The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Games Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-17-06, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
Or as you will come to know it...
the ABC~X

Now, as has become customary, I would like to take a moment to introduce the new season of The-Anti Bootee Contest.
This will be an introduction thread only, I will not be accepting entries at this time. Although I'm offering a deal a little farther down the thread, you might wanna check out.
If after all is said and done and you still have some questions...then I did everything right. <he he>Just kidding. Go ahead and ask. That's what this thread is for.

Ahem, let's begin...

First of all, it's time to congratulate the ABC on it's birthday.
Can you believe it?
I Know.
It's true. The ABC will be turning 10 this season. (I believe it might be available for syndication now. Anyone up for re-runs of past seasons?)
In honor of this momentous occasion I have taken some liberties and switched a few things around.
So, if you've played the ABC before, prepare to possibly change a strategy or two.
And if you are new to the ABC, welcome to the game. It'll be buckets of fun.

Now, I must say that although this is indeed the introduction thread, I can't reveal all of the twists before the game even starts.
Can't go giving all of my secrets away that fast, you know.

However, I do like giving hints.
When or if you see a hint, read it and try to glean some clues from it.
On more than one occasion, hints will be "dropped" in fairly secretive ways.
So make sure to stay vigilant, as a lot of my hints are sometimes hidden.

Beyond hints, some of you may want to know what this game actually might entail.

So, let me take this opportunity to layout, without revealing too much, how to play this game.

Truthfully, it's very easy.

Every week, I will be asking for each player to compile a list of survivors who they think will be safe from the votes at tribal council.

The bad news, if anyone is caught with a bootee on their safelist, they will be kicked out of the ABC.
(Bootees include quitters and intesive-care cases, there just won't be any points attached to them. You're still getting kicked out of the game.)
Yup, booted from the Anti-Boot.
Quite ironic in a sense.
Alas, thems the rules.

Hint #1: The game will be open for 3 weeks. No one will be allowed to enter after that time. It will also mark the end of probation.
Probation will be what the first 3 weeks are called. Think of them as "the final casting call".
During these first 3 weeks players will be able to name a bootee and still remain in the game.
Okay, think of it moreso as an "adjustment" period. This way you can make a couple of mistakes in the beginning without being sent to LoserLodge the first week.

Every week, I will also be asking everyone a question regarding the immunity winner. This question is not a mandatory question.

Hint #2: Immunity Question points will grow with each new episode. So for instance, episode 1 will be worth +1 (or-1, if you're wrong) and episode 12 could be worth +12 (or-12, if you're wrong). So be careful as the season progresses.

Warning: There will be two deadlines.
These were conceived as a way to benefit those who make their entries early.
AND a way to penalize those who don't.

Hint #3: The following deadlines were decided upon in hopes of not giving an unfair advantage to spoilers. Of which this season is subject to as well. In fact, if you're a spoiler I suggest you consider a run for redink. It's shaping-up to be a fun season on the red-end, from what I can tell.

The first deadline will be Showday. If anyone posts (or edits) before Showday they will get a bonus of +2. (Showday is usually Thursday. But this season may see a couple of Wednesday episodes and possibly a Sunday episode. Who knows. So be prepared to adjust your entry times accordingly.)
The second deadline will be Showtime. If anyone posts (or edits) on showday, sometime before the 8:00pm showtime deadline, they will get a penalty of -2 points. (Which will always be at 8:00pm "boardtime". Boardtime coincides with the Eastern time zone, at least most of the time.)
If anyone posts or edits after showtime the entry will become invalid.

Hmmm...deadlines, immunity and safelists ... hmmm.... what was that other thing.
That other thing that I wanted to make sure to tell everyone about ... hmmmmmmm... I can't think of it at this moment so you'll just have to wait... hmmmm .... started with a g? ... no, a k? ... hmmm ...
Well, I'm sure I'll think of it before this is all over with. ... R? ... No...

Oh! ... granted it's not the thing I'm trying to remember but...
If you haven't seen them yet, try clicking on their names to find out a little more.
Our new cast of Survivors:
Aras Austin Bobby Bruce Cirie Courtney Dan Danielle Melinda Misty Nick RuthMarie Sally Shane Terry Tina

Allrighty then, I still can't remember that other thing I was thinking about, so ... I'll have to just go ahead with the PSQ ... and hope that something snaps my memory ... Was in T?

Now, without further ado, it's the moment that you've all been waiting for
bongo-roll please...

The Pre-Season Questionnaire!

This is a moment for me to gather a bit of info about you before this whole game begins.
This questionnaire will act as one of the ways for me to "tap" potential thread material, so be honest, sincere and funny. (Admittedly, I lvoe the suck-ups and flirts the most.)
Anyways... Please make sure to PM me with your answers.

ABC~X Pre-Season Questionnaire:
1. Name the season of survivor you first started watching.

2. Have you played the ABC before? Yes or No?
If Yes, skip to question 5.
If No, go to question 3.

3. Which statement best describes your understanding of the ABC game basics. (Making Safe-Lists / Guessing Immunity / ExtraNefariousness Host)
a. I think I kinda got it. But I'd rather wait to see a couple of other entries before I make mine.
b. It confuses me, but I'm friends with another poster who can help decipher.
c. Rules?! I don't need no stinking rules!!
d. I might come out of lurking. But, I think I may need a private tutor.
e. I can't get past the thrown together grammer and obvious misunderstanding of the basic rules of punctuation. I'm off to find KO's game.

4. Finish this statement "I heard of this game through...
a. Google"
b. Another Survivor Board"
c. A different RTVW Forum"
d. A friend outside of the boards"
e. Stumbling around"

5. Finish this statement "The thought of ExileIsland makes me ...
a. wanna puke"
b. get excited"
c. think of skipping a season"
d. wanna never play the ABC again"
e. mildly amused"

6. If stranded on an island, the one luxury item you'd like to have with you is ...

7. If you were on Survivor, the one family/friend you would invite to the island for a "loved-ones-visit" would be ...

8. The one quality that would best describe your character on Survivor
a. Mother
b. Professor
c. AlphaAthlete
d. Schemer
e. UTR
f. CuteyPatooty
g. Jokester
h. Provider

9. All about the new cast:
(Hopefully, by now you've made some very judgemental, pre-show judgements, on this new group of castaways.)
A. Out of the new cast, BLANK is my personal favorite.
B. Out of the new cast, I think the Final4 will be BLANK ~ BLANK ~ BLANK ~ BLANK
C. Out of the new cast, BLANK has the least potential to make F4.
D. Out of the new cast, in a wrestling match, if it was BLANK VS. BLANK, BLANK would win.
E. Out of the new cast, BLANK is a survivor not in the answers above.

10. Word Association exercise:
Give me the first word that comes to your mind, when I say... (Highlight each word seperately, for added fun.)
A. Chicken

B. French

C. Justice

D. Exile

E. Mostly

11. Multiple Choice exercise:
Pick the one answer that fits the question best.
A. Most deserving of a second chance to play survivor is...
(Gretchen / Michael / Clarence / Gina / Jake / Dave / Andrew / JohnK. / Ibrehim / Amy)

B. Quitters are the worst, no question, but my least favorite survivor type is...
(Martyr / Coat-tail Rider / Loud-Mouth / Lazy / Liar / Doofus / Lecherous Hick / Challenge Whore / Spiritual Zealot)

C. If you only had these personality types to choose from and you were about to choose a Final2 opponent, which would it be?
(Chatty Cathy / Dennis the Menace / June the Prune / Grace under pressure / Richie Rich / Lazy Susan / Chipper Skipper)

12. SurvivorMath:
A. Rich is to Elizabeth as Lex is to (BLANK)
B. Helen + Kimmi - Gervase = (BLANK)
C. If Burton > BobbyJon, Chad < Brandon and Burton < Brady, that means Brandon = (BLANK)
D. Julie and Darrah go to the store to buy some apples. Their mother instructed them to get 7 apples or her apple pie wouldn't turn out right. Julie and Darrah go to the local market and peruse the apple displays. Julie has 4.44 and Darrah has 3.13. The sign for the GoldenDelicious says 3 for 5. The sign for the Braeburn says 15.00 for 30.
They want to make sure to buy the right amount and maybe collect a little change for their piggybanks.
So the question is ... Who is hotter? Julie or Darrah?

13. Should I skip this question? Yes or No?
If yes, skip to #15.
If No, go to #14.

14. Too late. I already did. So go to question 15.

15. Welcome to Exile Island!
My own version.
Yes, the name was inspired by MB.
But how I'm applying it to the ABC will be my original concept, just that it's matched with an interesting name.
And frankly, exile island is a good name.
It kinda "legitimizes" the actual goings-on each week one can expect during the game.
See, I'm trying to be subtle. Trying so hard to not give away the twists too early.
Twists that will gradually become revealed as the weeks go on.
More twists that will start will the actual reveal of the first entry in a little over a week.

Now, what was that thing I was trying to remember ... hmmmm .... hmmmm .... this is really starting to bug me ... and I'm sure, you the reader, aren't really enjoying reading my thoughts as they get thrown down all willy-nilly between gratuitous ellipses abuse ... oh well ... Just reat assured that as the season goes on the word count goes down as well ... hmmm ... MotherHubbard! Why can't I remember ... uh . . . . . . <deep breath> ... . . . . . . .... .. . . .. .. . .. . .. .. .. .... . . . .. . . .<cough> <hack> <heave-wheeze> ... ahem <straighten tie> I think I remember what it was.
It's called the Very-Early-Bird Special!

I'll be posting the first entry thread in a week or so.
But I'll be using this thread as the entry for the ultimate earlybird bonus!!!
So you can disregard the notice at the top of the page that says that this is not the first entry.
(Well not exactly.)

If you manage to post a safe list of, no more than 8, survivors, in this thread and keep it as your actual first entry, I will automatically reward you with a special prize.
That is of course if you manage to stay with the original list.
Edits are allowed, but the deadline for this bonus will be January 26, 2006. 8:00pm "Boardtime". 1 week before the actual first episode.
If anything is posted or edited less than a full week before the first episode, or when I post the "first" entry thread, it will not be considered for this very-early bird bonus.
Remember only 8 names will be allowed on a valid very-early bird entry.

So, I guess that's it...for now.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I have a question. bystander 01-17-06 1
   RE: I have a question. alwaysintruble1 01-17-06 2
       RE: I have a question. tribephyl 01-17-06 3
   RE: I have a question. byoffer 01-18-06 9
       RE: I have a question. bystander 01-18-06 10
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... alwaysintruble1 01-17-06 4
   RED INK EARLY BIRD entry emydi 01-18-06 8
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... Das Mole 01-18-06 5
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... CattyChat 01-18-06 6
   Welcome, CC. tribephyl 01-19-06 17
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... survivor_21 01-18-06 7
   Welcome, survivor21. tribephyl 01-19-06 18
       Thanks all! survivor_21 01-19-06 24
           RE: Thanks all! emydi 01-19-06 26
               RE: Thanks all! survivor_21 01-20-06 36
                   You're welcome tribephyl 01-22-06 50
                       RE: You're welcome survivor_21 01-23-06 54
 A very-early bird entry Rebel Crown 01-18-06 11
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... byoffer 01-18-06 12
   welcome byoffer tribephyl 01-19-06 19
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... Quiddity99 01-18-06 13
   Welcome Q tribephyl 01-19-06 20
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... vince3 01-18-06 14
   Welcome vince tribephyl 01-19-06 21
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... DearAbby 01-18-06 15
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... Wallflower66 01-18-06 16
   ATTN: RED INKERS...Some advice fro... emydi 01-19-06 22
       RE: ATTN: RED INKERS...Some advice... bystander 01-19-06 23
           RE: ATTN: RED INKERS...Some advice... emydi 01-19-06 27
               RE: ATTN: RED INKERS...Some advice... alwaysintruble1 01-19-06 31
       RE: ATTN: RED INKERS...Some advice... Wallflower66 01-19-06 29
       RE: ATTN: RED INKERS...Some advice... tribephyl 01-19-06 30
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... JohnMc 01-19-06 25
 I'm IN, Please! Flowerpower 01-19-06 28
   RE: I'm IN, Please! emydi 01-19-06 32
   RE: I'm IN, Please! tribephyl 01-22-06 51
       RE: I'm IN, Please! DearAbby 01-22-06 52
 Very early bird entry smokedog 01-19-06 33
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... coolbluepig 01-20-06 34
   RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... tribephyl 01-21-06 45
 Vix Very Early Pix Kermit the Vixen 01-20-06 35
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... Scarlett O Hara 01-21-06 37
   RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... tribephyl 01-21-06 42
       RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... alwaysintruble1 01-21-06 46
           RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... tribephyl 01-21-06 48
               RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... emydi 01-23-06 53
                   Confirmation tribephyl 01-23-06 55
       RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... Scarlett O Hara 01-21-06 47
 Can I still join? xwraith27 01-21-06 38
   RE: Can I still join? tribephyl 01-21-06 43
 Very Early Bird Special Road Kill 01-21-06 39
 S12 ABC: A VERY E... kircon 01-21-06 40
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... bighair 01-21-06 41
   RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... tribephyl 01-21-06 44
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... mckelviej 01-22-06 49
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... MJewel 01-23-06 56
   RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... tribephyl 01-24-06 60
       RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... MJewel 01-24-06 62
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... RudyRules 01-23-06 57
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... Molaholic 01-23-06 58
 Sneaky earlybird, you sneaky bird! Mo0 01-24-06 59
 VEBS Angelfood 01-24-06 61
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... taffnic 01-25-06 63
   RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... tribephyl 01-25-06 64
 I'm back and I'm in!! Scarlett O Hara 01-25-06 65
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... agressionx 01-26-06 66
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... CutsyTootsy 01-26-06 67
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... Jenna_F 01-26-06 68
 RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduc... dreamerbeliever 01-27-06 69

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-17-06, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I have a question."
Will there be beer in the Loser Lodge? Cuz I think someone drank it all last season.

{{{{BELCH}}}}

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-17-06, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I have a question."
As long as there isn't any spanking. Otherwise I don't think it's safe for me to be there.

01-17-06, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I have a question."
I think you both will be pleased about the LoserLodge arrangements made this season.

Alas, you will have to wait for LoserLodge to open.
Which isn't for a few more weeks.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I have a question."
Beer?? Who?? Me?? What??

Hey bro, I just caught some of your belch breath in a glass tube for posterity!!

01-18-06, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I have a question."
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-06 AT 03:42 PM (EST)

I've been suckin on these Garlic Altoids that Foonermints gave me but they don't seem to help!

ETF Siggie

01-17-06, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
LAST EDITED ON 01-25-06 AT 00:40 AM (EST)

This will be an introduction thread only, I will not be accepting entries at this time.

That's a good thing, since I'm not officially entering the game yet, but I wanted to post before Emy got here. This will be the only time I beat her in anything, and I want to take advantage of it.

Any more thoughts about making the winners from last season play the opposite way this season? I don't know if I can take another beating from her.

As for my list, well just to post before her
Misty, Melinda, Tina

Off to do my PSQ since I have nothing better to do at work right now.

Why did the chicken cross the road? It was poultry in motion.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RED INK EARLY BIRD entry"
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-06 AT 05:39 PM (EST)

NEMO!! have to defend my title and I'm a spoiler sooooo Tribey has told me I have to play red ink!!

I will be sending my pm right after posting this!! Great ?s!!

My red ink early bird entry--Misty, Melinda

I may edit this before the early bird deadline-see I already did!

I heart Tribey!!!

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-18-06, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-06 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

Yay, ABC!

I shall fill out the questionnaire shortly...as for that Safelist, however:

Melinda/Danielle/Shane

I don't know if this makes a difference in my bonus or not, but I'm planning to go for Red Ink once again this season!

- - - - - - -

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-18-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
Now that I finished the questionnaire, here are my safies for the first ep --

Aras, Bruce, Dan, Terry, Austin, Nick, Danielle, Melinda

Kind Creation of ARNutz

01-19-06, 03:16 AM (EST)
17. "Welcome, CC."
Welcome, CattyChat.
Nice to have you join the ABC.

survivor_21 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-18-06, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivor_21 Click to send private message to survivor_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
ok I'm new to the game but lets see......

8 DAW's...hmmmmm.........

Terry/Shane/Danielle/Cirie/Aras/Austin/Nick/Melinda

There, I think thats 8 anyway!!

01-19-06, 03:22 AM (EST)
18. "Welcome, survivor21."
No worries about too many of the details just yet.
Your entry for the Very-Early Bird Entry looks good.

Now just comes the waiting part. Till the show actually airs. To see if it'll pay-off.

By the way, welcome also to RTVW. If someone hasn't done so already. (Which if I know these folks, they probably have.)

01-19-06, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivor_21 Click to send private message to survivor_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Thanks all!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-06 AT 11:25 AM (EST)

Wow, now I feel like I belong! *sniff, sniff* Ive been watching from the beginning and I think this is going to be fun! by the way, and excuse my innocence, but what does RTVW stand for??

Nevermind I've figured it out, my my what a brain freeze I had!

01-19-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Thanks all!"
Welcome 21!!

Maybe you can twist Tribey (kicking Tribey) into making you a siggie...it helps to remember you by...

Oh, and if you play red ink, prepare to lose

01-20-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Thanks all!"
Yeah thats all I have left to get! I'd be set then..........

01-22-06, 06:58 AM (EST)
50. "You're welcome"
Knowing nothing about you, I went ahead and made you a siggie.

Now you're set.

So'kay?

01-23-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
54. "RE: You're welcome"
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-06 AT 12:13 PM (EST)

Thanks, thats pretty sweet!

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-18-06, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "A very-early bird entry"
Yay! The ABC is here! The ABC is here! (It's like getting a new phone book, )

Ah, tribe, my favorite host, is back and you sound trickier than ever! Can't wait to see what you've thought up for this season.

Terry
Dan
Bruce
Cirie
Aras
Bobby
Nick
Shane

My PM will be on its way shortly.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
pm sent,

and here is my "safe=list"
Nick
Tina
Bobby
Aras
Danielle
Dan
Ruth Marie
Bruce

probably guaranteeing that they will ALL get booted in the first week.

01-19-06, 03:26 AM (EST)
19. "welcome byoffer"
Come to sully the good game, have you?

Excellent, we need entertainment.

Welcome to ABC~X!

Quiddity99 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-18-06, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Quiddity99 Click to send private message to Quiddity99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
PM Sent.

As for my initial 'safe' list...

Danielle
Sally
Dan
Aras
Nick
Ruth Marie
Terry
Austin

01-19-06, 03:30 AM (EST)
20. "Welcome Q"
And a hearty welcome to Quiddity.

You're in for a fun-filled season.

And if you haven't yet received one from the other fine-posters here, welcome to RTVW.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
PM sent. Pre Season list: Aras, Bruce, Dan, Terry, Tina

Because 3 Vinces are better than one.

01-19-06, 03:32 AM (EST)
21. "Welcome vince"
Wow. a lot of cross-overs from LL.

Good to have you in ABC~X.

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
Hooray! Time for more buckets of fun from the most nefarious game host on the boards! I've been waiting for the S12 ABC game to start ever since I lost in the last week of S11 ABC. Check your red wavy for my PSQ answers, tribe.

Now, for my Very-Early-Bird Special entry:

Aras / Bruce / Dan / Danielle / Melinda / Nick / Shane / Terry

Deer Abbey sig courtesy of tribephyl 2005

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-06 AT 02:37 PM (EST)

I'd like to give it a go as a red-inker.

Safe: Misty, Sally

PM sent.

01-19-06, 10:49 AM (EST)
22. "ATTN: RED INKERS...Some advice from a past red ink winner.."
Here it is...my one time at being nice here...WRITE IT DOWN NEMO!!!

In red ink you don't want to put that many survivors on your safe list...you'll end up with too many positive pts. and you want negative pts!!

Tribey says you can pick up to 8, but you don't have to pick all 8!! The trick is to pick as few survivors as you can and try to pick the one(s) who will gets votes (thus gaining negative pts.) but who does not get booted (or you are OUT after week 3--for week 1-3 you want to try to get the bootee for those plum -10 pts!!)

Tribey, if anything has changed in red ink rules, let us know...

01-19-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
23. "RE: ATTN: RED INKERS...Some advice from a past red ink winner.."
I'm picturing you in a black leather and lace dominatrix outfit as you explain how to play for red-ink.

And I'm hanging on every word.

I may have to play for red-ink this season!!

01-19-06, 01:44 PM (EST)
27. "RE: ATTN: RED INKERS...Some advice from a past red ink winner.."
like I told 21 above....if you do, prepare to lose!!

MUWUAHUAAHUAAA...

ask Nemo how it feels to lose to me, he's an expert

01-19-06, 05:05 PM (EST)
31. "RE: ATTN: RED INKERS...Some advice from a past red ink winner.."
ask Nemo how it feels to lose to me, he's an expert

. That is all.

Just so other red inkers know, we all all playing for second place when we play for red ink. Emy cheats, there's no way to beat her.

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: ATTN: RED INKERS...Some advice from a past red ink winner.."
Thanks for the info Emydi. I'm a newbie to the game and the whole red ink thing, so thanks for going easy on me. At least me being in the game increases your chances of winning! See ya at Loser Lodge soon (DOH! not that you'll be there, just that I will...I'll go back to my corner now...Please don't hurt me!)

01-19-06, 03:55 PM (EST)
30. "RE: ATTN: RED INKERS...Some advice from a past red ink winner.."
Nothing big has changed in the red-ink. although I do want to point out that having a bootee(or any vote getter for that matter) on your safe list during the probationary period will be worth -3 per vote. Not a straight -10 points. So could be more, could be less.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-19-06, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
PM sent, tribester.

What an incredibly fun game... again. I expect this to be more fun that my third trip to the same place to do something different. For me this is my... h3ll, I don't even know how many times I have played this.

But I got booted so early last time, I need to take advantage of an early opportunity to stick around.

Here are 8 that I think will make the merge... or at least the first round:

Bobby Bruce Cirie Courtney Danielle RuthMarie Shane Terry

Actually, this is quite random. I just like to play.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "I'm IN, Please!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-06 AT 02:27 PM (EST)

How are you, tribe! Can't wait to try my hand at the ole abc again, but as you are suggesting that spoilers go red ink, I think I'll oblige! Only problem is, is that I've never done red ink before so don't really know what to do....for my safe list for the very early bird special, should I list peeps on my list that I think will get the boot?

Before I post it, thought I'd better research it!

Thanks,

the always confused, fp

01-19-06, 09:02 PM (EST)
32. "RE: I'm IN, Please!"
Sweetie, read my intro to red ink play above...except tribe says it's not -10 pts for the bootee in the 1st 3 weeks, only -3 pts per vote...after 1st 3 weeks tho you don't want the bootee on your list or you're off to LL to dance the nite away....

Bring on the competition, baby! It's only so much fun to keep beating nemo...hehehe i said 'beating nemo'

01-22-06, 07:08 AM (EST)
51. "RE: I'm IN, Please!"
Emy has already piped in, so about bootees I couldn't say more than her.

However...I've also changed a couple of other things of note.

Like Immunity.
Each incorrect guess will net you...the eqivalent of the episode number in negatives.

Also, there's a special prize for getting off of exile island.
With benefits for those that collect a lot of them.

Arrgh!
Why do I have to be sooo cryptic?

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-06, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: I'm IN, Please!"
Why do I have to be sooo cryptic?

I can name that answer in one word ... nefarious.

Deer Abbey sig courtesy of tribephyl 2005

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-19-06, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Very early bird entry"
Aras Bobby Bruce Dan Danielle Nick Shane Terry

Hope I'll last a little while this time

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-20-06, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
Weyt do we have to answer the PSQ??? well here is my intial safe list:

ARAS
AUSTIN
BOBBY
BRUCE
DAN
NICK
TERRY
SHANE

Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

01-21-06, 07:42 PM (EST)
45. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
First, what is weyt?
and second.
No, you don't have to answer the PSQ. It's just for fun.

Kermit the Vixen 1639 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-20-06, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kermit%20the%20Vixen Click to send private message to Kermit%20the%20Vixen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Vix Very Early Pix"
OK, Tribe! I'm ready for a new game! As much as I lvoe Loser Lodge, I hope that ABCX does not give me my ticket in! ABC is my fav. Here is my initial safe list:

Terry
Austin
Danielle
Cirie
Aras
Dan
Tina
Nick

- Vix

Holiday Siggie courtesy of TribeElf.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-06, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
Double ditto what the Vixen said!! The ABC has always been my favorite!

I have a couple of questions though, my dear ABCX Host. First, how time-consuming will this game be? How many hours can we expect to put in per week?

Second, like FloPo, I am considering wearing RED this season. Although Mistress Domineering gave a good, concise explanation for beginners, I would like to better understand RedInk play, or perhaps view a link to the Red rules?

01-21-06, 07:37 PM (EST)
42. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
First, how time-consuming will this game be? How many hours can we expect to put in per week?
I can't give you an actual number of hours or minutes each week, but I can guarantee that I'll never have another word game like last season ever again.

Second, like FloPo, I am considering wearing RED this season. Although Mistress Domineering gave a good, concise explanation for beginners, I would like to better understand RedInk play, or perhaps view a link to the Red rules?

There is no set of RedRules just yet.
But I will be more forthcoming in the actual first entry.
For now, I like the whole mystery-thing going on.
Also, emydom may indeed know how to play the red-end, but, I will even change it a little for her too.
So that everyone will be on a somewhat even ground when they start.

01-21-06, 07:57 PM (EST)
46. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
Also, emydom may indeed know how to play the red-end, but, I will even change it a little for her too.
So that everyone will be on a somewhat even ground when they start.

Does that mean that you are giving Emy +100 points to start the game since she's a previous winner, but still making her play RedInk?

I know I should give it up, but a guy's got to try right?

01-21-06, 08:48 PM (EST)
48. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
<snort><spit-take>
Although this sounds like a good idea it is wholly unfair.
And frankly quite dangerous. Best not to tempt the dragon with unfair disadvantages.

I would have included your name in the "change it a little for (them)" statement I made above but emydi seems to be the major target of everyone this season. (Affording you a sneak-attack, maybe?) Even though it will be changing for you as well.

Mind you, not drastically ... but there will be some other considerations needed for a successful red-ink win.

I also want to make sure that everyone who is not playing for red-ink knows that their game may be slightly altered as well.
I don't want to go so far as to say I've changed the way the ABC is played, forever. But it's possible.

01-23-06, 10:46 AM (EST)
53. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
My dear Tribey...I don't mind rule changes, bring em on...but I would like you to confirm that the rule changes do not affect our early bird entries here...bc that would indeed be unfair...

nemo...my poor little misguided nemo....

01-23-06, 05:37 PM (EST)
55. "Confirmation"
I would like you to confirm that the rule changes do not affect our early bird entries here...bc that would indeed be unfair...

No the rule changes are currently in effect and will not alter your Very-Early-Bird Entries any more than they already are.

Hmmm? ...<head-scratch> ... I'm even confusing myself.

Okay, I'm not making new rules as I go along.
I've already made the changes and the V-E-B entries are part of those changes.

And, just to reiterate the VEB rules...

Your Very-Early-Bird Entry will only reap a special prize if you keep the entry as your first week entry. With no changes.

In the Wk1 entry thread, I will post a list of the survivors each VEB player picked.
At that moment it will be up to each player whether to keep their "safe-list" as is or change it.
If you change it, no special prize.

01-21-06, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
I can't give you an actual number of hours or minutes each week, but I can guarantee that I'll never have another word game like last season ever again.

Oh, I do declare! Scarlett hums to self ... <Celebrate, celebrate ... dance to the musicccccccccccc...> and jumps for joy!!

What a relief, Mistah Tribe!! In that case, I do declare, I shall be obliged to play the ABCX this year! And, as Gawd is my witness, I think I shall rather like playin' your game, fiddle.dee.dee!

Scarlett

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-21-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Can I still join?"
If yes, then here are my picks:

Aras
Terry
Bruce
Shane
Danielle
Dan
Bobby
Austin

01-21-06, 07:38 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Can I still join?"
You bet. In fact you are quite early.
Welcome to the ABC, xwraith.

Road Kill 1101 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-06, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Road%20Kill Click to send private message to Road%20Kill Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Very Early Bird Special"
Aras, Bruce, Terry, Danielle, Melinda, Dan, Nick, Bobby

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-06, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "S12 ABC: A VERY EARLY BIRD ENTRY "
My most favorite game to play beside Mayan Mask Mayhem (thanks for that tribe). I so love ABC. I jumped in last year with both feet and a dictionary and finished the game. "Oh My Gawd!" Let me introduce myself:

S11 ABC MAYAN 2nd place RED INK

Don't get mad at me emydi, always told me to do it.

This is a very fun game to play and I believe you can spend as much time as you want. I put a lot of time into last seasons game. Part of the time was learning how to get around the boards and post messages. I didn't start out red ink but my score was close to 0. Tribe suggested playing for red. It really kicked some cobwebs out of my head.

Tribe is one of the best host out there. He answers all questions, gently guides, has one of the best sigs out there, has more twist and turns than other games, and have I sucked up enough yet tribey.

My safe list: Courtney, Bruce

AND TRIBE, as always I will be playing for RED INK.

My PQS will be coming later this evening.

bighair 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-21-06, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bighair Click to send private message to bighair Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
PM sent.

Aras
Austin
Dan
Danielle
Nick
Sally
Shane
Terry

01-21-06, 07:40 PM (EST)
44. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
Welcome to the ABC, bighair.
I just lvoe having new players.

mckelviej 324 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-06, 05:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mckelviej Click to send private message to mckelviej Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
So it's time for another shot at the ABC, well I hope I last longer than last time.

My PSQ has just been completed and sent.

As for my early Safe List:
Aras, Bruce, Cirie, Courtney, Danielle, Melinda, Shane, Terry

MJewel 1951 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-06, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MJewel Click to send private message to MJewel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-06 AT 06:54 PM (EST)

Tribe,

Looks like it is going to be a really great and fun season! Here is my list and PM was sent for questionaire .

List:

Aras
Danielle
Cirie
Shane
Courtney
Bruce
Sally
Terry

01-24-06, 05:13 AM (EST)
60. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
Hiya MJ!
Good to see you.
And...
I hate to do this but...
Ummm...if you want to qualify for the Very-Early-Bird bonus, I suggest you cut your list down to 8 survivors.

MJewel 1951 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MJewel Click to send private message to MJewel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
OOOOOOOppppssssie...<grin>...thanks for letting me know Tribe! Guess I miscounted...it's fixed now .

MJ

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-06, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-06 AT 12:19 PM (EST)

Greetings oh nefarious one!
Maybe I will last longer this season.

My very early list:
Aras, Bruce, Bobby, Nick, Shane, Dan, Terry, Austin

PM on its way soon.

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed" - Rudy Boesch

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-06, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
Sorry -- I'm just now recovering from seeing Jonnie Fairplay on the hockey game... <gag gag cough cough>

But by unentry is as follows:

In keeping with my new Alpha strategy safe week one:

Aras/Austin/Bobby/Bruce

Mo0 427 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-24-06, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mo0 Click to send private message to Mo0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "Sneaky earlybird, you sneaky bird!"
Austin, Bobby, Courtney, Dan, Nick, Ruth Marie, Sally, and Terry.

-Mo0cow--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-24-06, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "VEBS"

uh.
bobby, bruce, dan, nick, cirie, sally

I'll PM the questionnaire.

taffnic 5392 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
I'll give this game a shot.

safe list: Aras,Cirie, Nick,Ruth Marie,Dan,Austin,Sally,Bobby

01-25-06, 06:18 AM (EST)
64. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
Good to have you aboard, taffnic.

Be ready to have a little fun.

01-25-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
65. "I'm back and I'm in!!"
I have elected to play for the black title, not red. I'm afraid I get too switched around and confused when playing in red, therefore, I'll make it easy on myself and go for the Gold!!

Here is my safelist:

Aras / Austin / Nick / Danielle / Courtney / Bruce / Shane / Bobby

agressionx 1136 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agressionx Click to send private message to agressionx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
My first safe list

Cirie, Aras, Terry, Shane, Bruce, Austin, Bobby, Nick

CutsyTootsy 1795 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CutsyTootsy Click to send private message to CutsyTootsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
Hi Tribe! I missed the whole last season (hope that doesn't hurt me any) but I'm back and ready for all the fun! I'll PM you my answers asap, but I just want to say thanks for all the well wishes from last fall- don't want people to think you are sweet or anything, but you are a nice guy (cute little dog though).

Oh, and if you are creating any extra sigs I sure would take one that didn't show me quite so nice- I guess my sig name makes people think I'm all custy you know. Thanks and I look forward to a new survivor!

Phoenixmon's work!

Jenna_F 310 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna_F Click to send private message to Jenna_F Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-06 AT 08:40 PM (EST)

I'll play, guess i just missed posting for the early bird bonus, so i suppose i shouldn't even be posting here and I should just wait for the official sign up thread.(Edit: which i see was posted just as i made this post)

This game accepts an unlimited number of players right?

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-06, 03:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: S12 Anti-Boot Contest: Introduction thread."
No early birdy for me Oh well, PM sent and will make entry in other thread. Thanks for doing this again tribe!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •