The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lesbian Idol Journals – 2000-2005 Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-29-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lesbian Idol Journals – 2000-2005 Week"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-05 AT 11:03 PM (EST)

Lesbian Idol Journals – 2000-2005 Week

In the usual reverse order…

6. Scott Savol

Scott was dull and unmemorable this week in a pinstripe blazer over a periwinkle shirt, which he coupled with a pair of ill-fitting, straight-cut, baggy blue jeans. It wasn’t quite all-out disastrous; but taken together with his tone-deaf, wooden delivery of what was supposed to be a moving and intimate ballad, it was certainly more than enough to land him on the top of my list of shame.

5. Carrie Underwood

Carrie Underwood’s top looked like a blatant rip-off of one of Michael Jackson’s early-90s outfits. Combined with her sleek flat-ironed hair (which was nice, I’ll grant her that), a pair of entirely too nondescript jeans, and an ostentatious belt that screamed “bling-bling” whenever you looked at it… The entire costume ended up being woefully mismatched (especially when you consider the fact that she was wearing it to perform a country song that couldn’t have been more countri-fried unless she’d sang it while riding a tractor or a bucking bronco or a cow, or something). Furthermore, her obvious affinity with the song worked to her disadvantage; instead of pulling out all the stops on a tune she was evidently comfortable with, she chose to emotionlessly phone in her entire performance; and the whole oddly-put-together outfit + detached, by-the-rote delivery ended up being her blandest, most uninspired appearance on Idol to date.

4. Constantine Maroulis

Constantine went for a more hardened image this week, pairing an all-black costume with a silver belt (and thankfully ditching last week's eyeliner misfire) for his faux hard-rocker number. It was an alright outfit really; but his faux hard-rocker moves on stage: shaking his hair all over the place, swinging that microphone stand like a weapon, kicking at the camera and fake-scowling constantly – it seriously detracted from his performance (which was pitchy in all kinds of places). I do think he deserved to stay over Scott; but at the same time I can’t deny the fact that his histrionic appearance this week felt flashy, inauthentic, over-stylized and hollow. No amount of Connie’s usual showmanship could cover this lack of substance.

3. Bo Bice

Bo’s Jamaican-hippie blouse and $6 sunglasses could be considered to be as mismatched as Carrie’s; yet somehow he made it work. I honestly don’t know how he does it – anyone else wearing that outfit with those glasses to sing that song would have been branded a Lesbian Fashion Disaster immediately. But I suppose his obvious enthusiasm for just being there, his energy and sheer passion for performing and his ballsy, devil-may-care attitude just made the whole thing work; and Bo wins a Who Would’ve Thunk It award for transforming an implausible costume into an affirmative fashion statement.

2. Vonzell Soloman

Vonzell’s cream and white ensemble (adorned very simply with a gold-speckled hip-sash) was a no-fuss, no-muss winsome affair. People forget that Vonzell’s only just turned 21; and since she’s singing a song Christina Aguilera made famous when she was barely out of her teens, the casual, youthful outfit she chose to perform it in was absolutely spot-on. That being said, I really do wish she had chosen a better Christina song like The Voice Within, or even a better diva song period; one which would have allowed her to dress up instead of down and take more risks in her fashion choices because this has been the third week in a row that I’ve given Vonzell a decent ranking for doing casual-chic and frankly, I’m dying to give her the top prize now that I’m playing her in the Be The Idol game. So if you’re reading this, Baby V, pretty, pretty please?

1. Anthony Federov

Hmmm shocker of shockers. After a string of dull, cute, forgettable performances, Anthony pulls off a risky, confident and smooth rendition of… a Celine Dion number. Sure it was a bizarre choice, and there’s no denying it teetered dangerously on the edge of being cheesy and overwrought; but you gotta give the boy bonus points for doing something so potentially disastrous and then executing it so effortlessly. And he couldn’t have looked more understated-sexy in his gray pinstripe suit over light blue shirt, which was unbuttoned at the collar to reveal just enough of a hint of neck-to-collarbone flesh (accentuated by trademark silver pendant) sure to drive his tweenage fans into a frenzy (hi Heather Locklear’s daughter!); the perfect outfit to accompany a song that was so swoopingly diva-dramatic. Brava Anthony – you’ve earned yourself a well-deserved Fashionable-Dyke of the Week.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lesbian Idol Journals – 2000-20... strid333 04-30-05 1
   RE: Lesbian Idol Journals – 2000-20... sodiumswirl 04-30-05 2
       RE: Lesbian Idol Journals – 2000-20... strid333 04-30-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-30-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lesbian Idol Journals – 2000-2005 Week"
Good job. I agree with Baby Vee especially. (And unlike another Vee, she is actually memorable.)

Three is the perfect number.

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-30-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lesbian Idol Journals – 2000-2005 Week"
Hey thanks.

Also, forgive the stupidity, but...

Who's the other Vee?

(And while we're at it: why is 333 the perfect number?)

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-30-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lesbian Idol Journals – 2000-2005 Week"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-05 AT 03:37 PM (EST)

Vecepia aka Vee, winner of Survivor 4, was not very memorable. They got Kathy O, and Boston Rawb to represent All-Stars from that season (but I think they did ask her to join but she was preggers). And 3 is perfect because it is great for showing math examples without huge numbers or the confusion with 2, and the holy trinity, etc.

Three is the perfect number.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •