The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"FINAL IC Preparation Pics"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-03-01, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"FINAL IC Preparation Pics"
Here are some pics that seem to be in preparation for the final IC. Aboriginal writing and painting of logs...what's the IC going to be?

Lizz Just Is

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: FINAL IC Preparation Pics bondt007 05-03-01 1
   RE: FINAL IC Preparation Pics LIZZLOVER 05-03-01 2
       RE: FINAL IC Preparation Pics Loree 05-03-01 3
       RE: FINAL IC Preparation Pics Outfrontgirl 05-03-01 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-03-01, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: FINAL IC Preparation Pics"
Quick question... is that a camara man in the last vid cap as well? Or who? There seems to be about 6 people there...

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-03-01, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: FINAL IC Preparation Pics"
Yes, the camera crew is there. It could be the MB sitting back behind them as well. I don't know what's going to happen, but they had this same little sequence shown on our local news this morning.

Lizz Just Is

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-01, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: FINAL IC Preparation Pics"
On THE EARLY SHOW Bryant made a point of saying he is now in the select group that knows who the winner is. Was he snooping in that lockbox? Jane said that Les Moonves knows who the winner is too. How can MB say he doesn't know? MB did say that he had a one on one interview with all the jury and was assured that none of them have told who they voted for. The jury members have said they want to be surprised too.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-01, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: FINAL IC Preparation Pics"
I think they're constructing an Immunity Idol/totem and maybe some other pieces to go with it.

I described this preview after I saw it last night on a thread I started, "New Finale Preview from West Coast" (or something like that) but here's part of the text from my post.

Camp shots:
K/T/C seated on crates in front of shelter, each working on painting wooden objects with artist's brushes. There's white, lime green and gray paint so far, and black hieroglyphics in process. Tina's piece is long, looks like 2 parts assembled, and has a phallic shape at end.

She and Colby are seated close to each other, while Keith is a couple feet away working on a log piece maybe a hand's width in diameter.
A fish-shaped piece lies at Keith's feet, and some other small bases or connectors are in view as well.

We get close-ups of their fine brush technique. No sound.
Colby still has his beard, so it doesn't look like the cliff-repelling shot will pan out.

Cut to long view of group beside the lean-to, in later phase of the project, because the fish piece has been mounted on a long pole. There are at least 3 others in the shot now (hard to make out). Tina's put on a shirt and is kneeling. Colby's standing and looks to be laughing; Keith's sitting.

I don't see Probst, but he could be the one mostly obscured by a young-looking guy with strong calves who's hoisting the fish piece assembly and bouncing it slightly as if testing it.

On a log in right foreground, someone with shoulder length hair under large hat (looks female) watches the scene dressed in flowing white shirt/pants and boots.

It's odd seeing crew members in the shot! It really destroys the sense of their isolation, and it makes it look like a set with a crew, so there must be a good reason for including them that's worth breaking the illusion.

Cuts back and forth between group shot and headshot of Colby in bandana, focusing downward on task, as newscaster (in San Francisco) says that C/K/T will "square off one final time" and "here's a hint about tomorrow night's challenge":

Cut to Mark Burnett voiceover:

"It's NOT physical. Therefore, Colby's previous advantage--in all the physical challenges--just disappears."

(Quote verbatim, emphasis MB's.)

At "previous," cuts from Colby shot to Mark Burnett indoors, seated, nodding emphatically several times as he pronounces the TRUTH.

My Analysis:
Whatever they're going to do with this thing they're making, it doesn't meet Burnett's definition of physicality. If it's endurance, that's still something where physical strength's a factore. Burnett clearly wants us to feel this IC's a level playing field.

For what it's worth, misdirection or hint, they chose a shot where Keith's position is on the outside, just slightly isolated as he works on his log, whereas Tina and Colby are seated face-to-face and almost knee-to-knee, so one can hardly tell that they're each holding separate pieces. They look like a team.
Keith looks like he's playing the artiste and in his own world.
This might symbolize the alliance structure for the Final 3.

I wrote more on the other thread. Hope this helps with vidcap interpretation.

I only saw last half hour of Early Show, the part with Gumbel interviewing Burnett. Was there a preview or anything else of interest?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •