The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Battle Of The Network Reality Stars Summary Schedule Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-13-05, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Battle Of The Network Reality Stars Summary Schedule Thread"
Hopefully I'm not stepping on BluePeep toes with this, but it premieres Wednesday and there was a lot of interest in this on the summer sign-up thread.

First, a quick reminder: this is thirty-two of our 'favorites' -- the quotes were just begging to be used -- divided into four teams, competing against each other in quasi-sporting events for Who Knows? Camera time, probably.

As of the summer thread, the interested parties were:

LibraRising
volsfan
AMAI
ScubaSteve
ginger
Estee (who is still trapped in the Surreal Estate and, while being able to do this too, does not want to get stuck with the whole series)

There's six episodes, so this could work out really well...

Available dates, all first broadcasts Wednesday nights on Bravo:

August 17th (premiere)
August 24th
August 31st
September 7th
September 14th
September 21st

So. Who wants what?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Battle Of The Network Reality S... LibraRising 08-13-05 1
   The terror of the premiere. Estee 08-13-05 2
 RE: Battle Of The Network Reality S... volsfan 08-13-05 3
 Tentative schedule: first three ep... Estee 08-15-05 4
   RE: Tentative schedule: first thre... volsfan 08-15-05 5
       RE: Tentative schedule: first thre... Estee 08-15-05 6
           RE: Tentative schedule: first thre... ginger 08-15-05 7
   RE: Tentative schedule: first thre... SurvivorBlows 08-15-05 8
   RE: Tentative schedule: first thre... AMAI 08-15-05 11
   RE: Tentative schedule: first thre... Scuba Steve 08-15-05 12
 RE: Battle Of The Network Reality S... LibraRising 08-15-05 9
   RE: Battle Of The Network Reality S... Estee 08-15-05 10
   RE: Battle Of The Network Reality S... LadyT 08-16-05 13
   RE: Battle Of The Network Reality S... SurvivorBlows 08-16-05 14
       RE: Battle Of The Network Reality S... AMAI 08-22-05 15
 Schedule update. Estee 08-26-05 16
   RE: Schedule update. Fishercat 08-26-05 17
       RE: Schedule update. Estee 09-07-05 19
           RE: Schedule update. Fishercat 09-07-05 20
               RE: Schedule update. Estee 09-07-05 21
                   RE: Schedule update. Fishercat 09-07-05 22
                       RE: Schedule update. Estee 09-07-05 24
                           RE: Schedule update. Fishercat 09-07-05 25
 Ep 5 and 6 still open SurvivorBlows 09-07-05 18
   RE: Ep 5 and 6 still open Estee 09-07-05 23
       RE: Ep 5 and 6 still open SurvivorBlows 09-21-05 27
 We need someone for tomorrow *bump* Estee 09-13-05 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-13-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Battle Of The Network Reality Stars Summary Schedule Thread"
The two dates I cannot do are Aug. 24 and Sept. 21. I can do any of the others (I'll do the premiere if no one steps up quickly). Any of the other dates are fine, so I'll wait to see what everyone else is able to do before I pick one.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

08-13-05, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "The terror of the premiere."
I hate to bring this up 'cause it means an increased chance of my getting stuck with it, but whoever takes the first episode may wind up having to introduce everybody. Thirty-two quick contestant bios. Plus three commentators. And there's probably an official timekeeper they haven't told us about yet.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Battle Of The Network Reality Stars Summary Schedule Thread"
I have Big Bother summaries on 8/18,20 and 22nd. The premiere is prolly not a good idea for me. I could do any of the others.

08-15-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
4. "Tentative schedule: first three episodes."
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-05 AT 02:15 PM (EST)

Okay, since we're running low on time... How about Libra takes the first episode 'cause he asked for it and I'm sadistically looking forward to seeing how he manages to introduce everybody? I'll do the second since Vols will need some BB recovery time, and then Vols gets the third. We'll settle 4-6 later, keeping in mind that Fishercat is now primary backup if any of the original interested parties don't check in.

So that's:

August 17th: LibraRising
August 24th: Estee
August 31st: Volsfan
September 7th: TBD
September 14th: TBD
September 21st: TBD

Workable?

ETA: If you need to, yell for help. Very few people are going to be familiar with all thirty-five DAWs, but there's someone on the board who will know the one you're not familiar with. Plus it should be pretty easy to research their backgrounds on the right board. Ask Ginger about Trishelle. Go ahead, ask her. She won't mind.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tentative schedule: first three episodes."
Yes workable but in the paragraph you have me as the third week (which works well for me) however in the calendar you have 8/24. Wouldn't that be 8/31?

08-15-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Tentative schedule: first three episodes."
Yep: my typo. Fixed.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-05, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tentative schedule: first three episodes."
It's unlikely I will be able to catch the first three episodes, so I think I better bow out of summary contention.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tentative schedule: first three episodes."
Hi Estee, thanks for stepping up and tackling this, assuming the first three dates work for everyone I'll followup with the other previously interested folks and schedule the second half of the schedule, thanks.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-15-05, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Tentative schedule: first three episodes."
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-05 AT 05:54 PM (EST)

I'm recapping INXS on another board. What time does this air?

And do we really have to do research? Maybe I'll just bow out of this one.

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-15-05, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Tentative schedule: first three episodes."
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-05 AT 09:36 AM (EST)

On second thought, I'm gonna have to bow out. Too much stuff going on for me to write a summary.

I'm embracing my somewhat-gayness.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-15-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Battle Of The Network Reality Stars Summary Schedule Thread"
OK. I'll admit it. I'm gonna need help. A lot of these names mean absolutely nothing to me. I've never seen an episode of The Apprentice, that model show and some of the minor shows from which they've mined these contestants. And my viewing of RW/RR stuff is sporadic. Fishercat's wonderful list on the other thread helps, but if anyone wants to send me a sentence or two telling me a little about what makes them so terrible. I know they're terrible. They're all terrible.

Your reward? A shout-out in the summary and my undying thanks.

Who the hell are:
Bradford Cohen
Brian Worth
Brittany Brower
Chris Russo
Matt Kennedy Gould
Mike Malin
Rachel Love Fraiser
Tina Panas
Trishelle Cannatella
Valeria Penso
Wendy Pepper

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

08-15-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Battle Of The Network Reality Stars Summary Schedule Thread"
Dude, you are so cross-posted.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 07:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Battle Of The Network Reality Stars Summary Schedule Thread"
Mike Malin is also knownas Mike Boogie. He was on BB2 and part of Chilltown. Evicted pretty early, but entertaining. He owns a few hot spots in Hollywood.

Trishelle may be the biggest ho to ever comeout of Real World history. SHe was part of the Las Vegas crowd and had a threesome her first night there. I think she was LV.

Other than that, thats all I know. Try googling their names.

TishyTime

08-16-05, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Battle Of The Network Reality Stars Summary Schedule Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-05 AT 09:51 AM (EST)

Libra, there are links to more info about many of the contestants in the two cast announcement stories I've posted:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=3664

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=3572

Clicking the VIEW NEWS STORIES link on their bio pages might also come in handy. For example

As far as myself personally, except for American Idol, I think I watched at least an episode of two of all the contestants' original shows (although with Road Rules, The Swan, Project Runway, and Showbiz, it wasn't much more than an episode or two.)

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-22-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Battle Of The Network Reality Stars Summary Schedule Thread"
Hi Webby,
I got your email.
Although I'm familiar with over 90% of these 'tards, I just don't know how I'm going to find time out of my busy Marty-drooling schedule to watch this show. If you find you're desperate for recappers, let me know and I'll record Rock Star: INXS in order to be able to help out with this show.

08-26-05, 08:19 PM (EST)
16. "Schedule update."
With Ginger, Amai, and ScubaSteve having dropped out, September 7th goes to Fishercat. The last two episodes are still up for grabs, which translates to 'destined to go unsummarized'.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-26-05, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Schedule update."
Sounds good.

I have to think, at least one team will be eliminated by then, so it's quite feasible I will be without The Bradford, Jonathan, Coral, or the completely unremarkable green team. So I'm happy.

09-07-05, 06:23 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Schedule update."
The bad news: according to a tiny blurb I read in the Daily News this morning, the producers may be bringing a whole new team in, just so they can stage another elimination challenge. Looks like Vols is the only one to completely escape the introduction paragraphs. Lucky (censored).

09-07-05, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Schedule update."
Good news: The Daily News (well, at least the NY) isn't exactly the most reliable newspaper ever.

Bad news: I don't doubt it! I better not have to learn about 8 more people. I mean, I do feel bad for Libra who had 35, but he had warning! Sure, you and Vols had to deal with swapping teams and moving members. But me? Unwarned with 8 new people? PLEASE SAY IT ISN'T TRUE!!!

09-07-05, 07:22 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Schedule update."
Um... I did just warn you...

Is there still time to get to Bravo's website? Maybe they have some details on the newbies.

09-07-05, 08:19 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Schedule update."
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-05 AT 08:22 PM (EST)

Not enough warning I should say. I got it confirmed too, crap.

Time to head off to Bravo and hope they have something.

ETA: Nope.

09-07-05, 08:45 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Schedule update."
Maybe you'll get lucky and land Kevin & Drew!

Or maybe you'll get really lucky and land Colin & Christie...

09-07-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Schedule update."
Or I'll be extremely lucky and land...no one.

09-07-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
18. "Ep 5 and 6 still open"
Bump... thanks to Libra, Estee, vols, and Fisher for handling the first four episodes. Hard to believe these challenges were once actually considered cool

09-07-05, 08:44 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Ep 5 and 6 still open"
It's even harder to believe anyone's watching. Webby, do you happen to know what the ratings are for this thing?

09-21-05, 11:53 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Ep 5 and 6 still open"
Sorry, missed this question until now. Considering it doesn't take much to be a hit on Bravo (a network where drawing anything approaching one million viewers to a show is a reason to consider the program a huge hit) I think it's safe to say they've been bad (as, given the quality of the show, they should be) -- as far as I know, the network hasn't even attempted to put out a press release that attempts to spin any of the numbers.

My guess would be that they've been Sitcom Comedy-like bad -- a few hundred thousand viewers, tops.

This week's "All-Star" Reality Reunion is also from the same production company (which although it's a production company, is really just a division of an established Hollywood talent agency that I presume represents many of these "reality stars") so unless Kathy Griffin can save it, that will probably also be pretty awful.

09-13-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
26. "We need someone for tomorrow *bump*"
Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

Dweezil?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •