chewing gum.

Wingbob 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-25-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wingbob Click to send private message to Wingbob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What a letdown"
>He
>really criticized Carries "stance" during
>her final song which was
>really tacky and...

I call that the AI Squat. Most of the female finalists this year
did a variation. I think they would be better served just walking around the stage.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Carrie's Stance"
I thought she was pretty stiff during the last song too.

Icey bounced my Dicey

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What a letdown"
When you force contestants to sing new songs that are not to their choosing, it will always be like this.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Agree"
Once it's down to the top 5 they should start working with them and writing originals songs for each and with each of the contestants.

05-25-05, 02:06 PM (EST)
11. "RE: What a letdown"
I was also disappointed. First of all, I wasn't impressed by the 2 original songs by either of them. They each had good & bad throughout their performance of the songs. Have to give them credit for learning 2 brand new songs with nothing to model their version by, though.

As Simon said, Carrie should have sung Crying again -- that was her best performance, by far, and a difficult song to sing. I think Carrie's big problem was nerves. Also, Simon also was right when he warned her to pace herself with her power vocals, that she was straining.

IMHO, Simon always hits the nail right on the head and is dead-on right almost all the time.

I was looking forward to the best AI showdown since Ruben/Clay and thought this one would be better by leaps and bounds and i was sooo disappointed.

Oh, well. I know they both will be successful and I intend to buy both their albums -- I only hope that Carrie sticks to "cross-over" or, as Clive put it "country-pop." I don't care for country music, but love Carrie's voice. And Bo is just great and I can't wait to see how AI promotes him as a solo artist, rather than lead of a rock band.

As an aside, I'm hoping Nadia & Anwar get deals somewhere too. Nadia kicks a*@ as a performer, Anwar's voice is absolutely beautiful, to go along with his face. And, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I really liked Constantine too -- especially after My Funny Valentine & Bohemian Rhapsody -- he is great, just needs to reel in the lovemaking to the camera.

That's all.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-25-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "final show almost always is"
In my opinion, the final show is almost always somewhat of a letdown because of the single songs they are forced to sing. It is hard to get into a song you have never heard before, let alone that the person has not had a lot of time to prepare themselves. I don't think they should have these single songs in the final competition show. If they want to showcase the song, let them sing it in the finale results show the next night.
The only final show I thought was good was the Ruben/Clay one, because they sang really good known songs for two out of three that were not repeats. We still had to suffer through their horrible single songs (who picks these singles, really?), but on a whole this was a good show.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "The real question"
Is anyone going to actually watch the whole two hours tonight. It's up against Lost's finale. I won't watch, I'll just check here after Lost to see who won.

05-25-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The real question"
I can't wait to see Lost BUT I will be taping Lost, so I can watch intently, rewind, pause and give it all of my intention.

So, I'll half watch the results show "live" tonight while getting stuff done and then shut out the world and watch Lost afterwards.

05-25-05, 04:48 PM (EST)
23. "Careful with the VCR..."
Lost is 2 hours tonight!!

05-25-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Careful with the VCR..."
Yeah, I wish it were at least double that. I don't want the season to end!!! I already plan on being totally frustrated when it's over.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-25-05, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The real question"
I plan on only watching the last 5 minutes.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-25-05, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: The real question"
<Is anyone going to actually watch the whole two hours tonight

I won't be watching. I just can't take the cheese Seacrest will dish out, along with the annoying group sings I fear will occur.

Instead, I'll be watching the other dose of major cheese - the Amber Frey special.

(I know - I should have given Lost a try. I'll catch the reruns. Promise.)

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •