The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

moliemolie 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-09-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moliemolie Click to send private message to moliemolie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
How 'bout you read the live feeds and then tell us again about this unspoken alliance? What are you basing this assumption on? The fact that Dani and Marci are both black? Sorry to disappoint you but black people usually aren't that shallow. I think you should educate yourself before you make such ridiculous comments.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? SurvivinDawg 09-09-02 1
   RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? moliemolie 09-09-02 2
       RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? SurvivinDawg 09-09-02 3
           RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? Ahtumbreez 09-10-02 18
       RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? lizard 09-09-02 4
           RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? moliemolie 09-09-02 5
               RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? lizard 09-09-02 6
                   RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? moliemolie 09-09-02 7
 RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? Cin 09-09-02 8
   RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? lizard 09-09-02 9
   RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? moliemolie 09-09-02 10
       RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? drich61 09-09-02 11
           RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? moliemolie 09-09-02 12
               RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? drich61 09-09-02 13
               RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? lizard 09-09-02 14
                   RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? moliemolie 09-09-02 15
                       RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? drich61 09-09-02 16
                           RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? moliemolie 09-09-02 17
 RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? nailbone 09-10-02 19
   RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE? moliemolie 09-11-02 20
 Lock this thread! Q 09-11-02 21
   RE: Lock this thread! Drive My Car 09-11-02 22
       Why Lock it Now? moliemolie 09-11-02 23
           RE: Why Lock it Now? SurvivorBlows 09-11-02 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-09-02, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
I for one, AM educated on it, and the only thing that is incorrect is the word "UNSPOKEN". Danielle made a deal with MARCELLAS the way she made a deal with everyone else that she could. It wasn't "unspoken", by any means, and a lot of it DID have to do with the fact that both are black.

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -- Thomas Paine

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

09-09-02, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moliemolie Click to send private message to moliemolie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
>I for one, AM educated on
>it, and the only thing
>that is incorrect is the
>word "UNSPOKEN". Danielle made
>a deal with MARCELLAS the
>way she made a deal
>with everyone else that she
>could. It wasn't "unspoken",
>by any means, and a
>lot of it DID have
>to do with the fact
>that both are black.

You are delusional! So what is her alliance with the other HG's based upon? Marci and Dani only put up with each other because they don't have a choice. If they wanted to bad together because the are BLACK they would have done that in the beginning. What was the Josh, Chiara, Eric, Lisa and Roddy alliance based upon? The fact that they are all white, right? Yes. So now you want to justify their idiotic shallow behavior by saying that the black people did the same thing when they did not. Since this is reality TV, how bout you face reality and see that unfortunately for blacks, they don't always band together when they should but for the most part white people stick together no matter what. Why else would Roddy be rooting for Lisa and Jason. He is angry because he was outsmarted by black people. It actually happens all the time but thanks to CBS, the rest of the world gets to see it also. Dang it feels good!!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-02, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
Whatever Danielle's agreements with others was based upon (and it really doesn't matter), the Feeds clearly showed Marcellas and Danielle making an agreement, and them discussing that they wanted a black person to win it.

P.S. Just because you make this assertion ("was the Josh, Chiara, Eric, Lisa and Roddy alliance based upon? The fact that they are all white, right? Yes. So now you want to justify their idiotic shallow behavior by saying that the black people did the same thing when they did not. ") and try to put these words in my mouth neither makes it my opinion nor makes me "delusional", thankyesoverymuch.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-02, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
>thankyesoverymuch

lol, Dawg, I know it's too early to be reading posts when I had to re-read that 3 times. I kept getting -thank yes overy much-.

lizard 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-09-02, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizard Click to send private message to lizard Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-02 AT 01:37 PM (EST)

Edited because my initial reply posted at the same time as Dawg's

Whoa there, moliemolie! How did this become you against the world?

It was Marci who raised the race/color/black (what's the PC word?) issue. It was on live feeds BTW, even made it to one of the aired Eps. Dani was proposing an alliance - I believe they were in the HRD - and Marci agreed and said something like "wouldn't it kill them to have an all black final two?", which is all good.

However, how are you as a Danifan going to feel about the black unity thing when she screws him over?

09-09-02, 01:43 PM (EST)
5. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
"However, how are you as a Danifan going to feel about the black unity thing when she screws him over?"

Four things:
1. Marci tried to play the race thing once he realized he was screwed because Dani is a good player. Dani was never interested in race and that is why she is dedicated to Jason.

2. There is no true alliance between Marci and Dani.

3. You know there is no true alliance based upon your own comments. (see above)

4. I don't agree with the black unity thing as I don't agree with the white unity thing. However, white people do it all the time so don't get pissed when you see the white HG's are getting beat at their own game.

09-09-02, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizard Click to send private message to lizard Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
>"However, how are you as a
>Danifan going to feel about
>the black unity thing when
>she screws him over?"
>
>Four things:
>1. Marci tried to play
>the race thing once he
>realized he was screwed because
>Dani is a good player.
> Dani was never interested
>in race and that is
>why she is dedicated to
>Jason.

No, he played the race thing when Dani approached him with a potential alliance. They were all still worried about the couples at that time.

>2. There is no true
>alliance between Marci and Dani.

So Dani proposed an alliance which isn't true. And you're asking on a different board for examples of where she lied. Hmmm.

>3. You know there is
>no true alliance based upon
>your own comments. (see
>above)

See above

>4. I don't agree with
>the black unity thing as
>I don't agree with the
>white unity thing. However,
>white people do it all
>the time so don't get
>pissed when you see the
>white HG's are getting beat
>at their own game.

This I have an issue with. Why do you feel obliged to generalize about what "white people" do, and the "white HG's" having a "game". I'm not pissed - I'm offended.

09-09-02, 02:07 PM (EST)
7. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
"No, he played the race thing when Dani approached him with a potential alliance. They were all still worried about the couples at that time."

Once again you answered your own question. Marci tried the race thing and obviously Dani hasn't fallen for it. At least one of them has some sense.

"So Dani proposed an alliance which isn't true. And you're asking on a different board for examples of where she lied. Hmmm."

It's called playing the game sweetie. If she were as racially motivated as you are saying she is, there would be a true alliance and her allegiance would be to Marcellas no matter what. That is not the case. She doesn't care that Marci is black, she cares that Jason is a good person.

"This I have an issue with. Why do you feel obliged to generalize about what "white people" do, and the "white HG's" having a "game". I'm not pissed - I'm offended."

Get you head out of your A@#! You started this so don't get offended now. The fact of the matter is that you and other people on this message board have boldly stated that Marci and Dani are in an "unspoken alliance" because they are black. And yet you have admitted that they don't have an alliance. So now we are back to square one. The fact of the matter is that the black people have not made it this far in the game because they have an unspoken alliance, they have made it this far because they have out-smarted all the other HG's up until this point. How bout you stop using the race card to explain their success. It's not going to work. I didn't bring up the race issue, you did. Now it is my duty to make all of you feel dumb for talking about something that is totally irrevalent. Now we see who uses the race card when it is to their benefit and in this instance, it's not black people.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-09-02, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
WOW lots of anger here! Let's remember to be nice guys!

I agree with Dawg, in that I DO remember Dani making a deal with Marcellas (she's made deals with lots of people, that is why she never wanted HOH, so she didn't have to renig) And I do recall one of them saying it would be great if a black person won. But when that was said I didnt' see it as a "black alliance".

Just my thoughts, I'm not liking Dani too much right now cause I think she's acting badly (but, hey it's a game and I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to win)

sorry for the ramble.

Cin

09-09-02, 02:27 PM (EST)
9. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
Thanks Cin!
Couldn't quite figure out how to exit elegantly.

09-09-02, 02:31 PM (EST)
10. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
Thanks Cin. At least someone that thinks rationally. The fact of the matter is that the best player will win this game and hopefully the color of that persons skin will not be the deciding factor.

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-09-02, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
>The fact of the matter is
>that the best player will
>win this game and hopefully
>the color of that persons
>skin will not be the
>deciding factor.

So now should Jason or Lisa beat Dani in the final vote it will be because the white HG jury stuck together against the black HG's. It certainly would never be because Dani used every opportunity where she went into the DR to badmouth every single person that will be casting a vote that would be the reason they wouldn't vote for her. And of course Jason and Lisa are also devils just like Roddy for using those opportunities to try and sweet talk the jury members.

09-09-02, 03:02 PM (EST)
12. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
"So now should Jason or Lisa beat Dani in the final vote it will be because the white HG jury stuck together against the black HG's."

Let's hope not. Like I said before, just in case you were having a hooked on phonics moment earlier, it basically said, 'the winner of this game will be the person who plays the game the best and not the person who has the most acceptable skin color.' That means that Dani will prolly lose because of her dumb comments in the DR and that Jason or Lisa will prolly win because of the nice things they said in the DR. That means they played the game the best.

Nice try but you're not reeling me into another heated discussion about and issue that shouldn't have been raised in the first place.

09-09-02, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
Good then we agree, Dani played a good game to stay in the house, but played very poorly to be able to win in the end. She played as if she forgot whom was going to be voting for the winner.

09-09-02, 03:15 PM (EST)
14. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
*Offers hand in peace to moliemolie*

Agree 100% (almost - see below) with your last post. May the best player win; and the issue should not have been raised.

BTW I'm not sure Dani beats Jason in the final 2 even if she'd been smarter in her DR comments. He's just been too good to be true - the exact opposite of Dr Evil from last year, which I guess is maybe exactly what SeeBS wants.

09-09-02, 04:16 PM (EST)
15. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
"BTW I'm not sure Dani beats Jason in the final 2 even if she'd been smarter in her DR comments."

Like I said whomever plays the better game wins. Jason's game has been solid all the way around. However, if we believe that Jason is a good person, we shouldn't believe that Dani is a evil as everyone thinks she is. I think Jason is a better judge of character than we give him credit. I honestly and truly believe that Dani will be happy as long as she is one of the final two. I think she would do anything for Jason. However, the game isn't over yet. If Dani stabs Jason in the back, she is mud in my book.

You know, what's funny is that Jason could be the biggest player and in BB history but is pretending to be a virgin to win the money. If that is true, he still deserves to win because he played the game better than everyone else.

09-09-02, 04:33 PM (EST)
16. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
>but is pretending to be
>a virgin to win the
>money.

That could be, but I believe that it is true. There are far older virgin than him in this world, not everyone is like Chiwhora.

09-09-02, 04:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
"not everyone is like Chiwhora."

No doubt. Good thing I was just kidding though. I happen to believe that Jason is a virgin. I hope he hasn't been corrupted by the likes of Potty and Chiwhora.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-02, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-02 AT 10:55 PM (EST)

Here's something to base that assumption on. Maybe you shopuld go read the live feeds again. This is from the Reality TV Fans live feed summary:

"Dani thinks if she and Marcellas are the final two it would be a great cover story for Ebony magazine." She also told him not to worry about "Bible Boy".

Sounds like a "black alliance" to me. They didn't say Newsweek or People, they said Ebony.

09-11-02, 10:36 AM (EST)
20. "RE: What UNSPOKEN ALLIANCE?"
"Sounds like a "black alliance" to me. They didn't say Newsweek or People, they said Ebony."

And your point is what? If Jason and Lisa are the last two, they will be on the cover of Newsweek. I'm sure Newsweek wouldn't care that two black people won a Big Brother competition, that is why Ebony magazine exists. Furthermore, you are diluted if you think Dani cares anything about Marci. Just because you can't comprehend that someone could care about someone of another race over someone of their own race doesn't mean it can't happen, it just means it's never happened in your case. And the bottom line is, even if Dani and Marci do have an alliance SO WHAT? Everyone else in that house identifies with someone who looks and thinks like they do so why is it that the black people are looked down upon when they do the same thing? I think you have issues that have nothing to do with BB and you need to work those out before you seriously offend someone. Your way of thinking is way off base and I wonder why you would even be concerned with why Dani and Marci chose to ally themselves together. The fact of the matter is that black people rarely do stick together because of the color of their skin and that is why they have to discuss it. With white people it is 'understood' that they have each others back based upon the color of their skin so there is no need to discuss the way it has always been. That is realitiy. Furthermore, Dani will tell Marci whatever he wants to hear to keep herself safe and that is what she has done the entire show. Why take her seriously now? Oh yeah, because she's talking to another black person and that must mean they have some grand scheme planned out, right? Wrong. They are playing the game and if two black people end up winning it is because they played the game the best. It sounds to me like you would rather have Chiara and Josh win just because they are white than to have two black people who played the game well win. That is sad.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-11-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Lock this thread!"
Enough is enough of this discussion. I suggest locking this thread as it is out of place here.

Later,

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-02, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Lock this thread!"
I agree, it has gone way past being a polite discussion.

09-11-02, 01:31 PM (EST)
23. "Why Lock it Now?"
The thread that should have been locked is the one entitled, "Unspoken Alliance". That is the topic that started this nonsense in the first place. I, for one, was highly offended at someone's suggestion that Dani and Marci are racist if they decide to join each other as allies. The word shallow might be in order as racist people don't make friends with people of another race, period. (I can think of several people in the house who fit quite nicely into that category.) Why is it that everyone who said Dani will say whatever she has to say to get what she wants suddenly willing to believe that she will side with Marci just because he is black? That is the dumbest thing ever posted on this site besides someone's comment that the two of them are beginning to 'act black'. I think all of you should keep in mind that caucasians are not the only ones who chat on this line. People can be overly sensitive at times but this isn't a case of being overly sensitive. This is a case of feeling attacked because unlike 95% of the other people on this thread, I don't dislike the black people in the house. Just as everyone became highly offended on the thread that discussed Roddy and Jason's sexuality, I think people should be just as offended by the ignorant/racist remarks made in this thread. Sensitivity should not only be extended to people in same sex relationships but also to people whose 'handicap' is far more obvious when that 'handicap' is the color of their skin. (The word 'handicap' is used to shed insight upon the well adjusted into the minds of the maladjusted who think that people who don't look and act like them are inferior to them.)

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-02, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Why Lock it Now?"
mollie, drop the attitude, with comments like I've seen above, you are dangerously close to violating our Zero Tolerance Policy and being banned.

Look, you like Danielle -- we get that. But some people have problems with the way she is "playing the game" (you call it playing the game, others call it lying.) I was watching the live feeds when it occurred several weeks ago, and the fact is that Marc and Danielle DID form an alliance, (at least in Marc's eyes) and they DID specially talk about how incredible it would be to have an all-black Final Two.

The talk of an "unspoken alliance" is not based upon them being black -- it is based on the fact that THEY DID form an alliance (granted, with Danielle that might not mean much, but they did speak those words) and the fact that the alliance has not been spoken of much.

I think you should educate yourself to the events of the show before you make such ridiculous postings -- if you want to talk about ridiculous racial sterotypes, look at some of the comments in your own postings (all blacks have "strong character," blacks are more "strong minded than whites," whites are great at "mind games and manipulation") Whatever racial issues you might have to work out, this forum isn't the place for them.

-SB

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •