The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ed "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-19-03, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ed "
I know at least a few of you are watching Ed since it showed up on people's non-reality tv (favorite) lists.

I'm so happy that Ed and Carol are getting married! I'm more thrilled than I should be considering it's just t.v., but I think the show is great this season-- even without the Ed/Carol will they/won't they get together tension. In fact, I think they managed to keep that tension alive in the NYC episodes. I truly love this show and it's quirkiness and romance. If only I had Ed Stevens (oh well, the hubby will have to do!)

Last weeks episode was hilarious, and I love the fact that this show continues to keep it fresh despite the fact that NBC doesn't really support the show like they should. Thank goodness they gave us a fourth season!

Are you all enjoying?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ed ashleybfogg 11-20-03 1
 RE: Ed woeisme1 11-20-03 2
 RE: Ed sittem 11-20-03 3
 RE: Ed Bebo 11-20-03 4
   RE: Ed ashleybfogg 11-20-03 6
 RE: Ed AugustGirl 11-20-03 5
 RE: Ed sittem 11-21-03 7
   RE: Ed AugustGirl 11-21-03 8
       RE: Ed EnglProf 11-22-03 9
 RE: Ed Loree 11-30-03 10
 RE: Ed ashleybfogg 12-10-03 11
   RE: Ed Bebo 12-11-03 12
       RE: Ed EnglProf 12-11-03 13
       RE: Ed ashleybfogg 12-11-03 14
           RE: Ed EnglProf 12-17-03 15
               RE: Ed ashleybfogg 12-18-03 16
                   Ed tonight EnglProf 01-23-04 17
                       RE: Ed tonight dabo 01-24-04 18
                           RE: Ed tonight AugustGirl 01-25-04 19
 Ed's finale SurvivorBlows 02-09-04 20
   RE: Ed's finale Bebo 02-09-04 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ashleybfogg 2367 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-20-03, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ed "
awesome. I was just stopping by here because Ed just ended, and I had just one thing to say:
I Love Ed.

It's not just the romance. It's the ups and downs, it's Phil, it's all of it. well written, beautifully done. When a show makes me applaud at the end, then I know the Nielsen system should die, and the direct voice of the watchers should be heard. That is all. Damn I love this show.

Thanks for the post, Prof! Great Minds Do Think Alike!

woeisme1 4081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-20-03, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ed "
Been watching and in love with the show since the very beginning. It just started so can't expound on its virtues but am still loving ED.

Happy Hawaiian Thanksgiving (Turkey)
I was going to refuse to post to you but I realized that if I didn't tell you, how would you know I was ignoring you?--Pythonfan

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-03, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ed "
I've enjoyed it from the beginning - I guess I just like the quirky style with a variety of story lines and people with personality. Sometimes they're a little beyond believeable (see Shirley), but they're all likeable.

Mike - "It must be tough to be you."
Ed - "You have no idea."
Mike - "Oh I think I do."

Love Eli and Jennyfair.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-20-03, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ed "
Other than Phil Stubbs (who just drives me nuts), I really like the show. What makes it for me is the believable rapport in the friendships - Ed and Mike, Carol and Molly.

And I was loving it last night as Ed was trying to put together the perfect proposal. After all of the stuff pulled in that romance already, it had to be quirky and special - and it was.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

11-20-03, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ed "
Phil used to drive me crazy, too. Somehow, with the introduction of Eli into the equation, there's more about Phil they're giving us to see. Eli's brought something out of Phil Stubbs that I want to see more of. go figure!

*waves*hi Bebo and baby Boo! (I thought that idea on your thresd about a little blue peep by yours would be cool.)

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-03, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ed "
I love Ed. Love, love, love it.

I've loved it from the first episode and have not been disappointed yet. I do have to agree with Bebo that Phil gets on my nerves, although I do have to say last week's episode with Phil, Molly, their kiss and it's aftermath was pretty funny. And kinda sweet.

Ed and Carol's pending wedding can only lead to more fun and wild times in Stuckeyville/New York. I can't wait!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ed "
My biggest concern for the show is what happens when Ed/Carol finally get married? Where's the tension then in their relationship?

It brings me back to Northern Exposure - Joel/?? relationship - show was good when it was unresolved, but when they became a couple it went downhill fast (at least that's the way I THINK I remember it).

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

11-21-03, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ed "
Maggie. And you're right, Sittem. Northern Exposure did go south once they hooked up.

I hope Ed doesn't go the way of NE once they get married. And they can't move to NY permanently because what would happen to Stuckeyville and all it's wacky citizens if Ed and Carol lived in NYC?

11-22-03, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ed "
I got the impression that Carol wanted to move back from NY on the last episode but wasn't going to because then she would never know if Ed would have moved for her.

Now that he's proved he would have, she's off the hook. I'm not positive that this means the writers won't pursue the NY thing for at least a few episodes, but they seemed to set the stage for her return last week... which makes sense--the Carol in NY is a dumb*ss! Not realizing that she wasn't being fair to Ed by dragging her new "hot" coworker around with her? She isn't normally that oblivious.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-03, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ed "
I guess I'm alone because I think this season has been less than great. I never wanted Ed and Carol to get together. I think it's ruining the show. I would rather watch Mike and Nancy than Ed with Carol. I suppose it is that I don't think Carol is good enough for Ed. I love Molly too. But I can't stand Phil. Ewww!

12-10-03, 11:10 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Ed "
It's wednesday night and I'm happy! Is it so wrong? A new Ed, and I stop posting, quit writing my paper, and enjoy and focus. There are too few shows that really require attention to enjoy, and tonight there's two of them. I had a theatre teacher that said 'if you can keep up with a show while doing other things, it's not good work'.
Just had to say. again. I Love Ed.

thresd wake-up! Happy Wednesday!

12-11-03, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ed "
Normally I hate Phil, but that poker game was funny.

I am the embodiement of snarky, sarcastic and smart.

12-11-03, 10:17 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Ed "
Looks like trouble for Ed and Carol next week. Damn Ed-- and so out of character. I can only hope that the promo editing is fooling us. Well, I can hope that then go try to get my life back! I guess we'll see next week.

12-11-03, 11:14 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Ed "
I know! You just made me laugh again, reminding me.
worst.poker face.ever.

The Cincinnatti Idiot...lol

12-17-03, 10:01 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ed "
Ha! I thought that was deceptive editing I spotted in the promos for tonight's Ed-- Carol never saw the Ed/Cici kiss. And yahoo! they're not moving!! (Then again I never really thought they would--Carol has bad hair in NYC!)

12-18-03, 01:01 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Ed "
Hi Prof!
Tonight was great. They pulled us this way and that and that eveel hussy woman! I was sure something bad would happen. Then again, I knew it wouldn't... argggh! So glad it didn't. Now that NY is over we can get back to all the fun that is Stuckeyville.

*waves Hi*

01-23-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
17. "Ed tonight"
I read in Entertainment Weekly that Clay Aiken's going to be on Ed tonight-- playing himself if I remember correctly. Maybe he's filling in for the VERY absent Warren P. Cheswick!

Also, in bad Ed news, I read in Matt Roush's "Ask Matt" column (TV Guide Online) that they're not running a full season of new Eds-- I think they cut out five shows or so from a normal season. Matt Roush, who's very in-the-know and a great Ed supporter thinks this may indicate that this is finally Ed's last season.

Sadness!

The only thing that makes me feel better is that Ed hasn't been nearly as clever and witty this season, as they've scrambled to devise a series of obstacles to put in Carol and Ed's path. Ely Goggins the III is Fantastic, but I sorely miss Warren and the humor he added to Stuckeyville.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-04, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ed tonight"
This is the last season, there are only three or so new episodes to go. Darn shame, Ed was a good lead-in to West Wing, it had a lot of potential that was never realized.

Can we petition the network for Law and Order Ed or CSI Ed or something? Monday Night Ed? That would be cool. Ed of Arcadia?

01-25-04, 08:51 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Ed tonight"
I was shocked when after Friday's episode the announcer said that there were two (I think) episodes left. I figured that this would be their last season because NBC didn't seem to support Ed last year either, moving their time slot (which always seem to be a bad sign).

I'm just very bummed that we're not getting a full season. I feel cheated. And sad.

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Ed's finale"
I was an Ed fan and tried to watch it when I could (although it was no longer "must see" TV for me... if it ever had been) but I completely lost track of it and never saw it again after it was booted to Fridays to make room for the aborted Apprentice move that was cancelled.

How many episodes aired on Fridays -- two? three? I knew it wasn't a good move when it was bumped to Fridays and the season finale was scheduled for FEBRUARY, but when did the promos turn from a season finale to a SERIES finale?

And for those who saw it -- any other news in the finale other than Ed & Carol living happily ever after? Mike didn't decide to go practice medicine in Cicely, Alaska did he?

-SB

02-09-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Ed's finale"
Ed & Carol were trying to plan a theme wedding. They decided on a circus wedding, but in the middle of the ceremony, they realized it wasn't the right thing to do. They ended up getting married in the bowling alley by Phil (who got ordained over the Internet). The final $10 bet of the show was Mike dropping trou during his toast to show the words "Mazel Tov" on his boxers.

Some silly subplots, but nothing earth-shattering for any of the characters.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •