The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Non-Official Recap Ep 6 "Terrier Makes A Lovely Fish""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-18-02, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Non-Official Recap Ep 6 "Terrier Makes A Lovely Fish""
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-02 AT 02:32 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-18-02 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

I’m A Much Better Liar than You
Previously, the Country Music Awards pre-empted our favorite travelogue/b*tchfest. Some of us got wasted and wreaked havoc on the boards in a senseless protest. Okay so I may have been the only one. Do I get points for admitting it, at least?

Previously before that, Damon and Andre offered 30 Euros to join the Clown Princes Travelling Sibling Circus. Teams faced their fears at the steep cliffs. Except Flo, whose pitiful whining “I wanna get off” made me feel sorry for the poor guy who tries to satisfy her in bed.

Only half the teams proved too stupid to handle the simple task of refilling the gas tank, which is a surprising statistic given that all this year’s batch of teams contains at least one nitwit, numbskill or dingbat and some teams contain two. Aaron cried, Arianne shied, Ian pried, Teri sighed, Flo why’ed, Zach tried while Mike & Kathy hied off to a nearby 4star hotel for a different kind of “ride”.

Ken & Gerard came in first, and Mike & Kathy came in last, paying dearly for their luxurious night of love. 7 teams remain. Who will be eliminated ...huge pause ...I mean really long. As in did you see who got voted out of Survivor last week - long ... tonight?

We’re at the massive Borj Nord fortress built more than 400 years ago.TAR producers are taking care to see to it that we get a fully rounded experience, so they throw in these infomercials every week. It does give the weaker among us ammunition. “But honey, it’s Edu-ca-tional. Today I learned that the Borj Nord is located in the heart of the bustling religious & cultural Moroccan city of Fez. It’s not just the 5th pit stop in a race around the world.”

Phil asks, “Will the Sibling Circus be able to work effectively now that AceLeeches Andre & Damon are sandwiched between them?” And what of Teri & Ian? Phil tells us they are the oldest team EVER to reach the 6th leg. These two are so freakish they remind me of a bit from a Monty Python sketch. ‘Terrier makes a lovely fish, back legs off, fins on, simple metal tube through the back of its neck so it can breathe, bits of gold paint.’ The Terriers have a fishy quality, and so are officially anointed with a brand new nic: FishFaces.

431 a.m: KennyG depart at the crack of freakin dawn and are instructed to drive themselves 150 miles to Hussan II mosque in Casablanca. Phil’s cameramen helpers show us the route while we learn teams get $50 for this leg. Either stuff is really really cheap in Morocco or there’s a hell of a lot of flying and/or walking. Since I know they shell out left and right for cabs, I’ll go with “cheap.”

Phil informs us the mosque is one of the largest religious monuments in the world, second only to Mecca itself. Look honey, more educational stuff .

Gerard gets off my good side from the get-go, with a whiny voice that would give Flo a run for her money. “We’ve got to get to Casablanca, lord knows how long THAT is.” Could it be something in the water? He says if they “stay sharp” and “on it” they do very well and he then proceeds to fail at closing the van’s back door. Way to stay sharp there, Gerardo. Hee. (The editors are absolutely marvellous.) Today’s Circus Plan: stop in this telephone booth, change into Super Leech costumes, and flag a cab to help them figure out where they’re going. Go BroMo Leeches! (So maybe it’s not that bad of an idea, but how different is it from what Andre & Damon do?) Of course, this isn’t a big American city, and cabs are few and far between, so Team BroMo are left waiting for their pals. And I don’t mean Team 9-1-1.

437 Andre & Damon are away. Damon tells us they’re “kinda” gratified to be in 2nd position cuz they’ve been fighting for survival. As I see it, this team’s strategy involves constantly being pitied for being in desperate need of assistance and thus being helped by other teams. So it has to be a disadvantage to be one of the frontrunner teams, instead of having a choice of 5 or 6 other teams to leech off. Poor Leeches, they had to figure out the clue instructions all by themselves. “Ca-ca-casa- bla-bla-n-n-ca - Casablanca!” Woo! Reading is not DA’s strong point. Their chance to maintain their lead over the other even suckier teams calls for hanging on for dear life to the Sibling Circus. They commence searching for the BroMos.

444 and the Twidiots depart. It’s early morning, so I guess I should cut ‘em some slack for sounding like they’re still half asleep. One Twidiot reminds us that this is their third leg leeching off, I mean, working with KennyG’s well-travelled experience.

KennyG are well aware of the nature of the relationship with Andre & Damon. Kenny says they’re “stuck with them” and it takes more energy to try to avoid them. DA say “here come the Doublemint Twins” in a tone that makes it sound like they’re the leeches. Soon the 6-man Sibling Circus is on the road, caravanning behind a taxi. A Twidiot hopes they don’t get separated cuz they gave up their maps to Ken and Gerard. I don’t believe I heard right, so I rewind. Yep, the Twidiots gave up their maps to KennyG. In the lead car (behind the taxi that is) Ken is driving and talking: he reckons the BroAlliance with the Twidiots has been beneficial to both teams. The BroMos have benefitted from the good-looking charm that the Twidiots exude without thinking about it, while the Twidiots in turn have benefitted from Gerard’s map-reading skills. Of course it would help if Ger would buy the right maps in the first place. Ken doesn’t think anybody can read a map “as good as” Gerard, and of course Team 911 “no way do they even know where they’re going.” Haha - that’s where you’re wrong, Kenny. They know where they’re going - wherever you’re going. What more do they need to know?

524 The young’uns JV&J & FZ depart. I may just use initials. Flo says JV&J are a great team to pair up with cuz they’re honest. JohnVito says they get along great with FZ and it’s good to put all their minds together. Oh? Four empty heads better than two? That’s meaner than I really feel, cuz JV&J are my latest “most favorite team in all of realitydom” and I prefer FZ to the Leeches and the FishFaces. The JV&J plan is do whatever to get ahead of “those teams behind them.” Speaking of whom...

528 Departure of the FishFaces. Ian: “HooRah. Rather be 4th than 6th. Hit the ground running.” The Annoy-O-Meter automatically clicks on click clickety click. Two seconds after they’re in the car they’re cryptically bickering about “shoulda planned both ways” cuz they “talked about it last night.” Ian asks Teri to not berate him and she looks fed up. Jeez. Almost but not quite a clicky situation. Driving along they pass JV&J and FZ. “Just drive right by,” Teri says. A-O-M click for her. “HooRah we’re ahead of ‘em.” A-O-M click for him.

JV&Jill-o are this week's unlucky winners in the Crappy Car Sweepstakes. No sooner had HooRah zoomed by, but JohnVito notices the temp guage is on, steam or smoke is coming from the hood of the car and they pull over. Ian notices in the rear view mirror that one of the teams they just passed had “pulled off.” For some reason FZ don’t notice they’ve lost their teammates, or else Zach did notice and decided to pretend he didn’t which actually seems a lot more likely. If he’d mentioned it, it would have started up the WhineMobile. I can understand FishFaces not wanting to help others, but didn’t FZ just get through telling us how much they love JV&J? Hmm, no, actually it was just Flo. So that’s how FishFace Ian notices and DustMop Zack does not.

Back to the Striken Ones. JV: “Something just blew” and once out of the car they see fluid dripping from under the hood. JV impressively diagnoses ‘radiator’ as the cause. It’s impressive to me, but then everything under the hood is “engine” to me.

Back to FishFaces who are making the decision to go to Casablanca via Rabat. My guess is that’s the only way to get there from Fez. FloZzz are behind them and Flo stupidly says she’d “rather not follow” IT cuz they have a “horrible sense of direction.” So what will FZ do? Find ANOTHER way to Casablanca? Fight to be ahead of them by just a carlength? Nope. No need. IT stop to ask for a few final just-making-sure-directions (which is a bit AOM-ish, so click) FZ “blow right by” and get their wish - they’re no longer following Fishfaces. Zach notices finally that JV&J are not behind them. That is either a helluva long time between rear-view mirror glances, or more likely, going with my earlier theory, Zach probably figured it was safe to let Flo know that they weren’t there. Only Flo could make “where would they have gone?” sound whiny. A-O-M click for Flo. And kudos to Zach for preventing their downfall by going back to stand around with JV&J, which you KNOW is what would have happened.

JV&J sit by the side of the road with their lousy broken down car. And wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles, they are Not whining crying bitching moaning OR blaming other teams. They’re just dealing quietly with their disappointment and frustration. I can’t help but like this team.

704 Airyheads depart. Blahblahblah. “Still a lot to give to the race, still in it.” Let’s face it, if you like them, nothing I can say will change your view. If you dislike them, then I’m not being mean enough to satisfy you. I’m not trying to change anyone’s view. Really I’m just tired of them. If you’re like me, “liking” Aaron & Arianne is a distant Ep1 memory. They’re getting the “mellow” treatment this ep, but that won’t make me care. Aaron says he & LadyA don’t speak the language and don’t speak French, but they just “scream at people and it seems to work really well.” A-O-M click and Where’s the footage of locals throwing camel dung at A&A’s car, that’s what I want to know?

Phil voices over that if a car breaks down through no fault of the team, then a new car will be provided at the team’s request. However, no time credit will be given for the time lost due to the unlucky situation. JV tells us it’s been “about an hour” since the car broke down. A-O-M click for the unlucky situation. I know it’s irrational but I feel partly responsible since I have declared them as my new favorite team.

KennyG are more or less at the Mosque. We are treated to 2.4 seconds of establishing “scenic footage” of the mosque vicinity. Another cameraman gives us the approach to the mosque footage. The mosque is quite tall. The SuperCircusCaravan has made it there without mishap. Woo, I guess. Know-It-All Gerard says “you can’t run in here.” Again, he’s probably relying on his “extensive travel experience” but A-O-M click. I’ve gotten thin-skinned with these people. Whininess, bossiness, over-bearing smug know-it-allness, empty-headed pretty boyness - it’s all become extremely irksome. I know what it is - I’m missing the hunkiness of Michael. Proof? Gerard’s bow-legged walk-motion: AOM click.

The three teams find the flag. A Twidiot reads the clue as ‘Pale Maray.’ hooboy it’s “Palm-er EE.” It’s not really annoying, more pathetic, but AOM click anyway. Teams are to travel 150 miles by train to Marrakech, then take a cab to the outskirts of the city and find “this” large oasis (I’d include a snapshot, but we’re desperately short on bandwidth this week.) If you watched the ep, you’ll recall we were shown the destination. If you didn’t watch, there were a lot of palm trees, followed by more lost-souls footage as A&D struggle to translate the clue into whatever language it is they comprehend. Twidiots hope for the amazing miracle of a train ready to leave the minute they arrive at the station.

FZ and IT arrive at a tollbooth at the same time. More whine-ops for Flo, more footage of Ian doing ordinary things and still managing to be annoying. AOM click click. IT get through first, and Flo puts on her extra pouty face to mark the occasion.

FishFaces are bickering better than ever. “Don’t tell me to shut up” “You just passed another exit” “I’m the pilot” “Well I’m the navigator and I say we should get off.” I mean, who hasn’t been on a long family drive and enjoyed this sort of conversation? I’ve been known to occasionally drive past the correct exit and have to drive 25 extra miles each way to the next exit, get off, and get back on again to return to the correct exit. But have you seen me on tv? No.

Ian displays yet another facet of his oh-so-charming array of personality quirks. He tells Mrs. FishFace that he will get off the highway if she wants him to but it’s her responsibility because he thinks it’s a mistake. A-O-M click click clickkkkk.

FZ see the exit for “CentreVille” and correctly deduce that it is the correct exit. Their exiting the highway prompts more Teri fretfulness. Ian takes the next exit and immediately hires a cab to help them find the mosque. However, FZ arrive first at the mosque flag. (Me: HooRah - take THAT Ian.)

IT double-check and so thanks to them we learn that there was no Fast Forward information provided with the first packet of route info. FishFaces and Helper Cab pull up at the mosque just as current 4th place FZ are ready to leave. Lo! A taxi! Flo approaches and puts her HighSchool French accent to work. “Si vous allez a la gare et nous prenons la voiture merci okay.” Actually it wasn’t bad. She got the vocab right more or less. Here comes our Preview Tidbit. Hold onto your seats, readers, you’re in for a lumpy ride.

Ian: No. Flo: WhyNNN! Teri: No. He’s OUR Cab. Don’t ‘no'”. Flo, bless her whiny heart, has finally met her whiny match in FishFaceTerriers the IT team.

Ian pays the cab and then instructs him to wait. Teri argues, “whaddaya mean, we can get another one.” Ian: I want him to stay here. Teri: But... Ian: I want him to Stay HERE. Ominous Glare At Teri = AOM click.

And for good measure another A-O-M click. It’s just this kind of nastiness that made me turn against the Airheads. Not that I was ever really rooting for Teri&Ian, but their longevity in the race does kind of command a tidbit of respect. However, Ian’s behaviour in this interaction has me rooting for Flo & Zach and that deserves major negative points. AOM ClickClickClick.

Not to worry - 2 seconds later, Flo has regrouped and is ready to reproach Ian for his rudeness. “I didn’t know that whas yourrrr taxiiii” - words onscreen just cannot convey Flo’s awesome ability to turn any sentence into screechy whininess. Flo is within her rights, but that voice could break glass. Lucky for everyone she’s in the middle of a huge piazza type place, with no glass for miles.

As Ian and Teri make that long walk down the mosque piazza to the clue box, he tells her that when he “makes a decision, it’s a decision and that’s it.” A-O-M clickety click. Still no sign of Teri putting her foot down, but a hell of a lot of Ian putting down his. Where’s a pile of dogpoo when you need it?

We again have the FishFaces to thank for unleashing new information, as they check out the Fast Forward. This leg, teams need to find a flagged carpet shop in Marrakech. One sentence from the FishWife and it’s over to Phil, who looks ever so slightly self-conscious to be uttering the same flipping words he always utters. (He has perhaps been reading recaps?) He explains the Fast Forward: once per leg, the once used never again and the deciding when it’s Most Advantageous To Go For It. He also delivers visual footage of the doomed carpet shop and explains the task at hand: searching through hundreds of carpets in a back room to find THIS (insert photo) one carpet with the Fast Forward symbol woven into the design. Now there’s an item that will fetch a tidy sum on eBay.

The Gare de Casa Voyageurs is the name of the train station. Yellow&Red flags out front indicate where to leave your vehickle, and here is the Sibling Circus now: Ken & Bowlegged Gerard, AceLeeches Andre and Damon, with Twidiots bringing up the rear. 6 man Super Leech Alliance, all present and accounted for, SIR! Train leaves in 10 minutes. The scene wouldn’t be complete without
(a) Twidiots worrying that they won’t make the train which isn’t even fully arrived at the station to collect passengers; and
(b) one team arriving just in time to miss said train.

The Super Circus of Leeches Alliance is aboard, and here are FloZzz to fulfil item (b). The next train won’t be leaving for another 2 hours, at 1110. Damn.Hee. Flo’s at the top of her whiny game, being able to convey ‘whiny’ without making a sound. Perhaps thanks are due in part to that earlier run-in with FishFaces, who are no slouches themselves when it comes to whining.

Commercial break. We viewers are deemed too thick or too wasted to keep track of five minutes ago, so here’s Zach to summarize. “Oh Brother, Twins, Team 9-1-1 are all on that train and the next one isn’t until 2 hours, 11:10. It’s frustrating.”

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Non-Official Recap Ep 6 "Terrie... AMAI 11-18-02 1
   RE: Non-Official Recap Ep 6 "Terrie... L82LIFE 11-19-02 4
   RE: Non-Official Recap Ep 6 "Terrie... Puffy 11-20-02 5
 RE: Non-Official Recap Ep 6 "Terrie... vsuri 11-19-02 2
 RE: Non-Official Recap Ep 6 "Terrie... VA Slim 11-19-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-18-02, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Non-Official Recap Ep 6 "Terrier Makes A Lovely Fish""
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-02 AT 02:58 PM (EST)

Part 2 of Terrier Makes A Lovely Fish
FishFaces are at the Gare. “Let’s go. Let’s go” says Teri. “Stop talking to me like that Teri,” says Ian. A-O-M click. So it’s okay for Ian to bark like that at Teri, but not okay for Teri to do the same thing back? A-O-M click. The two antagonistic teams meet up, and Ian does ask what happened to “Jill & John, er John.” So, okay minus one click for even showing concern or interest. Zach says they’re nowhere to be found, which is editorial cue to...

cut to JV&Jill driving, telling us how much it sucks “to be in second to last place.” John Vito is down, but Jill is putting on a positive face, telling him they’ve been down before and they’re “professionals at moving up.” JV&J truly has the best inter-personal relationship of any team at this point. Maybe someone out there cares to provide evidence from past seasons to disagree? Anyhoo, Go Spooky Team! Yay!

Over in the AirBus, Aaron is perkily driving, suggesting stopping to get a map of Casablanca. Ya know, if this team had always been friendly and focussed on the Race like this, chances are good they wouldn’t be at the back of the pack. Anyway Arianne sounds worried about being eliminated, with a catch in her throat...awww (hee)

FZ say IT are nipping at their heels. Flo wants to go for the FF, but Zach would rather kick ass and get ahead of the FishFaces and still have the FF for later. Teri tells Ian that if they use the FF now, they’re cutting their throats for later. Oooh. That’s a little over the top, isn’t it? Ian thinks if they don’t go for it, their throats are cut. It’s a cutthroat game no matter which way you look at, I gather. He is certain FZ are planning on going for the FF, and indeed Flo is still arguing in favor of going for the FF. Leaving aside the FishFaces, there’s still JohnVito & Jill to consider. Flo finally agrees if JV&J don’t show up, she & Zzz won’t go for the FF. (I really should have invested in a “Go For It” meter for this ep.)

JV&J enroute to train station, John Vito is saying that if Jill wants to do the FF, they’ll go for it. According to him, Jill has been making the decisions for the team. Oh? That’s not what Jill told us last week. Jill said all Spooky Team decisions are group decisions. Ya have to really work hard to find a chink in the JV&J team dynamic, but there’s our first piece of contrary information. Could it foreshadow things to come? I doubt it, but this is the stuff previews are made from.

Flo asks JV&J what happened, using many more words than necessary. Why bother to say you don’t understand what happened before you’ve given the person a chance to explain. (She’s a face-time hog, is my thinking, but AOM click for Flo.) JV says their radiator exploded. Camera is on Flo, and I swear I could see her remembering the diesel experience, and her own idiotic idea that the car could explode. Doesn’t seem so idiotic now, does it? Well, that went through my mind, didn’t it go through yours too? Probably not - I seem to see things noone else sees.

Zack says to Flo, “So now what, we tell them straight up we’re not going for it?” Flo wants Zack to let her handle it, saying, “I’m A Much Better Liar Than You.” They named the episode after this??? TAR people need help naming episodes. This doesn’t even have much to do with the episode generally or specifically. AOM click for TAR ep title namers. And I guess “them” means JV&J, but given what happens next, I’m not sure. AOM click for FloZzz.

FloZzz’s arrival hasn’t gotten past the fisheye of Ian, who does a summary of all the teams that can now go for the FF. He’s tired and tells Teri he wants to go for it. Damn I REALLY wish I’d gotten that Go For It-O-Meter!

AA driving to the train station, are also planning to do the FF. Arianne’s voice still sounds like she’s got a frog in there, but I’m thinking it’s more on account of the lousy roads than because she’s on the verge of a breakdown. “Hopefully we can swing by and it’s still there.” Yeah. Haha. Ho Ho. HooWee that is FUNNY. Cute editing shows us that it’s just after 11am, and the train is pulling in to collect its second batch of teams, plus all the other people going to Marrakech. Footage of this second batch of three teams boarding the train serves the purpose of giving the FishFaces’ family members a chance to watch their loved ones perform the difficult task of “Boarding A Train.”

AA’s hustle into the train station notwithstanding, they will be all alone on the third train going to Marrakech today.

Back with the Super Circus Train, we listen to a Twidiot voice over about their alliance with the other two teams. So far, allowing the AceLeeches into the Circus hasn’t really jeopardized the Twidiots’ position. Sounds ominous, but... anything can happen, although it usually doesn’t.

Woo! In Marrakech. Yeah! Cabtime. Twidiots are whining about being stopped in a cab. Then they tell us more about how their alliance with the BroMos works - they share info for long sections, but teams are on their own for Detours and Roadblocks.

Which conveniently and finally brings us to the Detour, a choice between 2 tasks, artfully entitled Now You See It versus Now You Don’t. In Now You See It, select a pair of horses and ride to a route marker you can see, where you dig for clues painted on pottery. In Now You Don’t teams ride together on a sand bike to look for a route marker they can’t see from where they are, then they’ll rub a stone for the clue. Phil says this option requires a “leap of faith” because the distance isn’t known. What Phil doesn’t tell us explicitly, but we’re shown via the clay pottery and rubbed stone footage, is that the clues are mostly in Arabic. No matter which option is chosen, teams will still need to find someone to translate.

BroMos start out doing Now You See It. Gerard has trouble getting onto his horse, but once up there his bowlegs have no problem feeling right at home. Kenny says he’s too fat for his horse. Hee!

The Leeches and the Twidiots almost without hesitation elect to go for the sand bike option. They set off, and we return to KennyG, who are beginning their hope-filled search for A Clay Pot and Lid. They’ve only one small marked off square of dirt to search, so maybe it’s a good choice. Back to the bikers. Twidiots are doing MORE complaining, this time about the dust and the aggravatingness of it all. AOM click. Yep the AOM Meter is working real well. Guaranteed to last a lifetime. Leeches and Twidiots are lost, as demonstrated by a red&yellow route marker pointing them back the way they’ve just come. HA! They decide to work together to find the clue.

Back to KennyG. Gerard is anxious for a new doggy-style nic, as he paws at the ground pushing dirt behind him. Even Kenny says “Go Fido Go!” hah. Chances are they were on the verge of finding it, but they give up and decide to go back and try the sand bike option. There is a last wistful camera glance back at the patch of dirt that failed to be a worthwhile task.

Twidiots and Leeches find their clue and Phil does his blurbie about the clue being “mostly” in Arabic. What is in English is “Glacier” and “Hours of Operation: From 445 in the afternoon.” Teams have to find their way back into “downtown” Marrakech, get their clue translated and get over to the Glacier Cafe, where they’ll wait on the street for 445 to roll around.

KennyG are shown getting off their horses and instantly are on a bike.

Andre & Damon get back to the start first, but not knowing the Arabic, and not being able to figure out how to go about getting a translation, these idiots say that they’re just going to follow “these” guys (meaning Derek & Drew.) Derek & Drew figure that KG had “killed” them and were already on their way, so somehow that made it smart to just “kind of bring Damon and Andre along at this point.” AceLeeches doing what they do best! And woo, KennyG have gotten the clue.

At the gate leaving the place, Twidiots and Leeches learn from the attendant that what they seek is the Glacier Cafe. Cabs magically appear and they head downtown.

Back to the 2nd train. Flo is asleep, but still looks whiny, which if anything is more amusing than annoying. Zach is smirking about something. The FishFaces are definitely going for the FF. Ian prattles about running a clean race and finishing in the top three. Geez I hope not. I’ve had enough of them to last a lifetime. I never was fond of seafood at the best of times. AOM click.

This 2nd train arrives in Marrakech. Teams de-train, and shock of shocks, nobody yells for a taxi. I’m stunned. Ian coaches Teri “quick pace quick pace” AOM click, as they jog over to where they find a cab. Once installed, Ian flaps his arms and says “we fly” begging the question Fish or Fowl? It’s too funny to be annoying.

The younguns are confabbing over who is going to go for the FF. Jill wants to, JV wants to let FZ do it. It’s settled the way all juvenile disputes are settled, with a quick “shoot-out” round of Rock Scissors Paper. Flo does paper, and Jill does scissors, so JV&J get to choose. They Go For It. Flo gives Jill a cheek-kiss good-bye, and they go their separate ways. In their cabs, Flo yells “Love you guys” while JV&J fret over whether Teri&Ian are going for the FF.

I don’t know how long that train journey was, but I do wonder why they didn’t have this discussion ON the train, instead of AT the destination.

The two teams competing for the FF are enroute to Jamaa El-Fna Market, but thankfully we see JohnVito telling us about the task, instead of FishFace. But the Fish had good lead-time and are at the market already. Ian can see the shop’s flag from two miles away and tells Teri to “trust” him and just jog. Once in the shop, there’s a flag over their heads, indicating which roomful of carpets is that meant to be searched. Ian cannot see it, and questions how Teri knows which way to go. I find it funny that he can’t see things practically in front of him, but can see them if they’re miles away. Maybe it’s a husband thing. Mr. AMAI is like that too sometimes.

IT have gotten through quite a few of the carpets when JV&J show up and set to work searching as well.

Back at the Detour, KennyG are just leaving as FloZzz show up. I guess the editors are trying their best to give us an inkling of the timelines. Gerard runs over to snag FloZzz’s cab back to town, and helpfully tells FZ that the task is “a b*tch.” AOM click. So naturally Flo asks for help, poor thing, she can’t help but whine “What should we dooooo?” Kenny just a tad nastily says “What you think I’m gonna tell YOU?” Flo: “Oh come oNNNNN Kenny I’m like 4 hours behiiiind, you raaat.” I guess they’re still friends, cuz she says, “Bye Ken” in a voice surprisingly lacking in whineishness, he says, “See ya later honey” and smiles.

IT find the Fast Forward, and JV&J are kind of screwed. How I would have laughed if JV&J had found the carpet, but Teri was working the right stack. They may bypass all remaining tasks and go straight to the pit stop located on the rooftop of the Riad Catalina, a traditional Moroccan guest-house in Marrakech. After receiving their pit stop info, IT partake of the free tea the carpet store had on offer. Ian commits yet another faux pas, saying ‘L’Chaim’ to the obviously Muslim man. Frankly I don’t know how Ian has remained alive this many years.

While we shall have to wait til next week to find out how many hundreds of years old it is, what would a FishFace sequence be without an AOM click for Ian - this time for his summons of his wife to get in the taxi. “Teri, come.” I’m almost tempted to go back to calling them the Terriers. I’ll settle for another AOM click.

JV&J are back to working on the regular clues. In their cab heading for the Palmerie, we get a glimpse of JV’s tattoos on the underside of his upper left arm - ouch!

We join Zack & Flo already in progress. Somehow they manage to run into a teeny tiny sand dune and stall their bike. She whines-over that the taxing nature of the race causes her to be “not very nice to (Zach), sometimes (Hee!) He’s so laid back and (she’s) like a bat out of hell.” She describes it all as a “really long dirty stressful date.” Maybe they can re-hash the experience on a special episode of “Blind Deaf & Dumb Date.” JV&J are getting on a sand bike to go get their Arabic clue.

Over at the Pit Stop, Ian is barking at Teri to hurry up. So why is she the first one up on the rooftop? AOM click for Ian the Idiot. They are welcomed to Marrakech by some guy dressed up in what must be traditional getting sh*tfaced clothing. He slurs a welcome and Fishfaces cheer for being officially first. For winning this leg, they will thankfully each receive a Kodak EasyShare Digital Camera. I for one would not care to have to share with Ian. Phil may or may not have a gun to his head, cuz it seems as if he is feigning interest when he asks what is making their strategy work. Teri says they fight alot, and say nasty stuff, but when push comes to shove, they “shove together.” Lovely. They’re first. AOM click for that.

FloZzz get their clue, JV&J get theirs, and off they ride. They don’t seem to pass each other, or realize that they’re both there. So are they there at the same time or aren't they? FZ are back at the entrance to the Palmerie and getting their translation. Flo is really quite good with the French, even tho her accent sucks.

The 445 opening time will cause “grouping” says Damon in a cab. All three teams in the Circus Alliance are still enroute to the Glacier Cafe. I guess the editors are just tossing stuff in when and as they can. By my reckoning, these teams should have been at the Cafe ages ago.

AA just now arriving to do all tasks. They have to get to the Mosque. They also plan to snag the FF and win this leg.

Oh, FZ and JV&J are at the Palmerie together. So it wasn’t misdirectional to show them practically together getting the rubbing, but I’m still stumped as to how JV&J caught up. FloZzz must have had even more trouble with the bike than we were shown.

It’s 235 and Team Leech are first at Glacier cafe, followed closely by the Twidiots and the BroMos.

AA catch a break in that they discover the FF is already gone and they don’t waste time working on it. It just means they won’t make themselves any later for elimination. So it’s really Phil who catches the break here. AA are speaking about their hopes that something will cause a bunching of the teams, and indeed we see that that is already in progress, as FZ & JVJ arrive at the Cafe to join the Circus Alliance waiting for the Rooftop Terrace to open. I was thinking that possibly this wouldn’t even be an elimination round.

While AA arrive at the Palmerie and elect to take the sand bikes, 445 has come, and the other 5 teams are clambering up to the Rooftop to get their next clue. It’s The Roadblock and one person from each team has to work together with a local food vendor helping him set up his stall and then personally selling 5 bowls of escargots, a favourite snack for Moroccans, at the market rate of 5 durum.

The five who do it are Jill, Flo, Andre, Derek and Gerard. The task involves helping bring in the cart, setting up the stools, shlepping over the giant pot of snails, putting on a white coat, and selling their asses off. A number of minutes are spent showing progress.

We cut for a moment to get in our last Preview Tidbit, which is Arianne screaming and Aaron giving her sh*t for screaming, as they run into a fence on their bike. Talk about a tidbit of preview that had absolutely no bearing on the outcome.

Back to the Screaming Racers trying to sell. Jill asks her guy how to say something in Arabic (what a little smarty she is!) Andre is saying “Gracias” ! Gerard is making sure the buyers pay “Get the money get the money!” haa. Flo tells her buyers she "loves" them and she shakes her groove thang to prove it! Hee! Derek has difficulty getting anyone to believe he's really selling snails - maybe they think he's a god? or an alien? Andre is first to finish and get the Pit Stop clue. Phil might be losing it, cuz he tells us all about the pit stop all over again like we’re as stupid as some of the teams, which maybe we are for watching this show so avidly. We again see the crowded streets of Marrakech. We also learn that the last team to check in will be eliminated. And Airheads only just having gotten their clue to go to the Glacier Cafe, and it isn’t even translated yet. Awwwwww. hee.

JV&J are next to finish. She tells JV she was talking in Arabic cuz her vendor taught her how. The other three quickly finish and it’s a race across the street to collect the partners and hike over by cab, about 10 minutes away, to the pit stop.I note that Derek & Drew figuring that a cab better than a 10 minute walk is certainly a new tune for them. Remember the early eps when they’d jog for the hell of it?

Meanwhile, Andre & Damon are being taken way out of the way - out of town to some desolate somewhere. I even feel sorry for them. Wonder how they managed to get screwed up? Oh they don’t have a clue where they’re going, and they never got a chance to consult with another team. So what else is new? They’re looking more and more like our next eliminatees.

Airheads are still pointlessly “woo”ing as they complete their tasks - oh geez AOM click. They still think they have a shot, as they cab it into town and head to the Glacier. woo my arse.

KG and FZ are in the pit stop area. Phil is waiting. They’re 2nd and 3rd. Team Leech are way the hell out there - something has gone terribly wrong for them. As they wait for their cab, they’re Officiallly Detained.

Back in town, JV&J and the Twidiots are also finding their cabbies to be less than perfect, but at least they’re close to where they need to be. They run in and are 4th and 5th. Back to Team Leech in a cab, telling us about their ordeal with the official and getting extricated from difficulty by their troupe of security. They are whisked into town and straight to the Pit Stop, where they check in 6th. Airheads are at the Glacier, and nobody is stopping them from doing it, so it’s possible that their arrival and Andre & Damon’s difficulty meant that it was still possible for AA to avoid elimination. Off goes Aaron to do the Roadblock but he only has to sell, cuz the stalls are all set up. Aaron voices over that they went through the whole day hopeful, and concludes that sometimes ignorance is bliss. AOM click. I hate that expression.

FishFace Terriers Team #1 (used FF in ep6)
FloZzz Team #2
KennyG Team #3 (used FF in ep1)
Twidiots Derek & Drew Team #4 (used FF in ep 2)
JohnVito & Jill Team # 5
Ace Leeches Andre & Damon Team #6.

Aaron & Arianne are on their walk to be eliminated, telling us how glad they are to have the other in their lives. And now many of us are grateful that these two will no longer be in our lives. We have more than enough to contend with with the damn FishFace Terriers and the idiot Leeches. Aaron tells Phil they had a great time, didn’t give up and met some great people. They give a last Team Handshake, and I’m thankful to have never seen it before and to never have to see it again. But they go out on a positive note, which is uplifting to their group of fans, I’m sure.

Next time, Flo sets her sights on Andre & Damon (which would seem to suggest that she wants to finish last?) but instead she’s trying to get the ticket seller to NOT let them on the same flight (that looks promising in terms of AOM potential) and the Twidiots have a communication breakdown (one of them yells at the other one), and KennyG have a blowout of their own - a tire blowout that is. And what a terrific mess that tire looks - it completely falls apart like it was made of puff pastry. Sooner or later we must run into some non-elim rounds, and I’m thinking next ep has to be it. Don't take my word for it, tho'.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-02, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Non-Official Recap Ep 6 "Terrier Makes A Lovely Fish""
Another funny one, AMAI. A-O-M was clicking off the meter in this episode, huh? I love the whole sighed, tried, ride poem at the beginning of the summary.LOL

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-20-02, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Non-Official Recap Ep 6 "Terrier Makes A Lovely Fish""

As I'm awaiting the commentary for tonight's show, I read your summary. Loved it, especially the nicknames. Thanks.

vsuri 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-19-02, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vsuri Click to send private message to vsuri Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Non-Official Recap Ep 6 "Terrier Makes A Lovely Fish""
Great Summary. Although I have read only Part 1 till now, even this much is good.

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-19-02, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Non-Official Recap Ep 6 "Terrier Makes A Lovely Fish""
Another great summary. Don't know how you do it, but please keep it up! With all of those meters clicking around you - you must think you live in a clock shop!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •