The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Protonesis- Is this Company Bogus?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-14-00, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Protonesis- Is this Company Bogus?"
I am starting to think this whole company is a work of fiction. I got the feeling from watching the interview one of it's "Founders" did on one of the morning shows. (I forget which one it was) He showed a clip of Dirk and said their "techology" basicly told them Dirk was thinking "Rudy is the winner, Rudy is the winner". Is it me or does that just sound a little too scifi?

I am afraid this is another MB plant. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out after Rudy is voted out that this company does not exist at all. Check out the website.. I couldn't find any business address for them at all. Just a couple of email address and a phone number.

I hope I am wrong because I REALLY want Rudy to win BUT.. I am starting to think this whole thing is bogus.

Mary

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I've had the same feeling Stjarna 08-14-00 1
   great work! flying squirrel 08-14-00 2
   RE: I've had the same feeling Rudyrox 08-14-00 3
       GervaseX AyatollahKhomeini 08-14-00 4
 RE: Protonesis- Is this Company Bog... lswote 08-14-00 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Stjarna 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-14-00, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stjarna Click to send private message to Stjarna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I've had the same feeling "
Mary,

You might have something there...

At first, I also was inclined to believe this story, but lately, the more I think about it, the more it seems bogus! Seriously, what firm will stake ALL their reputation on such an unscientific and highly speculative matter as a TV game show winner?!

So, prompted by your thread, I decided to do some serious research on this company... And guess what - it seems that there is NO information to be found about them ANYWHERE! Now, I'm far from being a believer into any conspirasy theories, and it might turn out to be a legitimate - albeit very small! - business, but it would also be hilarious if it turns out that all this was but a publicity stunt by MB & Co.

Here are the results of my research:

1. Upon doing searches on the major search engines, 0 results turn up for "protonesis", so
2. I go to http://www.protonesis.com - the website does indeed exist!
3. Under section "Press Releases" there's only ONE to be found - of course, the one pertaining to their Survivor prediction!
4. Under "Contact", there's no address (!), but they have an e-mail address and a phone number with a "504" area code (Louisiana). I called the number (call me crazy!), and there's only an answering machine with a man's voice saying something very standard, like "Sorry you've missed me, please leave your message and I'll call you back, etc.."
5. Then, I did a couple searches on businesses:
- www.companiesonline.com (info on public and private companies). Result: 0
- www.switchboard.com (business listings search) for Louisiana. Result: take a guess!
6. OK, I give up!!!

Now, if someone has a more ingenious way to find more info on these guys (and more time on their hands! ), please post it in this thread. But from what I've been able to find (or rather, NOT find) today, the whole company seems a bit shady, to say the least...

Stjarna

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-14-00, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "great work!"
thanks for all the hard work. supports the theory that Rudy is the "red herring winner." bet Mark Burnett has been laughing himself silly at our expense so far!

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-14-00, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I've had the same feeling "
I also called information and gave them the number. There was no listing at all.. name or address for this number. The woman at information told me if it were a business it should be listed as such.
hmmmmmm.. me thinks we have been had yet again.

Mary

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-14-00, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "GervaseX"
If this is another MB fake, it gives credence to his claim that he planned GervaseX. Unfortunately, I don't know if it helps us determine whether Rudy makes the final four ... just that he doesn't win.

lswote 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-14-00, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lswote Click to send private message to lswote Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Protonesis- Is this Company Bogus?"
What follows is the whois lookup for Protonesis. The information indicates the company has had their site since January 2000.

Registrant:
Protonesis Incorporated (PROTONESIS-DOM)
   506 Lakemeont Dr
   Dalton, GA 30720
   US

Domain Name: PROTONESIS.COM

Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
      Murphy, Wes (CC9955) admin@PROTONESIS.COM
      Protonesis Admin
      303 W. Walnut Avenue n/a
      Dalton, GA 30720
      (706) 2785152 (FAX) (706) 2792339
 Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Admin, DNS (AD1796-ORG) admin@DNS-SOLUTIONS.NET
      DNS Solutions
      393 Sharron Lane
      Midway, UT 84049
      USA
      435-654-0810
      Fax- 435-654-5975

Record last updated on 09-Feb-2000.
   Record expires on 18-Jan-2002.
   Record created on 18-Jan-2000.
   Database last updated on 13-Aug-2000 22:03:36 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.DNS-SOLUTIONS.NET 209.66.124.10
   NS2.DNS-SOLUTIONS.NET 209.66.124.11

-- Rat -- The other white meat --

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •