The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Weight Loss Theory"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-29-01, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Weight Loss Theory"
The Weight Loss Theory proved to be very reliable last season. All those individuals who were reported to have had "significant weight loss",(25-35lbs)stayed in the game past the merge. The list included Colby, Rodger, Nick, Keith, Amber; don't remember who else, but it was 100% accurate.

This season, thanks to Noitall30, we have the list of contestants just as they have come back from Africa, before they have too much time to regain lost weight. We are also well on our way to knowing their hometowns, thanks to the efforts of many, and have a great opportunity to gather weight loss information and verify it with photographic evidence from local papers, neighbors, etc.

So, I hope we can use this thread for that kind of information.

The discussion has already begun under the contestant threads for "Big Tom" Buchannon, reported to have lost 65lbs and Lindsey Richter, who has been photographed since her return(bandana/cornrows) without any apparent weight loss.

Preliminary conclusions: Lindsey Richter gets the boot premerger.
"Big Tom" goes far...

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Exactly right, Krautboy AyatollahKhomeini 08-29-01 1
   Yes, please, no stalking... SurvivorBlows 08-29-01 2
       Does That Mean... IceCat 08-29-01 3
           thank you Ice Cat Lisapooh 08-30-01 5
 RE: Weight Loss Theory PepeLePew13 08-30-01 4
   RE: Weight Loss Theory SurvivorBlows 08-30-01 6
       Linz AyatollahKhomeini 08-30-01 7
           RE: Linz moonbaby 08-30-01 8
           What about this...? mistofleas 09-10-01 14
   RE: Weight Loss Theory Thrill Seeker 10-09-01 27
 We need "after" pictures... Krautboy 08-31-01 9
   RE: We need "after" pictures... diamond 09-10-01 12
       RE: We need "after" pictures... SurvivorBlows 09-10-01 13
       Fattening up... dangerkitty 09-26-01 17
 Carl is now "considerably thinner..... Krautboy 09-10-01 10
   RE: Carl is now "considerably thinn... PepeLePew13 09-10-01 11
 Following up on Big Tom... PepeLePew13 09-26-01 15
 RE: Weight Loss Theory jtmorgan61 09-26-01 16
   Running weight loss summary AyaK 09-26-01 18
       RE: Running weight loss summary Lurking 10-01-01 22
 More on Tom jtmorgan61 09-27-01 19
   RE: More on Tom Mumbo Jumbo 09-28-01 20
       RE: More on Tom rjp202 09-30-01 21
           RE: More on Tom managerr 10-02-01 23
               RE: Marilyn weight loss mavsfan 10-02-01 24
                   RE: Marilyn weight loss MakeItStop 10-03-01 25
                   RE: Marilyn weight loss Lightmage81 10-10-01 29
 RE: Weight Loss Theory lroy 10-04-01 26
   The Fat Guy Correlation Thrill Seeker 10-09-01 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-29-01, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Exactly right, Krautboy"
...meaning that pictures of or contact with the current acquaintances of any of these people would be invaluable -- although we don't really want to become stalkers.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-29-01, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Yes, please, no stalking..."
I had a conversation with sleeeve about this last night, and I'm just going to post my feelings on the topic here.

I just want to be clear that "SurvivorBlows.com" or myself is not advocating or supporting the "stalking," phoning, or harassment OF ANY KIND for these people.

These are normal people, and in our efforts to have some fun, let's not take it to such extremes that we become the "paparazzi" (or worse) that everyone hates. Driving by the home address on the off chance they are outside is fine -- parking the car outside the house for an hour or two, is, IMHO -- a bit over the line. Walking up and knocking on the door would also be a no-no in my book.

If they work in a job that involves dealing with the public (bartender, whatever), then it's fine to patronize their workplace, but if anyone is going to try these things, please try and keep it reasonable...

Btw, the above ESPECIALLY applies to the "unclear" candidates. Already we've had a couple of folks -- who turned out to NOT be contestants -- start to get harassed and have their livelyhood effected because of not so much the irresponsible actions of the spoiling communities, but instead primarily as a result of the tendency of a number of print media sources to take something that appears on a website as a rumor and confusingly represent it as FACT in their publications. I understand that some actions have been taken to correct this, but it's something I'm just asking that folks keep in mind when posting information.

-SB

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-01, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Does That Mean..."
... that I have to return the wireless microphones and the night-vision goggles?

Meow!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-01, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "thank you Ice Cat"
For the first ROTFLMAO of the day.

much appreciated.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-01, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Weight Loss Theory"
Assuming it's true that Big Tom lost about 65 lbs, it's a given he goes far, maybe even to the final episode. Lindsey... in my mind, the jury's still out because weight loss can vary wildly from person to person. Sue looked exactly the same from start to end over 13 weeks in S1, while someone like Elisabeth (whom I would have guessed wouldn't show much of a weight loss) did show a tremendous loss.

I'm a pretty athletic guy and I've been known to lose 7-8 pounds simply from playing golf which isn't exactly an over-exertive sport, while I have friends who are bigger than I am but wouldn't lose as much.

I do agree, however, with Lindsey's apparent lack of intelligence combined with a lack of weight loss shown, it strongly indicates an early boot.

Also agree with the call to avoid any stalking! There are plenty of ways to dig up information on a contestant than to try to break in pretending to be a plumber or something like that...

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

08-30-01, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Weight Loss Theory"
>Assuming it's true that Big Tom
>lost about 65 lbs, it's
>a given he goes far,
>maybe even to the final
>episode. Lindsey... in my

Regardless of whether he loses 65 pounds -- or say the report is a bit off and it's only 40 pounds -- I think that he definitely makes the merger. If it's truly 65 pounds, then yes, I'd say a Final Four appearance is likely (I know metabolism is a part of it, but remember metabolism's also adjust during the course of 39 days, so if he loses that much weight, I thing he has to be there for a damn significant stretch of time.)

>mind, the jury's still out
>because weight loss can vary
>wildly from person to person.
> Sue looked exactly the
>same from start to end
>over 13 weeks in S1,
>while someone like Elisabeth (whom
>I would have guessed wouldn't
>show much of a weight
>loss) did show a tremendous
>loss.

Exactly... though we haven't seem much of the converse (someone lasting a short time but losing lots of weight) -- except maybe Dirk???

>I do agree, however, with Lindsey's
>apparent lack of intelligence combined
>with a lack of weight
>loss shown, it strongly indicates
>an early boot.

Yep, Lindsey isn't looking too good right now (I could make a blonde joke here, but I tried to stop doing things like that a few years ago), but hey... we'll have to see.

But no, the cornrows and the bandana on the head the first day back in the States -- and a photo that ran on every wire service in the country -- must have had CBS and MB fuming.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-30-01, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Linz"
>But no, the cornrows and the bandana on the head the
>first day back in the States -- and a photo that ran on every
>wire service in the country -- must have had CBS and MB fuming.

Oh, do you really think MB would be mad at her? Just because she sent out an e-mail to all of her friends telling them that she'd be traveling for the summer -- after they already knew she made the final 50 in the S3 auditions? And because the fact that SHE was known to be in the show enabled someone who found a link between her and a suspected contestant to put together the entire contestant list? That wouldn't tick MB off, would it?

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-01, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Linz"
Clarice better watch out for Hannibal.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-01, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "What about this...?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-01 AT 04:16 PM (EST)

This kinda popped into my brain when I was reading what Aya posted about Lindsey:

Aya said:
<<<<<<Oh, do you really think MB would be mad at her? Just because she sent out an e-mail to all of her friends telling them that she'd be traveling for the summer -- after they already knew she made the final 50 in the S3 auditions? And because the fact that SHE was known to be in the show enabled someone who found a link between her and a suspected contestant to put together the entire contestant list? That wouldn't tick MB off, would it?>>>>>

My thought is this, could Lindsey herself be the ultimate red herring? She has done all sorts of stupid things that would normally be something that MB may start suing her about (or at least warrant a firm spanking)
We know that they held some last minutes auditions, maybe MB in his weird, twisted little brain decided that he was going to find one person to take with them to Africa to throw people off (or perhaps even 2 thus the 18 castaways idea) She hasn't really lost weight. Cornrows? Bandana? Sending out a mass email? In my mind this is pretty darned suspect.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a wunderin' big time.

mistofleas --knows she's not a spoiler, but just can't help herself

edited for spelling

Thrill Seeker 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-09-01, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thrill%20Seeker Click to send private message to Thrill%20Seeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Weight Loss Theory"
> Sue looked exactly the
>same from start to end
>over 13 weeks in S1,
>while someone like Elisabeth (whom
>I would have guessed wouldn't
>show much of a weight
>loss) did show a tremendous
>loss.

Sue actually lost a lot of weight. In the "Best of Survivor 1" video where they showed the mirror and weigh in competition, Sue had lost about 25 pounds at that point and definitely looked much thinner than when she got there.
However, Pepe's point about metabolisms vary greatly is correct. Lindsey might have lasted a long time and just happened to be on a team that kept winning food rewards so she lost negigible weight. She probably didn't make it to the merge, but Lindsey might surprise you with how long she lasted with such a tiny brain.

08-31-01, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "We need "after" pictures..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-01 AT 11:21 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-31-01 AT 02:36 AM (EST)

We have "before" pictures starting to come in...

Carl:

"Jessie":

"Kelly"

"Ethan"

...now all we need are some "after" pictures so that we can estimate weight loss.

Krautboy

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-10-01, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: We need "after" pictures..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-01 AT 10:09 AM (EST)

I hope this doesn't come off as too negative, but keep in mind
that the "before" photos we have may not necessarily be an
accurate measure of what these people weighed before they went
to Africa. For instance, were those photos of Carl and Jessie
from the newspaper article take specificaly for the article,
or were they older photos? That photo of Ethan, since it
came from a high school yearbook, is likely almost ten years
old. Weights can fluctuate significantly in even short periods
of time. Plus, haven't some Survivor contestants (e.g., Jeff
Varner) in the past deliberately put on weight right before
going on the show in anticipation of the weight loss they
assumed would happen? The before photos we have would not
reflect this.

Anyway, just something to think about.

diamond

"So typical, a battle of wits, and I've come half prepared." - The Trashcan Sinatras

09-10-01, 12:18 PM (EST)
13. "RE: We need "after" pictures..."
Exactly the same point I was going to make diamond...

For starters, I believe the above Carl photo is a file photo from the "magnet" story that his local paper did on him a couple of years ago. I am uncertain of the original source for the Jessie photo that they published. Can anyone tell which police uniform that is? (didn't she work for two different towns forces before going on Survivor?)

Kelly's images obviously look like they were taken by a little web camera thing -- something like the Connectix things that were so popular a couple of years ago or one of those X10 camera's we all see an every popup. Based on the settings, etc. my guess would be that they were from her years at Duke -- but beyond that who knows.

Personally I don't see Kelly (or probably 90% of the rest of the women out there) intentionally packing on the pounds before going on S3 (imagine the bikini horror!) but for some of the guys (Tom, Frank, Lex, Carl) I can certainly envision that occurring.

...for the more "hardbody" guys -- or at least the ones that are looking like they'll be the "hardbody" guys -- like Ethan, Clarance, and Silas, I also don't see them bulking up before the show. They care enough about their looks to keep in great shape in their normal life so I doubt they are going to take the "risk" that, should they get voted out in Episode 3, the only image the public has of them is as these "overweight" (in their own minds) specimens.

...particularly Silas, who was ALREADY pursuing a Hollywood career before getting on the show.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-26-01, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Fattening up..."
New article that specifically addresses the weight issue:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010925/re/leisure_survivor_dc_1.html

The pertinent lines:

Hot bodies are out and carbohydrates are in on the next edition of CBS's smash reality series ``Survivor.

Unlike the second ``Survivor'' that featured a younger cast chock full of beautiful bods, the new cast is a more motley crew whose members cover a wider range of ages and are even endowed with the once unthinkable: body fat.

Among the 16 contestants on ``Survivor: Africa,'' two are ''tubby guys,'' said Joe Rhodes, a TV Guide reporter who spent a few days in July on the set with the crew.

One of the two tubby fellows, Tom Buchanan, is a 46 year old goat farmer from Virginia. The other, Carl Bilancione, is a 46-year-old dentist from Florida.

One of the two tubby fellows, Tom Buchanan, is a 46 year old goat farmer from Virginia. The other, Carl Bilancione, is a 46-year-old dentist from Florida.

``The first cast was interesting, and the second was more eye candy -- many people thought they were boring,'' said Rhodes, whose stories on the new show will appear in next week's issue of TV Guide. ``The third cast is a combination.''

In fact, the third group may be more well rounded -- literally -- on purpose on the advice of the ``Survivor'' show doctor who told people to fatten up in advance, Rhodes said.

``All the people got so thin last year that these people were advised they should carbo load,'' he said. ``The calorie intake is 200 to 500 calories a day once the show starts.''

The food situation -- already bad in the first two shows -- will be even worse in the third show because no hunting is allowed on the game reserve where the action is set.

``There will be no wandering piglets this year,'' Rhodes said, in a reference to a graphic and controversial sequence in the second ``Survivor'' where contestants hunted down and killed a wild pig.

And some bonus text - looks like their will be more "Smelli Kimmi"s this time around:

Rhodes said this year's crew also will likely be much smellier than past ones due to limited washing opportunities. The one major river accessible to the cast is infested with crocodiles, while a nearby spring contains numerous parasites.

``They're going to be hotter, they're going to be hungrier and they're going to be stinkier,'' Rhodes said.

dangerkitty

09-10-01, 02:28 AM (EST)
10. "Carl is now "considerably thinner...""
Here's a report from GatorGrrrrl, who was a patient of Carl Bilancione since he came back from Kenya. The report describes Carl's weight as "considerably thinner". Since he was a marathoner and in good shape before he left, this is probably a good indication that he is a good candidate for making it to the merger. We could use more specifics. Anyone need dental work?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
GatorGrrrrrl
26 posts 08-28-01, 02:11 PM (PST)

20. "RE: Carl Bilancione"
In response to message #0

LAST EDITED ON 08-28-01 AT 02:13 PM (PST)
Anyone waiting to hear from me today ?? LOL The novocaine is still wearing off (couldn't have guessed THAT would be happening !), but here's my report:

Folks, I am 99% certain this is our guy.

Physical observations:

He has a dark tan. Especially on his face.

Dr. B is now sporting a FULL beard (a la Keith), which I have never seen him do before. His hair has grown out longer than I've ever seen in person or in any pictures. Both his beard and hair are a mixture of dark and gray (I'd say about 60% gray), he definitely does not color his hair like the dark hair you see in his group picture. He most closely resembles the picture of him on the motorcycle, but the tan, long hair and beard make him look CONSIDERABLY younger than 45. He was much more handsome than I remember too ! Makes his beautiful green eyes stand out...but I digress.

Although he is a runner, he has an average build --- up until now. He has several pictures in his waiting room of himself at the different marathons he's run, the most recent one was from 1999 --- and his build was still average in that picture. He is now considerably thinner than his pictures, and he is much thinner than I have seen him before. He was wearing short-sleeved scrubs and he does have that wiry-armed look that we saw on Rodger and Keith last season.

Disposition:
He was VERY nice --- laughed and joked with me a bit. Chatted about a couple things we have in common. Didn't have a chance to talk with him about his summer, as he seemed very busy. He did, however, take as much time as I needed to go over what my dental problems were.

The clincher:
On the way out, I mentioned that I tried to get an appointment in July but was not able to. The receptionist said he was "out" the entire month of July. I didn't feel comfortable pressing her for more info, but I will get it out of her at my next appt (which *WILL* be on a Friday !)

If I had to bet, I'd say Dr. B makes it far --- the physical changes coupled with his sparkling personality strongly suggests so.

Now this Gator has had ENOUGH dentistry for one day !

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I think this counts as confirmation and as indication of "significant weight loss". Carl makes it to thr merger with "Big Tom"...

Krautboy

09-10-01, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Carl is now "considerably thinner...""
Good find, Krautboy and interesting comments from Gatorgrrrl... One thing I do find interesting is that Carl would go right back to his dentistry job and risk having people grill him with questions or info on Survivor so soon after getting back. I would think he'd take some time off to fly under the radar before the show and take in all the publicitiy tours after it starts. But that's just what I think I'd do...

So... the early scorecard is:

Likely gone before merger -- Lindsey
Likely there past merger -- Big Tom (to final 4?) and Carl

09-26-01, 02:33 PM (EST)
15. "Following up on Big Tom..."
Here's a link in today's news that says Big Tom Buchanan has lost 80 pounds. 80 pounds in a maximum of 39 days is huge, even for a big guy. I don't know about you, but this all but confirms to me that he goes very far in the game. I don't think he'd lose that much simply getting to the merger, so I believe we're talking Final 3 or Final 4 here.

http://www.bristolnews.com/MGBJ5IYH2SC.html

The rumor is true

By JASON REEVES
Bristol Herald Courier

Yadda yadda yadda... He had lost about 80 pounds, had grown a full beard and would neither confirm nor deny rumors that he had been out of town shooting the show. The show's rules wouldn't allow him to. ... yadda yadda yadda.

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-26-01, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Weight Loss Theory"
Lack of weight loss was less helpful, but here's another one (pulled from Oakland Press, I think):

But there still are a few imperfect ways to judge success on the show.

Past contestants that advanced over several weeks reported weight losses of between 25 and 40 pounds. Colby Donaldson, Survivor II's runner-up, reportedly lost as much as 45 pounds in the Australian Outback. Black has a similar build.

Friends agree that Black did not lose a significant amount of weight.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Running weight loss summary"
Significant weight loss: Big Tom, Carl.
Minimal or no weight loss: Lindsey, Clarence.
No data: the other 12.

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-01-01, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Running weight loss summary"
Would it be safe to suggest that Clarence doesn't make it to the last six?

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-27-01, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "More on Tom"
Well, this is less helpful. From the Smyth County News:

"Not only did he help his granddaddy on the farm, but I enjoy watching him play," Raymond said.

Raymond is sure of two things on the show. Yes, Buchanan did lose some weight while in Africa, but not the 40-plus pounds spoken about in rumors. Also, if Tom is wearing any outfit on the show, it may be his farming bib overalls.

"He’s still the same Tom," Raymond said. "He’s still wearing the same britches. I expect him to wear those bib overalls on the show. He’s a bib overall man."

If one is left to wonder how many overalls could be bought with $1 million, they need not ask the Buchanan family. They will remain steadfast and silent.

"We have to go by the rules and we will continue to go by the rules," Raymond said.

Think this guy is an MB plant, anyone? Do we have a reliable source that he really did lose 60 lbs?

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-01, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: More on Tom"
<http://www.smythnews.com/MGB43U8A3SC.html>

I have attached the link to the article jpmorgan found. There is a good picture of Tom at the link and he is a big guy, a very big guy. He is probably 250 pounds at least. If he lost less than forty as stated by Raymond, his father, I'm not so sure he goes as far as we thought originally. He has a least sixty pounds on Colby and Keith and they both lost 25-30 pounds. He probably got past merger, but I'm not sure if he went to the final four as we had been thinking. So many conflicting reports on his weight loss, but you would think his father would have a better idea than most?

rjp202 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-30-01, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjp202 Click to send private message to rjp202 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: More on Tom"
just something more to think about with this weight loss theory. i was actually in south africa for almost the same duration as suvivor 3(july 3-august 20), and i managed to lose about 15-20lbs. although i may have eaten less and worked out a little more, it was not even a fraction of what the contestants endured.

although tom's significant weight loss may be strongly associated with his apparent success in the game, he could just as much have been booted off the show, stayed in africa until the end, and lost the weight due to an altered diet.

so once again, just something to think about.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-02-01, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: More on Tom"
Didn't Marilyn lose a significant amount of weight despite only being on Ogakor for 9 days? It was one time the weight loss theory was slightly "off" as I remember speculation that Marilyn made the merge or was one of the last pre-merge victims of her tribe.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-02-01, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Marilyn weight loss"
I remember very well, Marilyn with her granny cover-up swim suits in the the outback, and the horror I felt when she was back in the real world showing how much weight she had lost in a red thong bikini.

I also remember the gaunt, concentration camp look of Dirk after just a couple of weaks in Borneo.

Nick too lost quite a bit of weight, but with the parasite or whaterver illness he was suffering from, he probably would have resulted in a fair amount of weight loss regardless of where he was. ie. in the outback or back at the ranch.

Incidently, does anyone remember how much weight Elizabeth or Tina lost in the outback?

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-03-01, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Marilyn weight loss"
I think they each lost about 15 pounds.

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 04:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Marilyn weight loss"
A whole 3rd grader right?

well that was for 4 people so a 1.5grader?

seriously If i can recall Tina alone lost more than 15 pounds..
Richard Hatch lost something like 39 pounds...

BUT Susan Hawk lost only about 7 pounds
(figures off my head, so may not be accurate, but along those lines)

therefore the pattern i see is that the bigger you were at the start more weight one would lose if one made it far enuff. however the theory is not exactly full-proof.....

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-04-01, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Weight Loss Theory"
Long time lurker with nothing to add...
A girl that i work with (uh oh, another friend of a friend) knows Lex, and in addition to being sick with parasites, he has apparently lost a lot of weight while he was gone. She saw him one month ago and said he was still gaunt and sick. He wouldn't say a thing about the show, but his appearance was enough.
Yeah! A first post that is actually a contribution!

Thrill Seeker 220 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-01, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thrill%20Seeker Click to send private message to Thrill%20Seeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "The Fat Guy Correlation"
If you look at history, there is sort of a correlation to being overweight when you show up and getting close to winning. Richard, Sue, Rodger, Kelly, and Keith were all chubby when they arrived and made it close to the end. I have a feeling Big Tom's weight was lost during the game implying he made it to the near end.
Of course, there is the other extreme where the very skinny people like Lis, Colleen and Tina make it a long way too. Maybe this observation is meaningless.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •