The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top OMG moments"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mustangsally 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-04-01, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mustangsally Click to send private message to mustangsally Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top OMG moments"
1. The final immunity being "fallen comrads" (see my posting from last thursday entitled "ep14 discussion...tina may not win") sorry for blantant self promotion....but its the only thing I accurately predicted correct this season......shameless joy.

2. Victory lap around living room when Colby pulled out the MOST IMPORTANT IMMUNITY

3. Utter disbelief when C kicked out Keith over Tina......handed over 1 million dollars!

4. When Colby and Tina finally revealed THEIR ALLIANCE to the camera.......nice job MB.

5. When Jerri didnt make her "rat-snake" speech. (very dissapointed)

6. When they showed Tina and Colby after 6 months of weight gain!

7. When Tina won.....really didnt believe that would happen...not too dissapointed after realizing the C/T love alliance.

8. When poor little debbywebby cried like an iddybiddywiddle baby while telling america how STRONG she is!

Allz I can say is WOW......... that was pure 100% entertainment.

What a blast this has been.

Love to all you guys......

Tomorrow......i will discover if I really have a life without SURVIVOR.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top OMG moments Outfrontgirl 05-04-01 1
 Let me add to it: SurvivinDawg 05-04-01 2
 RE: Top OMG moments specie 05-04-01 3
   RE: Top OMG moments SurvivinDawg 05-04-01 4
       RE: Top OMG moments Lightmage81 05-04-01 5
       RE: Top OMG moments Thinking 05-04-01 7
   RE: Top OMG moments Syrinx 05-04-01 6
       RE: Top OMG moments LowRent 05-05-01 11
   RE: Top OMG moments sleeeve 05-04-01 10
       RE: Top OMG moments SurvivinDawg 05-07-01 14
 RE: Top OMG moments SherpaDave 05-04-01 8
   RE: Top OMG moments dangerkitty 05-04-01 9
       RE: Top OMG moments GG 05-05-01 13
 RE: Top OMG moments wolf1bh 05-05-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-01, 02:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top OMG moments"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-01 AT 03:04 AM (EST)

yeah, and didya notice how Colby picked up Tina just like when he saw his Mom? O-M-G that answered all the questions.
Good list!
Also this had to be Dave Letterman's best list in ages (top 10 Survivor pick-up lines).

C: Ever done it in the back of a Pontiac Aztec?
O-M-G1 Incest rules! How sick is that?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-01, 06:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Let me add to it:"
You forgot some, allow me to add:
9. When Jerri asked her question about feeling guilty, obviously thinking of the way she (Jerri) was booted, Tina's eyes bored into Jerri and Tina brutally brought up the treatment of Kel and his knapsack. Tina threw that right back in Jerri's face, indicating that she (Tina) had NO respect for Jerri and didn't care if Jerri voted for her (Tina) or not. And Jerri knew it, the "Oops" face she made was priceless. I was shouting to Tina "You GO, Girl!" when she plastered Jerri like that.

9a. Despite Tina's sandblasting of Jerri, Jerri still voted for Tina.

Also:
Debb was right about one thing: the vilification she received at the hands of the vindictive and hypocritical Mainstream Media was not worth anything she might have achieved in the Outback, much less succeeding to make it onto the show. And I'm glad she brought that up and threw it into that FAT @$$hole Bryant Gumbel's FAT face.

Althought it was a little bit overdone having everyone dressed in the same or extremely similar clothes to what they wore at the Final IC, I was very pleased with the ending of the show. After the disappointment of the Temptation Island finale, and what is likely going to be a bust in Boot Camp, it was good to see one of these shows handled right.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

specie 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-04-01, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail specie Click to send private message to specie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top OMG moments"
That part with Deb was a trip. She didn't want to be part of the reunion, and just broke down. I remember reading on this list that she was a unconsolable when she was voted off, too. I'm surprised she passed all the psych. interviews, myself.

Tina was an alternate contestant!! who knew?

Colby had really packed it on. I thought he was much handsomer with his beard and about 30 less lbs. And what a champ (or is it chump?) that he picked Tina to go with him?! He wins the final immunity, then picks loyalty over the bucks. I didn't figure him for that - good kid! I liked Jerri's comment that Tina's biggest strategy was how she managed to get Colby to pick her over Keith.

Too weird to see Tina with eye makeup on. This was so anti-outback -- part of why they should stick with reading the votes at the original final TC, like S1.

I couldn't believe Rodger voted for Colby. What a schmo he turned out to be.

On the flip side, huge kudos to both Alicia and Jerri for voting for Tina. I figured Jerri would vote for her, but not out of respect. I thought it would be because Colby had led her along on their little non-existent alliance. I was very impressed. And let down by the absence of a snake/rat type speech.

I liked hearing about the alliance(s). And how true that but for a simple twist of fate (Michael's foray into the fire), there definitely would have been two Kuchas sitting there. I liked the question, who would those two be? I would pick Rodger and probably Jeff (what a slimely little person, period). What alliances had been going on in Kucha?

Stupidest question: Gumbel asking Eliz and Amber why no bikinis? (Oh yeah, and why didn't Reebok supply them with spike heels, or at least some attractive slingbacks). Give me a break! Esp. when Tina is right there in front of the camera, epitomizing that a woman's value is not all T&A. Guys, take a friggin' hike! Of course, they both had the same disappointing, boring answer: because we had to work in them!

All in all, they should go back to reading the votes in the outback at the time of the final Tribal Council. It would have had a very different impact on them to have done the final TC at the end of 43 days in the outback while they were all still in their little Survivor world, rather than months later after they had come out of that cocoon and been re-acclimated to the real world.

Looking forward to S3, folks. It's been real!

--Specie

05-04-01, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top OMG moments"
Some good points, specie, allow me to wax eloquent on a couple of them:

>I couldn't believe Rodger voted for Colby. What a schmo he
>turned out to be.

Let's not be too harsh here. I'm not surprised that Rodger voted for Colby. Rodger voted the way he played: honestly. Rodger saw more value in Colby winning challenges than in Tina's alliance gameplaying. To me it was a bigger surprise that Alicia voted for Tina. I think that was a leftover emotion against Colby from that big 5-5 vote, as well as the more obvious "Tina against the world and all-odds."

Keith's vote for Tina is no surprise to anyone, I'm sure, but my question is: Exactly where did Colby lose Keith's vote? I suggest it was in the answer to the "which two would you NOT give the money to?" question. Of course both said Jerri. If memory serves, Tina said Rodger, because she knew Rodger already had money. Colby said Keith. Mistake? You make the call.

>I liked hearing about the alliance(s). And how true that
>but for a simple twist of fate (Michael's foray into
>the fire), there definitely would have been two Kuchas sitting
>there. I liked the question, who would those two be?
> I would pick Rodger and probably Jeff (what a
>slimely little person, period). What alliances had been going on in Kucha?

Since you brought it up, let me make a point here, the reason I hit the "reply" button. Not only was the Michael incident and Kucha's situation brought out by Nick in TC, it was brought up in the aftershow, by Jeff (I think). It CLEARLY showed the Kucha loyalty and frustration. I think this is Survivor's biggest problem. The 2-tribe system really hurts the endgame once there is a merger. I really think they should go to 3- or 4- man teams, or mix up the tribes or something.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-04-01, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top OMG moments"
I'm not sure if this is posted somewhere else but I couldn't stop laughing when Kel said sumthin to the effect of

"The most dangerous thing I encountered in the Outback is Jerri"!

Thinking 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-04-01, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thinking Click to send private message to Thinking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top OMG moments"
>Since you brought it up, let
>me make a point here,
>the reason I hit the
>"reply" button. Not only
>was the Michael incident and
>Kucha's situation brought out by
>Nick in TC, it was
>brought up in the aftershow,
>by Jeff (I think).
>It CLEARLY showed the Kucha
>loyalty and frustration. I
>think this is Survivor's biggest
>problem. The 2-tribe system
>really hurts the endgame once
>there is a merger.
>I really think they should
>go to 3- or 4-
>man teams, or mix up
>the tribes or something.

YES. Ages ago--after Kel got the boot, and I was MAD--I posted something to that effect on another board. I think three tribes going into the merge would REALLY negate the tribal bonding thing, since members wouldn't know who was talking to the other tribe behind their backs.

Or, besides what you suggest, what if there were 15 contestants instead of 16, and the first five first booted off either tribe went off to form their own tribe? This third tribe could return and compete in a final big team challenge for the right to be the final five survivors. (And those booting them would have to double-think if they wanted these people to come back and haunt them!). I know that sounds like a weird idea. Just thinking...

Syrinx 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-04-01, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Syrinx Click to send private message to Syrinx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top OMG moments"
Specie, ditto on the good points. A couple thoughts:

>That part with Deb was a
>trip. She didn't want to
>be part of the reunion,
>and just broke down.
>I remember reading on this
>list that she was a
>unconsolable when she was voted
>off, too. I'm surprised
>she passed all the psych.
>interviews, myself.

I'm still a little flabbergasted by some of the comments made last night by Debb and Mitchell. First off, did you two not see S1? Debb, it's obvious that someone of the 16 has to be the first booted. You've got a 1 in 16 chance that it will be you. And if you saw S1, you know that it's not about strength and having good camping skills. This is a game of strategy first and foremost. Your sour grapes act from getting the first boot is way beyond stale.

Mitchell, WTF were you thinking? "Hey, I'm hungry! Maybe the cameraman will give me a candy bar!" Man, your head was so far up your a$$, it's a wonder you weren't booted sooner. Sheesh!

>I liked hearing about the alliance(s).
> And how true that
>but for a simple twist
>of fate (Michael's foray into
>the fire), there definitely would
>have been two Kuchas sitting
>there. I liked the question,
>who would those two be?
> I would pick Rodger
>and probably Jeff (what a
>slimely little person, period). What
>alliances had been going on
>in Kucha?

There was a twist of fate brought about by Mike's accident, but there wouldn't have definitely been a Kucha final 2. Kucha was up 6-5, but there was to be one more immunity challenge before the merger. Mike's accident obviously negated the IC, but Ogakor may have won that pre-merger IC and gone into the merger 5-5. If Kucha had won that IC and merged 6-4, I would say the final 2 would be Mike and Alicia.

LowRent 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-05-01, 03:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LowRent Click to send private message to LowRent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top OMG moments"
>Debb,
>it's obvious that someone of
>the 16 has to be
>the first booted. You've got
>a 1 in 16 chance
>that it will be you.
>And if you saw S1,
>you know that it's not
>about strength and having good
>camping skills. This is a
>game of strategy first and
>foremost. Your sour grapes act
>from getting the first boot
>is way beyond stale.

Syrinx, I think you may have misinterpreted Deb's comments. Deb's bitterness was directed more towards the press, which exposed her personal relationship with her stepson. Sure she was a little bit embarrased for being the first one booted, but what happened after the show was probably far more humiliating for her.

It was obvious that she really didn't want to be there, but she probably felt that her absence would have drawn more attention to her situation (plus, $10G or whatever they were paid for the reunion should have softened the blow). Anyways, It was really sad to see someone's personality and life change so drastically for the worse because of this retarded show.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-04-01, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top OMG moments"
>I couldn't believe Rodger voted for
>Colby. What a schmo he
>turned out to be.

Tina threw away his vote when she said the two people that she would not give the million to were Rodger and Jerri... Rodger was not about to give her the million after that comment...

Also, remember Rodger was voted out because Lizzy needed the money more (Tina talked to him)... in the end, Colby (the young one who had never even had a new car) needed the money more than Tina (from a wealthy family)... Rodger was merely returning the favor.

05-07-01, 10:17 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Top OMG moments"
>Tina threw away his vote when she said the two people that she
>would not give the million to were Rodger and Jerri... Rodger
>was not about to give her the million after that comment...

They showed Rodger's face after Tina said that. He understood what Tina was talking about.

In Rich Hatch's interview with Rodger on etonline, Rich tries to elicit from Rodger about his (Rodger's) wealth. Rich suggested that Rodger was ALREADY a millionaire. Rodger didn't directly answer, he deflected it.

Tina and Rodger talked and I think Rodger told Tina more than was on TV. Tina knew that Rodger probably IS a millionaire already. Or at least Rodger is financially well off. So when she said she would not give Rodger the $1Million, it was NOT because of dislike, it was because she knew he needed it less than others. And Rodger understood. I don't think he voted for Colby because of that remark.

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-01, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top OMG moments"
One more...

Was I the only one who was sure from the curving sweep of Elisabeth's hand in the voting booth that she'd voted for Colby? My wife and I both caught that and both chalked her vote up to Colby. At that point, based on the votes completely shown to us and the votes we were pretty damned sure of, we had the vote 3-3 with Nick being the swing vote. When Tina won 4-3 and it WASN'T Nick that pushed her over the top... that was the biggest OMG moment for me.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-04-01, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top OMG moments"
That's right I saw that too! But I forgot about it til you just mentioned it. I remember being surprised too because I expected her to vote Tina. But i expected Rodger to vote Tina, too. It was a weird moment, because usually if they show it, they show it. Guess they took advantage of her little curve to throw us off - which it did!

OMG for me: Jerri voting Tina, and saying what she did. I do have more respect for her now. Although she pissed me off again in the aftershow, when Kel said his piece, then she acted like it's all his problem and he just can't get over it. She is the one that went on all the talk shows and said "Kel is a liar"! Of course he isn't over it!!

Adding a "still wondering": What about the Amber boot, when Colby voted Rodger? Do we assume now that he DID know about the Amber boot, and voted for Rodger so that he could honestly tell Amber that? Since his vote wasn't needed to assure Amber's boot. Sounds like he and Tina were solid for a while, so he surely must have known.

dangerkitty

"Nevermind" - Kurt Cobain and Emily Litella

GG 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-05-01, 05:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GG Click to send private message to GG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Top OMG moments"
>OMG for me: Jerri voting
>Tina, and saying what she
>did. I do have
>more respect for her now.

I was actually thinking the same thing at the time. Maybe she did vote for Tina as some sort of payback to Colby but I thought the reasoning she gave wasn't without merit. Getting Colby to pick her over Keith - and give yourself a substantially lesser chance of winning - was a helluva of masterstroke by Tina. I'm wondering if the same thing would've happened had the roles been reversed though.....

wolf1bh 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-05-01, 04:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wolf1bh Click to send private message to wolf1bh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top OMG moments"
ahh- thes posts are all on the money-
an interesting albeit bizarre final show. my number one problem is with bryant gumble?- does anyone like this guy? his voice is nasaly and whiny, his questions are so/so and his fake laugh and smarmy personality is just sooo...yeccchhhhh- who would be a better reunion host - probst would be ok with me- maybe someone else from a news show -
the deb thing was kind of awkward and sad - im usually a bit of a cynical jerk but i felt bad for her - hopefully she'll get it together

top 4 well be seeing more of again soon- colby, tina, jerri, keith

and boo hiss to liz liz and rodger for not going on howard stern - lighten up a lil

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •