The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
It was interesting to see Baby V and Carrie battling it out last night during "Islands in the Stream". They were trying to outsing each other, just like Celine Dion and every other singer she ever performs with.

So, Now we have three, but we know Bo is staying. There has been debate over Baby V vs. Carrie. So, let the battle royal of the Idol divas begin.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! kahanasunset 05-12-05 1
   RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! scottyg124 05-12-05 3
 RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! Glow 05-12-05 2
 RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! PhoenixMons 05-12-05 4
 RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! Smiley819 05-12-05 5
 RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! Wingbob 05-12-05 6
   RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! Flairmarq 05-12-05 7
       RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! kahanasunset 05-12-05 10
       RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! cambo 05-12-05 11
       RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! cjhope117 05-12-05 12
 RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! seahorse 05-12-05 8
 RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! uberspoon 05-12-05 9
 RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! scottyg124 05-13-05 13
   RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! Flairmarq 05-13-05 14
 RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!! Harrison 05-14-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-12-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
Vonzell is hands down better than Carrie. and Carrie is losing ground while Vonzell is gaining.

scottyg124 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-12-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail scottyg124 Click to send private message to scottyg124 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
I agree, Vonzell is much more talented overall then carrie, not that carrie dosen't have a good voice, I just think I would like Vonzell's album much more then the country tracks that will probably come from carrie...

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-05, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
umm. Carrie is hands down better than Vonzell. Always has been. That's, of course, my opinion. I will buy Carrie's CD. I will buy whatever Bo wants to sell me. I will buy Nadia's CD. I will buy Nikko's CD. Maybe probably even Scott's. Vonzell's? Not so much. She is very pretty and very likeable. If she wins, I'll think it was the wrong choice. So what? America can't always get it right. That's been proven week after week that she's still there.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-12-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
If we're talking quality of voice alone, I'd go with Carrie. Oddly enough, these were my two favorite gals after the initial auditions. The only other gal I ever liked more than these two was ousted in early Hollywood (Rashida with the very gorgeous/sultry alto voice). But the 'whole package' definitely goes to Vonzell, IMO. Vonzell has a much more unique voice than Carrie and she's a zillion times better when it comes to performing and conveying the songs to the audience. What made me stop rooting for Carrie was the fact that she looks like she does not like performing (no emotion, no energy, no effort put in to learning what the songs mean). Her voice is fantastic, but that's all she has going for her.

One of these two is going home next week and I highly doubt it'll be Carrie. Let's just hope that Anthony's votes will go to Bo

Got blog?

Smiley819 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smiley819 Click to send private message to Smiley819 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
Carrie is definately the best of them all! Vonzell is good but Carrie is better and I think Carrie and Bo will be in the top 2.

Wingbob 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-12-05, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wingbob Click to send private message to Wingbob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-05 AT 02:01 PM (EST)

....tastes great....less filling....
tastes great.....less filling

05-12-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
I think its about style here more than anything. Carrie is better at singing country, while Baby V is better at r & b. But the reason I root for Carrie is that I don't want to see an other r & b artist win it. Why? Because we have already had three of them, and its time to evolve past only one genre of music.

I agree with Simon when he said Carrie will sell more albums than any other idol. Country music has a huge fan base and Carrie can cross-over very easily, and I don't see Baby V getting as huge of fan base that Carrie can generate.

I give the props to baby V--she's the most improved of the lot. She has a great voice, but in the end, winner or not, Carrie is going to sell more records. Bottom line.

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-12-05, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
I didn't say that Vonzell should win. I said that Vonzell is a better performer - overall - than Carrie.

mahalo

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-05, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
>But the
>reason I root for Carrie
>is that I don't want
>to see an other r
>& b artist win it.
>Why? Because we have already
>had three of them, and
>its time to evolve past
>only one genre of music.

Three? I only count two (Ruben and Fantasia). I think Carrie's going to win and I think she's been a lock to win since the final 12. Once Jessica Sierra got sent home, she pretty much locked up a pretty big demographic. The fact that she's never been in the bottom three says something.

I used to like her but I've gotten bored with her in recent weeks.

cjhope117 584 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-12-05, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cjhope117 Click to send private message to cjhope117 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
Country music has a huge fan base and Carrie can cross-over very easily...cross-over into what? Silence? She is awful when she sings anything but country, and last night's mediocre version of the Dixie Chicks just proved that she is not even a solid country singer. I agree that she has a beautiful voice, but nothing to go along with it...no emotion, no stage presence, no personality.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-05, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
I think that Carrie has the better voice but Vonzell is a better performer. I think they are definitely fighting it out for the next boot. Bo is definitely safe until the finals.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
So I can totally admit that Carrie is my favorite remaining contestant. I began voting for her after Nadia's untimely dismissal (how's that for random switches?).

For me though, this is the first time that I have truly liked all three remaining contestants (and I liked Anthony too). I didn't like Nikki or Justin, Ruben wasn't my cup of tea, and Jasmine was definately not someone I thought deserved her high finish. But, this year...any combo of the 3 could make the final 2 and I would be satisfied with that.

I still think it's gonna be a Bo and Carrie final 2, but you really can't help being proud of Vonzell. She came from being told she'd not last 5 weeks, to being a contender for the final 2. Only Kim Locke showed such evolution in the past.

Here's the thing though (and I like Bo bunches)...I just can't imagine why on earth that Bo would WANT to win. He's got a HUGE fanbase and he's getting a record no matter what happens. He just seems like the kind of guy who would not feel good about recording the American Idol's album. Not to mention having to release some song about rainbows and bunnies as his first single.
wow! how off-topic did i just get?
anyway, it should be an interesting show next week. I really hope they do judges' choice again this year.

scottyg124 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-05, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail scottyg124 Click to send private message to scottyg124 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
I thought this was a cool poll, of course Bo's ahead by like 40%, maybe the Vonze will catch up
http://tv.channel.aol.com/americanidol

05-13-05, 03:39 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 03:42 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 03:39 PM (EST)

cjhope117--she can cross over to pop music. Shania, Garth, Faith Hill, just to name a few, did cross over to the pop charts. I think Carrie can do this. Partly because she's on idol, and partly because country is still hot.

Cambo--I agree, Kelly and Clay are more pop, but still, we need a new genre here.

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-05, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Gauntlet Thrown!!!"
I find Carrie to be superior to "the Vonze" on both fronts (performance and vocals).

That's not to say that Carrie's act is phenomenal, just that she's better than Vonzell.
Every time Vonzie gets on stage she applies an artificial "glamour pageant" smile whilst her eyes dart from right to left nervously...then she'll pause a moment, lose the smile, look around a bit more and re-boot. It's just sort of "forced".
Vocally, I think she reaches for Beyonce but ends up at...well, at Vonzell.

That said, I wouldn't spend real money on a CD form either of these game show contestants.
But then, there hasn't been one yet on which I would.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •