The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New commercial: Only 4 teams left"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-19-01, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New commercial: Only 4 teams left"
Saw a new commercial for TAR while watching football on Sunday, not much of a spoiler, but I thought it was interesting in terms of how the producers are characterizing each team.

"Only four teams are left in the Amazing Race. WHO are you rooting for? The Persistent Lawyers.... The Always Irritating Life Partners.... The Separated Couple.... or the Nutty New Yorkers."

I didn't catch what any of the teams said after their tagline except the Guidos. A very horrific (think clown smiley) looking blonde Guido proclaimed "we can still win this thing".

"always irritating life partners" LOL. Clearly the Guidos have been set up as the show's anti-hero and I am hoping that if we are being misled about everything else, that his "we can still win" comment means they will be the next team eliminated on 11/28.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New commercial: Only 4 teams le... Stairway2Dayton 11-19-01 1
 RE: New commercial: Only 4 teams le... AmazingFan 11-19-01 2
   RE: New commercial: Only 4 teams le... Cole 11-20-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New commercial: Only 4 teams left"
Persistant lawyers? I can think of a lot of adjectives to describe them, but "persistant" wouldn't be one of them!

S2D

AmazingFan 121 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-19-01, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmazingFan Click to send private message to AmazingFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New commercial: Only 4 teams left"
Is the horrific clown-smiley blonde Guido anything similar to the creepy psychotic-smiley blonde Guido we saw in the very last second of the preview shown last week? When he was shown wearing glasses and a red shirt (and maybe a hat) and saying "We can be number one" or something like that?

I thought he looked a bit crazed, but it was only a one-second clip so it's impossible to tell. The best I can describe it is it seemed to me that he looked kind of spacey, like maybe he hadn't slept in a while or something, or had just been through something traumatic (like being eliminated, hopefully) or exhausting, or maybe like he'd been crying. He was smiling a fake, spacey kind of smile. He looked worn out.

It's interesting that you had the same impression of him looking kind of strange. I look forward to finding out why in a future episode!!

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-20-01, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New commercial: Only 4 teams left"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-01 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

Yes, not sure if it taken from the same interview (the words were different... on the preview "from last to first" and the commercial "we could still win") but that's a perfect way to describe him - crazed and spacey. I am hoping he was all doped up on something post elimination to help him recover from exhaustion or scrapes from a certain rock climbing incident. I think this is fantastic evidence that the Guidos do NOT make it to the finals and win. We can all hope, can't we?

Go LAWYERS!
Go FRANGARITA!
Go FESTERS!

ANYONE BUT GUIDO!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •