The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ghosthunters"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ghosthunters"
I can't be the only person around here addicted to this show. I always used to watch Scariest Places on Earth on Fox Family and this show puts it to shame(there were a couple of new episodes shown over Halloween, so they show may be back in production). Real scientific, obejctive study of a fascinating subject - it has ruined all the other 'ghost' shows for me.

I don't know if I believe in ghosts, I am definitely a skeptic - but this show certainly challenges those preconceptions and makes you think, and is very entertaining in the meantime.

So do you watch? Did you see the Halloween special? Brian came crawling back to a very mixed reception. I, for one, am glad to see 'Dude, run' return - he is hysterically harmless and well-meaning, but sometimes woefully incompetent. He keeps the show interesting, for sure.

They even sell the "Dude, run" hat on their website. I'm sure THAT would raise a lot of question marks over people's heads.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ghosthunters Red_Dobie 11-07-05 1
 RE: Ghosthunters CouchTater 11-14-05 2
   RE: Ghosthunters Red_Dobie 11-15-05 3
   RE: Ghosthunters PagongRatEater 11-16-05 4
       RE: Ghosthunters CouchTater 11-16-05 5
           RE: Ghosthunters engaged 11-17-05 6
       RE: Ghosthunters CouchTater 11-19-05 7
           RE: Ghosthunters PagongRatEater 11-19-05 8
           RE: Ghosthunters Red_Dobie 11-20-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Red_Dobie 731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-07-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red_Dobie Click to send private message to Red_Dobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ghosthunters"
You're not the only one watching. A few weeks back they had a marathon Ghost Hunters day and I got hooked. I believe they might be doing the same thing tomorrow (showing the first season).

it has ruined all the other 'ghost' shows for me.

Yup, I feel the same way. We were watching Most Haunted over the weekend and were laughing the whole time...not scary at all compared to Ghost Hunters.

Did you see the Halloween special?

Yes! Gave up an hour of MNF to watch. Seems like the entire town could have been an entire season.

The most interesting show was the one in Arkansas(?) where they discovered the "civil war solidier" on the thermal. THAT was spooky.

I read on their website that there are 10 new shows coming. Nice to know there is someone here watching too!

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-14-05, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ghosthunters"
Is this the show with the plumbers by day?

If so, I watched the show a few times and got pissed off cause the show was more about their private lives, like a family barbeque, in fighting, and what not, with a real lack of actual ghost hunting. Maybe it's changed, but I was rather dissapointed. the Most Haunted show is just a joke. It had some moments on the live Halloween show, but I got bored with that as well. I really like Scariest Places and also on discovery they have these real ghost story re-enactments, which are really good. They just aren't live reality ghost hunts.

11-15-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red_Dobie Click to send private message to Red_Dobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ghosthunters"
The interaction between the team members is one of my favorite parts of the show. These are real people, with real jobs. They aren't slick hosts or actors "recreating" stuff.

I just watched the show from the first season where Frank the sound guy got bowled over. Spooky stuff.

We tried to watch the Most Haunted Halloween special and ended up turning it off because it was so boring.

11-16-05, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ghosthunters"
There were a handful of episodes where their personal life was part of the story but by and large it isn't. And with the exception of the one guy leaving the team and then coming back, it hasn't been part of this season at all.

I think that they want us to be personally vested in the people in the show as well as the search for paranormal activity. So, we can enjoy the folks and the way that they interplay, but also get some very real and convincing investigation of paranormal activity without having to just defer to someone's "feelings" or "orbs" (read as dust/bugs) as we so often do. If they can't PROVE it, they don't say it's haunted. I'm a pretty big skeptic and I have to admit that they have captured some stuff that has impressed me. The challenge is sometimes they go 1 or 2 shows without finding any real solid evidence.

It really is the best of the ghost investigative shows out there because they rely on verifiable proof to actually make (or not) their case. I can't wait for the next batch of episodes.

I already know you don't, but I REALLY want to believe you look like the Pringles guy. J Slice

11-16-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ghosthunters"
Well, maybe I'll give them another try. Maybe I just found them when those particular shows aired and formed my impression from that. You know how you watch a show and if it doesn't grabe you right away, you give up them. That's probably what happened here. I really like these type of shows and would love to find one that really grabs my attention.

engaged 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-17-05, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail engaged Click to send private message to engaged Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ghosthunters"
"I really like these
>type of shows and would
>love to find one that
>really grabs my attention."

me too :d

11-19-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Ghosthunters"
> If they can't
>PROVE it, they don't say
>it's haunted. I'm a
>pretty big skeptic and I
>have to admit that they
>have captured some stuff that
>has impressed me. The
>challenge is sometimes they go
>1 or 2 shows without
>finding any real solid evidence.

So, last week there were 4 shows on in a row and I taped and watched them. I have to admit that it they did more ghost debunking /hunting than in those original shows that I watched. What I kind of don't get though is why they only set up for one night? I think to be really scientific; they should set the equipment up for at least a couple of days. Granted, they can't do that in some of the places they've gone to, like museums, but still, at many other's they could, like the battle ship.

I lived on a haunted property where many people had experiences; residents and guests. But those particular instances were experienced only by younger women. Some women saw the entity and some only felt it, like a being touched and what not. What ever was there would only show itself or mess with a particular type of person and not all the time either. So, if I were to do this scientifically, I wouldn't just say a place was probably haunted or not based solely on one night's set up.

I will be watching from now on though, it's still interesting for the most part even if many times they don't get anything or if they don't even get a chance to spend much time in a particular place.

11-19-05, 11:49 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Ghosthunters"
Glad you enjoyed it, but I totally agree. I wish that they would spend more than one night on their investigations and I don't know why they don't. Even Jason and Grant admit that there just may not have been any activity that night and there actually may be activity there that they just didn't capture.

My guess is that it's a TV thing that allows them to do multiple investigations in one show and still have some good quality research on those sites.

I already know you don't, but I REALLY want to believe you look like the Pringles guy. J Slice

11-20-05, 03:15 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ghosthunters"
I wish they could spend more time at sites too. In the Halloween show, I would have liked them to go back a second night and try to recapture the little ghost that was hiding behind the pool table. It drove my DH crazy that they didn't investigate that further.

I'm looking forward to the next 10 shows and (hopefully) a third season.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •