The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Unspoken Alliance - Part II"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

moliemolie 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-11-02, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moliemolie Click to send private message to moliemolie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Unspoken Alliance - Part II"
If you are going to ban me, I might as well go out with a bang. I want everyone who opens this to read the comments from Rayak first and then read my response. The person who wrote the first comment should have been banned from this site and the thread should have been locked after these stupid and stereotypical comments.

Rayak:
"The racial thing is present in ALL reality shows. I think people are cast in light of this, and honestly, it's what gives it a good "edge". Notice how Amy was APOLOGIZING to Marci not a week after he put her on the block! The whites will always kow down to black players, it's just the way it is. You'll notice that black players will get "ghetto" when it is in their best interest. Remember the second week or so when Dani did?"

My response:

Don't call it a racial thing because black people more strong minded than whites. (First of all, this statement was in response to the above comment stating that whites tend to "kow" to blacks.) Since this is "reality TV" this is how it is in real life. Black people have a strong character by nature (this is true, as the person above figured out by observing the behavior of the HG's) but they get into trouble when they allow emotionalism, or "ghetto" as you call it, to take over. (This is also true and fortunately this behavior has not been exhibited by Marci or Dani and that is why they are still in the game.) On the other hand, white people are great at using mind games and manipulation to get there way. (This is and always has been the way white people operate. We rarely take the direct approach. Roddy, Chiara, Josh, Gerry and Eric all used this tactic and look where it got them.) It just so happens that in this game, the black players are out manipulating the white players. (In other words, the black players are being manipulative also. However, they are keeping their emotions in check and keeping the 'ghetto' factor out of the competition. That is why they have not been evicted. That doesn't mean manipulation is o.k., but if all the players are doing it, why give harsher judgment to Dani and Marci?)

Furthermore, Dani and Marci couldn't stand each other at the beginning but they both had to realize that the other was a good player so they have no choice but to get along. Don't turn this into a racial thing. (If the two them are bonding now because they are black, why weren't bonding before? News flash: Both of them have been black the whole time. Common sense would tell you that Marci is using whatever he thinks will work to get on Dani's good side because he realizes she is doing something mighty special because she has never been nominated.) These are human beings playing the game the best they can and the best player should win, regardless of the color of their skin. (This sentence tells you how I really feel about the situation.)

Now, since I have chosen to defend the black players from the ignorant comments above and a barage of insults launched by Rayak, SurvinDawg and Nailbone, I have been warned that I am on the verge of eviction. Why? Because someone of your own race as has called you all out and told you how closed-minded and ridiculous you can be. How do you defend yourself against that? It is people like you that make my understand why a lot of black people just flat out don't like us.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Unspoken Alliance - Part II JoanneMcG 09-11-02 1
 RE: Unspoken Alliance - Part II nailbone 09-11-02 2
 Going out with a bang AyaK 09-12-02 3
   RE: Going out with a bang SurvivorBlows 09-12-02 5
 RE: Unspoken Alliance - Part II SurvivinDawg 09-12-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JoanneMcG 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-11-02, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoanneMcG Click to send private message to JoanneMcG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Unspoken Alliance - Part II"
I can't speak for any of the Big Brother Houseguests.
However, it seems to me that people made alliances
for several reasons, ultimately ones that would further
them in the competition.

On the issue of racism in the world, it exists. On
the issue of racism on this board, I hope not.

This is an exciting Big Brother Competition because
it has us all talking about it. I read the spoilers
and the bashers pages looking for updates. I phone
my sisters and tell them what I've read. I hope we
can all continue to be interested and involved in this
GAME. It's a much needed distraction in my life.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-11-02, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Unspoken Alliance - Part II"

>a barage of insults launched
>by Rayak, SurvinDawg and Nailbone,
>
No insults from me. I disagree with you, and can point out many contradictions and misstatements you've made (which, Webby, I won't), but I have the right to disagree and to express that opinion. Don't accuse me of insulting you because I haven't, and neither have Dawg or Rayak.

And that's my final word on this subject.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-02, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Going out with a bang"
moliemolie, if you have been reading these boards, you'd know that I'm also a fan of Dani's. However, I can't excuse your posts based on our common belief that Dani has been playing the game the best.

If all you had done was post the above to rayski (not Rayak), then there wouldn't be a problem. rayski was wrong. Notice, though, that rayski dropped it. In fact, everyone dropped it -- no one else posted on that thread after you. But you didn't drop it.

Instead, you started a thread called "What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?" and argumentatively challenged the existence of any alliance AT ALL between Dani and Marci. When you were challenged, as you should have been (since your facts were wrong), you responded by name-calling:

You are delusional!

Get you head out of your A@#! You started this so don't get offended now.

Like I said before, just in case you were having a hooked on phonics moment earlier

Plus this, which I found incredibly offensive:

The fact of the matter is that black people rarely do stick together because of the color of their skin and that is why they have to discuss it. With white people it is 'understood' that they have each others back based upon the color of their skin so there is no need to discuss the way it has always been.

When your thread was locked, you started a new one to do more name-calling at rayski, SurvivinDawg and nailbone. Instead of simply moving on like everyone else, you wanted to go out with a bang. Well, I think you may get your wish.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-02, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Going out with a bang"

Actually, I think she went out with a whining, nonsensical whimper.

Bye mollie.

-SB

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-02, 06:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Unspoken Alliance - Part II"
Now, since I have chosen to defend the black players from the ignorant comments above and a barage of insults launched by Rayak, SurvinDawg and Nailbone

Don't be bringing my name into this, badly misspelled or otherwise. And especially do not insinuate that my legitimate bashing of Danielle (yes, that IS a "basher" board, n'est pas?) is racially motivated, as you are trying to imply here.

I will waste no more time giving you the courtesy of reading your posts, leg. Adios.

What is the opposite of mercy? Justice." -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •