The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Country vs. Rock final"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-19-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Country vs. Rock final"
I don't know about you, but this seems like the best final so far on A.I. We got stuck with a lot of R & B vs R & B singers, or R & B vs. Pop singers. We now have two strong genre singers and we know we are going to get two different and distinct performances from the two, as they will most likely be singing the same song in the finals.

Although Bo is very very very tough to beat (To Carrie-"It'll take a miracle" Miricale Max, "Princess Bride".) I think Carrie is the best contrast to his style, and it will make it a very fun final. And Carrie will sell a lot of records even though she probably won't win.

Any thoughts on the final?

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Country vs. Rock final scottyg124 05-19-05 1
 RE: Country vs. Rock final geekboy 05-19-05 2
   RE: Country vs. Rock final geg6 05-19-05 3
       RE: Country vs. Rock final geekboy 05-19-05 10
   RE: Country vs. Rock final okaychatt 05-19-05 4
       RE: Country vs. Rock final geekboy 05-19-05 11
           RE: Country vs. Rock final okaychatt 05-19-05 20
   RE: Country vs. Rock final scottyg124 05-19-05 5
   RE: Country vs. Rock final tamarama 05-19-05 6
   RE: Country vs. Rock final TanNymph 05-19-05 9
   RE: Country vs. Rock final JOSHIDOL 05-19-05 12
       RE: Country vs. Rock final geekboy 05-19-05 13
           RE: Country vs. Rock final JOSHIDOL 05-19-05 16
               RE: Country vs. Rock final geekboy 05-19-05 18
                   RE: Country vs. Rock final JOSHIDOL 05-20-05 26
                   RE: Country vs. Rock final cjhope117 05-24-05 47
   RE: Country vs. Rock final nicola 05-20-05 25
 RE: Country vs. Rock final emydi 05-19-05 7
   RE: Country vs. Rock final Flairmarq 05-19-05 8
   RE: Country vs. Rock final tamarama 05-19-05 19
 RE: Country vs. Rock final Tahj 05-19-05 14
   RE: Country vs. Rock final Bebo 05-19-05 15
       RE: Country vs. Rock final Tahj 05-19-05 17
       RE: Country vs. Rock final kathliam 05-21-05 36
 RE: Country vs. Rock final knowitall 05-19-05 21
   RE: Country vs. Rock final geekboy 05-19-05 22
 RE: Country vs. Rock final cambo 05-20-05 23
 RE: Country vs. Rock final sodiumswirl 05-20-05 24
   RE: Country vs. Rock final zazzy 05-20-05 27
       Current odds Flairmarq 05-20-05 28
           RE: Current odds sodiumswirl 05-20-05 31
       RE: Country vs. Rock final okaychatt 05-20-05 29
   RE: Country vs. Rock final sodiumswirl 05-20-05 30
 RE: Country vs. Rock final probably clueless 05-20-05 32
 RE: Country vs. Rock final Devious Weasel 05-20-05 33
 The Voting Public nicholas 05-21-05 34
   RE: The Voting Public Spidey 05-21-05 35
 RE: Country vs. Rock final true 05-22-05 37
   RE: Country vs. Rock final okaychatt 05-22-05 38
   agree with your disagree lovwigglesworth 05-23-05 41
       RE: agree with your disagree geekboy 05-23-05 42
 RE: Country vs. Rock final gela 05-23-05 39
   RE: Country vs. Rock final TxMom 05-23-05 40
       RE: Country vs. Rock final okaychatt 05-23-05 43
           Bo vs. Carrie niteowl 05-23-05 44
               RE: Bo vs. Carrie geekboy 05-23-05 45
                   RE: Bo vs. Carrie redheaded_sweetheart 05-25-05 48
 RE: Country vs. Rock final mookiemeister 05-24-05 46
 RE: Country vs. Rock final 1simplyme 05-26-05 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

scottyg124 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-19-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail scottyg124 Click to send private message to scottyg124 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
This is actually the one final so far that I don't care about, they are both good singers, but I think everyone that would have made a great idol already got ousted, I'll still watch but definetly will not be voting

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-19-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
OK, its no surprise to regulars on this board that i'm a Bo voter. I was originally hoping for a Bo vs. Constantine final, and my appreciation for Bo has grown week after week.

Common sense tells me that Bo is on one of the most incredible rolls in AI history, and that he is going to be very hard to beat...but then my paranoid side keeps asking "Why is Carrie still around?!"

In the end, i'm a bit worried for a few reasons

(1) Simon predicted Carrie would win, and his track record for picking the winner is spotless
(2) The voting public. 'nuff said
(3) Vonzell & Anthony fans. I suspect they'll go to Carrie over Bo

Please cheer me up and tell me why Bo will win.

geekboy

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
Ummm...

because he's exciting to watch, has a great voice, and can make you feel the emotion of the song. All things, excluding the great voice part, that his competition could not do if her life depended on it.

Plus the fact that he's way ahead of her in the polls.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

05-19-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
Hi geg -

You and I understand that because it appears as if you and I have common sense.

We're relying on the voting public to have common sense.

We're relying on a massive number of teenagers to have common sense.

If the voting public had common sense, Nadia wouldn't have been booted so early, etc, etc, etc.

I don't think he'll win in a landslide, i think it will be as close as Ruben/Clay.

geekboy

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-19-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
<Vonzell & Anthony fans. I suspect they'll go to Carrie over Bo

Why?

I think Vonzell's will go to Bo, simply because he's NOT country.

I'm not sure who Anthony's will go to, though I suspect Bo. Again, it's because you're either a country fan, or you're not.

I think Bo will attract more than Carrie.

But don't bet on it.

Next week will be interesting.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

05-19-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
HI Okaychat -

My thought process re: anthony/vonzell's fans going to Carrie is because Anthony/Vonzell/Carrie fit the so-called "American Idol Mold", whereas Bo doesn't compared to the other idols.

Now you and I may say "So what?! He's the best" but again we're talking about the voting public and all those teeny-boppers.....

geekboy

05-19-05, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
<Anthony/Vonzell/Carrie fit the so-called "American Idol Mold", whereas Bo doesn't compared to the other idols.

Sounds logical. Guess we'll just have to wait until next week, then use 20/20 retrovision to figure out why.

scottyg124 26 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail scottyg124 Click to send private message to scottyg124 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
I think more of vonze and anthony votes will go to bo, if they liked country they would already be voting for carrie, I like the vonze and will probably be voting for bo, pretty much sine he's got a good voice and I really don't like country music

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
Plus...

Although everyone has a dull week here or there,

Carrie's had more "weak weeks" overall than Bo -- and more recently. The weeks where Bo wasn't quite as awesome were a while ago.

For the past 2 weeks some people (including David Bloomberg) were seriously talking about Carrie being in danger of going home because of weak performance.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
In an effort to cheer you up, geekboy, I think that Bo should win and will win in a landslide. BUT as you point out the public does crazy things sometimes. I'm trying to look at it this way. Even if Bo doesn't win, he will get a record contract anyway. He will probably be able to make a more "Bo" cd than if he wins and has to make an "idol" cd.

I know I'll be buying in either case. After Tuesday nights performances my 11 year old daughter said "Mom please buy Bo's cd for me." She normally likes "disney" music and country. He already has one convert.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-19-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
Geekboy,
Let me see if I can cheer you up and ease your paranoia. Simon may have predicted Carrie to win but I think he also predicted Latoya and Diana to win last year before he jumped on the Fantasia bandwagon. Last year when Clive Davis was on the show who did he praise the most, Fantasia. Now it was quite obvious who got the most Clive praise the other night: Bo.
American Idol still does not favor a true "country" artist as a winner. I think the show is actually pushing towards a Bo victory like they did last year with Fantasia, some comparisons that may make sense and may not: 1) Fantasia's "Summertime" performance is now being compared to "In A Dream" by Bo. 2) They focused on Fantasia's Mother and daughter last year backstage or in the audience, this year it was Bo's grandmother and 3) isn't a guy suppose to win this year??
Also, my one last most important thing is BO is a much better performer then Carrie. Yes, she has a great voice but would you pay $45 to see her in concert No, some would but I would not. I would like to hear her on a CD and that is it.
So Geekboy I hope as a fellow BO fan that I have eased some your fears.

05-19-05, 04:11 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
I hear what you're saying Josh, and yes it makes sense.

The same arguments COULD have been made for Clay, also, in year #2. I look at the Bo/Carrie matchup as very similar to Ruben/Clay. Ruben wasn't much to watch, nor is Carrie, although all 4 had great voices. Granted, Bo is vastly different than Clay, but they both could be deemed a 'diamond in the rough' so to speak.

also, its important ot remember that on the final night of songs for season 2, Clay clearly outshined Ruben yet Ruben still won. Go figure.

We'll all see what happens soon enough.

geekboy

05-19-05, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
Geekboy,
I think I had read where nobody thought Clay would turn out to be the big success he is today. I think the producers may
have thought that Ruben would outsell Clay, therefore, they pushed for a Ruben victory. They were all wrong on that one. I don't think they want that to happen again. I think they realize Bo will do well and sell well. In my opinion, he may be the best "Idol" yet. Kelly may come close. So put your fears away, I think you got this one in the bag. Of course what do I know??? Just kiddin.

05-19-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
You bring up one point that i've never really believe, that being the producers "pushing" one contestant to win. How on Earth could they do this, with America voting? I simply don't buy it unless you can convince, and please try to.

How do they push for a given contestant to win??? Do tell.

geekboy

05-20-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
Geekboy,
I saw Simon on "Regis & Kelly" and he said that they do have their favorites and the majority of Americans who vote are influenced by what the judges say.. I think at this point
they are pushing for Bo to win becasue I think it is quite obvious that he would be a bigger seller then Carrie. Of course this would only benefit them in the long run. Of course America votes and it is up to them but I think the comments of the judges can sway a lot of people.

cjhope117 584 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-24-05, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cjhope117 Click to send private message to cjhope117 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
There are a lot of "background" things that can affect the audience's perception of the performance. The volume of the music, the set-up of the song (think Anthony vs. Carrie singing If You Don't Know Me By Now), the lighting, the camera angles, even the audience standing and sitting can affect the acoustics which is what we end up hearing. Think of how many times the judges told someone they were fantastic and at home we hear so many screechy and flat notes that the mute button was hit. Or the times the judges told someone they were "pitchy" and at home we are thinking it was the most amazing performance. There are so many things that can be controlled that can affect our perception of the contestants, I wouldn't be surprised to find that the whole show is somewhat "rigged" for a particular person to win.

nicola 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-05, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nicola Click to send private message to nicola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
i had the same concerns as you geekboy
but then after bo's solo performance, he just blew me away.

(1) Simon predicted Carrie would win, and his track record for picking the winner is spotless

true, but when ryan secrest asked him about that later on, he said something along the lines of- well i was right she made it so far, and she has a very good chance of winning. (which means bo also has a very good chance of winning since he made it that far aswell)

(2) The voting public. 'nuff said
you have to remember that the teenage group can be split into many different demographics.
most teenagers i know today are into rock music. the whole developmental-rebelious thing.
i mean i think kids today would be embarassed to say they like country music.

(3) Vonzell & Anthony fans. I suspect they'll go to Carrie over Bo
i thought so too, but then i realized that either their fans are not going to vote for anybody
or
they will vote based on that night's performance. (because they probably focused on vonzel and anthony all along, so didnt really notice the others that much)
so then theyll probably chose bo because as many people have said carrie has been having fairly weak performances and doesnt have much stage presecence.

however the thing is carrie is more marketable and she does have many fans...
so
well just have to wait and see.
but if bo doesnt win, look at it this way, he'll have more freedom to do his own stuff.
-nicky

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
I think they should make them dress up like Donnie and Marie and sing the song

Remember geekboy, Simon this week said (I think in one way or another) that he now thinks Bo will win.

Another interesting thing from last nite, all the teeny boppers that were going crazy over Bo..he has that fan base and then he also has the ahem "more mature women's vote." I think that will win it for Bo, but it will still be close.

05-19-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
I think its a tought call to who'll get the votes from Vonzell and Anthony. The way I see it, teenage girls will be split between the country girl they can relate to (Carrie) and the hunky rock star (Bo).

I would say that more parents and grandparents want Carrie to win, vs. the 16-28 demograpghic, who are more likely to pick Bo, whos is a major demographic here.

I can't predict the vote, but all I can say is that Bo has done an awesome job and I think he has it in the bag.

Let's just hope the drug charges in his past don't come back to harm him when he wins.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
>>I think they should make them dress up like Donnie and Marie and sing the song<<

GREAT!!! Thanks ALOT!!!!

Now I have to go to HR & explain why I was rolling on the floor in my cube.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-19-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
I think next week's performance will determine the winner. They both have followings but if Bo does as well next week as he did this week, I think he'll win.

Does anyone know who got the most votes this week? Was it Bo or Carrie?

Moves courtesy of Syren

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
I think most folks have already made their minds up, and it's just a matter of whose fans will be motivated enough to rabidly attack the phones that night.

Anything interesting on TV the night of the last performances? I know I picked up the phone for the first time this week because TAR had wrapped up for the season. Before, I'd consider voting but would rather spend my time watching TAR.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
True, most have made up their minds, but if someone gives a particularly good or bad performance next week, I think voters could be swayed, especially by those viewers who don't normally vote. It could be those voters who make the difference, assuming that Bo and Carrie are neck and neck. That's why I'd like to know what the vote spread is. Is the number of votes per contestant given anywhere?

Moves courtesy of Syren

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-21-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
Looks like AI is on opposite the season finale of The Contender, a repeat episode of Lost, and an episode of NCIS. Like Bebo, I was too busy watching TAR to vote until last week, when I power voted for Bo.

knowitall 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-19-05, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knowitall Click to send private message to knowitall Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
Fox is probably thanking God Baby V was voted off! If she had won, a big chunk of viewership may have decided AI is just an R&B Star Search and tuned out next year. They need diversity in it's winners.

Now they're probably working on a spin-off "Making Bo's Band" What's a rocker without a band! If they record him with a studio band, it'd be a mistake!

05-19-05, 08:45 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
Bo already has a band. It would be cool if used his own band on the CD.

geekboy

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-05, 07:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
>I don't know about you, but
>this seems like the best
>final so far on A.I.
>We got stuck with a
>lot of R & B
>vs R & B singers,
>or R & B vs.
>Pop singers.

There's never been an R&B vs R&B singer in the final...

About six weeks ago, I pretty much thought it was a foregone conclusion that it would be Carrie vs either Bo or Constantine in the finals, with Carrie winning. Bo has really come on strong in recent weeks and I think he'll win it, deservedly. He's got the total package. Clive Davis knows a good thing when he sees it.

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-20-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
Hmm... shocking.

Article: Carrie Underwood is odds makers favorite for American Idol.

http://www.celebrityspider.com/news/may05/article051305-12.html

But then again, that's what they were saying about Anwar before Disco Week.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
The article is already outdated--the odds included Vonzel.

I think Bo will win--he is the better of the two .

I also think Carrie will get a contract and sell a lot of cd's. It would be nice to have another Clay/Reuben competition in the after market.

Here is another thought about why Bo will win: CBS is chipping away at Idol with a reality show this summer where the winner gets to be the lead singer for INXS. AI/Fox does not want another network to get any share of the music reality show market in prime time.

CBS's show will be a bigger threat than a cable show's Nashville Star. Idol needs to get out there with its own rocker first.

05-20-05, 10:49 AM (EST)
28. "Current odds"
Bodog.com has it posted as:

Carrie 1/1
Bo 3/5

But I think Carrie's is posted wrong, as 2/5 would be more likely. Basically Bo has a slight edge.

05-20-05, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Current odds"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-05 AT 05:31 PM (EST)

You must mean that Carrie should be at 4/5. Or 5/6. Or 6/7. Because if she were at 2/5 then she has the slight edge, not Bo.

Anyway of course they won't have it exactly right... they want to earn $$$ from you. This way they'll earn $1 for each dollar spent on Carrie if Bo wins (minus what they have to pay back: e.g. the 60 cents/dollar spent by people betting on Bo at this final stage); and whatever sum of money spent on Bo if Carrie wins (minus whatever they have to pay back the people who voted for Carrie).

And they also earn $$$ from anyone who placed bets earlier on Vonzell, Anthony, Scott, Constantine, Anwar, Nadia, Nikko, Jessica, Mikalah and Lindsay. The best way to win $$$ from them would've been to place money on Bo when his odds were the longest, say the week after he was relegated to the Bottom 3; and then wait until the season plays itself out.

Well at least I think that's how it works. I could be wrong. If anyone actually bets on these things and know the iintricate details of how they work, please let me know... it's vaguely interesting.

05-20-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
<I think Bo will win--he is the better of the two

Hi zazzy.

Agreed, but it really comes down to how America votes. I find that a scarey thing.

The most deserving doesn't necessarily win, so next week's show down will be interesting.

05-20-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
Hmm you guys are right. Sportsbooks.com (which was what the article I posted about was sourcing) now has them at:

Bo - 5/9 (previously 3/2)

Carrie - 8/5 (previously 5/7)

(copy and paste url: https://sportsbook.worldgaming.net/www.sportsbook.com/cgi_bin/sb23sbodds.cgi?SPORTTYPE=753)

And as Flairmarq earlier mentioned, Bodog.com also gives Bo the advantage:

http://bodog.com/sports-betting/non-sports-events.jsp

(It's right after "Which film will be awarded the Palme d’or award at the 2005 Cannes Film Festival?" and right before "Who will win the 2005 MTV Movie Award for Best Male Performance?" My personal picks for those two questions? Wim Wenders's Don't Come Knockin' and Jamie Foxx for Ray, respectively. But I digress.)

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-05, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"

I'll be voting for Carrie even though I think Bo is unquestionably more talented and deserving.

Carrie is destined to grow up to be the typical shallow and unemotional glam-babe that I usually end up dating. When she's rich and famous and looking for that older guy, I want to be able to tell her, honestly, that I voted for her. Otherwise I just couldn't live with myself.

A Kittyloaf®Original

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-05, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
Carrie. Easily.

I think Carrie got most of Anthony's vote - the teen idol thing. I think Carrie gets most of V's votes - the teen woman thing. Further, her fanbase is already huge.

It should be Bo. But it will be Carrie, as long as she turns in a halfway decent performance. If she sings like she did last week, she'll win.

nicholas 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-21-05, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nicholas Click to send private message to nicholas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "The Voting Public"
While I do like Bo more than I like Carrie, I share the belief of most posters here that whatever happen, these two will sell their debut albums like hotcakes. However I still have a problem as to who will really win it all. Or how close will it be for that matter. Judging by the posts on both here and on idol's website, Bo clearly have the upper hand.

BUT I WAS THINKING, just how many of the actual voters are fond of using the internet and posting their thoughts and voting for online polls like you guys? Are the people who vote on online polls can be considered a reliable sample size of the whole voting public?

What do you think?

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: The Voting Public"
Are the people who vote on online polls can be considered a reliable sample size of the whole voting public?

The on-line polls have been an accurate predictor of the last few boots. If Bo's checking in with 60-some %, I'm guessing he wins this thing.

If Carrie does manage to win, Bo will still do plenty all right for himself.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
I kinda disagree about the clear contrast of the finalists.

IMO, Bo is Southern Rock. I hear country sounds in his voice. "Sweet Home Alabama" "Whipping Post" etc. are Southern Rock songs. Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allman Brothers, The Marshall Tucker Band, Charlie Daniels...That is what I hear with Bo.

Personally, I love that type of music, and I think it's what suits Bo's voice and his image.

I think Carrie will win though. I'm afraid that there are enough voters who are turned off by Bo's style, and Carrie offends nobody. I also think it will be better for Bo's career to come in second. The types of fans who like Bo, don't need the label of American Idol to make them buy records.

05-22-05, 04:51 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
<The types of fans who like Bo, don't need the label of American Idol to make them buy records.

Good point. I'll buy his album, and I've never bought one by an AI before. Not even Clay's.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "agree with your disagree"
I totally agree with your assessment of Bo's style; that it is Southern Rock and that it is wonderful. Alot of this type of rock does in fact cross over and get played on country radio stations. And I love that this sound is coming back into popularity.
There is one thing I disagree with you on though; "Carrie offends nobody". There are people who are offended by the total country-girl image and there are also people who are offended by her apparent lack of emotion. I'm not saying I am one of these offended people, but I know they are out there.

I think this may be the first year we really can't tell who the winner is going to be. All three past finals it was pretty plain who was going to win, even as close as Clay was I think most of us knew Ruben was going to win.

05-23-05, 04:27 PM (EST)
42. "RE: agree with your disagree"
Personally, i was disappointed when Ruben won over Clay. I was convinced that Clay's performances over the final two weeks would win it for him (and should have). Especially his rendition of 'Bridge over...' SHOULD have nailed it. Even Simon agreed....

Oh well, we've all seen who won the record sales battle.

geekboy

gela 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gela Click to send private message to gela Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
I know that this year's finale is going to be the show of show's.Carrie and Bo are exceptional singers and it is going to be a true battle of the best.I belive that the finale will keep all of on the edge of our seats the whole show.We have very much enjoyed this season the best.
Hope that yall ejoy the finale.
gela

TxMom 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom Click to send private message to TxMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
I'm excited about the finals. I will be highly disappointed if Bo doesn't win. So far my favorites have always won. I think Carrie and Bo are closer in style than people think. The difference is Bo is entertaining and Carrie is boring. She has a good voice but no stage presence. I really think she is overrated. Her voice is good, but no better than most of the AI final 24. She is cute and naive, which is appealling to lots of folks. Hopefully American will get it right.

I usually watch Lost and tape AI - I HATE all of the commercials. But this week I will have to tape Lost - which, by the way, IS the FINAL episode of the season -- and watch AI live.

Bo-Hos unite!

05-23-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
<difference is Bo is entertaining and Carrie is boring

Sums it up for me. Carrie's style might not make a difference on a CD, but it's a huge negative for me when seeing her on stage.

It will certainly be interesting. No matter who loses, these boards are gonna light up like the neon signs on the Las Vegas strip.

Here's to a civil discourse. Let the rants begin.

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-23-05, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "Bo vs. Carrie"
I hope I don't get any backlash on this (my ego is a bit fragile right now!) but I'm finding Carrie boring and Bo a little less boring. I find him likeable enough, but no "WOW". I do enjoy his voice though, when he actually sings well and I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to Carrie. I think Bo is one of the few cases where I would rather listen to someone than watch them perform....

05-23-05, 08:56 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Bo vs. Carrie"
I strongly disagree. I think Bo has stage presence and then some. He is head and shoulders above Carrie as a performer.

My only fear about the finale is the song that gets selected for Bo. Hopefully they had a folder full of songs that fit a diverse set of styles and voices. I can't picture Bo singing ANY of the songs from any of the finalists over the past three seasons.

Please, please, please find a true "Bo Song".

geekboy

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Bo vs. Carrie"
I'm with you geekboy. I plan to buy Bo's cd when it comes out, but I really look forward to seeing him perform in person!

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-05, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
I still like Carrie a little better than Bo. I want Carrie to win, but I don't know who will win. Whose fans are more devoted and willing to vote multiple times?

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

1simplyme 55 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1simplyme Click to send private message to 1simplyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Country vs. Rock final"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 09:37 AM (EST)

I guess it depends on what you like. I personally can't stand Country or Rock n Roll. I feel that this years final was the absolute worse! Bo and Carrie Suck! None of the final contestants of this year deserve to be the American Idol. Carrie was chosen by Simon from day one! Oh yeah, didn't you know it's all up to Simon now?

Simply put, Simply me.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •