The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kimberly Powers -- contestant #10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-24-01, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kimberly Powers -- contestant #10"
According to Webby's WHOIS research, she may also be called "Little Bit" to differentiate her from Kim Larson Johnson.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kimberly Powers -- contestant #... SurvivorBlows 08-24-01 1
 Cincinnati and Stanford... AyatollahKhomeini 08-24-01 2
   RE: Cincinnati and Stanford... SurvivorBlows 08-24-01 3
       Full disclosure AyatollahKhomeini 08-24-01 4
           RE: Full disclosure SurvivorBlows 08-24-01 5
               Humor? AyatollahKhomeini 08-24-01 6
   RE: Cincinnati and Stanford... sleeeve 08-25-01 8
 NOT the diver AyatollahKhomeini 08-25-01 7
   SCRATCH THE DIVER SurvivorBlows 08-25-01 9
 RE: Kimberly Powers -- contestant #... dabo 08-26-01 10
 RE: Kimberly Powers -- contestant #... sleeeve 08-26-01 11
   RE: Kimberly Powers -- contestant #... PepeLePew13 09-07-01 12
       Personal Confirmation of Kim Powers... survivorcrazy 09-25-01 13
           RE: Personal Confirmation of Kim Po... Drive My Car 09-25-01 14
           RE: Personal Confirmation of Kim Po... omri 10-04-01 15
               RE: Personal Confirmation of Kim Po... Lurking 10-04-01 16
               If you don't like the heat, stay ou... Cherberrie 10-05-01 17
                   Bashing Expected omri 10-05-01 18
                       RE: Bashing Expected Cherberrie 10-05-01 19
                           RE: Bashing Expected omri 10-05-01 20
                               RE: Bashing Expected Cherberrie 10-05-01 21
                                   RE: Bashing Expected omri 10-08-01 24
                               I do have a question (or two...) sleeeve 10-05-01 22
                                   RE: I do have a question (or two...... omri 10-08-01 23
                                       RE: I do have a question (or two...... MakeItStop 10-08-01 25
                                       RE: I do have a question (or two...... sleeeve 10-08-01 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-01, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kimberly Powers -- contestant #10"
Minor correction... I was pointed to the "LittleKim" and "BigTom" domains via an EZBoard link someone sent me

08-24-01, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Cincinnati and Stanford..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-01 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

Hmmm, this looks like her, but first I'll digress. There was a persistent rumour that there was another Survivor from "Rodger country" (the Kentucky suburbs of Cincinnati, OH). This rumour refused to go away, although no one could find anything. Well, let's take a look at this info from the Stanford University athletic pages. By the way, this girl is 5'2", which seems to make "Little Bit" an appropriate nickname...

Kim Powers

Class: Senior
Hometown: Crestview Heights, KY
High School: Dixie Heights HS
Height: 5-2
Event: Diving
Birthdate: 07/06/1979 (NOTE: 22 when filming started)
Experience: 3V

Five-time All-American
Career Bests: One-Meter Dual (270.30); One-Meter Champ. (388.15); Three-Meter Dual (322.50); Three-Meter Champ. (538.10); Platform (449.55)

A five-time All-American who will redshirt this season due to a shoulder injury … One of the top divers in the nation … Expects to return to the team for the 2001-2002 campaign.

As a Junior in 1999-2000: Earned All-American honors in the platform, finishing seventh with a career-best score of 449.55 … Placed 17th at the NCAA’s in the three-meter (457.75 prelims) … Finished third in the NCAA Zone E Meet with a then-career-best score of 445.65 in the platform … Also placed sixth in the three-meter (478.95) and 13th in the one-meter (359.95) … Posted a pair of sixth-place finishes in the three-meter (455.40, 459.96 prelims) and the platform (393.10) events at the Pac-10 Championships … Won the three-meter event at California (201.55, 2/12/00) and versus USC (306.10, 1/28/00), the latter being the top three-meter dual score by a Stanford diver in 1999-2000 … Also won the three-meter title (268.75, 10/15/00) in the season-opening meet versus Texas … Finished fourth in the platform (416.50, 1/9/00) and sixth in the three-meter (261.80, 1/7/00) at the 2000 All-American meet hosted by Texas.

As a Sophomore in 1998-1999: A two-time NCAA finalist … Placed sixth in both the three-meter (530.75) and the platform (604.90) competitions at NCAA’s for the second consecutive year … Named the Pac-10 Co-Diver of the Year after winning the three-meter event (538.10) … Also finished second to teammate Erin Sones in the platform competition (600.00) as both surpassed the Pac-10 meet record … The win at three meters was her second career Pac-10 title … The Zone E champion off the platform (394.65) … Also finished 10th in the three-meter competition (436.40) at the Zone E meet …Won the three-meter (523.85) and finished fourth in both the one-meter (388.15) and the platform (384.65) at the Georgia Invitational … Won the three-meter title (526.30) and finished sixth in one-meter at the USC Invitational.

As a Freshman in 1997-1998: At the NCAA Championships, placed sixth in both the platform (590.75) and three-meter (510.50) events, and placed 21st in the one-meter ... Finished second in the platform (374.50) and fourth in the three-meter (476.70) at the Zone E Championships ... Pac-10 Champion in the platform event (359.95) ... Placed sixth in the conference in the three-meter (437.95) ... Finished 16th at the Pac-10’s in the one-meter event (291.70) ... Won the platform event at the All-America Diving Championships with a 451.45 ... Won the three-meter and platform events, and placed third in the one-meter at the 1998 Bruin Invitational ... Swept the one-meter and three-meter diving competitions vs. Arizona.

National/International Competition: A member of the U.S. National Team from 1995-99 … Traveled to Europe with Rick Schavone and the U.S. National Team in the summer of 1999 … Two-time Junior Olympic National Champion ... Placed third in the three-meter and sixth in the platform at the 1998 Outdoor Nationals ... Earned a sixth-place finish in the three-meter and fourth-place finish in the platform at the 1998 Indoor Nationals ... Finished sixth in the three-meter and 14th in the platform at the 1997 Outdoor Nationals ... Finished second in the three-meter at the 1997 Junior Olympic Nationals ... Placed 10th in the platform at the 1996 U.S. Olympic Trials ... Finished third in the platform at the 1995 Outdoor Nationals.

High School: Graduated from Dixie Heights with a 3.97 GPA … Attended the same high school as Stanford diving teammate McKenze Murphy … A member of the National Honors Society … Coached by Charlie Casuto.

Club: Club team is Cincinnati Stingrays … Coached by Charlie Casuto.

Personal: Communications major ... Born July 6, 1979 ... Daughter of Scott and Barb Powers.

Coaching Staff on Powers: "Kim is one of the top divers in the nation and a five-time All-American who will miss this season after injuring her shoulder."

I wonder if she could have been the "last-minute" California casting that sleeeve told us about? She doesn't sound like the kind of person who would seek out Survivor, but she does sound like the kind of person MB would want!
Edited to add that she shares a birthday with one of my daughters. Maybe I'll have to root for her...

08-24-01, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cincinnati and Stanford..."
Isn't this the girl that skierdude found?

She certainly looks like MB's type of contestant (I'm getting the feeling we won't see too many more of the "couch potato"/"older" S1 contestants anytime soon -- which IMHO is a bit of a shame)

08-24-01, 09:52 PM (EST)
4. "Full disclosure"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-01 AT 09:55 PM (EST)

Well...

bruhahack on EZ, who has been doing a great job of finding people, actually found a picture of the competitive diver named Kimberly Powers. crochungry on EZ found the link to Stanford. skierdude10 posted the picture from that link on the EZboard, which is the picture that the EBT picked up (and credited skierdude). So ... I think it's actually the girl that bruhahack found! But I didn't want to get in to all that .

Oh, and I first heard the "Rodger country" rumor (personally, I prefer the British spelling with the "u", which I used in the prior post) from buckeenie of the EBT, although I subsequently heard it elsewhere. Also, I first heard the name "Ayatollah Khomeini" from a speaker, who was complaining about Shah Reza Pahlavi's secret police force (known as SAVAK), at a conference in Columbus, Ohio, although I subsequently heard it elsewhere as well.

Edited to add: Turning serious again, I agree with your assessment of the contestants. Looks like MB is trying to make it impossible for a Kelly or a Colby to sweep the end-stage challenges again by adding a number of superior athletes to the mix. On the other hand, it may just be that we have found the athletes first, because there is more written about them!

08-24-01, 10:17 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Full disclosure"
Ah, well I was just going by the source the EBT originally listed... sounds like a correction in on order on their part.

08-24-01, 10:40 PM (EST)
6. "Humor?"
Personally, I think it's great for skierdude that he's getting some credit without flaming, so I've just let it go. But when you asked, I couldn't resist giving you the whole explanation !

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-25-01, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Cincinnati and Stanford..."
>I wonder if she could have
>been the "last-minute" California casting
>that sleeeve told us about?
> She doesn't sound like
>the kind of person who
>would seek out Survivor, but
>she does sound like the
>kind of person MB would
>want!

It's very possible that she's the one, although we have no evidence to tie her to Los Angeles, right now... Unfortunately, I was really busy the day of the auditions, and didn't get to go to the last minute line (otherwise, I would have taken pictures of everyone in hopes that someone would later match).

My only concern is that she seems similar to Lindsey, so it seems suspicious that they would have a special audition to find another young, fit female... but maybe it was a specific personality type that they were looking for.

It's also entirely possible that they didn't find anyone at that audition, and had to stick with the 16 they had already found.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

08-25-01, 00:04 AM (EST)
7. "NOT the diver"
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-01 AT 01:56 AM (EST)

The U.S.A. Diving Women's results chart shows a competition that took place either July 13-15, 2001 (per the advance schedule) or July 26-28, 2001 (per the results listing). Doesn't matter which is right, because the results show Kim as competing. Whichever date it was, she couldn't have competed and still been on Survivor. Back to the drawing board.

08-25-01, 00:36 AM (EST)
9. "SCRATCH THE DIVER"
Everyone get that???

S C R AT C H T H E D I V E R

...I hope this poor girl hasn't been getting hassled all day

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-01, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kimberly Powers -- contestant #10"
Expect this one to be the Politician.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

08-26-01, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kimberly Powers -- contestant #10"
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-01 AT 03:42 PM (EST)

From the message boards at Surviiivor.com:

====================================================
AnnaGator (11 posts) 08-25-01, 11:27 PM (PST)
10. "Bingo!"

Surviiivor.com received a tip via email today that the Kim Powers we're looking for is a 1994 graduate of Elizabethtown College in Lancaster, PA. She was a communications major. Originally from Bridgewater, NJ. She currently lives in the Philadelphia area.

The details are checking out so it looks like this is our girl! Thanks for the info, you know who.
====================================================
EDITED to include poster's information.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-01, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kimberly Powers -- contestant #10"
Just to follow up on what sleeeve said about the Kim Powers from Pennsylvania...

Thanks to dabo for providing the survivorfever.net link in the Lex van den Berghe thread... there's a link inside there that speculates on the probability of who Kimberly Powers is. There are some of us (like myself) who rarely, if ever, ventures onto other Survivor sites such as surviiivor.com or survivorfever.net

http://dailynews.philly.com/content/daily_news/2001/08/28/features/TADD28F.htm

They made it through the 'Survivor' cut - maybe

KIMBERLY POWERS - a 29ish singleton who resides in our fair city - come out, come out, wherever you are! Today's Tattle is the first day of the rest of your post "Survivor 3" life!

The well-connected snoops at www.surviiivor.com - run by Team Ellipsiiis Brain Trust, the group that successfully predicted most of the action on last season's "Survivor" - have released a tentative list of 16 people who took part in that phenom reality program, "Survivor: Africa." And one Kimberly Powers made the cut.

Filming in the Shaba Game Reserve, one of the most popular national parks in Kenya, has already wrapped. "Born Free" was also filmed in this area and wildlife expert Joy Adamson, the author of "Born Free," was, sadly, murdered there.

The show's standard shenanigans and backstabbing begin Oct. 11 and run through January.

Getting back to the "Survivor" names, again, it's a tentative list, with the percentages referring to "how confident we are that the listed person is the one actually on Survivor," www.surviiivor.com said.

Drum roll please:

Kimberly Powers, 90 percent, is nicknamed "Little Bit," according to the Web site. The third time's the charm for Philadelphia, which finally gets "Survivor" representation from an actual city resident. (Gervase Peterson is from Willingboro, N.J.)

We believe she lives in Manayunk. Her phone number is unlisted.

Powers is a communications major who concentrated on mass communications at Elizabethtown College in Elizabethtown, Lancaster County, Cara O'Donnell, associate director of College Relations at the school, told Tattle.

Interestingly enough, the Web site reports it confirmed Powers' "Survivor" status with a college friend.

No word yet on what Powers does in real life, but we do know she hails from Bridgewater, N.J.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

survivorcrazy 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-25-01, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorcrazy Click to send private message to survivorcrazy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Personal Confirmation of Kim Powers from PA"
This is my first post here, and I am so excited to actually have first hand knowledge of Kim Powers. Earlier this summer, a friend of mine told me that his friend's girlfriend had just been chosen to go to Africa as a survivor contestant. Apparently, she was an alternate, was sent to LA and chosen last minute. Personally, I don;t know her, but my friend tells me that she will can be kinda bitchy, will be similar to Jerri. She DOES live in Conshohocken, a suburb of Philadelphia and works for a sports apparel company. I was so excited to be able to actually post something factual to this board!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-01, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Personal Confirmation of Kim Powers from PA"
Welcome, hope you enjoy watching the show with us.

EBug

omri 5 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-01, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail omri Click to send private message to omri Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Personal Confirmation of Kim Powers from PA"
Well if you are going to factual, than be FACTUAL! She was never an alternate, nor was she chosen last minute. She was one of the 16...FACT.

Second, if you don't know someone personally, you shouldn't spread rumors that they are bitchy...I DO know Kim personally and she is the coolest girl you could ever meet. FAR from a "Jerri."

So, tell me, who is this friend's friend anyway?

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-04-01, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Personal Confirmation of Kim Powers from PA"
Tell me more details. Additional info will be appreciated.

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-05-01, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "If you don't like the heat, stay out of the fire!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-01 AT 08:38 AM (EST)

Second, if you don't know someone personally, you shouldn't spread rumors that they are bitchy...

Welcome to our board, omri. FYI, the name of this board is "survivor blows" so you won't see much of a Survivor love fest going on here. Trust me, it will only get worse for Kim as the game progresses. Advice -- if you don't like the heat, stay out of the fire!

Cherberrie

10-05-01, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail omri Click to send private message to omri Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Bashing Expected"
Hey, that's totally understandable. You are right, the name of the board IS "Survivor Blows!"

However, I just wanted this person, "survivorcrazy," to fess up and tell me who he/she is. If he/she knows of Kim, than most likely, I know who he/she is, or who his/her friend is, as I've known Kim for 11 years.

I have a pretty good idea who it may be anyway, but again, I just wanted to see if he/she has the balls to admit who they are.

Play on!!!

10-05-01, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Bashing Expected"

I've known Kim for 11 years.

So, are you the guy she dumped 3 weeks before the alter? Whether or not you are, being her friend and all, you must have some details you can share with SB enquiring minds. Or maybe we should all just wait for the National Enquirer version of the story.

Cherberrie

10-05-01, 04:23 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Bashing Expected"
Now that's not very nice. But no, I am not her ex-fiance. And sorry, you're not getting information that easy! Do you really believe those tabloids anyway? Shame on you!

10-05-01, 05:54 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Bashing Expected"

Now that's not very nice.

I agree wholeheartedly -- it wasn't nice of Kim to dump the guy 3 weeks before the wedding. But I suppose it was easier to do it before the wedding than after. Divorce usually isn't pretty.

P.S.
No, I don't believe the tabloids, usually. If one doesn't come out soon, though, stay tuned as I will create my own.

Cherberrie

10-08-01, 11:42 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Bashing Expected"
Well I guess everyone will have their opinions and make judgments on that situation...which, by the way, I believe is wrong to do when you don't even know the two people in the party, or the facts of the whole situation. But that's what you people are all about, right? Rumors, gossip and bad mouthing...

My advice? Treat people they was you would want to be treated. Karma paybacks are a #####.

10-05-01, 06:03 PM (EST)
22. "I do have a question (or two...)"
>And sorry, you're not
>getting information that easy!

Well... how about some information that might help us out (but wouldn't get Kim in any trouble).

I would love it if you'd answer these questions:

1) From your point of view, what previous cast member(s) of Survivor does Kim most remind you of?

2) In your opinion, how well do you think Kim would play the game? Could she win it, or is she just not cutthroat enough?

3) In your opinion, what was Kim's overall demeanor when she came back from Africa? (ie: Did she seem to have had a good time?, Was she depressed?, Did she look like she was gonna burst because she couldn't tell anyone about how well she did? Anything out of the usual?) <==Don't answer this question if you feel that it might get Kim into trouble.

4) Physically, did Kim look different when she returned? (Loss of weight? Loss of muscle mass? Tanner? Haircut? Beard?... oh wait... scratch that last one .)

5) Was Kim healthy when she returned home? If not, what was wrong (flu-like symptoms (as reported for some of the survivors)?, cuts and bruises?, etc...)

6) How quickly did Kim return to her "normal" life, once she was back home (ie: job, social life, etc.)

Answer as many as you feel comfortable with. We'd love to find out more about Kim.

10-08-01, 11:21 AM (EST)
23. "RE: I do have a question (or two...)"
You know far too well that if I answered ANY of those questions I would be giving away VALUABLE and OBVIOUS information about the show and about how she did on the show!!!! Sorry man, I could never do that. I'd get myself and her in a ton of trouble...plus, I wouldn't want to spoil any of the fun!

You'll have to judge for yourself who Kim most reminds you of.

Okay, I'll give you something...she's outgoing, witty, and so much fun to be around. She has a sincere passion for life...she puts her heart and soul into everything she does...

I really hope she does well! I can't wait to see the show...I hope you enjoy it too!

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-08-01, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: I do have a question (or two...)"
I wouldn't want to spoil any of the fun!

Hey omri, that's what we are here for! If you just want to gush, then maybe you should scoot on over to the Fanatics board.

10-08-01, 08:06 PM (EST)
26. "RE: I do have a question (or two...)"
>>I'd get myself and her in a ton of trouble<<

Let me reassure you that you and she would get in NO trouble. Last season, Jerri's mom, and Tina's husband did interviews with the press where they answered many of these questions... and remember that Jerri's mom and Tina's husband were both actually bound by secrecy contracts (which I assume you are not).

Don't forget that Tina's husband actually knew that Tina made it to the final five... he had an internet chat with her at that point.

Mark Burnett allowed them to do these interviews, so surely he'll allow you (when you aren't even under contract) to answer some simple questions.

Note that I didn't ask you to reveal anything that she said (that maybe she shouldn't have)... all I'm asking for are your own personal observations and opinions... trust me... these are NOT covered by the contract.

With that in mind, if you'd like to reconsider the questions, I'd appreciate it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •