The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Testing testing"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-14-02, 07:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Testing testing"
Have you ever wondered what reality show production companies do with the psychological testing they all say they do on their contestants? Do they really screen out the insane, irrational, and incompetent? Yeah right.

Thanks to a lucky break (and some benjamins), I obtained excerpts from psychological profiles for some TAR finalists, and the comments from the producers (WRP), and one of the bigshot network executives (CBS). I've X'd out their names to keep them from suing me. Here you go:

PROFILE FOR XXXXXX:

Driven to win. Low tolerance for losing or "losers". Limited loyalty to her partner. Likes to be the center of attention. Thinks crying is an acceptable way of getting it. Thinks screaming is an acceptable form of communication. Severe fear of heights. Recommend NOT using her as a contestant, as her reactions to this show are likely to be unpredictable.
WRP: Overruled. XXXXXX is going to be one of our best contestants! Wait until she sees the detours we have set up for her!
CBS: Nice ta-tas. She's better than one of those blue pills. Go ahead and use her.

PROFILE FOR XXXXXX:

Determined. Commanding, militaristic attitude toward those around him - even his partner. Has unresolved personal issues due to previous combat in Vietnam. Scores high on the Machismo Scale, but low on the Chivalry Scale. Thinks barking orders is the best way to get things done.
WRP: Kinda cool. XXXXXX and XXXXXX will make a good "token old folks" team. The guys at CBS will love him.
CBS: I love him! He reminds me of myself when I was younger! Sign him up!

PROFILE FOR XXXXXX:

Wants to win, but not at all costs. Solid morals and belief system. Deep affection for partner and likely to be supportive even if he does poorly. Friendly and polite to everyone she meets. She would be a strong contestant.
WRP: She's kinda dull. Let's send it to CBS to see what they think.
CBS: XXXXXX is a little hottie! Love the 9/11 connection! We'll hype it for all it's worth. Approved.

PROFILE FOR XXXXXX:

Super smart. Not interested in using television exposure for future gain. Healthy balance between winning and ruthlessness. Physically fit. No serious neuroses or psychoses. Friendly and polite to those around him - especially his partner. An ideal contestant.
WRP: Rejected. Not funny, not a 20-something hunk, not borderline crazy. Likely to put our audience to sleep.

Oh, in case you were wondering, I made all of this up. Still, I wonder what kind of testing they do at these shows to provide us with such charming and sane personalities.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Testing testing jgeorge711 12-19-02 1
   Don't tell anyone... realitybites 12-20-02 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jgeorge711 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-19-02, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jgeorge711 Click to send private message to jgeorge711 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Testing testing"
Hey....that was pretty good and funny. On the case of Flo, it must have gone something like:

Eratic, born loser, likes to whine, not a team player, throws hissy fits over the smallest of things, crybaby, can't take traveling in foreign lands very well, but...

petite with big breasts.

CBS: Ok, she's in!

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-20-02, 05:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Don't tell anyone..."
...but one of the descriptions I did was for Flo. I couldn't anticipate her meltdown on the final episode, and I doubt that any test could do so either.

But the point remains that any test worth anything would have predicted that Flo would be a ticking time bomb, and one wonders if they shouldn't be screening people like that out rather than screening them in.

Oh yes, I liked your description of her. Totally accurate and it made me laugh.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •