The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"GAY IDOL JOURNAL - MOTOWN EDITION"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-24-03, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"GAY IDOL JOURNAL - MOTOWN EDITION"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-03 AT 06:38 PM (EST)

In an effort to have my Diva rankings be complete, I have gone back and ranked Motown Week, which I had previously skipped. Now I will be able to post rankings, which will include all the finals weeks and the average scores. For those of you who may have forgotten them, I have included photos of the contestants for that week. For those of you who were trying desperately to wipe them from your memory, my humblest apologies.

Please note, as always, that my opinions are based solely on image, style and originality, not on voice. Some of the biggest selling recording artists of all time couldn't sing for crap. A short list of Stars with marginal vocal talent would include: Cher, Bette Midler, Britney Spears, Enrique Iglesias, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, Kylie Minogue... the list goes on and on. What they had was Star Quality. What I am looking for is a DIVA (male or female) with that quality.

This Week's Diva Rankings

1. Trenyce
Diva of the Week

Yeah, it was severe, I admit. But anyone who would have the balls to wear this, and pull it off, gets points from me. From the black leather hat, to the white bustier/black bra combo, to the oddly gathered, chain-adorned black skirt, this was right on the edge of tacky. Okay, I admit, it was downright tacky. But tacky, in a Cher sort of way, can be a success, too. You go, girl!

2. Vanessa Olivarez

Vanessa's outfit was also admittedly silly and cartoonish. So why did this black and pink floral monstrosity rank her Runner Up Diva of the Week? Something about the way that Vanessa uses kitch... vintage-looking fabrics and dated looks... to assert her uniqueness. Taken as individual pieces, the outfit is indefensible. The black blouse was too tight, the floral skirt unflatteringly mid-length, and the pink-heart-belt and matching bracelet were downright infantile. But all combined - and factoring in her infectious persona - the look worked. (But apparently not well enough, and Vanessa was unceremoniously booted soon after.)

3. Julia DeMato

In a look that was actually flattering to her problematic figure, Julia wins Diva points this week. The tight black tank (with ruffled seams) emphasized her large chest, while the shortish pink cargo skirt de-emphasized her wide hips. Meanwhile, the ribbon adornments and unusual choker added subtle unique touches.

4. Kimberly Caldwell

A bizarre fashion choice that earns more points from this jaded reviewer than you might expect. First of all, a costumey as it seems, at least it is clear that she is going for a certain rocker-chic look, and she is somewhat successful. The low-rise 3/4 cargo pants were both silly and sexy, as was the sheer cropped studded tank. And, sure, the boots, fingerless gloves, and studded military belt were waaaay beyond necessary... but at least you can't say she didn't 'go all out!'

5. Ricky Smith

Ricky's attire this week really bordered on acceptable. The black shirt (with white pinstripes) was actually quite classy, and the white pants, in theory, were a great choice.

The problem with white, though, is it causes the eye to be drawn downward, and in Ricky's case, this isn't a good thing, as his stomach and ass are far from his best attributes. I would have chosen a nice medium grey instead.

6. Carmen Rasmusen

The fact that Carmen's ridiculous getup ranks her sixth is a testament to the suckiness of the rest of the bunch. The little black peasant blouse was dull, but inoffensive, and the silly red culottes were dated and unflattering. Rounding out the look was a inane fabric belt that looked like her mom made it out of extra quilt fabric.

But most offensive of all was the whorish smear of predominantly-red 'makeup' applied inelegantly to her face. (Don't tell the Mormon Church... she may be excommunicated.)

7. Josh Gracin

I guess I can live with the baggy blue jeans, but why is someone with obvious weight issues wearing a white shirt? Please find Josh something in a nice Navy or Charcoal. (The vertical stripes were a good touch, though. As we all should know, vertical is lengthening, which is good for a squatty body like Josh's.)

8. Clay Aiken

Clay's 'look' this week simply didn't do it for me. The untucked white oxford (with unnecessarily-slimming vertical blue stripes) was dull and lifeless, and the baggy black pants did nothing at all for him. But what really puts him down to eighth is the hideous white tennis shoes, which accentuated his massive clown feet. Okay, you're a nerd, Clay. We get it. Move on.

9. Ruben Studdard

When a man is this large, I suppose there aren't very many choices. But this was the best he could do? A silver and black tent-sized football jersey and formless black track pants? And the judges are commenting favorably on his look? I simply don't get it. (And why on God's green Earth is Vanessa told she should lose a few pounds... but not a word to Ruben? Hey, if you're gonna be shallow, at least be even-handedly shallow like me!)

10. Kimberley Locke

While Kimberley received less-than-favorable comments on her performance, I submit that her outfit was the real disaster. Who picked this fire-red polyester two-piece? Could it be... perhaps... Satan? The too-tight pants accentuated her problem hips, the top revealed way too much of her ample bosom, and the flounce of extra fabric hanging down around her ass? What the hell was that all about?

11. Charles Grigsby

Now I'm not one for capitol punishment, except when it is really earned... and in this case, whomever picked out this ill-fitting, mismatched, clownishly ridiculous ensemble should be shot, or shocked, or lethally injected, or whatever they do these days.

The oversized short-sleeved plaid cotton shirt was bad enough on its own... throw in a braided belt, baggy blasted jeans, and a tacky white cap, and it's a fashion felony.

12. Corey Clark

Okay, so it's one of the biggest nights of your life, you've made the finals of American Idol, and what do you choose to wear? A huge, powder blue, sleeveless workout shirt, huge white satin track pants, and white tennis shoes. I, quite honestly, would feel underdressed in this outfit AT THE GYM. Top it off with pimp-huge silver chain jewelry, and a nappy set of cornrows, and you have Corey Clark, this weeks biggest fashion flop.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - MOTOWN EDITI... drawde236 04-25-03 1
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - MOTOWN EDITI... tig_ger 04-25-03 2
 RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - MOTOWN EDITI... Femme 04-26-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-25-03, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drawde236 Click to send private message to drawde236 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - MOTOWN EDITION"
Larry, you've done it! You have correctly identified the mystery stylist for American Idol. It's Satan! Too bad Josh cannot afford to sell his soul to get a decent outfit.

I have to admit, I really look forward to this column each week and the addition of pictures is the icing on the cake.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-25-03, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - MOTOWN EDITION"
While Kimberley received less-than-favorable comments on her performance, I submit that her outfit was the real disaster. Who picked this fire-red polyester two-piece? Could it be... perhaps... Satan?

I submit that this was quite possibly the funniest fashion ticket ever.

Great job as always! So glad you went back to discuss this disaster of a show.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-26-03, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: GAY IDOL JOURNAL - MOTOWN EDITION"
Larry! Thanks for doing this. Could it be... perhaps... Satan? Bwahahahaa! You so rule.

Femme

"We are men of action; lies do not become us."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •