The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mission Successful..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-12-01, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mission Successful..."
...but not in the way I'd hoped...

When I posted my challenge that I would find the cast of S3, I did not know what kind of response I would get from people... fortunately, I recieved lots of help, and many people were rooting for me... (thanks )

Several people affiliated with this board e-mailed me information regarding the possible location and timing of the interview process... I also recieved information from at least one person who made the round of 800, but did not make the final cut.

One informative person accurately described all of the information included in the contestant packet (a copy of which is now available at www.survivornews.net), giving me the information about the timing of the interviews...

So, I started with a list of possible hotels in hand, and information regarding the location of previous Survivor interviews, as well as information about some of the interviewers (casting agency, psychologist, and other info that was passed along to me), and set out on a mission to find the cast of S3.

And then I hit a roadblock... they weren't anywhere that they were supposed to be, so I was back to square one, and I had to send out a round of e-mails, requesting any possible info that might help...

And one scored a hit...

The good news is that I found the location of the S3 interviews... the bad news is that they were over (for all intents and purposes) by the time that I got there. The interviews were held in a hotel, and I was able to observe crew members (specifically interviewing personel and camera crew) striking the equipment after one of the interview sessions.

So... what does this mean:

Well, some would view it as a failure... I was unable to return with even a picture of the cast (who all flew home today, some of them knowing that they would be flown to Africa in a couple of weeks to participate in S3, others knowing that they will not have the opportunity to win the million dollars.)

Personally, I view it as a success... when casting comes around for S4, I know how to find the hotel... even if they use a different one... there was one specific piece of information that will allow me to do a better job next time... if I'd had it early enough, I would have been able to find them this time!

I will not post any additional information about how close I got, or what strategies I employed to get as close as I did...

However, here is a real spoiler:

Apparently, MB was not happy with his group of finalists!!! For some unexplained reason, half way through the interviews, an ad ran during late-night on Los Angeles' CBS affiliate announcing that he was still looking for cast members for S3... auditions for college-aged (21-25ish) students were held yesterday... So... perhaps his casting people screwed up and didn't get any young blood... maybe there were no intriguing college students that sent in tapes... or maybe the college students that had been selected for the finals failed the psychiatric evaluation...

For whatever reason, MB did not have a college aged contestant that he liked... So he held auditions for one in Los Angeles, only... Therefore, I predict that there will be someone from the Los Angeles area that is between the ages of 21 and 25 in the next cast of Survivor.

Anyway, I'd ask anyone that I discussed this mission with to keep it quiet... the less info about how I made it as close as I did, the better chance I have of getting even closer the next time...

Agent Double-Oh Sleeeve signing out until next time...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Good try Sleeeve! IceCat 06-12-01 1
   RE: Good try Sleeeve! sleeeve 06-12-01 5
 RE: Mission Successful... Drive My Car 06-12-01 2
   Hey Meeester... IceCat 06-12-01 3
 RE: Mission Successful... George Tirebiter 06-12-01 4
   RE: Mission Successful... dabo 06-13-01 6
 Pat on the back weltek 06-13-01 7
 RE: Mission Successful... ItzLisa 06-13-01 8
 RE: Mission Successful... Krautboy 06-13-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-12-01, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Good try Sleeeve!"
I still would have liked a picture, tho...

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-01, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Good try Sleeeve!"
>I still would have liked a
>picture, tho...
>
>

Since I didn't have any pictures of anyone other than crew members, I have chosen not to post any pics that I took... posting them would give away the way in which they were taken, and I'd rather leave that pathway open again for the S4 cast...

Since S4 is only 4 months or so after S3, we (me) can expect to go through this entire process again in October, or so.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-01, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mission Successful..."
SleeeeveMan
You are awesome!!
The effort was incredible.
Later I think you will find value in what you learned.
So we don't got pictures, Man! You got so close.

All hail Sleeeeve for his efforts!!!!!!!!!!

EBug

Hey Sleeeve wanna meet a nice girl, single, lives in Simi?
Email me if interested in meeting my sister

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-01, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Hey Meeester..."
Wanna meeet my seeester...

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-12-01, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mission Successful..."
sleeeevie--I don't care what you came away with (or didn't come away with. . .)--you were the only one crazeee enough to make a plan and follow through. I think the SB community is very luckeee to have gained such a devoted spoiler! (We lazy types rely on you for this stuff. . .) BRAVO!

*standing ovation for our cleeever sleeeve!*

GT

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-01, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Mission Successful..."
I echo GT's bravo and standing ovation! Your efforts brought fruit, and I hope you had an interesting time in your endeavor.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-01, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Pat on the back"
Way to go, Sleeeve! I'm pretty helpless when it comes to getting breaking info to you guys. I live in Wisconsin and have no ties to the film industry. So it is very cool that we are lucky enough to have people like you on the boards! I bet you are just aching for S4 to come around now to try out your new sleuthing skills! Well, we can't wait either!

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-01, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Mission Successful..."
Way to go, Sleeeve! This mission sounds like a total success to me! You got alot farther and found out alot more info than anyone probably could at this stage of the game, short of being a crew-member! *applause, applause!*

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-13-01, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Mission Successful..."
Good work Sleeeve. First hand spoiler information is so very rare; it is quite an accomplishment to have gotten as close as you did.

Now I can tell my friends I know a guy who was at the hotel where the interviews took place. Cool...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •