The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Questions RE current spoilers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-18-01, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Questions RE current spoilers"
Hello, I've been lurking around these boards since the middle of the first season, but didn't have anything to post until now. I've been reading up on all of the spoilers out there for SIII, and have a couple of comments/questions some of you seasoned spoilers may be able to answer.

Some of the spoilers I've read about concern weight loss, folks being tanner than a few months ago, and braids (specifically Lindsay and Diane came back with them). These spoilers are being considered on surviiivor.com.

We know that contestants aren't allowed to return home until the show is over, so many of them travel. Who is to say that someone booted in the first few episodes isn't out there suntanning on some beach somewhere? Does a tan necessarily mean that one has had a long stay in the game? Same thing with this braid issue. Who is to say that these women weren't traveling together and decided to get braids? Mitchell and Maralyn both got tatoos after their boot, but it couldn't tell us when they were ejected from the game.

Weight loss, on the other hand, as well as facial hair, is a good indicator of a long stay, but these other issues seem less like spoilers. Am I wrong? Instruct me.

NightScribe

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Questions RE current spoilers janisella 09-18-01 1
 Welcome Aboard, NightScribe... IceCat 09-18-01 2
 RE: Questions RE current spoilers sleeeve 09-18-01 3
   RE: Questions RE current spoilers MakeItStop 09-19-01 6
       RE: Questions RE current spoilers PepeLePew13 09-19-01 7
 RE: Questions RE current spoilers SherpaDave 09-19-01 4
 RE: Questions RE current spoilers PepeLePew13 09-19-01 5
   RE: Questions RE current spoilers NightScribe 09-19-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-18-01, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Questions RE current spoilers"
No scribe (is it ok if we call you scribe?), you're not wrong. Something like braids may indicate a person not making it to the end and having time to get braids after being booted (or it may indicate nothing at all if even the winner ended up with time to sightsee afterward). On the other hand, if, for instance, one of our spoilers happens on some information that two people get braids done as part of a reward challenge in a certain episode, braids may serve as a clue that those two make it at least that far. We've learned not to necessarily value or discount any information at first glance. Some of our spoilers are excellent detectives.

Since Mark Burnett gave us so many red herrings in S1 and S2, we found that some of our valuable spoiler information came from bootee and family member interviews (who got to know who well, weight loss, etc.).

Try not to be so silent in the future.

J.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-18-01, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Welcome Aboard, NightScribe..."
Your perception is, in my estimation, correct. THE most reliable spoiler info from last season was weight loss!

It will be interesting to see what info sources will turn up this year.

Once again... welcome aboard, NightScribe!

September 11, 2001

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-18-01, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Questions RE current spoilers"
I agree with you, in part, so let me try to explain why these things are being thrown around.

First: The facial hair could be a spoiler, but people are given time to shave after they leave the savannah, EVEN IF THEY ARE IN THE FINAL TWO... while facial hair *could* indicate that a person went far in the game, it's not a fool-proof spoiler... who's to say that someone booted off pre-merge chose to not shave while they were travelling in Boca Raton...

Second: Weight Loss... possibly the most important spoiler that we can get pre-show. Weight loss is almost impossible to hide, and is proportional to time spent on the show (since people don't tend to starve themselves once they are voted out).

This brings us to the "questionable" spoilers:

Braids... these are not a spoiler of length in the game, but *could* be a spoiler predicting an early boot... to have a person's hair *completely* braided could take a long time... thus, people with braided hair (i.e: Lindsey) would have to have had time to travel... also, it's unlikely that the producers would authorize braids for jury members (since they want a person's appearance to be approximately the same as when they were booted, although they will allow people to shave and "clean up", since this presents a dramatic visual at TC.

Tanning has no relevence to length of stay on the show, for the reasons that you present...

So, why are braids and tans considered important...

Well, remember how the list was discovered... it was a list of names without identifying the specific people associated with the names... thus braids, weight loss, tans, and length of "vacation" are being considered to try to pinpoint the specific people associated with the names...

In other words, a person that returns from a 45 day "vacation" that is tanned and has lost weight is a likely contestant... however a person that has returned from a vacation, but has had no significant change in their body is not as likely to have been on the show.

Also, if someone IS a contestant and returns with NO tan, it could indicate an early eviction.

In any case, all evidence is being considered, and filed away for when it may be useful... you never know what little piece of information might lead to the spoiler of the century.

Hope that helps.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-19-01, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Questions RE current spoilers"
Braids... these are not a spoiler of length in the game, but *could* be a spoiler predicting an early boot... to have a person's hair *completely* braided could take a long time... thus, people with braided hair (i.e: Lindsey) would have to have had time to travel

I just want to point out that it only takes a few hours to have one's hair completely braided. So I would think, that anyone, even the winner (not that I'm saying Lindsey is the winner because I agree she probably goes early), would have time to have their hair braided.

Welcome aboard NightScribe!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-01, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Questions RE current spoilers"
Quite right... let's not forget that people such as Maralyn and Bitchell bonded after leaving the show early... who's to say that Lindsey didn't bond with someone who also left early and they travelled together around Africa and did each other's hairs? Yes, it *could* lead to a potential spoiler in some way once we see the show to indicate which episode Lindsey would get the boot -- right now, there's no way to know if it means anything at all.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-01, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Questions RE current spoilers"
Hey NS,

Others already gave excellent answers, so I won't go into that. Just wanted to send a welcome your way. Hope to see more of you during the upcoming season.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-01, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Questions RE current spoilers"
I'd like to welcome you as well, NightScribe... Don't be afraid to throw anything out there as you'll never know what it might lead to. I'm not someone who would take a tiny sliver of information and turn it into a great spoiler... but what I can do is something like throw in a thought or two to something that has already been presented, and then someone else might take my thought, combine it with what's already out there, and then turn it into a spoiler. Happy to contribute that way, if it does happen.

So... welcome to our community and look forward to seeing more of your inquiring mind on here!

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-19-01, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Questions RE current spoilers"
Thank you for the insight. While I'm thinking about possible spoilers having to do with appearance, I'd like to remind everyone just how weatherd/leathered Tina became during her stay in Australia. She must have aged 15 years while she was there.
Thank you for the welcome, and I look forward to a fun season.
NightScribe

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •