The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tribal Colors (and names)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-27-01, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tribal Colors (and names)"
Tribe Colors: Red and Black
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"There are 5 clans in the Maasai proper, descended from 2 totems--Oodo Mongi (the Red Cow) and the Orok Kiteng (Black Cow)."

Merge Color: A color apprearing in the logo and the same color as Official Site "episode list" color...Yellow???

"For both S1 and S2 the merge color has been in the logo, not true for the initial tribe colors. Also,, on the official sites, if you check under "Show" there's a running list of episodes. For both S1 and S2, the color of the episode list has been the color of the merged tribe."

The following excerpts are part of an interesting discussion from the "Mess" and the basis for my speculation. Knowing the tribal colors is interesting, but knowing the merge color could help in spoiling and categorizing photo evidence as it surfaces this fall...

Tribal Names and Colors Researched and Speculated
To determine the new colors of the tribes, we have a bit to look at. First of all, let's see how the original tribe names/colors were probably determined.

SURVIVOR 1
-----------------------------------------------------------
Orange, Tagi tribe, name of beach.
Yellow, Pagong tribe, name of beach.
Green, Rattana tribe, name decided by merge members.

SURVIVOR 2
Blue, Kucha tribe, Aborigine for "Kangaroo."
Green, Ogakor tribe, Aborigine for "Alligator."
Orange, Barramundi tribe, name decided by merge members.

SURVIVOR 3
Red, Shumusi tribe, Swahili for "sun".
Black, Balamwezi tribe, Swahili for "moon".
Yellow, ??? tribe, name decided by merge members.

How did I come upon these conclusions?

First of all, the reason that Orange was not used for one of the two starter tribes in Survivor 2 was because then people may dub that tribe "the new Tagi" and the other as "the new Pagong," which of course Burnett would not like for obvious reasons. Had Green been used again as the merge color, that would have established a precedent for that. But it wasn't, so I think that we can come to the conclusion that Green, Orange, Yellow, and Blue are out for the two initial tribe colors to avoid duplication, and Orange and Green are out for the merge colors.

Let's examine the two initial tribes first.

Out (see theory above): Green, Blue, Orange, Yellow
--------------------------------------------------------
So let's take all main colors:

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue, Purple, White, Black, Grey, Brown
Green/Blue/Orange/Yellow are gone. This leaves us with

Red, Cyan, Purple, White, Black, Grey, Brown
We can assume that Cyan won't be use, because it's too close to Blue, which was used last season. Brown is close to Orange, used for Tagi, which makes it less likely than Red, Black, and Grey. Purple and White don't sound very African-like.

Red, Black, Grey

Now we move on to logo evidence. The main colors in the logo are Orange, Yellow, Red, Black, Green, and Brown. Out of those, the only two in our batch are Red and Black, making them the two most obvious for the two starting tribes.

Now onto the remaining tribe, the merge tribe.

---------------------------------------------------------
Initial Colors:

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue, Purple, White, Black, Grey, Brown
Red and Black are out, those are our two initial tribe colors. Orange and Green were used for previous merges, so they're gone too.

Yellow, Cyan, Blue, Purple, White, Grey, Brown
We'll go back to our earlier argument that Purple and White don't sound very African-like, and Brown is too close to Orange (Barramundi). This leaves us with

Yellow, Cyan, Blue, Purple, Grey
Returning once again to logo evidence, we can find that the only color out of that batch that passes the tests is Yellow. Yellow is our merge tribe.

So we have Red & Black as our starter tribes, and Yellow as our merge tribes.

Some speculated that the tribes were going to be the names of animals again. I don't think so, Mark would want to keep things different. So then some people speculated that they would be plants. Even though plant names would be logical, the tree tribe? The grass tribe? It would seem quite pathetic. The tribe names have to sound cool -and- have cool meanings behind them. Thinking about the colors, red and black, I wondered what they would do with them. I tried to think of things that were associated with Africa that corresponded with these colors. Bodies of water was my first guess, but the "river" tribe would seem awkward coupled with either red or black. If you ever encounter a red or black river, you're probably in hell. :-P

Then it hit me: sun and moon. We know S3 takes place in Kenya, and the Masaai people are deeply rooted in ancient tradition. Excited by this, I tried to find places where I could translate "sun" and "moon" into Swahili and Masaai. Unfortunately, I could only find a Swahili translation engine, as Masaai is a dead language, and Swahili is not.

So I translated them. Because of the different regional dialects, I got multiple words for each word I translated. "Sun" came up with:
Jue, Shemshi, Shumusi

I don't think that they would use Jue, it looks like "Joe" and it's not really native-sounding. Shemshi is somewhat of a tounge-twister to American tounges. Therefore, I think we can narrow it down to the Red Tribe, Shumusi.

"Moon" came up with:
Mwezi, Balamwezi, Mbalamwezi, Mbaramwezi

The "Mw" and "Mb" sounds do not exist in the English language, so English-speakers cannot pronounce them. "Mwezi" would be pronounced by an Anglophone as "IHMM-weh-zee" and "Mbalam" as "IHMM-bah-lahm", both of which are really wrong. The obvious choice would be the one with the least disputable pronounciation, which is, of course, the Black Tribe, Balamwezi.

So, I want to hear what everyone thinks. Here's the recap (and so far, I believe, the best guesses on the board):

Red - Shumusi
Black - Balamwezi
Yellow - (decided by merge members)

-Evan L. Jones
emailjonesie@yahoo.com
AIM: TkThatGuernica

May 26, 2001
11:46 PM US Eastern Time

(in case I need to prove that I'm right, and this IS the original post. Optimism, j0! :-P )

...The following comments, made in response, are also interesting:

Re: Tribal Names and Colors Researched and Speculated
Excellent post artquality/evan ! Thoughtprovoking.

I agree with you completely about red. Black is well argued, too.

I can see your point about yellow and blue, which would otherwise have been excellent companion colours for red. (In fact, I still think a deep or sky blue might still be possible).

However, I don't think we can necessarily cancel out white yet, mainly because the Maasai have that blood and milk ritual, which is core to their survival (sources of water when there's not much of the fresh kind, etc). Blood is red, and milk is ... White. (Just pointing out the obvious for dramatic effect).

The main problem I see with a white team, is that it could be construed as a racial issue (I can't exactly see there being a white team and a black team over there in Africa...). White is also completely impractical as the colour of a bandanna on the sweaty head of a survivor.

On the other hand, it is a traditional 'safari' colour, so together with red that could join the two key elements of Kenya's human history. (It's a safari-type colour for very practical reasons, as it reflects the hot sun away -- in some tropical countries, most of the cars are white for that reason).

Edited to add my second thoughts : All that cultural background I tried to incorporate _might_ mean nothing I have just remembered that the SII colours had no particular basis in Australian culture...

Edited by: ssstefffii at: 5/27/01 2:48:29 am

And what I found most interesting...

the colors
---------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, Evan...

It turns out that red and black are important colors for the Maasai.

I posted this in the 'general information' thread, but here it is again:

Quote:
There are 5 clans in the Maasai proper, descended from 2 totems--Oodo Mongi (the Red Cow) and the Orok Kiteng (Black Cow).

Though on the other hand, light blue and orange are also likely choices, but may have been eliminated for reasons that you have stated:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The people of the Ilpurko tribe(which is in KENYA) prefer orange and light blue on their beaded decorations, whereas the Ilkisongo (in Tanzania) like dark red and dark blue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARCVS SEMPER OMNIPOTENTIS EST
(Mark is always the All-Mighty)

I believe in a higher power...and it's Mark Burnett

"The Tribe has spoken. It's time for you to shut up. Now."

...and some observations about past merge colors...

Edited..Evan, I like your post. For both S1 and S2 the merge color has been in the logo, not true for the initial tribe colors. Also,, on the official sites, if you check under "Show" there's a running list of episodes. For both S1 and S2, the color of the episode list has been the color of the merged tribe. And, to get further out, the colors for S1 were yellow, orange and green and for S2 they were blue, green and orange...both had one primary color and two secondary colors. Red (primary) and purple (secondary) haven't been used, although purple doesn't seem likely.

Edited by: LadyIreneAdler at: 5/27/01 9:23:58 am

...thinking about the names is fun, but doesn't seem to have any real spoiler value.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tribal Colors (and names) bergdogg 05-27-01 1
 RE: Tribal Colors (and names) richterboy 05-30-01 2
   I agree Richterboy! weltek 06-01-01 3
       RE: I agree Richterboy! BaquaR13 06-04-01 4
           Good thought, Richterboy AyatollahKhomeini 06-04-01 5
   RE: Tribal Colors (and names) beagee 06-05-01 6
       Welcome! Krautboy 06-05-01 7
       To beagee AyatollahKhomeini 06-05-01 8
           RE: To beagee beagee 06-05-01 9
               Hobietopia AyatollahKhomeini 06-06-01 10
 RE: Tribal Colors (and names) Krautboy 09-25-01 11
   But still.... AyaK 09-25-01 12
       RE: But still.... SherpaDave 09-25-01 13
           RE: But still.... SurvivorBlows 09-25-01 14
               RE: But still.... NightScribe 09-25-01 15
                   Addenda AyaK 09-25-01 16
                       RE: Addenda Mitrelleum 09-26-01 17
           RE: But still.... Loree 09-26-01 18
 Background on Tribal Names PepeLePew13 09-26-01 19
   RE: Background on Tribal Names Kokoro 09-26-01 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-27-01, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tribal Colors (and names)"
Well, good and solid points are made for these colors, but I don't think that black would be a good choice for the tribe colors. You have to remember, we are talking about being in the middle of AFRICA. There is no O-zone there, and Wearing such a dark color as black will make someone hotter than if they wore a lighter color, like white or yellow. I think though it would be an interesting color change for the game, I just don't like putting dark colors on people in extremely hot weather.

richterboy 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-30-01, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail richterboy Click to send private message to richterboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tribal Colors (and names)"
How about Mongi and Kiteng as the two tribe names. This would seem to fit previous shows, as in each, one tribe (with the shorter name) ended in a vowel, while the other (with six letters) ended in a consonant.

S1: Tagi Pagong
S2: Kucha Ogakor
S3: Mongi Kiteng ???

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-01-01, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I agree Richterboy!"
Mongi and Kiteng would be perfect tribe names. The ones suggested for sun and moon are still way to tough to pronounce in everyday conversation. MB knows that we sit and talk about how "we hate Ogakor" or something like that. Americans need to be able to readily pronounce names. As does Jeff Probst...they have to be names that roll off his tounge such as, "Kucha is kicking your ass..."

I do think that Black would be a poor choice for a color. MB has to be thinking of the heat factor there. Plus he wants them in bright colors so that they don't sneak off easily! I think Red will definitely be a tribe color though.

Good research everyone!

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-04-01, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I agree Richterboy!"
>Good research everyone!

Good research is right! I am so impressed at how we were able to find all of this out. Good job, keep it up!

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-04-01, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Good thought, Richterboy"
Richterboy, what an excellent idea -- name the tribes after the two ancestors of the Maasai. I don't know if Markie B. will do this or not, but it's a great idea. I still have problems with the "black" tribal color, though ... and that also calls red into question.

I still think MB will go lighter with tribal colors, so that future contestants/attention whores can wear them all the time, as Lis did, and they'll stand out against clothing. No black, but light brown might work (lion brown?).

beagee 4 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-01, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beagee Click to send private message to beagee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tribal Colors (and names)"
>This would seem to
>fit previous shows, as in
>each, one tribe (with the
>shorter name) ended in a
>vowel, while the other (with
>six letters) ended in a
>consonant.

Richterboy, I must confess that you really put my brain to work trying to think of six-letter words in swahili that end in consonants. I finally gave up and went rummaging around for my swahili dictionary... No swahili words end in consonants! It's always* a vowel. That never occurred to me until just now. (How odd.)

Given Kiswahili's popularity here in the US and its broad recognition, it seemed logical that MB would choose swahili names for the tribes. But if he wants to stick with the vowel/consonant thing, he can't.

Good work, Richterboy. I think you might be on to something here.

Bea

*Footnote - I should note that there are a handful of words taken from other languages like that end in consonants, but they're not really "swahili" words per se.

06-05-01, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Welcome!"
Beagee, nice to have you posting over here. I've read your posts before on other boards and have also posted excerpts from them here. Hope you continue. You make valuable contributions.

06-05-01, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "To beagee"
beagee, I just wanted to add my thanks for your comments as well. Like Krautboy, I have enjoyed your posts, whether in Kiswahili or English, and I also thought your effort to turn Hobietopia into a legitimate spoiling community was praiseworthy, if ultimately unsuccessful (that was you, wasn't it?).

BTW, in the post on the ellipsiiis board (asking if you were related to another elder in Survivorland), I was referring to Paul Sims, the head of SurvivorSucks.

One thought on Richterboy's names pattern: MB has felt free to "alter" the names from the original language -- at least one of them is just a root form (I can't remember which). I think he'll stick to Kiswahili but alter the word ending in the same manner.

beagee 4 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-01, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beagee Click to send private message to beagee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: To beagee"
Thanks! Glad to be here.

AK – I nominate you to write the tell-all memoir of the survivor message boards. You’re like an encyclopedia of spoiler board history. I knew that Hobie thing would catch up to me some day. That was a terrible evening -- I returned from a long business trip to find the EZ board not working. I tried and tried to get someone on Hobie’s board to explain what had happened. Sadly, I got an earful of conspiracy theories, but not much else. Are they still up and running?

I'll keep giving some thought to possible swahili tribe names. Someone somewhere - I forget who -- suggested Maji and Chakula (food and water), which I really liked. Chakula is one of my favorite swahili words. Fun to say. "Cha - cool -la"

06-06-01, 07:57 PM (EST)
10. "Hobietopia"
>I knew that Hobie thing would catch up to me some day.

Several of us (including at least one member of Hobietopia) were very impressed with you regarding this! I don't think you have to worry about it "catching up to you." BTW, I'm not a member of Hobietopia, but I look in there sometimes --- the Hobies are alive and well (and as raunchy as ever).

>I'll keep giving some thought to possible swahili tribe names. >Someone somewhere - I forget who -- suggested Maji and Chakula
>(food and water), which I really liked. Chakula is one
>of my favorite swahili words. Fun to say. "Cha - cool -la"

Chakula seems like a very good possible name, because you're right -- it's a great word. I don't think Maji works as well. We'll all give this some thought too.

09-25-01, 09:36 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Tribal Colors (and names)"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-01 AT 10:03 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-25-01 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-25-01 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

Just thought it would be interesting to use a little hindsight to review the thought process...

Samburu: Red
Boran: Yellow

Merge: Green???

Looking at the logo, Green is the other dominant color besides the red and yellow tribe colors...so it would make sense if it were the merge color.(knowing the merge color would help to place pictures we come across in the right time frame...pre or post merge.

(Black and Orange are also found in the logo, but orange was the merge color in SurvivorII and black is an unlikely choice for reasons discussed earlier in this thread.)

Krautboy

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-01, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "But still...."
...two colors have been used twice, in each of the first two Survivors: orange and green. Green was the merge color in S1 and a tribal color in S2. The other colors used were yellow and blue, so red is a new color. It would seem like the logical choice for the S3 merge would be either a light blue or a light purple, so that one color isn't used all three times. Of course, this is mere speculation at this point. Thanks for bringing the discussion back up, Krautboy.

One theory that proved to be right from above was the "tribe name" theory of richterboy (even though he didn't get the names right!): in each show, one tribe ended in a vowel, while the other ended in a consonant.
S1: Tagi, Pagong
S2: Kucha, Ogakor
S3: Samburu, Boran

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-01, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: But still...."
Has anyone covered yet what the tribe names actually mean? Last season, MB used the meanings for a fair amount of foreshadowing that was useful in spoiling. Have we got anything like that this time around?

The eyes are gone, the logo's back. Looks like the time where we'll be expected to use less resource-intensive graphics are just around the corner. Whee!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-01, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: But still...."
According to the CBS weatherman guy who for some reason took over from Jane on The Early Show this morning (ya, I made a point leave the house a few minutes late and watch this, so sue me ) and read all the names aloud (I never watch the show, does the weather guy normally push in on Jane's stuff?) both the tribe names are derived from names of local tribes.

No animals this time. ...but then again, who knows how the local tribes got their names?

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-25-01, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: But still...."
Sorry to be picky, but aren't the tribe colors more of a maroon/gold? (meaning: that they aren't using primary colors, so the merge tribe color could be any number of shades).
NS

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-01, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Addenda"
Hi, NightScribe, and welcome. Yes, the colors are not straight "red" and "yellow", but we're trying to break MB's pallette down into broad strokes useful for photo analysis.

I would think that there are nine possible families of colors that MB might use: red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple, white, black, brown. Within each color, there are lot of shadings and variations, but we've just been trying to identify the family, so that, if we see an off-red band tied on someone's arm, we know it's a pre-merge picture.

And, as Webby states, the Samburu and Boran are local tribe who have apparently been doing battle (over cattle, for example) for some time.
http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/lizleyden/safari/samburu/samburua/samb_a.htm
"The three-reserve complex of Samburu/Buffalo Springs and Shaba lie in the semi-desert in the south of Kenya's northern Frontier District, north of the 'town with the pretty mosque' - Isiolo. The main local tribes are the Samburu (close relatives of the Maasai), the Boran and the Turkana.
The journey from Nairobi takes about four hours."

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-26-01, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Addenda"
I agree with NightScribe. But judging by what the colors actually look like, I'm voting for red and gold, rather than yellow.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: But still...."
Well I found out that Samburu means "butterfly" in the Maa language.

And the Kenyan people raise Boran cattle.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Background on Tribal Names"
Found on another site, here's some background on the two tribal names, Samburu and Boran...

Samburu

The Samburu (which means "butterfly" in the Maa language) tribe is part of the Maasai group. The Samburu call themselves "Loopok" (the survivors).

The Samburu, along with the Maasai are semi-nomadic pastoralists who move seasonally with their cattle, along with a few sheep and goats. Boys take the animals out to graze during the day, and herd them back inside their homesteads at night. Cattle are wealth to the Samburu, and are never eaten or sold. They are used for buying wives.

In the seventeenth century the Maasai proper migrated southwards, and the Samburu eastwards. They all speak Maa, a Nilotic language.

Women are entirely responsible for building and maintaining the houses of the Samburu.

Boran

The Boran are a nomadic tribe living in the north-east of Kenya and number more than 70,000. They take their name from the Boran cattle.

Kenyan ranchers developed the Boran from the cattle of the Borana people of southern Ethiopia. The breed was found in southern Ethiopia, northern Kenya and southwestern Somalia. The Boran belongs to the East African Shorthorned Zebu type and is raised primarily for meat production.

The Boran is a medium-size Bos indicus breed that shows high resistance to heat, ticks, and eye diseases. It can endure scarcity of water and can live on low quality feed.

Borans are highly fertile and mature earlier than most other Bos indicus breeds, and are noted for their docility.

They are usually white or grey but are also found in red or pied. Bulls often display black points.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-26-01, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Background on Tribal Names"
Something on the Borana people....heh and unless we're to believe the tribe was named after the cows and not the people, it's and obvious spelling error (that most people would make, admittedly; but you'd figure they'd at least check it out) ^-^;;

Identity: The word spelled Borana is pronounced with the final vowel silent. It refers to the people or their language and also means friend or kind person. Thus, a bad person may be told he is not Borana.

Here's the Borana article if anyone wants to go over the whole thing (It's a tribes page so I wouldn't be surprised if Samburu was in there as well):

http://website.lineone.net/~kbcoll/BorKenya.html

----------------------------------------
"Oh, I feel just like Santa Claus... except thinner, and younger, and... female. And, well... Jewish..."

- Willow (BTVS)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •