The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Announcement (from futurizmo)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-09-01, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Announcement (from futurizmo)"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-01 AT 00:23 AM (EST)

Okay, futurizmo has a piece indicating a time-frame for when CBS will announce the details of Survivor: Africa. They also appear to now have a message board, so maybe they are a pre-existing gaming site that has recently branched into the Survivor arena carrying their gaming reputation along with them. Here's the link:

http://www.futurizmo.com/cgi-bin/content/News/Stories/2001/08/28/9990522717.shtml

I think they're probably right about the announcement being on CBS's Early Show and I am impressed that the time frame they give (last week until almost before the series premieres) is most definitely on the mark. Pretty big target area, but they can't be wrong on that one.

I especially love the line: "Sources close to futurizmo.com ..."

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

edited to include the text of the piece:

Rumor: CBS May Possibly Release Official Survivor: Africa Details Next Week
CBS may officially release Survivor: Africa cast and tribe details next week.

8/28/2001 - Sources close to Futurizmo.com claim that, CBS may possibly officially release the details of the Survivor: Africa cast and tribes on Sept. 6 or sometime thereafter on CBS's Early Show.

CBS may also choose to wait until later to release the information near the airing date of Oct. 11th. So, we'll just have to wait and see.

Jay Taylor

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Announcement (from futurizm... PepeLePew13 09-10-01 1
 RE: CBS Announcement (from futurizm... SurvivorBlows 09-10-01 2
   RE: CBS Announcement (from futurizm... dabo 09-10-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-01, 06:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Announcement (from futurizmo)"
Talk about being vague! The folks at futurizmo are so 'clever', aren't they?

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-01, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS Announcement (from futurizmo)"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-01 AT 12:01 PM (EST)

Their "rumor" basically says that sometime between now and the start of the show CBS will officially release the names -- wow, what a snoop, who did they have to kill to get that info???

...let's face it folks, they are so sad, it's not even funny, (their boards even have forums entitled "Survivor Bashers" and "Survivor Fanatics," geez, wonder what gave them THAT idea) -- let's do the world a favor and stop talking about their nonsense, all you are doing is giving them the publicly they so obviously desperately seek.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-01, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Announcement (from futurizmo)"
Alright, I won't mention them again unless they get another of their hoaxes spread through news channels. I wouldn't have mentioned this at all had not someone in chat mentioned having seen this piece, or one similar to it.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •