The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition- Ohio"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition- Ohio"
My parents report that Ty and crew have been working on a house in a suburb of Youngstown, Ohio (Boardman) for the past week.

The house on Arlene Ave. in Boardman, OH is the home of Jeff Novak and his three daughters are 6 yrs, 2 yrs and 6 months. Jeff's wife Jackie died of a pulmonary embolism on Mother's day 2005.

The 76-yr old house that suffers from sewage back-up in the basement was demolished. The new house was raised in 4 days. A local contractor built the house. The family was sent on a Florida vacation and is expected to return to return today Wednesday to see the finished house.

Tons of people have been coming by every day to watch the contruction and the police have three streets blocked off before and after their street because of the number of on-lookers. Also many of the neighbors yards were trampled on- the producers said they would pay for any damage to neighbors yards.

The episode in supposed to air in November.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition-... samboohoo 10-20-05 1
 RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition-... jkokoj 10-21-05 2
   RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition-... blacknwhitedog 10-24-05 4
 RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition-... SurvivorBlows 10-21-05 3
 RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition-... Tamena 10-25-05 5
   RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition-... DonnaLynn 10-25-05 6
 RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition-... blacknwhitedog 11-03-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-05, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition- Ohio"
I just love this show. I always end up crying every freaking week.

Nutzy skeered me

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-21-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition- Ohio"
I love this show too but heard from someone, possibly on this board, that witnessed or helped with the building of one of the houses that Ty does not actually do any work. That he is really moody only comes out for the actual filmed segments and that the only one that does work is Paul.

I really hated to hear that b/c I thought everyone always put their all into these homes.

10-24-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition- Ohio"
According to the local paper- ALL of the work was done by local contractors and local volunteers- then Ty just kind of shows up.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-05, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition- Ohio"
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-05 AT 06:28 PM (EST)

Extreme Makeover was in the Boston area a couple of weeks ago -- and in a "small world" moment I learned that the house they were tearing down was the home of a guy in my baseball keeper league and the place where we hold our auction every year.

The filming ended up receiving all kinds of coverage from the local media, and since the Red Sox were polite enough to loss to the ChiSox in three games, Curt Schilling (who lives in the same small town as the family during the season) was conveniently available to participate in the home's Sunday unveiling. The episode is also expected to air in November. I hear they built a mini Fenway Park Green Monster in the backyard.

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-25-05, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition- Ohio"
We're hearing rumblings of Ty and Company coming to Hillsborough NJ some time in the very near future. The family's home burned to the ground and they've been left with nothing.
I go past the house all the time, and there's been all kinds of people wandering the property, I'll keep you posted here if the rumors do turn out to be true.

We're all looking forward to seeing the show here in NJ if they do really show up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-25-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition- Ohio"
Let's think about this. Could you imagine if Ty and the rest of the TV Crew actually did all or most of the work??? No person could work like this without any kind of break for months on end... The person would just keel over... I kind of expected that the group was just for PR... What matters in the end is that people are being helped...

P.S. I used to watch this show religiously but like with the regular EM, I got tired of it. It's the same thing every week and I just got bored...

Donna's Website: http://www.geocities.com/craftscrochetnmore/index.htm

11-03-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition- Ohio"
I finally got to drive by the house- it's nice- it's a 2-story colonial and it's blue with a little white fence. There is a round stained-glass window in the top eave that is a picture of an angel- it's supposed to symbolize the mom that died. They did really nice landscaping.

The house is on a really crappy street though- the houses are close together and all the rest of the houses are really run down. I found out my cousin's husband did some of the drywall and the producers wanted to shoot a little segment of some kids trick-or-treating so my cousin's little girl might be on the show in costume- but they told her it might get cut out when they edit.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •