The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What's the deal with voting"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-27-03, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What's the deal with voting"
Canadians can't vote for AI, but we can watch it. This being said, I've never bothered to figure out how voting works. I've seen posts here where people say they voted three or four times for one person.

Wha? How does it work anyway? Can you only vote for one person, but as many times as you want within the time limit? Or can you vote for more than one person?

Fill me in here, eh?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What's the deal with voting Femme 04-27-03 1
   RE: What's the deal with voting carencey 04-28-03 2
       RE: What's the deal with voting Bebo 04-28-03 3
           RE: What's the deal with voting Femme 04-28-03 4
               I hate to contradict you.... cyclehausen 04-28-03 5
 What about the end? Canada Girl 04-30-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-27-03, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What's the deal with voting"
Once the show is over, voters have 2 hours to call in their votes. You can vote as often as you like and for whomever. You can place votes for every contestant, if you want, but why you would is beyond me. I usually vote for only one person, but like last week, I voted for two different people. I usually vote anywhere from 4-10 times for a favorite. (I'll only vote once or twice for my second favorite if I even have one.)

Femme

"We are men of action; lies do not become us."

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-28-03, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What's the deal with voting"
The only reason I could think of to place votes for every contestant would be if you wanted to see how easy it was to get in on a given contestant's phone line. I'm generally not curious enough to test the line of someone I don't want to vote for though, that just means I have to phone in more votes to the others to cancel myself out, if that makes any sense.

Last week, I phoned in votes for Clay, Kim L, and Trenyce--so I knew going into Wednesday's show that Trenyce was in more danger than Kim. Trenyce's line was not busy very often, and Kim's was actually slightly tougher to get through on than Clay's last week. Not sure if that's restricted by area code though.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-03, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What's the deal with voting"
Kim's was actually slightly tougher to get through on than Clay's last week. Not sure if that's restricted by area code though.

As someone calling from Clay's home area code, I can vouch for what you're saying. I was calling in for both Kim L. and Clay and had an easier time getting through on Clay's line. Considering the call volume in my area was high enough to cause problems for the AT&T wireless tower (there were times I couldn't even get a signal), that says something about the improvement in Kim's fan base.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-28-03, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What's the deal with voting"
Well... I also think (and maybe I'm way off the mark) that Clay and Ruben (who both experience a massive amount of votes) probably have more lines dedicated to handling their fan base? And, until a week or two ago, Kim just wasn't drawing the votes to justify more phone lines in her name.

Just a thought as to why it's easy to get through to Clay and Ruben, but not Kim and someone like say, Trenyce.

Femme

"We are men of action; lies do not become us."

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-28-03, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I hate to contradict you...."
...but I secretly love it. They can't giv a contesant more lines than another. No way.

If I give you a cup to catch raindrops, and then I say whoever catches the most raindrops wins - even if you are the best raindrop collecor, you will not beat me if I am using a 50-gallon drum.

Did that make sense? Shut up, I'm drunk.

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-30-03, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "What about the end?"
Do we ever get to know how many votes each person got each week? Is a tally ever available? It would be cool to see what weeks someone was in real jepordy and didn't know it, squeeked by, etc.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •