The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final Rankings - Final 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-17-05, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final Rankings - Final 3"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-05 AT 09:01 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-17-05 AT 09:01 PM (EST)

*** Spoilers contained within ***

This was the best show of the season - so far...

Rankings are quite easy in my opinion.

Top Tier - Bo

Mid tier -

Bottom Tier - Carrie, then Vonzell. Close, but Carrie edges vonzell slightly.

This was the "Bo Bice Show", and i think he may have won it all tonight. He was just downright amazing tonight.

Teh women were like all the women finalists so far. Bo outshined everyone tonight. (except maybe Clay)

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 clemsonbeav 05-17-05 1
   RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 frisky 05-17-05 2
       RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 nailbone 05-18-05 11
           RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 brvnkrz 05-18-05 17
               RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 probably clueless 05-18-05 18
 RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 SouperStar 05-17-05 3
   RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 scottyg124 05-17-05 4
   RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 nailbone 05-18-05 12
   RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 singmeasong 05-18-05 22
 RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 Bebo 05-17-05 5
   What Bebo said Breezy 05-18-05 8
   RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 nailbone 05-18-05 13
       RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 Bebo 05-18-05 15
 great night! Lisapooh 05-17-05 6
   RE: great night! probably clueless 05-17-05 7
       RE: great night! zazzy 05-18-05 10
           RE: great night! probably clueless 05-18-05 14
   RE: great night! Bebo 05-18-05 9
 RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 Devious Weasel 05-18-05 16
   RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 nailbone 05-18-05 19
 Agree. Pensha26 05-18-05 20
 RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 lovwigglesworth 05-18-05 21
 RE: Final Rankings - Final 3 seahorse 05-18-05 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-17-05, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
What geekboy said.

Beav: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-05, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
What Beav said.

The world is my litterbox.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
What Frisky said.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
what Boner said.

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
What geek said, that beav said, that grisky said, that boner said that knockers said.

A Kittyloaf®Original

SouperStar 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-17-05, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SouperStar Click to send private message to SouperStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
Bo-Within a dream

Carrie-Making Love
Carrie-Crying
Bo-Don't Let the Sun Go Down
Vonzell-Chain of Fools
Carrie-Feel Like a Woman
Bo-Satisfaction
Vonzell-On the Radio

Vonzell-Love this way again

Carrie-19
Bo-18
Vonzell-8

Vonzell goes home.
I'm still waiting for a holy crap/goosebump song like Kelli's "Natural Woman" or Clay's "Solitare."

scottyg124 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-17-05, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail scottyg124 Click to send private message to scottyg124 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
I think it was a bo show, but I also think the vonz edged out carrie tonight, that last song was horrible..
1.) Bo
2.) Vonzell
3.) Carrie- bye bye, there's always nashville star...

05-18-05, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
I'm still waiting for a holy crap/goosebump song like Kelli's "Natural Woman" or Clay's "Solitare."

Bo, last night, had that for me with "Within a Dream". I taped that show last night, and I plan to keep it.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

singmeasong 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-18-05, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singmeasong Click to send private message to singmeasong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
Carrie-Making Love - Very powerful performance - Got chills during song, held note forever and was a pure pleasure to listen too...AWESOME

Bo-Within a dream - Boldest move ever and might have won idol by pulling it off. Held the one note too long...took away from performance.

Carrie-Crying...girl sang song with feeling

Bo-Don't Let the Sun Go Down - Bo makes the song his, you do not even think about Elton John

Vonzell-Chain of Fools - Her best performance. Was great just not up to Bo's and Carrie's top two.

Vonzell-On the Radio - Another very good performance, just outshined by other two contestants.

Carrie-Feel Like a Woman - Take out first 10-15 secs and it would have been much better...Oh and Smile Carrie

Bo-Satisfaction - didn't do anything for me...But Bo is always has the stage performance

Vonzell-Love this way again Only song I thought was really weak.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
I'd like to say that before tonight I didn't really care who won. That changed.

1. Bo - Within a Dream
What a daring choice to go a capella. Unless you have complete command of your nerves, they'll show when there's no instruments to hide behind. Unbelievable.

1 (tie). Bo - Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me
When Clive announced this song, I shook my head. It didn't seem like Bo, and it seemed a strange choice given Clay Aiken's command of this song during the wildcard show in AI2. This song made me want Bo to win. I never would have picked this song for him, but he took it and made it his own. Anyone can sing a song, but few can own a song.

3. Vonzell - Chain of Fools
She was having a blast up there. It was fun watching her have fun.

4. Carrie - Cryin'
She sounded beautiful during this song. But that lighting made it impossible for me to see her face. That song demands an emotional commitment to sell it, and hiding her face in the shadows kept that from happening.

5. Bo - Satisfaction
His weakest of the night, but still a damn fine performance.

(big drop off)

6. Vonzell - On the Radio
Some questionable notes. Mr. B was so psyched when he heard she was singing Donna Summer because he thought it would be a good fit.

7. Carrie - Man, I Feel Like a Woman
She sounded awful at the beginning. And I just wish she would have been dressed differently. It's hard for me to buy into a girl singing a song celebrating femininity while wearing faded jeans. Shania knows how to sell a song. Carrie doesn't.

8. Carrie - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
What an atrocious song choice. The parts she sang well - and there were parts - made me wish she had chosen Total Eclipse of the Heart instead. I just can't listen to her sing about making love, it just doesn't compute. It's not that she can't sing, and it's not because of her sweet country girl image. It's because she doesn't emotionally commit to the performance and comes across with the sincerity of an old sneaker.

9. Vonzell - I Know I'll Never Love This Way Again
I was impressed with all three of Clive Davis's song choices - challenging, yet giving all three the opportunity to shine. Vonzie has tackled the tough stuff before, but this one did her in. Those jumps are killer, and she missed the top note too many times.

I've already gotten through way too many times for Vonzie. (Bo doesn't need me, that's the only reason I'm not voting for him.)

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "What Bebo said"
I agree with it all and was going to make the same comments about how confident Bo had to be to sing without a band. I also was confused about Clive's song picked for him, Clay nailed that song in his year. But Bo was awesome, it was his night.

Vonzell will go home tonight.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

05-18-05, 09:08 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
I agree completely with you, Beebs. Bo left me speechless with "Wintin A Dream", and "Don't Lt the Sun..." was just as good.

I've already gotten through way too many times for Vonzie. (Bo doesn't need me, that's the only reason I'm not voting for him.)

I only tried to vote for Vonzell once, just to see, and it was busy. I got through for Carrie a couple of times, and I got through for Bo several times right about 9:00 CDT. Worried me a bit that too many had the same idea you did that he was safe and didn't need the votes.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

05-18-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
Oh, I'm sure the Bo fans were hitting the phones like crazy, if only to hear his voice.

This is the first time I've voted this season, so I don't think I'm a good gauge. I voted for Vonzie for all the times earlier in the season that I said I wanted to vote for her but didn't.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "great night!"
it will be a shame to see any of them go after tonight.

1. Bo - Within A Dream: perfect, brave, mesmerizing.

2. Bo - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me - I was skeptical of this song choice, but he brought it home. this song is very sentimental for me too, so that didn't hurt

3. Carrie - Cryin' - this is such a hard song. Bebo is right (DUH), Clive Owen did give them very challenging songs but still ones that showcased their abilities. Unlike say Paula and Randy. Vocally this was awesome - but the lgihting/presentation was horrible.

4. Vonzell - On the Radio - I lvoed this. upbeat, likeable, bouncy Vonzell. She should always do these types of songs.

5. Carrie - Making Love out of Nothing at All - I hate this song! I really do, but Carrie did a wonderful job on it. She knows how to pick material that suits her.

6. Carrie - Man, I Feel Like a Woman - started off really shakey - but she was animated and rebounded well. I don't agree that this pop/country hybrid is right for her though. I'd like to see her do a throwback record like Lee Ann Womack's new album.

7. Vonzell - Chain of Fools - people criticize Carrie for not understanding a song, but Vonzell's need to make this song a peppy, winky dance fest shows she doesn't always get it either. It was a solid vocal but she didn't interpret the lyrics at all.

8. Bo - Satisfaction - just seemed like a throwaway performance on a night we got to see Bo as a deeper artist. Not his fault. It was still a strong, solid, entertaining performance and I liked how he changed it up a bit.

9. Vonzell - I Know I'll Never Love This Way Again - got off to a rocky start. It wasn't a terrible job, just not good enough on a night of really really good performances. Vonzell peaked a few weeks too soon.

Bottom two: Carrie, Vonzell
going home: Vonzell

an upset wouldn't surprise me. Bo's maturity and experience has really lifted him over two very good singers.

05-17-05, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: great night!"
As much as I was rooting for the home state favorite, she really tanked tonight.

I would move your Von #4 to #6 and move Carrie up.

I think Paula hit it dead on about Carrie being a bit too bright on 'Cryin''. Perhaps when she realizes her brief affair with Bo is over, she'll be able to sing that song the way it was intended. Stark.

I thought Paula liked Bo. WTF was she thinking giving him 'Satisfaction' to sing. Randy gets the BMI rights coup for the night with Carrie and 'Man...'. 'On the Radio' Simon...nice guy.

As much admiration and respect as I have for Clive Davis, he just shouldn't have been on the judges panel tonight.

Bye Baby-V...hang in there!

A Kittyloaf®Original

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-18-05, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: great night!"
Interesting comment about Clive. Why shouldn't he have been on the panel?

05-18-05, 09:09 AM (EST)
14. "RE: great night!"
His first comment about Von (objective), 'You hit all the notes' should have been, 'You hit some of the notes.'

His next Vonism (subjective), 'You lacked soul' should have been, 'You rocked that babe!'

All his other comments seemed like they were typical patronizing fluffy cliches fed in by Seacrusty from off stage.

A Kittyloaf®Original

05-18-05, 08:42 AM (EST)
9. "RE: great night!"
I don't agree that this pop/country hybrid is right for her though.

I like what Randy was trying to do with this song choice, though. The biggest criticism against Carrie has been that she's stiff onstage. Randy picked a song for her that would give her a chance to disprove that when he picked something fun and uptempo in a country vein. Too bad she squandered the chance.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
This might have been the single best night of Idol ever. I wish they would just take all three to the finals instead of cutting someone loose.

Tier 1
Bo: Within A Dream – Amazing. Utterly amazing. I would go out and buy his record today if there was one.

Bo: Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me – Would have been great if not for Within A Dream

Tier 1.25
Carrie: Crying – You know, people always used to talk about closing their eyes and just listening to Scott sing. Do the same thing with Carrie. It doesn’t matter if her performance is a little wooden if she’s singing this good.

Vonzell: On The Radio – Perfect choice. I wish Paula had been as kind to Bo as Simon was to Vonzell.

Tier 1.5
Carrie: Making Love Out Of Nothing At All – Again, close the eyes and the vocal improves tremendously.

Vonzell: Chain Of Fools – I liked it, but I agree completely with Clive Davis. It’s not a peppy, happy song. It’s a mean, angry song. Up tempo, yeah. Mean and angry, definitely.

Tier 1.75
Carrie: Man I Feel Like A Woman – Started out rough, brought it home.

Vonzell: I Know I’ll Never Love This Way Again – A good performance on any other night.

Bo: Satisfaction – Not a bad performance, but considering what came before, eh.

05-18-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 12:21 PM (EST)

I would go out and buy his record today if there was one.

I thought you knew that he had one. www.sugarmoney.net Well worth the money!

ETA I won't ever close my eyes when Carrie is singing. She's gorgeous!

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-18-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Agree."
Although I am hoping for a Vonzell-Bo finale.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-18-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 03:00 PM (EST)

1. BO!BO!BO!- "Within A Dream" The best of the season, hands down.
2. Carrie's "Cryin'"- Again I give brownie points for singing one of my favorite songs very well.
3. BO's "Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me"- Although it was still quite "poppy", he put a little rock into it and (like Randy said) proved he can do just about any song.
4. Carrie's "Making Love.."- She held that note for about 10 minutes I think.
5. BO's "Satisfaction"- It was nice after such a wonderful tear-jerking performance for him to come out just do a very fun song.
6. Vonzell's "On the Radio"- Vonzell is a really good singer. She is also very pretty and seems like a very nice person. But her voice has never made the hair on my arms stand up like BO's does.
7. Vonzell's "Chain of Fools"- (see above)
8. Vonzell's "Never Love This Way Again"- I was thinking the same thing about her smiling during the song as Clive mentioned. Why is she smiling during a song about being dumped?
9. Carrie's "Feel Like a Woman"- Even if my husband does want to jump her bones, Carrie is not a sex-kitten. Aside from messing up the beginning, I just did not buy it one bit.

While typing this I've come to the conclusion that from now on BO's name should be all in capitals, all the time.
BO!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Final Rankings - Final 3"
1 Bo
2 Carrie
3 Vonzell

Vonzell goes home.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •