The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"momily's interview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

samced 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-05-01, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samced Click to send private message to samced Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"momily's interview"
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-01 AT 10:25 PM (EST)

Just watch a few of the tapes ( I have no life)
Emily is giving an interview, the horny driver, she will be more devious etc.
notice what she is wearing? red shirt, sunglasses top of her head, yellow backgrownd.
episode 4, interview, "if it says to take a train, take a dam train" yellow background, red shirt, sunglasses.
episode 5, "we suprised ourselves etc. etc: red shirt etc etc
I had notice Mom;s hair, lighter and longer,
had not notice Em attire.
This interview was clearly done after the show was over.
my question is, why? I know the only other person who they have done this with is Rob
BUT they are showing Mom & Emily more and more. Just wondering
why on earth, if as thought here, they go next week, whats the point? Unless team guido, does climb the rock or festers, esquire snorkle and still lose? could that fbe the twist?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 One Interview Fits All KelvinKing 11-05-01 1
   RE: momily's interview Cole 11-06-01 2
 Red Shirt Canada Girl 11-06-01 3
   RE: Red Shirt Styxfan 11-06-01 4
       RE: Red Shirt Cole 11-06-01 5
       RE: Red Shirt samced 11-06-01 6
           RE: Red Shirt ykchan 11-06-01 7
               RE: Red Shirt Cole 11-06-01 8
                   RE: Red Shirt ykchan 11-06-01 9
           RE: Red Shirt katem 11-06-01 10
               RE: Red Shirt Cole 11-07-01 11
                   RE: Red Shirt ykchan 11-07-01 12
 Momily's interview-more spoilers? asperella 11-15-01 13
   RE: Momily's interview-more spoiler... TeamJoisey 11-15-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KelvinKing 64 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-01, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KelvinKing Click to send private message to KelvinKing Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "One Interview Fits All"
I have noticed this for some time as well, I never posted anything because I just couldn't connect it with anything solid.

As early as Episode 4 or 5 (I think it's 5). They have been using little clips from what seems to be the same inverview from several teams. One of them is Emily, the other 2 I noticed is Magritta and Drew.

Emily is wearing the red T-Shirt, with the Sunglasses on top and the yellow wall background. Magritta is wearing the white singlet and some kinda structure with vines in the background. Drew is wearing a black shirt with some kinda mini shrine in the background.

It's quite obvious that they's cutting and pasting certain quotes from the same interview and using them over a span of several episodes. Whether this indicates that these teams last longer or not, we don't really know.

I can't seem to fit it in. I was trying to observe the background of both Drew and Magritta. Seems like it's taken from the Taj Khema hotel pit stop, or another asian place. I have no idea where the hell that yellow wall in Emily's background fits in.

Oh well.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-06-01, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: momily's interview"
For those who watched the first 3 shows, it was obvious who was getting eliminated - the team that sat down as a pair in front of the camera in a relaxed, outdoor setting. This happened with Matt and Anna, the two teachers, and the two working moms. Then the producers caught on and started splicing in these interviews which were obviously filmed much later. Kelvin this started with episode 4, the one where David and Margaretta went out. They had shown the clips of Rob several times, and I was convinced that this meant Rob and Brennan were going out, but it turned out to be the gramps.

My theory is that the producers realized they needed to have some more of these interviews to let people know what the contestants were thinking, so they did a "now you are in India, how did you feel about the market" type thing. I don't think this has any correlation to how long each team lasts. As the teams get eliminated, they need to give each more exposure. I am not a believer in the "story arc" angle (see that post for that discussion) so I don't think it means anything. It just makes it more interesting.

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-06-01, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Red Shirt"
The one question I have about this interesting little potential spoil is: Has anyone notice Emily wearing the red shirt during the race? If not, then we can assume these interviews were done later on.This, coupled with Mom's longer, blonder hair, makes things really interesting!

Styxfan 64 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-01, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Styxfan Click to send private message to Styxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Red Shirt"
I don't see how it makes things more interesting, it just means that the interview was done after the show.

11-06-01, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Red Shirt"
No, I meant that the interviews themselves let us know their thoughts, and that it's interesting to hear their reactions to what's going on. I didn't mean that it's interesting that they were done after the show.

almost a Beauty contest celebrity judge!

samced 72 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-01, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samced Click to send private message to samced Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Red Shirt"
exactly, the interviews where after the show was over.
If you see everyone elses clip, they are done in the moment of the race. They are all wearing the attire they wore that day or with the Taj or italy etc in the background. Always very short and to the point. Momily's interview goes on and on and on, granted we only see a clip here and there, but notice how much airtime they are getting.
now this could mean 2 things.
1. they win and this is the congratulatory interview
2. they lose and this is the life sucks interview

in either case this posting predicts that they either win or lose depending on, if they get eliminated or not

ykchan 58 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-01, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ykchan Click to send private message to ykchan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Red Shirt"
One thing I noticed at the end of Momily's non-elimination episode is that the finale was set up (i.e., doing the interviews with them while they were standing there in front of Phil) as if they had been eliminated. If memory serves me correctly, I don't think we got this from Lenny and Karyn during their non-elimination episode. Did we? And then they went out the very next week. Perhaps it would have been redundant to have two of those types of finale interviews two weeks in a row?

11-06-01, 04:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Red Shirt"
Chan, I don't understand what you mean. Nancy and Emily did not have what you call a "finale interview", did they? I'm not sure if what you are saying is a finale interview is something like, we've had a lot of fun, we did our best. Obviously you can't have this until they actually get eliminated. If you're talking about the clip of Emily saying how she's going to play nasty, that is not a finale interview, that is just a comment interspersed in the show just like all of the others. Are you saying that because there was this clip the show can't end with two clips of Nancy/Emily two weeks in a row? Not sure I follow your logic... It doesn't necessarily mean that Nancy and Emily don't go out next week and have a "finale interview", it's just setting up for next week.

11-06-01, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ykchan Click to send private message to ykchan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Red Shirt"
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-01 AT 05:38 PM (EST)

Okay, I must be tired.

What I'm trying to say is that after Phil told Nancy and Emily that they were eliminated, the camera then cut to Nancy talking at great length about their strategy vs. the Guidos, how happy they were to still be in the game, etc.

This isn't a finale/exit interview, but it was certainly set up to *look* like one. If memory serves me correctly, this did NOT happen with Lenny and Karyn (or if it did, it was very brief) during their non-elimination episode -- I remember they hugged each other, but no talk about strategy or being grateful to still be there, etc. -- and the very next week they were eliminated. (and we all remember that interview pretty well) So, I'm just wondering about the odds that CBS would have Momily do an interview like that in front of the finish line two episodes in a row...somehow, I'm beginning to think that isn't likely, which makes me think that they won't be eliminated next. That's all.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-06-01, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Red Shirt"
Nice bit of deduction Samced. You have left me speechless!!!!!!! You are funny.

11-07-01, 08:40 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Red Shirt"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-01 AT 08:41 AM (EST)

Chan, I watched the tape again, and I'd have to disagree with you on this one. I don't think anything was "set up" at all. The only thing set up was a camera to record their arrival, as with all the other teams. All I saw was Phil saying it was a non-elimination, so they were still in the race and they still had a chance to win. I'm sure that Momily is the production crew's sentimental favorite, so it was natural for Phil to want to say something nice. It certainly did not seem to me like he was "interviewing" them. Nancy's comments were not in response to any questions, they were just an expression of her feelings that very moment.

I don't think you can make ANY conclusions from this, or even compare it to the ONE other time there was a non-elimination, with Lenny and Karyn. Who knows, maybe Karyn and Lenny had nothing interesting to say, which is why it wasn't shown. I think your point is that they would not interview Momily in this manner two weeks in a row, and I don't think that's an accurate statement. It doesn't mean that Momily is safe in 11/14, and judging from the evidence that the teams rock climb on 11/21 and the picture looks like Guido Bill, Momily could be in real trouble on 11/14.

11-07-01, 10:18 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Red Shirt"
Your take makes sense. That's the great thing about this show -- it's left to so much interpretation that we can all take different views on what will or might happen, and we can all be right/wrong. You did get my point, BTW (second time is a charm) and that's just my personal speculation, not a statement as fact.

asperella 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail asperella Click to send private message to asperella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Momily's interview-more spoilers?"
I can't help to say that as soon as I saw Emily in that red shirt today, I knew quite well that the momilys would be eliminated. It seems that today is the first and only time she wore a red shirt. And remember about the interviews with Emily every now and then? She was *ahem* in the same red shirt. And so within the first 15 minutes, I convinced myself who will be going out next.

Just think about it, all these interviews would only be possible after the teams had been eliminated. That's the only time they have to do an interview. The teams that go on to the next round would be busy resting and preparing for the next episode during the 12 hour break that they have no time to do the interview, until after the whole show. Then they would have to play back the tape, and capture their feelings at that time they were playing the game.

Doesn't that give us a clue as to which 2 teams are likely to move on to the finals? The ones with no/ few interviews!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-15-01, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Momily's interview-more spoilers?"
The eliminated teams are sequestered after their ouster. There is plenty of time to do interviews in the next few days.

To my eye, Emily and Nancy had obviously showered and rested before giving the interview from which were snipped those interspersed comments. Therefore, they already knew they were gone when they talked about getting nasty against Team Guido. They had a camera crew with them, of course, because the crew is "eliminated" as well.

I will play close attention to any other interview clips that appear, since they are likely post-elimination. But bear in mind we are days away from the finish, and all the remaining teams were probably in hand when the game ended.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •