The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"From the Canadian Press..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-31-01, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"From the Canadian Press..."
Found this on the canoe.ca website... nothing much new but a couple of things on there that caught my eye.

http://www.canoe.ca/Television/aug31_surv-cp.html

'Survivor' fans scour Net for rumours
By ANDREA BAILLIE
Canadian Press

TORONTO (CP) -- When Survivor made its debut last summer, it quickly became an Internet phenomenon, as fans conspired to crack the show's closely guarded secrets.

Survivor: Africa, is proving to be no different.

Although the third instalment of the immensely popular reality TV franchise doesn't air for over a month, Web sites have been buzzing with gossip and insider scuttlebutt.

And as usual, CBS and Survivor creator Mark Burnett have only added fuel to the mystique by remaining mum on all rumours.

"Mark Burnett has been very smart and so has CBS in not commenting on anything that surfaces as far as rumours or reports go," said Brian Hartigan, senior writer at TV Guide Canada.

"That adds to the mystery. It's very smart on their part, very shrewd."

Although CBS doesn't plan to officially release the names of the new castaways until just before the show begins on Oct. 11, a Web site featuring a group called The Ellipsiiis Brain Trust (www.surviiivor.com) has released a list of the purported participants.

To those who watched the inaugural Survivor on the tropical island of Pulau Tiga and last winter's rendition in the Australian Outback, some of the rumoured castaways may seem strangely familiar.

For instance, cyber-gossips say one contestant has a penchant for wandering around in the buff, just like the devious Richard Hatch, who won the first Survivor competition.
(Sounds like Lindsey)

And how about the Survivor 3 participant rumoured to be a Virginia cattle farmer nicknamed Big Tom? Fans of the second Survivor might be reminded of part-time farmer Rodger Bingham, whose aw-shucks demeanour earned him the nickname Kentucky Joe from his co-contestants in the Australian outback.

The location of Survivor: Africa has been the subject of particularly intense speculation, and USA Today recently released satellite photos of the Shaba Game Reserve in Kenya.

Those images have fuelled speculation that the new castaways each have private huts, rather than a communal sleeping area as in the past.

Over at www.futurizmo.com, Survivor watchers have been pondering the threat of parasites in the castaway water supply. Although drinking water can be boiled, fans suggest the situation might lead to more land immunity challenges rather than water-based challenges.

Reports have even surfaced about Survivor 4, which USA Today suggests will be filmed in Jordan, possibly in the city of Petra, which was featured in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

But while theories abound, Hartigan said curiosity about a show like Survivor has its limits. Sometimes, he said, fans don't want to know too much.

"We've had to be very careful in our fall preview issue not to give too much away for any show, because when we do, we do tend to get complaints," he said.

"We have to walk the fine line of piquing their interest and not giving too much away. ... (With Survivor), they do want to know some things. With regards to 'who gets voted off tonight,' people don't want to know."

Many Internet aficionados know from experience that all rumours should be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Last summer, a Canadian university student thought he had discovered a glitch on the CBS Web site that revealed the show's winner.

The prediction turned out to be false, and Burnett has since hinted that red herrings may have been purposely planted to fake out Internet fans.

Exactly... you wonder how much of this can be taken as the truth.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: From the Canadian Press... Drive My Car 08-31-01 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-31-01, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: From the Canadian Press..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-01 AT 06:56 PM (EST)

How is futurizmo getting so much press?
Am I mistaken, or didn't they just show up on the scene recently? Wasn't some of their info pretty suspect?
I just find this odd.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •