The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Believers of Dark River's Finale: Come out of the Closet..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-03-01, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Believers of Dark River's Finale: Come out of the Closet..."
I've been gone for a few weeks and have been trying to get caught up. I read the recent posts on our board, reviewed the voting thread, and made what seemed like a logical vote.

After a reply on Idiotcowboy's "Jury Analysis Thread", Befuzzeled made me aware of the "insider information" on the SS board in the "DarkRiver's Finale" thread. (link in "Jury Analysis Thread"). Now I question my vote.

The thread makes a compelling arguement to consider a Keith boot and a Colby/Tina final 2. But not because of logic, rather because of the "insider's" sucessful track record and admission to using "non-public" information.(Thank you Befuzzeled for bringing it out into the open...)

I went back to the voting thread to see who voted for Keith to go next, and reviewed their comments. Only Volmel, acknowledged the existance of this "inside" information and admitted considering it in her decision making process.

Why has no one else mentioned DarkRiver's Finale?

Why cover up your belief in the insider information with weak supporting logic?

Why not admit that you are using the DarkRiver spoiler as the basis for your voting and point out the other information that supports it?

Is it because we are embarrassed to admit it?

Are Volmel and Befuzzeled the only ones who are aware of it?

Why pretend we don't know it exists?

Are we burying our heads in the sand?
Does it's existance make our own predictions less valuable?

Do we wish it didn't exist and wouldn't spoil the game for us?

Do we need therapy?

Personally, I hope it's the ultimate red herring, and the inside information provided over the past several weeks was setting us up for "the big sting", to protect the finale.

Please help me understand...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Believers of Dark River's Final... sleeeve 05-03-01 1
 RE: Believers of Dark River's Final... frogspit 05-03-01 2
 RE: Believers of Dark River's Final... IceCat 05-03-01 3
 RE: Believers of Dark River's Final... Bebo 05-03-01 4
 RE: Believers of Dark River's Final... nailbone 05-03-01 5
 RE: Believers of Dark River's Final... Minstrel 05-03-01 6
   Thank-you. Krautboy 05-03-01 9
 DarkRivers AyatollahKhomeini 05-03-01 7
   RE: DarkRivers Minstrel 05-03-01 8
   To Ayatollah: Krautboy 05-16-01 10
       To Krautboy AyatollahKhomeini 05-16-01 12
           To Ayatollah Krautboy 05-16-01 13
               Do I need help! AyatollahKhomeini 05-16-01 14
                   Thanks AyaK... IceCat 05-16-01 16
 RE: Believers of Dark River's Final... dabo 05-16-01 11
   RE: Believers of Dark River's Final... VampKira 05-16-01 15
 Come on...................... Lightmage81 05-16-01 17
   RE: Come on...................... Minstrel 05-18-01 18
       RE: Come on...................... Lightmage81 05-19-01 19
           RE: Come on...................... Minstrel 05-19-01 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-03-01, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Believers of Dark River's Finale: Come out of the Closet..."
I've believed in a C/T alliance since the Mitch transcript was posted (except for a brief period around the Amber ouster when Colby seemed to be out of the loop).

I've been advocating a Keith ouster this week since... well... the beginning of the week.

Thus, I guess you could say I am a believer... even though I've been a believer for quite a while.

frogspit 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-03-01, 04:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frogspit Click to send private message to frogspit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Believers of Dark River's Finale: Come out of the Closet..."
I think DR just REEKS of being an MB red herring. I also voted for the logical CKT finale, which makes the most sense from Tina's (or even Keith's) perspective if Colby loses the final IC... and he should unless the game was fixed. (I'm pretty sure it was, but decided to play it as if it was legit.) Even with Colby winning the final IC, it still should be a logical TKC finale. The reason I think DR just smacks of being a red herring is because MB -knows- there is NO suspense with either Tina or Colby taking Keith to the jury... and so DR suddenly comes to light in the last few days with MB's hands all over it... not to mention all the lockbox hype. I'll stick to what I think SHOULD happen... and then laugh about the whole thing being fixed when/if Colby wins IC for a fifth straight time and irrationally takes Tina to F2 and then goes on to win the game, all done in MB's name for the sake of TV play. In a nutshell, if DR is NOT a red herring, I think the game was fixed. But that's me.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-01, 06:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Believers of Dark River's Finale: Come out of the Closet..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-01 AT 06:25 AM (EST)

Personally, I had never even heard of the name 'DarkRiver' until it was mentioned on the Jury Analysis Thread. I stay out of other speculation boards (personal choice).

My reasons for picking Colby as the final winner are in the following link. In my usual 'zen-like' fashion I have limited the info that I based my choice upon to only the video of the preview provided Thursday night.

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID2/1421.shtml#3

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID2/1421.shtml#8

With respect to whether one particular choice of opponent to take into the final two is 'logical' (and whether or not logic forms large in this decision-making process) it is impossible to judge the motivations of these characters based upon the 'logic' portrayed in the edited show. I have gone down 'logical choice' route... it is ultimately a fruitless line inquiry due to the overly mediated nature of the depiction of the characters.

MB has edited very carefully... you cannot make valid judgements about logical motivation because the information that you are basing this analysis upon is the dominant narrative that MB is directing.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-01, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Believers of Dark River's Finale: Come out of the Closet..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-01 AT 10:00 AM (EST)

When I posted my speculation about Colby winning the final IC, I did not know about DR. I don't go to the EZ board...I struggle to find enough time to keep up with posts here!

I did see DR's post after already making my mind up for the final two. Does it mean I'm going to use it as evidence that I was right? Nope. I stated my opinion, and no evidence has surfaced that makes me want to change my opinion. Am I sure I'm right? Nope. That offshore betting information, plus the editing, has me seeing credible arguments for Tina winning, and I wouldn't be shocked if that happened.

I just think MB's been formulaic with the editing, and that's why I speculated as I did. Will I be declaring myself a genius if that's the way it turns out? No, actually I'll be a bit sad. If someone like me who doesn't spend hours examining vidcaps, etc. can find the editing that predictable, then it makes me wonder just how boring S3 will be. Sigh.

edited to correct grammar that made even ME cringe!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-01, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Believers of Dark River's Finale: Come out of the Closet..."
I was aware of the DR spoiler, but had made my decision of a Colby/Tina finale with Colby winning long before I read it.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-03-01, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Believers of Dark River's Finale: Come out of the Closet..."
DarkRivers is a liar. He was exposed by gatormeatisyummy as being such on at least two different boards including gator's own website. DR claims to have inside information he fed to Ellipsiiis members. We already know certain Ellipsiiis members have admitted to issuing false spoilers, misleading (at least) the other survivor and spoiling community on the Internet, as well as the common knowledge they hide behind a private web site. What will be more revealing is whether Dark Rivers' "predictions" are in fact the final predictions used by Ellipsiiis in posting their picks/predictions.

I don't blame you for not knowing this as you say you have been gone for weeks and these revelations just surfaced over that time in connection with the board wars going on this season. I for one would not like the answers to the test! It is of no satisfaction for making a perfect score without hard work. In fact, while I applaud those that can obtain the "actual answers" as a form of detective work in itself, it is not a true test limited to survivor analysis. To me it is a form of cheating. But what is worse, is that people publicize these picks and compete with knowledge not available to others.

I am sorry if I sound as if I am ranting, but I am sick of this sort of thing. Ellipsiiis members have already said they work on the show like all other spoilers serious about the show, but when the inside information comes in, they validate whatever they have done with it. Still, the picks are secret until late. We see no "early" picks to see just how accurate they were before the information was spoon fed them.

Are Ellipsiiis members good at analysis and spoiling? Yes. Are they as good as their final picks? No. Gatormeatisyummy and evidently a number of posters on the net actually believe Ellipsiiis should have just said they get information instead of denying it. One poster on EZ stated it is like the Clinton sex scandal. It wasn't a problem he did it, it was a problem he lied about it and tried to cover it up.

Take it for what it is worth in DR's predictions. Look at Ellipsiiis picks if you want and see if he stays the course. Otherwise, just analyze and spoil the show yourself. There are excellent spoilers and posters doing just that without inside information.

05-03-01, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Thank-you."
Thank-you all for your responses. I feel better.

I have enjoyed the good quality spoiling on this board and have taken pride in what we, as a group, have been able to do.

The people that post here seem to have class and value what is good and fun about the spoiling process.

I had a lapse and was afraid that some of us had fallen into the same trap that the Elipsiiis Group apparently has; not admitting the sources and then fabricating logic to conceal it...oh what a tangled web...

The process is more important than the result. Integrity is more important than the right vote. Thank-you for renewing my faith in the SB Board.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-03-01, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "DarkRivers"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-01 AT 12:28 PM (EST)

Minstrel, you're confusing DarkRivers and liquidstar. I don't want to talk about liquidstar; I want to talk about DarkRivers.

DarkRivers is not an MB plant. He is not a show insider, nor does he have any connection to CBS or to the show. His pipeline is reliable but not infallible. He reports his information on Tuesday, as is posted on EZ. He seems like a nice person.

If I didn't believe that my pick was right, no amount of persuasion (except from someone that I knew had actually seen the episode) could get me to make it. I don't know anyone who has actually seen the episode. And I've been arguing in favor of a Tina/Colby alliance ever since Mitchell's speech in South Dakota. I'm glad DR's information agrees, but it would be OK if it didn't, too!

As far as DR's information on the winner, I'm disregarding it; even he admits to its speculative nature.

Basically, I treat DR's info the same way I treated the Boston Herald up through last week -- one factor to consider. I didn't change last week when the Herald, which I was convinced had inside info, disagreed with me.

05-03-01, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: DarkRivers"
Aya, I'm not saying DR is a plant by MB or CBS. He does have a source as he admitted. Other references just play into the whole situation. I too have ignored the Ellipsiiis picks and made my own analysis. I was suggesting that this is far more rewarding than knowing the answers, which has been confirmed by other members of Ellipsiiis. Liquidstar admitted to hacking Gator's board the first time or DOSing it is more accurate. I believe all in the interest of protecting the source, attempting to create an inbalance in FOB, and impairing other non-Ellipsiiis members from enjoying the show with their analysis and spoiling. But that's my opinion.

I commend you for doing as you say in making your picks. I too have done the same and find it more rewarding. At the same time I see "their" picks and issues come up on boards and it gets frustrating. Burying threads of proper discussion of the show.

05-16-01, 10:30 AM (EST)
10. "To Ayatollah:"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-01 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-16-01 AT 10:37 AM (EST)

When this thread was first posted I had a limited knowledge of the information network and posting community. Since the season ended I've been trying to gather up information sources and understand the relationships between the various boards and their members.

A few questions for you:

Are you or are you not a member of the "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust"?

When did you become a member?

Is DarkRivers also a member of the same group or just a poster on the Ellipsiiis site?

Why have you decided not to mention anything about your membership with the EBT and your access to DarkRivers and others?

Let me make it clear that your hard work is respected and the information you decide to share with us at SB appreciated. I am not questioning your integrity. I just want to understand...

05-16-01, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "To Krautboy"
>Three questions for you:
>
>Are you or are you not a member of the "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust"?

Yes, I am a member of the EBT as well as a member of this board (and also a member of SurvivorSucks and EZ). The EBT has around 180 members, most of whom came from SurvivorSucks, but a few came from SurvivorBlows or other boards. I was not one of the founding members, but I joined just after E8.

>Is DarkRivers also a member of the same group or just
>a poster on the Ellipsiiis site?

DarkRivers is also a member and formerly was a poster on SurvivorSucks.

>Why have you decided not to mention anything about your membership
>with the EBT and your access to DarkRivers and others?

Well, I haven't denied being a member of the EBT, I post frequently on the EBT public board, and some of the other posters here at SB are aware of it.

On the other hand ... at the time I joined ellipsiiis, it was engaged in "board wars" with the Gatorboard ("Voted Off!") and with SurvivorAddicts. Ultimately, the wars turned nasty, despite the best efforts of several of us in the EBT to prevent that (though, to be honest, we also had one individual who did contribute materially to the distrust between the boards). SB was not part of those wars (thank heavens), and I didn't want to do anything that could give anti-EBT people reason to come over here. Also, I didn't want people to give my opinions more or less weight because of some perceived "aura" or "stench" (depending on your viewpoint) of EBT membership.

I should add that one of the rules that we have enforced in the EBT is that any spoiler theory or prediction developed on those boards stays there. However, a member may post anything that he or she has developed himself outside the board. Thus, I have posted my own theories here, but I would not post those of anyone else from ellipsiiis. I am proud to add that, not only was I the first person here to postulate that there was a Colby-Tina alliance, I was also the first one to do it there!

>Let me make it clear that your hard work is respected
>and the information you decide to share with us at
>SB appreciated. I am not questioning your integrity. I just
>want to understand...

I do understand, Krautboy. We've been in an island of calm at SB, which is a result of a deliberate attempt to downplay both ellipsiiis and the (to me, quite juvenile) board rivalries. In my view, the EBT did its thing, and we did ours. I enjoyed being part of both.

05-16-01, 05:42 PM (EST)
13. "To Ayatollah"
Thanks for the explanation. I'll try to do my part to respect your multiple personalities and help maintain "the island of calm at SB".

05-16-01, 06:37 PM (EST)
14. "Do I need help!"
>respect your multiple personalities

Oh, no! Do I need a psychiatrist? Seriously, I have multiple roles, but only one personality (I hope!). I post on EBT because a lot of my friends from S1 and the first part of S2 went there (toddnick, paratrooper, Sarawara, AmazonLawyer, Thumper, AtlantaFatMike, Rodgerdodger, griftd, Thebes, RandomGuy, owen93, etc.). I post here because a lot of my friends remain here.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-01, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Thanks AyaK..."
It must have been difficult keeping the various spoilers from each board straight so that the 'twains don't meet' so to speak.

I must commend you on your efforts to respect the wishes of those of us who were requesting that the EBT info be kept compartmentalized into it's own thread.

Good job meeting the needs of both sides communities!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-01, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Believers of Dark River's Finale: Come out of the Closet..."
I pretty much arrived at my conclusions before I even heard of DarkRiver's, which I totally forgot about soon after I read it. Frankly, I consider all sources potential scams and/or almost certain failures somewhere along the way, it's all just a fascinating guessing game really. Honestly, I'd rather not know with absolute certainty what will happen before I get to see it, where's the fun in that?

and now my new try-out sig

"Some people got no couth." (line in dozens of Bowery Boys pictures)

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-16-01, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Believers of Dark River's Finale: Come out of the Closet..."
AK.......***looks at AK with admiration****
Nuff said!

w.l.s.f.c.

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-16-01, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Come on......................"
>Do we need therapy?

Yea.

I think we all do.....
the damn show has been over for a few weeks now, I suggest we al give our brains a little rest and come back storming next season and get a perfect 15-0-0 score!

In my Opinion,

We should consolidate all the spoilers and catalog them according to which ones were red herrings and which ones turned out to be true.........if this has not already been done.

If memory serves my correct,
the most reliable spoilers came from the survivors themselves

Also, the more elaborate a spoiler the more likely it was an MB plant. (Alicia chewed up by croc website and Source Code)

The MOST UNRELIABLE spoilers came from the SS.com board

Yea, thats my 2cents worth............

(NB: I apologize as this is a little off the topic, but just needed to get it of my chest)

05-18-01, 11:31 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Come on......................"
Lightmage, do you have an interest in helping form an organized set of spoiler info? See my topic in Spoilers.

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-19-01, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Come on......................"
yea.........
I saw the post .......

I think its a good idea...........

But like I said above, I think we need a break....
Sorry to say this but don't you think the post is a little premature.....

maybe we can start when the casting is complete or at some other significant time......

05-19-01, 12:15 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Come on......................"
Lightmage, premature? Not really. I am looking for interest mainly and what people are willing to do. But I don't expect people to be necessarily starting spoiling right now. All we have is the location. I just thought more people would be around to voice their interest now, than in a month. Maybe I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. We all will be "breaking" that's for sure. If webby comes through maybe things will be easier and quicker, but I don't know if that will happen. I do think the more we do in advance the less we need to do at the last minute. So maybe for now, just an inquiry?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •