The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Silas Gaither -- contestant #8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-24-01, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Silas Gaither -- contestant #8"
The EBT is reporting that this may be a 70ish minister from the Springfield, MO area. Oooh, if it is, I hope that MB put him in the same tribe with the ex-Mormon missionary....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Silas Gaither -- contestant #8 SurvivorBlows 08-24-01 1
   RE: Silas Gaither -- contestant #8 Mumbo Jumbo 08-25-01 2
 RE: Silas Gaither -- contestant #8 dabo 08-26-01 3
 From SurvivorFever.net PepeLePew13 09-07-01 4
   New info... is this THE Silas Gaith... PepeLePew13 09-08-01 5
       RE: New info... is this THE Silas G... SurvivorBlows 09-08-01 6
       RE: New info... is this THE Silas G... SurvivorBlows 09-08-01 7
           some new pictures... PepeLePew13 09-14-01 8
       RE: New info... is this THE Silas G... NetRanger 09-26-01 9
           RE: New info... is this THE Silas G... SurvivorBlows 09-26-01 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-01, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Silas Gaither -- contestant #8"
Anyone know anyone under 60 named Silas?

What's the current over/under line on this guy's age?

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-25-01, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Silas Gaither -- contestant #8"
There was a show on The Nashville Network (TNN) called the Gaither Gospel Hour. I did a couple of searches. The main Gaither appears to be named Bill and his wife's name also pops up but I can't find any other Gaithers associated w/the show. I thought there had to be a connection because of the religion plus oddness of the last name but it doesn't appear to be the case. I'm posting this in case someone who is better w/searches and more diligent can figure out anything out.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-01, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Silas Gaither -- contestant #8"
Expect this one to be the Acccountant.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-01, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "From SurvivorFever.net"
Thanks to dabo for providing the survivorfever.net link in the Lex van den Berghe thread... there's a link inside there that speculates on the probability of who Silas Gaither is. There are some of us (like myself) who rarely, if ever, ventures onto other Survivor sites such as surviiivor.com or survivorfever.net

http://www.gomemphis.com/mca/lifestyle_columnists/article/0,1426,MCA_529_817546,00.html

Silas Gaither is going to be on the next Survivor. But which Silas Gaither are we talking about? And how many are there in the world?

Well, chances are he's from Memphis, at least according to http://www.surviiivor.com, a Web site that delights in trading in inside information about the CBS show. This fall's version of the show, named Survivor Africa, is expected to have one of the following:

Silas 'Chip' Gaither. "22 or 23. Graduated from the University of Tennessee, then moved to LA this past year to pursue acting. Left the country in June for two months. Good looking, athletic, outgoing, really competitive." C.A. EYE has also determined that Chip, who boxed for charity in college, was a wrestler and football player at Houston High. Also, in 1994, he attended the Germantown Charity Horse Show Royal Ball instead of going to the Pearl Jam concert. Surviiivor.com says there's a 50 percent chance that Chip is the Gaither who'll be on the show.

Silas Dwain Gaither of Germantown. "56. Dentist/Oral Surgeon." Dwain is Chip's dad; he has a 30 percent chance of being the one.

And the site gives a 25 percent chance to 78-year-old Rev. Silas Gaither of Springfield, Mo., who apparently was a Pentecostal minister in the 1960s.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

09-08-01, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "New info... is this THE Silas Gaither?"
Some new info that popped up on survivorfever.net... It sounds like our man for S3. This satisfies several things that fits with S3 -- the S3 recruitment for college-aged people in L.A., leaving abroad to "visit Italy" in June, personal website down...

http://www.survivorfever.net/Chip.html

- Silas "Chip" Gaither, son of "Silas Gaither", a dentist and grandson of retired pastor "Silas Gaither".
- University of Tennessee graduate (2000), Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity member.
- Won his fraternity's boxing tournament 3 out of 4 years he fought in it, each yr. at a higher weight class
- Move to Los Angeles, Feb 2001 to pursue acting
- Described to us as "athletic, good looking, outgoing and an incredible competitor" - 6ft, 200-215 lbs, brown hair and blue eyes
- Left for abroad in June 2001 to "visit Italy with a friend"
- personal website is mysteriously down

09-08-01, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New info... is this THE Silas Gaither?"
He looks a bit like Colby.

You mean in 1978 someone actually named their newborn son "Silas???"

...I guess "Gerimiah," "Caleb," "Abidan," and "Barnabas" were already taken.

Then again, in Hollywood, Silas probably is pretty unique -- he can pull a Gervase and legally drop his last name after the show (another Gervase nugget that he revealed on the BB2 live feed visit.)

09-08-01, 02:03 PM (EST)
7. "RE: New info... is this THE Silas Gaither?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-01 AT 09:22 PM (EST)

For the record, it looks like his "personal site" is

http://www.chipgaither.com

...but I'm not sure if it is so much DOWN, or if he just pre-registered it before he left -- the registration was done April 10th to a "Darien Wilson" in Boulder, CO (maybe a frat buddy, maybe a fake address?)

http://www.networksolutions.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois?STRING=chipgaither.com

And here's an article about his boxing:

http://beacon-www.asa.utk.edu/issues/v80/n34/boxing.34n.html

...oh, and apparently the reason he's named Silas is because his Dad was named Silas, and his Dad was named Silas -- dunno if it goes any further back.

09-14-01, 08:11 AM (EST)
8. "some new pictures..."
Here's some more pictures that recently came up...

NetRanger 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-26-01, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NetRanger Click to send private message to NetRanger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: New info... is this THE Silas Gaither?"
Here is the article that this picture was lifted from. The photo should say courtesy of crashdown.com rather than surviiivor.com

http://www.crashdown.com//news/1865.shtml

09-26-01, 03:01 AM (EST)
10. "RE: New info... is this THE Silas Gaither?"
Curious... what was he doing there -- had he ever guest-starred on Roswell -- I don't remember having seen him.

The "up and coming" description for a guy who, at least it was our understanding, had done little or no work, just seems surprising.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •