The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Parents"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Europeanne 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-30-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Europeanne Click to send private message to Europeanne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Parents"
Jen's parents were dressed like they are going to some redneck burger joint, not to a classy brunch with millionaires... Did Lorenzo not pick up the hick vibes? LOL

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Parents seahorse 11-30-06 1
   RE: Parents Europeanne 11-30-06 6
 RE: Parents hunterjax 11-30-06 2
   RE: Parents Europeanne 11-30-06 5
 RE: Parents Savahnna 11-30-06 3
   RE: Parents Europeanne 11-30-06 4
       RE: Parents Savahnna 12-01-06 7
           RE: Parents Europeanne 12-01-06 8
               RE: Parents Savahnna 12-01-06 9
                   RE: Parents Europeanne 12-01-06 10
 RE: Parents Cyndimaus 12-01-06 11
   RE: Parents Savahnna 12-01-06 12
   RE: Parents Europeanne 12-01-06 13
 RE: Parents LeneC 12-01-06 14
   RE: Parents Europeanne 12-01-06 15
       RE: Parents bix 12-01-06 16
 RE: Parents Cyndimaus 12-02-06 17
   RE: Parents Europeanne 12-02-06 18
       RE: Parents Cyndimaus 12-03-06 19
           RE: Parents woiwod 12-03-06 20
               RE: Parents Cyndimaus 12-04-06 22
 RE: Parents maryellennaco 12-03-06 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-30-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Parents"
Apparently not, but if he marries Jen, she will be in New York with him, while Jen's family will be a 1000 miles away, so it won't be that big a deal.

11-30-06, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Europeanne Click to send private message to Europeanne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Parents"
When you marry someone, you marry their family too.... Apparently Lorenzo's family is primitive as well, if they did not object to Jen and her parents...

hunterjax 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-30-06, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunterjax Click to send private message to hunterjax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Parents"
My husband kept pointing that out. He was really focused on how casually the father was dressed. He was flown all the way to Rome and was going to be on national television, I can't believe his wife couldn't have made him dress a little better.

Lorenzo must of really liked Jen if her dad wasn't even a deal-breaker.

11-30-06, 04:15 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Parents"
Lorenzo knew he'D be shot by the father if he does not choose Jen! LOL

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-30-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Parents"
Sorry to be the dark cloud here....but why is everyone getting so caught up in how Jen's parents were dressed. Maybe it's all they know...maybe they want to present themselves the way they really are.

If the prince and his family would pass judgement to the point of lowering their points for Jen because of how her family dressed then who needs them?

11-30-06, 04:14 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Parents"
If a person has any class at all, they will at least dress up out of respect. I mean God, you may be meeting future family here... No excuse for the ignorance... Sorry!

12-01-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Parents"
Respect because they're "royalty"??!! Their son's on National TV sucking face with at least 10 women....sleeping with most likely more than one....how's that for respect??

Money doesn't care who owns it. I've seen some pretty classy ppl dress casually. AND....how do you know they didn't say "come dressed casually"??

12-01-06, 10:42 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Parents"
U must dress like them if u defend them. Casually? That was below casual... That was white trash..... I never said Lorenzo is roylaty, but he does not live in a trailor park....

Jen was so embarrassed by her own parents look and behavior, she even said so at the table.... U must have missed that part...

I know poor people who dress nicer to go and do their laundry, than Jen's parents did. It's a disgrace.

I don't care how they dress in the US, but for God's sake: They were in Rome, Italy. The fashion capital of the world... It was disgusting! What a lame impression they must have left on the local Italians! They must think that all Americans are so sloppy!

12-01-06, 10:49 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Parents"
>U must dress like them if
>u defend them. Casually?

Why as a matter of fact I do. I'm a Human Resources Manager for a technology company and I ask potential employees to feel free to come dressed casually on interviews. I've seen some very "classy" rich folks dress in jeans.

But I don't want to start a feud with you. I'm pretty sure you're a good person and it doesn't matter to me how you dress!!

12-01-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Parents"
Look, there's casual messy, and there's casual neat. The father had stains on his shirt. No person in their right mind would have the face to go to an elegant place dressed like that. It's just inappropriate... All I'm saying is that if I were to meet a person's parents who dress like that at such an important function, I wouldn't think much of that family. It's just about manners! Yet the father expects his daughter to be taken care of, but I'll bet u if Lorenzo and his parents looked like homeless people, he would not want Jen to date him.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-01-06, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Parents"
While people are often judged by how they dress, in this situation there was more than just a "first impression" opportunity since they probably spent several hours together. In that situation you have the chance to get to know each other past the small talk and the way you dress.

You could easily go the opposite direction and call people snobs for dressing richly. Yes, you dress for the occasion, but it isn't the clothes that determine what kind of person you are. (sometimes they are a statement by you of who you are)

Lets give the parents a break. We sound rather petty to be criticizing the parents for how they dress.

Sigs by Cyg
Maus Musings

12-01-06, 12:54 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Parents"

>Lets give the parents a break.

I agree. And there is so much scripting, editing, and dynamics that we're not aware of....it may have even been suggested that they come casually for "Good TV".

12-01-06, 04:11 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Parents"
I agree... Even if you put those people in tuxes and evening gowns, they'll never be polished... This was evident the moment Lorenzo walked through the door of Jen's house in FL....

I believe the 2 girls and 2 sets of parents were just on 2 different wavelengths...

It was like a bad circus, with Lorenzo as the clown! LOL

LeneC 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-01-06, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeneC Click to send private message to LeneC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Parents"
>Jen's parents were dressed like they
>are going to some redneck
>burger joint, not to a
>classy brunch with millionaires... Did
>Lorenzo not pick up the
>hick vibes? LOL
Lorenzo must be blind. How about meeting the prince and princess Borghese wearing jeans, loafers with no socks!!

12-01-06, 04:50 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Parents"
HAHA! The combination of Lorenzo's parents and Jen's parents is frightening!

bix 15 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-06, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bix Click to send private message to bix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Parents"
LOL, good point! His mom's astrology and palm-reading not classy at all. As for Jen's father, yes, he should have dressed up for the occasion. It's just good manners. However I could overlook the casual clothing. What really put me off about 'Jen Senior' was his boorish personality. Did you see the look of aggression on his face? He acted like he was at a football game, getting ready to block and tackle. And his earlier bit with the shotgun. What a jerkola!

12-02-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Parents"
Another thing to consider: this was a casual brunch in a home, not a meal out in a restaurant. I think that would affect what you wear. (I don't run in the "rich" circles, but this would make sense to me) Now, I may have dressed up more, knowing I was dining with rich people, but I wouldn't have thought I should really dress up a lot. (and I like what someone else pointed out, they may have directed in how to dress by the show itself)

dressed up for the holidays by Tribe

12-02-06, 01:28 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Parents"
This has nothing to do with dining with the rich! It's about having fashion sense and representing your family in the best way possible. They dressed as if they didn't care, and I don't care if u go to a picnic or to a mansion, to me, what they wore was unacceptable. I am not rich, but when I go to meet people for the first time, I try to present myself in the best possible light. That means behavior and style. They failed to do that!

12-03-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Parents"
I think too much emphasis has been put on what they were wearing. What really counted was how they acted and what they said. Whether they pulled that off or not has nothing to do with how they dressed. That is my point. I know that Jen's dad had his moments but that had nothing to do with how "dressed down" he was. Who you are comes out (good or bad) no matter how you're dressed.

Plus I think it was good for Lorenzo to have another look at what Jen's parents are like. You want to have an honest impression of someone, not what they are pretending to be in order to make a good impression.

woiwod 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-03-06, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woiwod Click to send private message to woiwod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Parents"
Who really cares what her parents wore. What is all this nonsense about making a good impression by what you wear anyhow? I saw an aticle in a newspapae awhile ago and it showed pictures of two men with captions under tham saying which hitchhiker would you pick up? One was dressed in a suit and tie and the other in jeans and an old shirt. Apparently the one in the suit was a murderer and the other was an accountant with "good" social standing. In other words, clothes do not make the man and a person should never judge what kind of person another is by what they wear. Apparently Lorenzo had the good sense not to judge so foolishly. As for whether he and Jen last has nothing to do with what anyone wears.

12-04-06, 01:12 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Parents"
Exactly my point!

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-03-06, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Parents"
Oh, COME ON.... This is how we dress for brunch in Florida, whether we're going to I-HOP or the Donald's. Get a grip!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •