The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-09-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
Looks like NBC has decided to hold David Kelly in contempt of court as they have pulled the plug on his pathetic foray into the world of reality tv. See, I told you this show was horrible. The problem was pretty obvious once you looked at the ratings trend from ep #1 to ep #2. Only 5mil watched ep 1 and that number went down by a cool mil for ep 2.

No word yet on when you can expect to see the remaining 6 episodes show up on Bravo.

I forgot to bring over the link, but I read this on reality blurred...I'm sure our site has it reported as well (right Ayak?).

This has to be an alltime record for the quickest a show was canned. I know this happened after one or two episodes in the past with NBC with Lost, but I think that was after they had already showed one entire enstallment of the series. There was also that UPN show produced by my pal Bruce Toms...forgot the name but it involved a bunch of families on an island competing for a house.

I'm gonna try to get Barret to do an interview for the site. Now that the show has been cancelled there is actually something interesting to talk about. I'd love to hear a castmembers feelings on all of this.

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... SurvivorBlows 08-09-05 1
 RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... volsfan 08-09-05 3
   RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... SurvivorBlows 08-09-05 7
       RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... RonReports 08-10-05 12
           Pure comedy shakes the clown 08-11-05 13
           RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... freakusmaximus 08-11-05 14
 RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... Bebo 08-09-05 5
   RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... Estee 08-09-05 6
       RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... SurvivorBlows 08-09-05 8
           RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... Estee 08-09-05 9
       RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... Fishercat 08-13-05 23
 RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... Tiggertramp 08-09-05 10
   RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... Bebo 08-09-05 11
       RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... DonnaLynn 08-11-05 15
           RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... Estee 08-11-05 16
       RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... SurvivorBlows 08-12-05 22
 RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... MTW1961 08-11-05 20
   RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... uglier than sarah w 08-12-05 21
   RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... BlueLies 08-13-05 24
       RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment aga... mmm_link 08-15-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-09-05, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
>This has to be an alltime
>record for the quickest a
>show was canned.

Nope, see The Will on CBS -- canned after one episode (although I just got an email yesterday from a Kiwi viewer who says the show just started airing in New Zealand... and actually managed to stay on the air and broadcast Episode 2 the following week.)

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-05 AT 12:34 PM (EST)

Looks like Bravo is going to show the entire series...or at least 7 episodes.

Here is the link to the Bravo schedule. Webby, do you know if that is the entire run of the season?

Edited to fix link.

08-09-05, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
I think that Bravo was already re-running the episodes all along and that's just the "repurpose" schedule. According to the a statement that NBC released yesterday, the Bravo's broadcast schedule for the remaining original episodes is "yet to be determined" -- however given that its decided to dump Situation: Comedy on Friday nights, my guess would be that we'll see it pop up on Tuesday nights.

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-10-05, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
I enjoyed watching the first two episodes of Law Firm and I will continue to watch it on Bravo. Watching it is entertaining to me and I can learn more about the legal system by seeing this show.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-05, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Pure comedy"
>and
>I can learn more about
>the legal system by seeing
>this show.

...now THAT is funny.

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-11-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
its impossible to learn anything about the legal system from this show b.c they only show you bits and clips from each team, so its hard to follow... I actually practiced law (litigation) for 6 years and was confused by the show. in apprentice for example the projects are so super simple that its easy to follow. with litigation its only interesting if you can really see the stategy and flow of the arguments. they should have had one case and followed through from strategy to the end. even non reality law shows like law and order only have one case which you can get fully involved in. here, they were more focused on the contestants bashing each other than explainig their stretegies, etc.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-05, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
Wow, and Estee didn't even have to write a summary to kill this one.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-05, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
I really am trying to go after the Lifers, but it's impossible. When my watching counts as one-eighth of the largest audience VH1's ever had, making them lose on ratings is a lost cause.

And for the record: I am not going Kiwi to pursue my even-number Will commitment. They want it summarized so badly (and badly summarized it would be -- what happened in Episode #1 again?), they can put it on cable over here.

08-09-05, 05:33 PM (EST)
8. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
Here Estee, just for you below is a copy of the quickie summary the Kiwi reader sent me:

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Episode 2 was once again focused around Penny and her family vs. the rest. There was a time challenge that pit Josh against Penny and Penny won. Penny hosted the family dinner and told Danielle and Crystal that they were fired from her boutiques and that Billy was going to be kicked of the property when the game was over, she then forced Josh, Billy, Danielle and Crystal to leave the dinner. Penny and her family planned to save eachother and then pick Crystal who they said would pick Danielle because they had a pact, and then Danielle would have to eliminate either Billy or Josh. Billy, Josh, Danielle and Crystal knew that it was going to happen and Josh made a plan to have Danielle eliminate him so Billy could still be in the game.

At the ceremoney Penny picked Scott who picked Bette who picked Ashley who picked Crystal, Crystal then picked Josh, which shocked Penny and her family. Penny became angry and started calling Danielle a ##### and saying she deserved it, Josh then stared down Penny and her family which made Scott angry, they then stared at eachother for awhile with the family throwing
insults at Josh. Josh then chose Billy and Danielle was eliminated.

08-09-05, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
...let's see, Priceline's quote for an Economy Red-Eye ticket is...

Nah.

But my, doesn't that look bashable. I'm not the least bit surprised by Poison Penny sticking her competitors on the unemployment line. Such a charmer. I wonder how many lawsuits she's fired off at the production company for making her look bad.

Thank you for the update -- now we all know how close we came to seeing Voldemort unseated as Most Unpleasant Reality Personality. Sheesh. And in Episode #3, Josh finds a horse's head on his pillow.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-13-05, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-05 AT 01:02 AM (EST)

I thought all life was based on carbon (at least on Earth), and with at least one member of the Lifer cast not being carbon-based, that would be impossible...wait, I forgot silicon is the other realistic element to base life on in certain situations. Damnit.

Missionhockey21 Complete
I'm airing it out.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
Didn;t "who's my Daddy" (or whatever show was to guess paternity) over with before it began? They taped a bunch of episodes, but didn;t show it due to protests??

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-05, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
No, that one only got taken off the air in one market - mine.

But "Welcome to the Neighborhood" got pulled before the first episode aired.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-11-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
Yep, unfortunately "Who's your daddy?" aired where I lived and I actually watched it! Trust me, you are better off for NOT having seen it!

--Donna :~)

08-11-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
16. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
I summarized it.

I'm only bringing this up because I want people to remember there's times when I use my powers for good.

08-12-05, 07:10 PM (EST)
22. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
Fox's "Dude, I'm Gay!" (at least I think that was the title) was also pulled before airing -- but that really was just a one-time reality special.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-11-05, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
One of my complaints when I watch the Olympic games on TV is that they only broadcast the really good competitors - the best gymnasts, the fastest skaters, the most skilled divers. You rarely obtain any perspective because there's nothing lousy to compare them to. When I went in person, I developed a more complete appreciation for the champions because they were SO MUCH BETTER by comparison that the also-rans.

That's why I enjoyed Law Firm. These wannabe lawyers were so hapless, it makes you appreciate the good ones - or at least the actors who portay good lawyers! The same could be said for the host guy, Ron Black, or whatever his name is. He was so wooden an monotone, he made The Donald look like a Superstar. Kind of like The Benefactor all over again.

I'm sorry they yanked it; I'll prolly watch the remaining episodes on Bravo.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
I caught the episode where the judge wanted to watch the lady's sado-masichism web site...eek. I think they ruined it by picking really bizarre cases in the name of sexing it up a bit. Wasn't my favorite show, but whatever.

BlueLies 398 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-05, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
"I'm sorry they yanked it; I'll prolly watch the remaining episodes on Bravo."

Yeah, gotta find out why that chick on the next one was 'fearing for her life.'

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-15-05, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: NBC grants Summary Judgment against Law Firm"
Bravo seems to be pulling it from its lineup as well. The only episode I see now is Episode 6 on Sept. 4th. I actually liked this show. How could they pull something that I liked when they let shows like Gilligans island and Average Joe go a full run??? Anyone have an updated schedule?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •