The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Predictions?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

phantomphan 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-25-05, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail phantomphan Click to send private message to phantomphan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Predictions?"
Who do you guys think will win? Most of us want Bo, but who do you think has it?
I want- Bo
But I think Carrie will win it...

What do u guys think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Predictions? Former CBSer 05-25-05 1
 RE: Predictions? geekboy 05-25-05 2
   RE: Predictions? phantomphan 05-25-05 3
       RE: Predictions? dragonflies 05-25-05 4
   RE: Predictions? samboohoo 05-25-05 5
       RE: Predictions? theking0075 05-25-05 9
           RE: Predictions? nailbone 05-25-05 16
   RE: Predictions? zazzy 05-25-05 11
 RE: Predictions? seahorse 05-25-05 6
   RE: Predictions? zazzy 05-25-05 10
 RE: Predictions? nailbone 05-25-05 7
   RE: Predictions? Ricky 05-25-05 8
       Carrie will pull the upset Flairmarq 05-25-05 12
           RE: Carrie will pull the upset nailbone 05-25-05 17
           RE: Carrie will pull the upset geg6 05-25-05 28
               RE: Carrie will pull the upset halfpintlemon 05-25-05 34
       RE: Predictions? JOSHIDOL 05-25-05 13
           RE: Predictions? nailbone 05-25-05 18
 RE: Predictions? Loquatrix 05-25-05 14
   RE: Predictions? Bravegirl 05-25-05 15
       RE: Predictions? JOSHIDOL 05-25-05 19
       RE: Predictions? zazzy 05-25-05 20
       RE: Predictions? zazzy 05-25-05 21
           RE: Predictions? Bravegirl 05-25-05 22
 I wish Bo, but it will probably be ... lovwigglesworth 05-25-05 23
   RE: I wish Bo, but it will probably... Snidget 05-25-05 26
       And the ones voting for Bo... tamarama 05-25-05 27
 RE: Predictions? Tahj 05-25-05 24
   RE: Predictions? nailbone 05-25-05 25
 RE: Predictions? jaiwhe 05-25-05 29
   RE: Predictions? geg6 05-25-05 30
 RE: Predictions? tamarama 05-25-05 31
   RE: Predictions? TODDLJ 05-25-05 35
   RE: Predictions? Dot 05-25-05 36
 RE: Predictions? Roo 05-25-05 32
 Bo TeamJoisey 05-25-05 33
 AOL poll now a dead heat Snidget 05-25-05 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Former CBSer 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-25-05, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Former%20CBSer Click to send private message to Former%20CBSer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Predictions?"
I am pulling for Carrie. I think she would make the better Idol and Bo would do better on his own. They are both great singers.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-25-05, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Predictions?"
I'm with you phantomphan.

I want Bo to win, i think Carrie will win though. I can't logically explain it, its just a gut feeling.

Either way, I think Bo will outsell and outshine Carrie. I have to disgree w/ Simon. I strongly feel that Bo will outsell ALL other idols.

geekboy

phantomphan 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail phantomphan Click to send private message to phantomphan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Predictions?"
Bo and Carrie will both be famous with or without the title of American Idol. But i agree w/geekboy that Bo will out sell all of the previous Idols.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-25-05, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Predictions?"
Agree with geekboy & phantomphan

another syren masterpiece

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Predictions?"
I agree. Bo's is the first AI CD that I will buy.

Icey bounced my Dicey

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-25-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Predictions?"
>I agree. Bo's is the
>first AI CD that I
>will buy.
>

Me Too!

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Predictions?"

Well, I can't say that because I have Kelly's first CD. But I will DEFINITELY be buying any of Bo's CDs.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-25-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Predictions?"
I agree that Bo will outsell the other idols...if they let him do the right kind of music.

I liked Kelly in the first year but they pop-starred her after she won so the music that she did on the show has not been what has been offered. So I have not bought any of Kelly's music.

Please, record producers, and Simon, if that is you--please let Bo be Bo!!! We want the 70's rock redone by Bo! Not some written for AI songs that are not his genre.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Predictions?"
I think Bo will win it. He has led in the most recent polls taken on AOL etc.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

05-25-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Predictions?"
Bo for the win.

And does anyone recall the mysterious poster who posted a few weeks back that this year a guy would win but don't ask them how they knew, they already said too much....or something like that?

Was Simon's nod to Carrie a reverse psychology move?

Or does Simon really think Carrie would win?

Or was it to sell a few extra thousand albums no matter whether Carrie wins or not? So if Bo wins, then he can say that Carrie was as much a winner, etc., etc..

Those who are saying they think Carrie will win, but would want Bo to win....are you saying that to prepare yourself in case Carrie does win...or do you really think Carrie will win?

Also sign me up to buy Bo's songs--I'll probably do it through itunes but I will buy nonetheless.

05-25-05, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Predictions?"
i want Bo to win, but based on the songs last night, I think Carrie will win. The two "original songs" seemed more geared to Carrie than Bo.

Although, I did hear something this morning about the chance that they'll declare a statistical dead heat and declare them both winners. And since they have such distinctly different styles, this won't be a bad thing.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-25-05, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Predictions?"
I am the polar opposite of you.

I want Carrie to win, but I think Bo will win.

There's no way they can delcare a dead heat. Last weeks vote came down to 2% differnce. They have to declare a winner (even though they'll both be famous).

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-25-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Carrie will pull the upset"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 10:43 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 10:42 AM (EST)

My pick is for Carrie to win it, and here is why...

1) We had a lot of new viewers last night as there was nothing on the other networks at the same time as Idol. Carrie did a better job last night than Bo.

2) There were less then 2% of the votes dividing Bo and Carrie. Bo's fans are vocal, which makes you think he has a lot of support. I think Carrie fans are more quiet.

3) Country sells more than rock. Country fans will vote for Carrie.

4) Carrie is in trouble, and more Carrie fans have a tendancy to vote more often than Bo fans, who vote once and are satisified he is going to win.

I like Bo. I think he is going to be very successful, but for the betterment of his career, I don't want him to win. Why? Because I don't want Randy producing his album and I think Bo needs to take the process slower to make a better album. Carrie is still young and giving her a already produced hit is something she needs to start off her career.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

05-25-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Carrie will pull the upset"
Bo's fans are vocal, which makes you think he has a lot of support. I think Carrie fans are more quiet.

A radio DJ that was at the show said the crowd was about 70% Bo, 30% Carrie.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Carrie will pull the upset"
>3) Country sells more than rock.
>Country fans will vote for
>Carrie.

I don't get where this comes from. There is not a single country artist in the top 25 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart or in the top 20 of the Album chart. Not one. However, there are many rockers mixed in with the pop/R&B/rap.

The album chart lists the Dave Matthews Band, Weezer, Nine Inch Nails, Bruce Springsteen, the Killers, and Green Day in the top 20. The singles chart has the Killers, Green Day, and 3 Doors Down in the top 25. I would think that if country outsold rock there would be a country act or two in the hot 100 or in the top album sales.

Just sayin'.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

halfpintlemon 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-25-05, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail halfpintlemon Click to send private message to halfpintlemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Carrie will pull the upset"
Green Day's not really rock though. More pop than rock.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-25-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Predictions?"
I think Bo will win and he should. My reason is he is a much better performer. Also, if you noticed the song "Inside your Heaven" is the song that will be released on the radio. Now who did a better rendition of that song? Bo won that one. I think he has a much bigger fan base and I personally do not think it is as close as they are saying. Remember last year they said Diana and Fantasia were so close now you hear this year it was a landslide. We will see tonight but my money is on Bo.

05-25-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Predictions?"
Also, if you noticed the song "Inside your Heaven" is the song that will be released on the radio. Now who did a better rendition of that song? Bo won that one.

Bo did do a better job of it last night, but I really would rather hear Carrie singing that song over and over and over and over again on the radio. I wanna hear more rock/blues stuff from Bo.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-25-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Predictions?"
Is the voting still open?

Bravegirl 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-25-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Predictions?"
"3) Country sells more than rock"

Can that possibly be true??? I've never bought a country CD!

I'm rooting for Bo. Even though the last song Carrie did last night was amazing, her first song was TERRIBLE!! The second not much better. Bo has been consistantly great. Ever notice how much the audience loves him??? He is the better performer (Carrie looks like a wooden doll up there) and he would be a fantastic American Idol.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Predictions?"
Bravegirl,
I agree with you 100%. Bo is the better performer. OK, some people may appreciate Carrie singing a song on the RADIO but would you pay big dollars to see her in concert?? I think this is where Bo should beat her. The girl once again was a wooden stick on stage, you would think by now after how many weeks on television she could loosen up more. She should have no excuses by now except the fact that she prefers animals to humans.

05-25-05, 01:30 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Predictions?"
Doubtful that country sells more than rock. Here is an article from last year--note this key quote:

"One of the things I like about country music as a genre is that it is so small that a couple of records can make a big difference," added Mr Grady.

-----------------------------
Article from 7/14/2004:

Country music sales climb in US
Country music sales in the US have risen by more than 10% in the last year, thanks to a wave of new artists, industry sources have said.

The rise of 11.2% has led to a "sense of optimism", according to Luke Lewis of Universal Music Group Nashville.

"The really good news is that new artists are contributing in a big way," said Mr Lewis.

The new wave of artists includes Josh Gracin and Gretchen Wilson, who topped the country charts for several weeks.

"The pick-up in sales is not attributable to a couple of big superstars. The sales are spread out among a lot of different artists," said Mr Lewis.

Country upsurge

Six of the artists in the Top 25 of the Billboard album chart on July 10 were new country acts: Gretchen Wilson, Big & Rich, Josh Gracin, Julie Roberts, Dierks Bentley and Josh Turner.

Four other acts - relative newcomers Keith Urban and Rascal Flatts and the more established Kenny Chesney and Toby Keith - are also in the upper reaches of the album charts.

Last year, The Dixie Chicks, one of the biggest country acts in the US, sparked controversy when singer Natalie Maines criticised US president George W Bush at a concert in London, shortly before the Iraq war.

Some radio stations refused to play their tracks, and Bush supporters burned their CDs in protest.

Maines subsequently apologised for the phrasing of her remark, but maintained that she had the right to criticise the president and his policies.

Strong debut

Gretchen Wilson's debut album Here for the Party has sold almost two million copies after only eight weeks in the charts.

"That was a big surprise, and it represents a couple of million units that nobody thought was going to be there," said John Grady, president of Sony Music Nashville, Wilson's record label.

"One of the things I like about country music as a genre is that it is so small that a couple of records can make a big difference," added Mr Grady.

In the first six months of this year, more than 31.3m country music CDs were sold, compared to 28.1m sold in the first six months of 2003, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/entertainment/music/3892581.stm

Published: 2004/07/14 10:14:33 GMT

05-25-05, 01:36 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Predictions?"
And here is the same article with more detail--this one is from CBS news in July 2004. From this info, no way country outsells rock.

Note that country is around 31.3 million units out of 306 million units from this key quote in the article--so country is about 10 percent of what is sold in albums:

"Country sales reached 31.3 million units through the first six months of this year, compared with 28.1 million units for the same period in 2003, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Overall albums sales also were up, from 286 million units to 306 million - a 6.9 percent increase"

----------------------------

New Stars Lift Country Music Sales
NASHVILLE, Tenn., July 13, 2004

Last summer, country music's hottest act, the Dixie Chicks, was in a meltdown. Country CD sales were sliding and record executives were praying for a spate of holiday releases to perk up the industry.

This year the mood is sunnier on Music Row, with country sales up 11.2 percent, a strong lineup of late-year releases on deck and CBS set to air a two-hour country music special Wednesday.

"There's a sense of optimism," said Luke Lewis, chairman of Universal Music Group Nashville. "The pickup in sales is not attributable to a couple of big superstars. The sales are spread out among a lot of different artists. The really good news is that new artists are contributing in a big way."

Six new artists were in the top 25 of Billboard magazine's July 10 album chart: Gretchen Wilson, Big & Rich, Josh Gracin, Julie Roberts, Dierks Bentley and Josh Turner.

Relative newcomers Keith Urban and Rascal Flatts were there, too, as were Kenny Chesney and Toby Keith -- two more established artists who've recently reached superstar status.

Wilson has become a phenomenon, topping the country charts for several weeks and hanging near the top of Billboard's overall album sales chart. Her debut album "Here For the Party" is approaching double platinum after only eight weeks on the charts.

"That was a big surprise, and it represents a couple of million units that nobody thought was going to be there," said John Grady, president of Sony Music Nashville, Wilson's record label.

"One of the things I like about country music as a genre is that it is so small that a couple of records can make a big difference," Grady added. "Kenny Chesney had that huge run earlier in the year, and of course now Gretchen has done really well."

Country sales reached 31.3 million units through the first six months of this year, compared with 28.1 million units for the same period in 2003, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Overall albums sales also were up, from 286 million units to 306 million - a 6.9 percent increase.

It's a sharp turnaround from last summer when the Dixie Chicks were seeing a backlash from fans after singer Natalie Maines made a disparaging remark about President Bush at a London concert shortly before the Iraq war.

After sales of the band's discs plummeted and some radio stations banned their singles, Maines apologized for the phrasing of her remark. But she continued to say she had the right to criticize Bush and his policies, and the group has yet to regain favor with country listeners.

Also blamed for the poor sales were an ailing economy, a dearth of releases by blockbuster artists - especially compared to the flashy releases of 2002 - growing competition from DVDs and video games and illegal downloading from the Internet.

When the final numbers were tallied for 2003, country sales were off nearly 10 percent.

One reason for country's improvement, says Joe Galante, chairman of RCA Label Group/Nashville, is the state of pop music.

"There really isn't any popular music out there for adults," Galante said. "If you look at the top 10 records, nine of them in terms of singles are hip-hop. No disrespect to the format, but what do you do if you are a 40-year-old woman, or a 35-year-old woman, and don't want to talk about (OutKast's) 'Hey Ya!"'

New releases by several top-tier acts are expected to continue the upswing. Tim McGraw, Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Shania Twain, Toby Keith and Kenny Chesney are among the artists either putting out new material or greatest hits packages in time for Christmas.

"We haven't even seen our big guns yet," Lewis said. "I think the best is yet to come."

The genre also should get a boost from "CMA Music Festival: Country Music's Biggest Party," set to air 9-11 p.m. EDT Wednesday on CBS. The first-time show is a collection of highlights from last month's four-day Country Music Association Music Festival in Nashville. It captures performances by new artists such as Wilson and Bentley as well as established stars like Brooks & Dunn, Martina McBride and Willie Nelson.

If the two other network specials that feature country music - the annual award shows by the CMA and the Academy of Country Music - are any example, artists will see a spike in sales. After the CMA awards aired last November, the Billboard top 75 country albums chart had a nearly 170 percent weekly increase, according to the CMA.

"No doubt it will help," Galante said. "It's a two-hour commercial for a lot of acts and for the city of Nashville at the same time."

By John Gerome

Bravegirl 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-25-05, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Predictions?"
Thanks for the info Zazzy! I couldn't imagine that country would sell more than rock n roll!

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "I wish Bo, but it will probably be Carrie"
I voted for BO and have been rooting for him the whole season.
But I think Carrie will win and here is why;
The voting lines were open for 6 hours late into the night.
This means that the winner is the one who had more spazzed-out re-dialings fans that stayed up all night voting. I'm sure both of their lines were completely filled up probably the first three hours, but the answer lies in whose fans you think were more likely to stay awake and keep voting the second three hours.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: I wish Bo, but it will probably be Carrie"
On the other hand (and I'm not up on exactly how tween-agers are begin parented these days).

I wonder with the later hours if that doesn't favor the person that appeals more to the older group. The most obsessive also (if my memory of 10-20 are correct) are also more likely to be the younger teens that probably had school the next day and no way would I have been allowed to stay up to 1 am voting on the phone.

I just have a feeling the most rabid Carrie fans may be young enough that they were the ones on the line for the first hour or so after the show ends. Thinking back to Clay vs Ruben. I think more of the rabid Clay fans would have been of the group being forced to bed long before voting was over than Ruben fans, and Ruben edged it out. Same with Fantasia and Diana, come to think of it.

But then again, maybe all the young teens get to stay up to 1 am these days.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "And the ones voting for Bo..."
Are hormonal middle-aged women that believe he sang "Vehicle" especially to them --

(when everyone should know he was singing to ME *ahem*)

-- and can easily stay up until midnight to dial the buttons off their phones

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Predictions?"
Wonder if Bo will be able to live with himself now that he has sold out.

Moves courtesy of Syren

05-25-05, 02:50 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Predictions?"
I don't think he sees himself as having sold out. He just has a bigger audience to sing for now.

Of course, that may change with an album fulla carp like they had to sing last night.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

jaiwhe 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-25-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jaiwhe Click to send private message to jaiwhe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Predictions?"
>Who do you guys think will
>win? Most of us want
>Bo, but who do you
>think has it?
>I want- Bo
>But I think Carrie will win
>it...
>
>What do u guys think?

See now I think the opposite. I think Carrie deserves it, but that Bo will win.

In all the years past I was always certain who was going to win. I picked Fantasia right from her audition. I picked Ruben from the audition and Kelly, she was always a favorite after her big band performance. But this year, the 2 finalists are so different. It is like comparing apples to oranges. One is rock and the other is country. I like them both. Both are humble and not cocky, both seems to be gentle, good souls. Let me be the bad guy for a moment, I was thinking, How many rock singers do we know that have a 1 man show? Barely a handful. You had Elvis of course. They today there is Sting, Jon Bon Jovi, John Mellencamp and who else, I can't think of anyone else. There just isn't many. It is very hard to be a one man rock group and I definately think he is good enough to pull it off in the long run, but will it really last? On the other hand, Carrie, a country singer. There are scores of coutry women at the top of the country charts. I think she could definately have a huge country career. But she may get lost in all the women stars. I personally would benefit more from Bo's record. I don't like country and I love rock. So personally think Carrie can definately singer better, she is just so effortless, no matter what she singes, her voice is always amazing, she will become a star weither she wins or looses, BUT I think Bo will win, because he is rock and America wants to see a rocker win and rock is more mainstream and he is really really good, the acapella was amazing. But for the record, Carrie can sing better-technically.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Predictions?"
FTR, Sting began in a rock group (the Police) and Jon Bon Jovi is in a rock group. It's called Bon Jovi, but it most certainly is a group (just ask Richie Sambora). As for solo rock artists, does Bruce Springsteen ring a bell? Guess what? He has a band, too. All rock artists do, whether they are considered a solo act or rock group. Pretty hard to do a rock show solo, with no band at all. Bo will have a band. Heck, Bo already has a band he's been playing with for years. I really don't get the point you are trying to make about that.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Predictions?"
USA Today Poll as of 3:30 CST:

Bo 62%
Carrie 38%

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-05-24-idol-recap_x.htm

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-25-05, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Predictions?"
Please don't take this as support of either Bo or Carrie, but can you really believe a 'Bo vs. Carrie' poll which comes directly under the headline "A vote for Bo Bice - You know it's Bo."

Talk about unscientific.

The sort of person who would read the article "A Vote for Bo" is obviously the sort of person who would then cast a vote for Bo in the poll.

For instance, if the headline were "Star Wars Sucks" and then the poll beneath it said: "Does Star Wars Suck?" I have a feeling that "Yes" would outdo "No" by a wide margin (whether or not Star Wars sucks.)

Dot 13 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dot Click to send private message to Dot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Predictions?"
Check out AOL Poll

"CARRIE LEADS THE AOL POLL"

Bo 50%
Carrie 50%

I don't know who is going to win but I think its going to be alot closer then alot of people expected....

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-25-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Predictions?"
I think (hope) that Bo will win. From my conversations with other viewers, he has gained a lot of fans. Suprisingly, even the younger crowd digs him. I've been a huge Bo fan from early on, and while I want him to win, I would be OK with Carrie winning. She's a pretty young woman with a lovely voice and a sweet disposition. I think she has a good career ahead of her.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-25-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Bo"
I'm gonna reverse what I've been saying all season.

I've always thought Carrie was the eventual winner.
I've also predicted before that Bo would be a surprise boot.

I believe that Bo outperformed Carrie over the final three weeks when it was most critical. While the final show was a total disaster, Bo's performances were better than Carrie's overall.

Bo's years of experience served him well.

He will win.
He deserves to win.

Bo's victory is an unfortunate consequence of the new age limit.
He's got 10 years of performing behind him, while Carrie is relatively inexperienced.

I won't buy music from either of them.

Stay tuned for the Finale Summary.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "AOL poll now a dead heat"
It is at 50-50 but Carrie is in the lead, don't know by what .1% sort of thing it could be by, but not by much or it would round out to 51%.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •