The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Really, why the demise of SO"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Current Message

justsaynototoughlove 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-26-06, 02:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail justsaynototoughlove Click to send private message to justsaynototoughlove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Really, why the demise of SO"
What drew me into this show, was happening upon Nyanza trying to push herself up a stairs, and I thot, shoot, the house is not handicapped equipped. That's why I checked it out. And yuck, how difficult to live with other women on camera in a house, when you aren't use to it. Kinda like some group home. Hmm, what are they up to? It was a nice summer eve on cam, and I decided to watch as fall was drawing near, and it reminded me of summer. I wanted to see how these women interacted, and at least it was honest. That too I liked, tho I thot they were on the show for what it's connections could do for their careers. Cept the shoe stomper. I couldn't figure out why she was there, cuz it seemed to be for genuine help!

It was a curiosity. But I couldn't stand the ulginess of the cast, Christines games and Nyanza's attitude, and didn't watch till a couple of months later. They bored me. Then I saw Rhonda being such a great chearleader for this horrid country singer and I again became quite curious. Then I watche more and became livid with the force a dream, as completed, theme.

Then wow, somebody got MY attention, but for the wrong reasons.

I watched part in curiousity and part in outrage, as Rhonda's curious and dangerous personality and agenda revealed itself. Rhonda was so compassionate, and a truly madly, obsessive, woman with abusive therapy mixed into her gentle loving care she gave her charges. I tried to report her to the APA. She was playing a pyschologist who could make peoples dreams come true in 5 or 6 weeks, which was pure madness.This got me enraged and on my own passionate crusade. This Rhonda was so much compassion, truly, and such deplorable marketing and abuse and using of others, I went to the website to find out more. I found more and more how incompetent she was, and how she only had her dead parents to sell and an "almost" finished degree in marketing. I found she never sought help for herself wehn she drand and did drugs and got attention swallowing bottles of pills. Her sister committed her, and more than once I am sure. This woman was fearless day one and not in enough pain to seek help. Once she finally quit pills and booze, she needed a new addiction and found one. Selling herself!!!

She made me most livid with the country singer and the abuse to the house on one infamous show in Jan, I believe, yr one.

I was so relieved to find other posters protesting her. I was not alone in seeing how dangerous this was.\

I loved the spoilers. The woman, some intrigued me and their interactions seemed unstaged yr one, which I very much liked, so I was hooked. I saw a theme, yr one, BLAME MEN for everything, and this too I protested.
Part of the viewing was to keep up with both intelligent thread interaction, vehement protesting of the shows agenda, and hilarious fun creative posters. The meta thread brought out my thoughtful philosopher, and we protesters would go nust tying to post without harming others,as we took vile after vile attacks, and get our points across with dignity, tho much frustration.

It was intellectually stimulating to do this, a challenge, and eventually a bunch of us need to vent, and had more fun than we'd ever had on the net by using code in post and going to the basement of SOB.
Oh god, remember when Harkin was lying on the floor listenting at the door. Creative poster would have threads, like things missing from the house when C2 left. Song that she and Rhonda remined you of etc.

The show, itself, was total hypocrisy and the challenge of addressing this to innocent viewers was something I enjoyed.
I enjoyed the wonderful yr one posters!! Except for the vicious ones and the black and white viewers. But at a more thotful site, that came about when Rhonda demanded SOB be under her thumb also, one where I could have an effect on these veiwers in a nice chatting way, and that was cool too.I also learned from some posters and enjoyed the smart ashes.
So I obviously liked the interactive abitlies I had on the internet in viewing this show that was such a contradicion, but had potential in less narcissistic hands.

I also wrote B/M over and over, demanding they get a psychologist.

I researched Rhonda to death, trying to get an accurate take on her and became more and more shocked at how incompetent and ruthless she was about marketing. Yet she did have a heart. What a curiosity she was. An unrelenting one tho it seemed.

The shows ratings were miserable, and they used the hits at the board (from people checking spoilers I feel) to renew it. This alone was outrageous. They needed help to stay afloat, cheated yr one, and went to the wrong door, looking for a new format.

They went pure soap opera and histrionic drama. 2 out of control woman,despite Katz, were running a very staged show. Nothing undfolded naturally. I was hooked and it depressed me to have to watch this staged theater, as I don't watch soaps. IV was too often a false affect, over the top preacher for my sensibilties. Tho I liked her street gril when it was NOT abusing others. This yr, you had to be a rape victim, following Ronda's men are bad projections. (eyes in skull. I love men.) But I was addicted to posting, I did like Katz, and their was usually one hg that would hook me,in thier pathology, tho I no longer saw interaction amongst the woman unfold naturally, it was all forcded. I hated that.

I also notice that the posts at SOB,in time, had an effect on the show. That's why a Katz was in yr 2. And why some more heathty themes were sloppily mixed in with inane, abusie metaphoric games.
By yr three it stopped pretending it could change lives, and said it could only offer support. Whew, we one on that front. But if that's support, I'd hate to see what they call abuse.

And I liked the site at Bette's so I suffered thru it.Tho posters are so civil there. Comic relief from a poster named Hula Flake and her fantastic photo shows kept me going yr 2. We had a pyschologist who was quite educated, and that made analyzing even more interesting.

Yr 3, was again painful as heck to have to view, but I was addicted to the hg. Hulaflake disappeared, and I could only hope the show would self detruct. I did not watch the couples.

I consider it a huge relief not to watch.
But come cold miserable winter days, I will miss not having to watch a taping of this show before bed. Someetimes, in spite of itself, it would intrigue me with something I could care and post about in protest, or shock that it did something healthy.
I also loved analyzing the personalities of the woman. I did miss anything natural, unstaged happening tho.

I mostly miss the board humor of spring yr one. We had fun. We really had fun! Thank you to anyone here who was a a part of that.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Really, why the demise of SO   Shazbot     05-29-06       
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   beckettrep     05-29-06     1  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   imagma     05-29-06     2  
         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   Zoey     05-29-06     3  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   SOfan0221     05-29-06     4  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   JustBNMe     05-29-06     5  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   SeasonedRefinement     05-30-06     6  
         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   SOfan0221     05-30-06     7  
             Many reasons - Some stayed too long...   SOTellItLikeItIsFan     05-30-06     8  
                 RE: Many reasons - Some stayed too ...   Snidget     05-30-06     9  
                     RE: Many reasons - Some stayed too ...   SOTellItLikeItIsFan     05-30-06     19  
         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   smokeysmom     05-30-06     12  
             RE: Really, why the demise of SO   SeasonedRefinement     05-30-06     18  
                 RE: Really, why the demise of SO   smokeysmom     05-31-06     22  
         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   beckettrep     05-31-06     24  
         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   L_11     07-08-06     75  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   banks     05-30-06     10  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   alaholly     05-30-06     11  
         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   creepyoldwoman     05-30-06     13  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   beckettrep     05-31-06     25  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   jonimoni     05-30-06     14  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   AshLanie     06-01-06     32  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   eire_heart74     05-30-06     15  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   BlingBlong     05-30-06     16  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   BlowingOver     05-30-06     17  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   SOTellItLikeItIsFan     05-30-06     20  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   SeasonedRefinement     06-06-06     57  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   26mitogo     05-31-06     21  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   SeasonedRefinement     05-31-06     23  
         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   Shazbot     05-31-06     26  
             RE: Really, why the demise of SO   Shazbot     05-31-06     30  
         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   staceeturner     05-31-06     27  
             RE: Really, why the demise of SO   staceeturner     05-31-06     28  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   kawyar     06-02-06     40  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   jennyhead     05-31-06     29  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   SeasonedRefinement     06-01-06     31  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   Marigold     06-02-06     33  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   Toushay     06-02-06     34  
     Brava! Brava!   mysticwolf     06-02-06     35  
         RE: Brava! Brava!   Toushay     06-02-06     36  
             RE: Brava! Brava!   tac_2     06-02-06     37  
                 RE: Brava! Brava!   BimBo     06-02-06     38  
                 RE: Brava! Brava!   BlingBlong     06-03-06     46  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   creepyoldwoman     06-03-06     43  
         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   Toushay     06-03-06     44  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   sunshinedrop     06-02-06     39  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   creepyoldwoman     06-03-06     42  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   geminirose     06-02-06     41  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   staceeturner     06-03-06     45  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   BlingBlong     06-03-06     47  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   creepyoldwoman     06-04-06     48  
         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   Toushay     06-04-06     49  
             RE: Really, why the demise of SO   creepyoldwoman     06-05-06     50  
         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   26mitogo     06-05-06     51  
             RE: Really, why the demise of SO   BimBo     06-05-06     52  
             RE: Really, why the demise of SO   BlingBlong     06-05-06     53  
                 RE: Really, why the demise of SO   techstyle     06-06-06     54  
                     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   Toushay     06-06-06     55  
                         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   Shazbot     06-06-06     56  
                             RE: Really, why the demise of SO   cronemoon     06-08-06     58  
                         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   26mitogo     06-08-06     60  
                             RE: Really, why the demise of SO   smokeysmom     06-08-06     61  
                                 RE: Really, why the demise of SO   jonimoni     06-08-06     62  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   BlingBlong     06-08-06     59  
   Cats Love Hunting in the Dark   Toushay     06-13-06     63  
     RE: Cats Love Hunting in the Dark   creepyoldwoman     06-14-06     64  
         RE: Cats Love Hunting in the Dark   SeasonedRefinement     06-14-06     65  
             RE: Cats Love Hunting in the Dark   creepyoldwoman     06-14-06     66  
                 RE: Cats Love Hunting in the Dark   SeasonedRefinement     06-14-06     67  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   justsaynototoughlove     06-26-06     68  
   RE: Really, why the demise of SO   sharnina     06-26-06     69  
     RE: Really, why the demise of SO   creepyoldwoman     06-26-06     70  
         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   sharnina     06-26-06     71  
         RE: Really, why the demise of SO   mysticwolf     06-26-06     72  
             RE: Really, why the demise of SO   Shazbot     06-27-06     73  
                 RE: Really, why the demise of SO   Cleverone     07-03-06     74  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •