The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kelly Goldsmith -- contestant #15"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-24-01, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kelly Goldsmith -- contestant #15"
What, is MB going to keep putting people named Kelly on this show until one of them wins? On S1, Kelly Wigglesworth, female, finished 2nd (thanks, Greggie, for subjecting us to a year of Dicque). On S2, Kelly "Kel" Gleason, male, finished next-to-last. Now we have Kelly Goldsmith, female. Wonder what her nickname will be?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kelly Goldsmith -- contestant #... SurvivorBlows 08-24-01 1
 RE: Kelly Goldsmith -- contestant #... dabo 08-26-01 2
   RE: Kelly Goldsmith -- contestant #... MDSkinner 08-26-01 3
       RE: Kelly Goldsmith -- contestant #... dabo 08-26-01 4
           RE: Kelly Goldsmith -- contestant #... MDSkinner 08-26-01 5
 A Question regarding Kelly & other ... PepeLePew13 08-27-01 6
   RE: A Question regarding Kelly & ot... spacey 08-28-01 7
       RE: A Question regarding Kelly & ot... sleeeve 08-28-01 8
       Thanks Spacey! IceCat 08-28-01 9
       RE: A Question regarding Kelly & ot... PepeLePew13 08-29-01 10
       Family ties AyatollahKhomeini 08-29-01 11
           RE: Family ties SurvivorBlows 08-29-01 12
               3 possibilities AyatollahKhomeini 08-29-01 13
                   RE: 3 possibilities SurvivorBlows 08-29-01 14
               RE: Family ties sleeeve 08-29-01 15
                   RE: Family ties spacey 08-29-01 16
 Pictures Krautboy 08-31-01 17
   Follow up... PepeLePew13 09-07-01 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-01, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kelly Goldsmith -- contestant #15"
I think there are two "name" rules in Survivor: 1) Always have a Kelly, 2) don't repeat any other names.

For the record, no one named "Webby" (except maybe a duck) has appeared yet, so I guess my options are still open

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-01, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kelly Goldsmith -- contestant #15"
Expect this one to be the Judge.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-26-01, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kelly Goldsmith -- contestant #15"
Again I ask, why?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-01, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kelly Goldsmith -- contestant #15"
Here, for those who would like to explore the personality types concept for themselves, is the link to the Personality Test thread on OT and all of its 85 messages:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID6/1046.shtml

Here is the link to the test itself, but I would suggest if you take it you not clutter up the Spoiler board with your personal information, another thread can be started on OT for that:
http://test3.thespark.com/person

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-26-01, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kelly Goldsmith -- contestant #15"
I have taken and understand this perfectly, I just want to know what it is about Kelly that makes you see her at the judge. I think that we may be able to pull a great deal of spoiler information about the upcoming Survivor just by learning these people's personality traits, and if you have some information that leads you to believe that Kelly will be the "judge" personality, I just want you to share it.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-01, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "A Question regarding Kelly & other names..."
How do we know that this Kelly is a female for sure? Nothing I've seen to this point tells me conclusively that this one is female. There are also two others that could very well be of both genders -- Jessie Camacho (there's an NFL player by the name of Jessie Tuggle, you gonna tell him that's a wimpy name? ) and Lex Van Den Berghe, which could easily be a female shortened from Lexie or Lexi.

Perhaps I've missed a post out there that conclusively states which are male and female?

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-28-01, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spacey Click to send private message to spacey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A Question regarding Kelly & other names..."
I have been watching your boards for a long time and finally
have something to add!

Kelly is a girl. Our local radio station Star 100.6 called her mother today and asked her if she is on Survivor 3. Her mother said where did you get the list and Little Tommy (the production manager) said from the web. She than answered "We can't talk about it yet!" I think we can safely say she is one of the contestants!

I live in San Diego and Rancho Santa Fe is located in our city limits. We are very excited that we have a local on the next show!

I have been reading your boards for a long time and have really enjoyed it.

Spacey

Remember: "The mighty Oak Tree is just a nut that held its ground."

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-28-01, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A Question regarding Kelly & other names..."
Glad to have you here, spacey!!!

With a local on the show, you might be really valuable to our spoiling community.

Looking forward to the new season!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-01, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Thanks Spacey!"
Thanks for the info and welcome aboard!

Meow!

08-29-01, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A Question regarding Kelly & other names..."

>I live in San Diego and Rancho Santa Fe is located
>in our city limits. We are very excited that
>we have a local on the next show!

Great find, spacey! Thanks for helping clear up my question a little more about whether Kelly is male or female.

Nice to have you on here and provide some fresh new blood... and say hi to DangerKitty if you happen to bump into her in the S.D. area! She's wearing all black so should be easy to find.

08-29-01, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Family ties"
Well, it certainly looks like this episode of Survivor features more people who don't really need a million dollars. THIS Kelly's father appears to be pretty well known as a management consultant and co-founded Keilty Goldsmith:
http://www.kgcnet.com/kgcweb/staff.asp?group=staff

And ... she fits the late casting search that sleeeve alluded to, and which I discussed on the Kim Powers thread. Another one found, apparently.

08-29-01, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Family ties"
So basically you're calling her the spoiled little rich girl... (let's not try and read between the lines here. )

...certainly sounds possible, and I'm trying to think if MB has ever cast a "spoiled little rich girl" type before -- other than MAYBE Stacey (but I think we all have a few other words to describe Stacey) I can't think of one.

Also, I'm not sure if someone from SD would fit the late casting call from LA. It's certainly possible, but I'm not sure how many folks might have driven up from SD the next morning after seeing a late-night casting call on a LA station the evening before (which is my understanding of how that last-minute casting worked.) ...but maybe she was in LA already?

08-29-01, 05:59 PM (EST)
13. "3 possibilities"
1. The ad was run on KFMB (the CBS San Diego affiliate) as well as on KCBS (the LA affiliate). This makes the most sense to me.

2. Kelly was in LA, perhaps visiting friends ... or friends from LA called her.

3. The ad was reported on local radio or local TV in San Diego.

4 (unlikely). Kelly doesn't have cable (the LA stations reach into the northern SD suburbs). I checked all of the Rancho Santa Fe cable lineups through clickTV, and all of them just include KFMB, not KCBS. It seems unlikely to me that someone from this suburb wouldn't have cable, though, because it's pretty hilly.

The drive from Rancho Santa Fe to LA would be simple (well ... let's say instead that it's around 2 hours, except during rush hour or on a Sunday afternoon), so there is no reason that Kelly couldn't have done it on the spur of the moment.

08-29-01, 06:24 PM (EST)
14. "RE: 3 possibilities"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-01 AT 06:26 PM (EST)

Certainly seems possible, though if she is the "spoiled little rich girl" sterotype, that would seem to be a strange type to still be struggling to fill so late in the casting.

Although, running the commercial in the LA area, they certainly had to be expecting to have wanna-be actors/actresses/models crawling out of the woodwork and dominating any short-notice casting call.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-29-01, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Family ties"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-01 AT 06:43 PM (EST)

> It's certainly possible, but
>I'm not sure how many
>folks might have driven up
>from SD the next morning
>after seeing a late-night casting
>call on a LA station
>the evening before

For the record, I think that the ad was run two days before the casting, so it would have given her a little time to plan the trip.

And, for a recent college grad, looking for work, what harm does one day at an audition do... she probably thought it would be fun... maybe even went with a friend, or two.

EDIT: MB knew that he was looking for college students... if I remember correctly, the audition didn't even start until around noon, and went until late evening.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-29-01, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spacey Click to send private message to spacey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Family ties"
Thank you all for the nice welcome to your board.

Regarding casting calls from LA we get them all the time
here. We truly are only about a 2 hour drive away from down
town LA. Rancho Santa Fe is located in the northern end
of San Diego about half way to LA. So just a hop, skip and
a jump for Kelly.

We also have a casting studio here in San Diego because a lot
of TV shows are filmed here. It is just down the road from
where I work and I see people lined up for auditions all the
time. Just a couple of weeks ago they put out a San Diego
casting call for the show Fear Factor. I was tempted but don't
think I could eat bugs!

Spacey

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-31-01, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Pictures"
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-01 AT 02:33 AM (EST)

Here's some pictures of Kelly compliments of "votedoff"...

Krautboy

09-07-01, 10:49 AM (EST)
18. "Follow up..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-01 AT 10:51 AM (EST)

Again, thanks to dabo for the survivorfever.net link from the Lex van den Berghe thread (just making sure I properly credit where it came from!) and this is for those who doesn't frequent other survivor sites, like myself, who only stick to the SB boards.

It gives very little information about this Kelly Goldsmith and the same article I posted on Kim Powers' thread indicate that surviiivor.com is about 35 percent confident this is the right Kelly Goldsmith.

Duke University graduate, Kappa Kappa Gamma 2001.
Also participated in theatre
Current Location: Rancho Santa Fe, California
Father - renowned consultant listed in top 5 executive coaches list by Forbes

It also mentions an alleged fan site... First Survivor 3 contestant fan sites launched for alleged female contestants:

www.kellygoldsmith.net

Some more pictures of Kelly to go with Krautboy's posted pics...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •